Print Page | Close Window

Starsky & H.K. weed leaf

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Indoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your indoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8590
Printed Date: 22 September 2019 at 06:17

Topic: Starsky & H.K. weed leaf
Posted By: stinkysticky
Subject: Starsky & H.K. weed leaf
Date Posted: 17 May 2011 at 19:49
Time for a new, hopefully full, diary. the next seeds that i planted are: 2 Starsky's and 2 Hindu Kushes. The Starsky #1, as the creator named it, is an awesome gene that a friend of a friend gave me.It's made from crossings between White Berry, Big Bang, White Widow and Great White Shark.

%3ceed%20leafToday i put the last germinated starsky, in the pot. The other one is about a day or two, old. And the HK's are 4 days. I usually set a general date for all of them. i'm too lazy to keep individual account %3cig%3c. Enough talk, some pics:

Hindu Kush #1:

Hindu Kush #2:

Starsky #1:

I also kept 4 clones which were in 12/12 from the beginning, to see if they would come back to veg.

White Berry, 2 clones which i won't keep:

Hindu Kush #2, clone:

Hindu Kush #3 (the really long, fat one), clone:

%3ceed%20leaf

-------------
"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself."
Bob Marley

Replies:
Posted By: mellow
Date Posted: 17 May 2011 at 23:17
good luck with your new grow sticky.

how do you get all the pics in one post? do you low the image size some how, cause the quality is spot on.

Date Posted: 18 May 2011 at 14:18
thanks, mellowchris.

well, i take 7M pics with my sony cybershot and use paint to make them smaller. I select the "resize and skew" button and, at resize i change from 100% to 20% at "horizontal"("vertical" will change automatically). "Maintain aspect ratio" must be selected, also. "ok" and Ctrl+s and that's about it.

to get all the pics in one post - before i insert the pics i write something at the beginning of the page and a few, or a lot, rows lower (depending on how many pics i'm adding). After that, i put the first image, up, leaving lots of empty space beneath it.

I hope i was clear %3cig%3c

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 21 May 2011 at 19:04
yupyy, the last starsky seed that i almost threw away has been given life. i put it in the pot, about an hour ago.

-------------
Bob Marley

Posted By: TheUkOne
Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 10:14
good luck with your new adventure mate some nice tasting weed you will have in afew months %3chumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 17:20
Thanks. I hope so. Starsky has an awesome smell and taste. Since these were my last 3 seeds, i'll take some clones and keep the best yielding/tasting one.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 17:34
theres alot of varietys i havent tried yet but im hoping in the near future to try, psychosis, ch9 flower, ersb, starsky, and the mothers finest. well theres alot more but i wouldnt want you to fall asleep lol

Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 17:42
nothing concerning weed could make me fall asleep %3coving%20it

I'd love trying out psychosis, too. I heard it's pretty goood.

Concerning starsky, i don't know if you can. It's a gene created by a friend of a friend. Maybe i could give you a clone :P

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 17:55
i'll 3rd that, i wont mind trying psychosis as well.

Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 18:22
ive heard alot about the psychosis it sounds like a keeper for sure. i would also love to try the psychoberry.
thanks for the offer stinkysticky but ive just started some skunk#1

Date Posted: 06 June 2011 at 14:29
The babies have grown a little. They're not the same size cause some are a week apart and those tiny worm like creatures came again. They don't seem to do much destruction and there were/are just a few. I also topped the HK's, once. Pics.

around 3 weeks of veg.:

Hindu Kush #1:

Hindu Kush #2:

Starsky #1:

Starsky #2, the youngest one:

and the HK clones that i left:

%3ceed%20leaf

-------------
Bob Marley

Posted By: Hash Driveway
Date Posted: 06 June 2011 at 22:27
Nice pics and plants SS.

What soil are you growing them in and what do you currently add?

Date Posted: 07 June 2011 at 04:09
Thanks, HD.

I'm using good bag soil with biohumus. It's the only thing i give the plants during veg. When i put them in flower, i repot them in bigger pots in which i mix more soil with bat guano, worm castings and chicken crap. I wanna use cow manure but i'm too lazy to get it %3cig%3c

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 07 June 2011 at 04:12
Oh, i use liquid fertlizer too, during flowering, but only on special occasions, when they need more feeding. None in the last two weeks.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 07 June 2011 at 13:19
il be following your thread stinkysticky you grow some nice bud with the lights you have %3chumbs%20Up

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 07 June 2011 at 14:31
The second HK seems to be reverting veg growth well - one new shoot going straight up, new leaves don't look deformed. She should grow pretty normally from here on in.

In a week or three the lower bits of bud could be cut off, leaving a normal clone (and possibly producing a small joint).

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 07 June 2011 at 15:59
Thanks, UK. I hope things will go well with the growtent. It's pretty big for the light i have. Till a proper HPS i'll add more cfl's.

I hope the other clone returns to veg. as well. It's the one you predicted would be the biggest from last time, Ganja. It's also the one with the largest rot loss. Is this a weakness that the clone will also have?

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 07 June 2011 at 16:25
stinkysticky, its far better to have a big tent with small light than a small tent with a big light, im sure you will get the hps soon but for now you do well so keep up the good work and good luck with the other clone

Date Posted: 11 June 2011 at 14:32
It's not that good, UK. As i've seen through experience, if it's a big tent, lumens are lost a lot more without a reflector. A small tent with a lot of light (if heat and humidity are controlled), brings the best crops. Light is dispersed throughout the entire space so buds get bigger.

Here's how the grow is going, now, in the small veg.space, with the 4 cfl's. They're about 3 and 4 weeks old:

Hindu Kush #1:

Hindu Kush #2:

Starsky #1:

Starsky #2:

Hindu Kush #2 clone:

dwffqw

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 11 June 2011 at 14:38
I shouldn't post pics, high, anymore....

so, Hindu Kush #2 clone:

Hindu Kush #3 clone:

%3ceed%20leaf%3cig%3c%3ceed%20leaf

-------------
Bob Marley

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 11 June 2011 at 14:55
All looking good SS. Thanks for the pics of the clones, I love watching them revert to vegetative growth.

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 11 June 2011 at 21:59
Everything looks richly green, I'll continue to watch with interest.

One advantage with cfl's over hps's SS, you can watch the plants grow for more than 2 minutes.

Date Posted: 12 June 2011 at 02:14
It's really fun, sarah. i love the way the weird hk clone looks like, coming back to life.

They do grow pretty fast, hd. one of the best things is the low cost during veg.

hmmm, it's so fun getting pulled over by a cop, while high, blowing into the alcohol reader and making it read 0 %3cig%3c

-------------
Bob Marley

Posted By: alecky
Date Posted: 12 June 2011 at 05:59
Originally posted by stinkysticky

it's so fun getting pulled over by a cop, while high, blowing into the alcohol reader and making it read 0 %3c3c3cig%3c3c3c

Hey stinky ive done this too,a few times!!But funny as it is be warned,i read in the local paper here that a 21yr old was given a 4yr driving ban and a 900euro fine for drug driving,it said in the article there was traces of cannabis in his blood.Apparently he drove up to a police checkpoint with his full beams on and swerving across the white line!%3c3cig%3c3c

Edit, nice plants by the way!Going to be running some HK myself soon,im looking forward too it. Whats the make up of the starsky?Never heard of it before.

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 12 June 2011 at 12:28
i must admit its the first time ive seen clones revert back to growth from clones with actual buds %3chumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 13 June 2011 at 15:28
%3cig%20smile He had a lot of balls. Here, i heard the cops are on the streets because a lot of drunk drivers are out there.
mmm, Starsky. it's a great plant made out of White Berry, Big Bang, White Widow and Great White Shark.Feminized. It's not a stable gene, but each girl brings out something great. Last year i think, one of them got huuuge, only under cfl lights with a pretty big space. Also, the smelllll....%3cig%3c  

UK, i think it's the second time i've done this. It's pretty easy to clone while flowering and revert to veg. It's just that it takes some time.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 13 June 2011 at 16:29
i can believe it will be slower but it does look cool %3ceed%20leaf

Date Posted: 18 June 2011 at 21:24
3-4-5 week of veg. I put the HK's in flower, yesterday. They had 5 weeks of veg. I didn't have much to mix the soil with, when i repotted so i only added about a handful of worm made soil. I just reminded that i also have some chicken crap...too late for these two.

Yesterday pics:
Starsky #1:

Starsky #2:

Hindu Kush #2 clone:

Hindu Kush #3 clone:

and the HK's that went to flower, yesterday.
Hindu Kush #1:

Hindu Kush #2:

%3ceed%20leaf
If i were to put the HK #2 clone, the regenerated one, to flower, will it grow big enough to get a reasonable yield ?  and another question on my mind: If i were to get my indoor vegging plants, outside, will they turn to flower due to the smaller hours of light, or will they grow normally?

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 18 June 2011 at 21:32
which would you say was the best of the last lot, sticky?

and what does that hindu kush tatse like?

Date Posted: 18 June 2011 at 22:01
by taste and strong stone, it was the skunk no1. After that, HK #2. It has a really earthy taste, with a little bit of spicy mustard :) The high is ok, but not the best i've had. At first it's pretty energetic, but it soon stops and makes me stoned. Probably that's due to too many joints and increasing the percentage in each %3cig%3c

The HK that had the most rotted parts still smells a little nasty. Not like the rot, but a disturbing strong odor. It's pretty strong too but it's gonna be the last i'll devour.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 19 June 2011 at 16:18
stinkysticky is it just me or has afew of you plants got mites maybe ?? some plants seem like they are getting eaten to me !

Date Posted: 19 June 2011 at 21:37
re your clones ss, do you just plant them in soil or in some other medium to begin with? I read somewhere that it was good to start cuttings in the medium that they are to grow in? Anyway, looks like the way you do it is quite successful. 

All others look to be filling out nicely and I hope UK1 is mistaken about the mites.

Date Posted: 19 June 2011 at 22:09
im not saying it is mites but the leaves look abit dotted to me??? it might just be the way the picture was taken??

Date Posted: 19 June 2011 at 22:26
Specks of dust show up under fluorescent light which is likely what it is, besides I was only being polite, all I really want is his cloning technique.

Date Posted: 19 June 2011 at 22:33

lol have you had a bad day hd %3cmoking

Date Posted: 20 June 2011 at 00:35
yeah, UK, you see the tiny spots, right, mites attacked the plants but not too bad. they'll recover during flowering...i hope

yeah, HD, i planted the clones directly in soil, in very small pots

%3cig%3c %3cig%20smile
%3cig%20smile

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 20 June 2011 at 04:55
Re your last set of pics SS - your tomato seedlings are due for a feed.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2011 at 14:55
Hey, Sarah! Do tomatoes need to be fed often? I wanna separate them and put each in a private pot, or at least some. (i hope i won't harm their roots too much). Depends on how much space i have for everything. Is it ok if i veg them under cfl's till they're about 10-15 cm's tall and move them on the balcony in bigger pots, after that?

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 20 June 2011 at 16:40
stinkysticky what are you using for the mites ? a couple of plants look badly infested to be honest

Date Posted: 20 June 2011 at 21:11
Having looked at the pics again, I agree with The UKOne, the pics labelled Hindu Kush1 do appear to have a good case of mites.

With the tomato seedlings... they are beginning to yellow... I'd go with a light veg feed in the container they are in and pot on once they have greened up a bit. They will want to be potted up in a week or so. They can handle root tangling better than cannabis, but you don't want them to tightly bound to each other.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 June 2011 at 22:46

there seems to be afew plants that i can see with mite damage, ladybirds are the best if you can find them, and once theyve eaten all your mites put them in a tub and freeze them for the next time %3chumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 20 June 2011 at 23:00
Originally posted by TheUkOne

there seems to be afew plants that i can see with mite damage, ladybirds are the best if you can find them, and once theyve eaten all your mites put them in a tub and freeze them for the next time %3c3chumbs%3c20Up

im sitting here stoned reading this, you can freeze ladybirds, and they come back to life?

Date Posted: 21 June 2011 at 02:16
ladybugs? awesome. i saw one today, on the road, while walking my dog. i'll get it next time :).
I can't believe it either. Making them hibernate by putting in the fridge...weird

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 21 June 2011 at 03:04
Ladybirds are great for eating aphids and greenfly but wouldn't be the first choice for spidermite control indoors if only for the fact that they will fly straight into the hot lamp frying themselves.

There are other predatory bugs you can buy that are sent out alive in the post, people have good results with them but you need the right conditions for the bugs to live its not as simple as just throwing them in.

I have had great results with spidermite control using spraysafe from canadian express its around 12 quid a litre pre mixed.I couldnt recommend it enough,kills everything with a couple of applications.

Plants look great stinky%3chumbs%20Up ive a pack of HK in the fridge%3cig%20smile

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 21 June 2011 at 19:59

the preditors you can buy are totally crap imho, i tried the 1s that come in the sawdust tub think theres 500 or so that are meant to kill mites then eat each other till theres nothing left!! waste of time! and all it did was make the leafs and plants look like id being doing joinery in the room allday

i actually have a bottle of spray safe just incase, never had to use it YET lol but im sure i will in time. lady birds are a winner and you can get them from good garden centres in season %3chumbs%20Up 

Date Posted: 21 June 2011 at 23:59
Thanks, alecky. I once got a plant quarter way into flowering, from outside. That one had a lot of insects that made some sort of web. I forgot how they're called. They were supposed to keep the plant very safe, but i didn't need them that time and they were webbing...

Today, i went hunting. Twas a poor day for catching ladybugs, but with enough patience, 3 of them were caught and about 3, lost %3cig%3c ....so now they shall live happily ever after in the veg. room, keeping it safe.

2 orange ones:

and the nice, fat, red one:

%3coving%20it
I'd love it if they like it in their new home. I put one on each starsky and one on the big hk clone. The'ye just gone to sleep :)

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 22 June 2011 at 00:38
Awwww, I wish I had mites so I could have ladybugs.

Date Posted: 22 June 2011 at 16:04
I took a look at them. The orange ones are liking it and the red one is just moving around. I'll look for some more. I can already smell mite fear in the air %3cvil%20Smil%3c

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 22 June 2011 at 16:40
Originally posted by Hash Driveway

Awwww, I wish I had mites so I could have ladybugs.

Bite your tongue!

BTW - careful the yellow and red ones don't go to war. Ladybirds of different species do eat each other...

(come to think of it, I'm not sure how being careful would prevent this)

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!

Date Posted: 22 June 2011 at 17:35
ganja am i right in saying its only the red ones that should be used ?? i didnt actually know the different species or colours would fight, thats my something new learned today lol, but seriously its been a long time since ive had a discusion about this, but, i remember getting told years ago not to use others but reds? and i was given reasons or reason but i havent got a clue what it or they are %3celirious

Date Posted: 22 June 2011 at 19:17
yeash they'll fight, i was reading something the other day about our natural ones are getting eaten buy foriners.

Date Posted: 22 June 2011 at 20:19
i didn't see them fighting, yet. but if you say they will, i'll separate them. i'll put the red ones in the flowering tent. There are more orange ones out there. I thought they might change their color in time %3cig%3c

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 22 June 2011 at 20:24
sorry i just re read what i put and i sounded so sure, when yesturday i didn't even know to put them on.

i was just reading something about our natural ones getting wiped out.

i'd just get out my felttips and make em the same coluor

Date Posted: 22 June 2011 at 20:35
i just separated them. the ones i got yesterday are a lot cooler. they hang around from plant to plant. i hope they're doing their job.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 23 June 2011 at 00:30

lol mellowchris painting them is one way of sorting it

also yes they are saying our mite eating mates are getting wiped out by foreign ladybirds or something lol, its crazy how even lady birds have gang fights

Date Posted: 23 June 2011 at 03:54
I'm not paying them to fight all day. :)
I found a coward that got out of the veg room, on my roof. Doesn't he realize there are no mites there ?!%3cmoke%20eye

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 25 June 2011 at 22:48
How are the ladybugs doin? is there more pics? is there? is there?

ps I suppose I should ask how the plants are an all

Date Posted: 26 June 2011 at 20:10
%3cmoking  the ladybugs are dying slowly. I guess they would be good in a greenhouse, but in my case, they're mass suiciderers :)

I've been pretty busy these days, but the pics are from Friday, the first week of flowering for the HK seedlings and about the fifth veg. week for the starsky's. I don't see them growing like the previous one. I think time might have something to do with it...

Feast your eyes, HD %3congue  The vegging ones:

Starsky #1:

mmm, can't see any pics

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 26 June 2011 at 20:39
aaa, there they are. so,

Starsky #1:

Starsky #2:

HK #2 clone:

HK #3 clone:

and the HK's, 1 week on 12/12:

HK #1:

HK #2:

I think i'll put the starsky's in flower, too. They need bigger pots which won't fit in the veg. closet. I feel so bad that i didn't clone the best starsky, from last year i think.

The plan is to move all of them in flowering, soon. I wanna take starsky clones, 2 or 3 of them, even if they don't look worthy. Also, i'll add 2 more seeds (a combination between nl, big bud and early girl, or something like that).

Come on baby light my fire %3cig%3c

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 26 June 2011 at 22:20
I get confused by all your concurrent different stages ss but it looks good. A nice simple system that provides perpetual weed. Surely that's what it's all about.

Date Posted: 26 June 2011 at 23:12
it sure is, but i don't know how it will work. too many plants will increase humidity in the tent. I finally found a meaning for money :))

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 27 June 2011 at 10:54
starsky#1 is looking infested to me mate, id take the dead leafs of and maybe the one on the right that is very very badly infected, the others arent looking too bad at all

have you tried the spray safe like alecky suggested ?

Date Posted: 27 June 2011 at 13:35
Look at the leaves, UK. The new ones and some from the bottom are not affected by the mites. I think the ladybugs put the fear in the bugs (a lot less remaining) so why get a spray? The problem is they have filled the soil with roots and since i didn't give them anything it's either feeding or repotting and putting in flower (last one shall probably take place, today).

About taking off leaves, i used to do it till about 2 or 3 years ago, but i don't anymore cause plants can still get something from them until they're fallen or very easy to take off.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 01 July 2011 at 14:11
Coming up, next, this week's update. First off, after 11 days of flowering, the HK's have shown their sex. One of the two (started from seeds) is a male.

Male HK#2, pics from 28.06:

HK#1:

On this day or the next, i also put the 2 starsky girls and the clone of previous grown HK#2, at flowering, after repotting. They've been in veg quite a lot (5 weeks and about 4 days). I had to move them to flower cause their pots were all full of roots. Larger ones don't fit in the veg. closet. The roots were healthy white so, i blame the insects for their slow growth. Maybe DNA damage in time, too...

Starsky #1:

Starsky #2:

Clone of HK#2 from the first 2011 round:

Yesterday i've taken 3 clones from the starsky's. 1 from Starsky #1 and 2 from #2. I also put 2 more seeds to root. One HK and one that i got about 3 years ago from a N.L. girl which possibly combined its genes with a Big Bud male. It's an old seed, but who knows. Last time i grew from these seeds i got some pretty nice buds.

The clones taken yesterday:

and finally, the veg. room filled with yellow tomatoes, HK#3 clone and some seedlings which i brought back from a room where i tried to let them grow but no use in bothering with them... :

Repotting these tomatoes was pretty hard. I tried to rip as little from the roots as i can, but i still felt the snaps.
                                                                    %3ceed%20leaf

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 02 July 2011 at 06:16
Hi stinky great pics,you got your own personal little forest there!%3chumbs%20Up

I agree with UKone about treating the mites with an insecticide of some description,dont under estimate the borg!! They will take over your growing space and if left untreated will infect any non cannabis plants in your house also.

The ladybirds you put in wont have done any good really,if you remove a leaf with the white spots and examine it, you will notice hundreds of eggs all lined up waiting to hatch and  cover your lovely buds with webs,and eventually getting the better of your plants.It would be best to treat the problem now before the plants are in full flower as its good practice not to spray anything on the buds past say, the half way point of flowering.

I noticed mites in my grow room nearly a full yr ago and i still haven't managed to get rid of them completely.Try the Spraysafe or any neem oil based spray,or make your own using cold pressed neem oil,avail in healthfood shops,chemists.Burn any affected leaves that you may take off.

What ever you decide to do good luck with it!%3cmile

-------------

Date Posted: 02 July 2011 at 20:24
Originally posted by alecky

Hi stinky great pics,you got your own personal little forest there!%3c3chumbs%3c20Up

I agree with UKone about treating the mites with an insecticide of some description,dont under estimate the borg!! They will take over your growing space and if left untreated will infect any non cannabis plants in your house also.

The ladybirds you put in wont have done any good really,if you remove a leaf with the white spots and examine it, you will notice hundreds of eggs all lined up waiting to hatch and  cover your lovely buds with webs,and eventually getting the better of your plants.It would be best to treat the problem now before the plants are in full flower as its good practice not to spray anything on the buds past say, the half way point of flowering.

I noticed mites in my grow room nearly a full yr ago and i still haven't managed to get rid of them completely.Try the Spraysafe or any neem oil based spray,or make your own using cold pressed neem oil,avail in healthfood shops,chemists.Burn any affected leaves that you may take off.

What ever you decide to do good luck with it!%3c3cmile

i agree 100%

Date Posted: 02 July 2011 at 23:36
I still believe in you stinkysticky, even with the bugs.

Date Posted: 03 July 2011 at 11:29
Originally posted by Hash Driveway

I still believe in you stinkysticky, even with the bugs.

hd mate the mites are bad, if they arent either all killed when found early (when possible) or at least kept at bay, once noticed (most possible) they will take over a whole grow room in weeks, and once in flower the only options you have are to leave the plants to try finish, which in a bad situation the mites would win, or to spray the buds, which will ruin the final outcome of the buds....

id give the plants a good spray, and make sure to get underneath the leafs aswell, clean the tops of the soil and add fresh soil, spray and hover the room, then give a final spray afew days before flower to slow them down, which should give an extra few weeks of protection for flower

Date Posted: 04 July 2011 at 19:20
Hey guys, thanks for the advice. As soon as i have some money i'll buy something against the bugs. The thing is, i don't think they're spidermites. These turn into tiny flies. (or is that normal? %3cuch )
Yesterday i pulled out some of the very infected leaves at the bottom of the plants.
Also, i noticed a lot less bug attack in the flowering room.

Thanks for your confidence, HD %3cmile. It shall help me prevail %3congue. Other times i grew and these insects appeared, things finally turned out right. Even last time, one of the HK's was pretty full of these bugs, on the lower fan leafs, but in the end it got to be the best one. The last bud i have is her's and it's greaaat %3cig%3c

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 05 July 2011 at 01:20
im sure you will get some nice buds, dont give in %3cmoking

Date Posted: 05 July 2011 at 03:53
i'll fight to my last breath!!! %3co%20high 

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 07 July 2011 at 19:40
how you getting on with the plants stinkysticky ?

Date Posted: 11 July 2011 at 01:32
Hey, UK!
I was away these days so i couldn't post any pics, but i'm back now. While i was away i asked someone to water my girlies. They might have been a little overwatered cause the leaves are drooping but not worrying much. The biggest problem is the light. Too little (thus tooo much stretch) and too close, when i got home. Lights are beginning to show their downsides in this big tent. I'll put some more cfls, probably tomorrow.

:

The oldest HK seedling, in flower:

HK #1 (from previous grow), clone:

Starsky #1 (i don't know if it's noticeable but she has the white pistils formed):

She got too close to the light. Fortunately there's no burn, just this:

Starsky #2 (first growth i've noticed after i got back. Not very happy about it. I hate these stretches that leave the internodal space too big. But who knows what's gonna be):

Veg. place:

HK#3 (previous grow), clone:

Starsky clones:

and 5 day old, N.B.:

The HK seed that i put at the same time as N.B. didn't reveal anything %3crmm

Today i tried making some joints from what i've got left. There's no more HK's, no more weed...
I made a joint out of some weed left in the grinder with some hash stuck to it and one with the plants i grew straight at 12h.

Here's the grinder and an unfinished joint:

Now, i'm smoking the joint made out of the 12h, from start to finish, plants.

No true mj smell and taste but it either kicked me in the nuts, unexpected, or i'm just really, really sleepy %3cig%3c

Here's 2 of the few joints remaining:

The one on the right is being lit as i write :)

And finally, one last pic. This is about how much weed i smoked, from the last grow:

without the nonrolls...The coconut i made to inhale huge amounts of smoke is one of the ways i smoke when i'm wasted :) i forgot to put a pic on that contest ?

I think i'm gonna light up the hash and weed joint %3cmoking

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 11 July 2011 at 01:54
Oh, yeah, one more thing. Here's a leaf with those disturbing insects. If anybody knows exactly what they are, please tell me. There's no web and they turn into small flies.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 11 July 2011 at 22:50
coming on nice stinkysticky

Date Posted: 13 July 2011 at 02:21
thanks, UK. they seem to escape the pest realm when put into flower. at least 87%

so, does anyone recognize the pests?

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 13 July 2011 at 21:42
lol, you crazy sticky.%3co%20high

little one are looking good, you ever thought about stoping and giving the room a very good clean with some heavy duty shit, to get rid of the baskets for good?

Date Posted: 14 July 2011 at 02:56
That's a very good idea. i had that revelation yesterday but other things started happening :)

2 days ago i made some changes in every department but i didn't clean properly. Instead, i moved the late HK clone into a little bigger pot and put it in the flowering tent. Also, i repotted some N.B.'s which were meant to go outside but got stuck with me and i put another N.B., 2 HK seeds and one that i found in one of the HK's from last time, to germinate. I put 3 more warm white cfls in the tent, too. Oh, i also moved the tomatoes on the balcony. I hope they'll do fine although a lot of insects are out there.

Tomorrow i'll hopefully redesign the veg.chamber. backacheing job.

Sorry if i'm not clear enough. The hash scratched from the grinder made me very %3cig%3c I hope no plastic got in there. Good night everybody!

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 18 July 2011 at 19:34
About 3 or 4 days ago, i cleaned the veg. room and remade it ( other A4 papers to reflect the light and i added 1 more cold white cfl in the middle). I cleaned it with sanitary alcohol. It must have destroyed anything inside. The N.B. was a little affected by the tiny insects that turn into very small flies ( nobody can say for sure what they are? ) so i cleaned her also, very gently, with a moist thingy. I don't see any more on her, but 3 more flies were killed today, in the near area, by me.
While i was away, the other N.B. seed germinated and started forming it's first pair of leaves. Luckily, the tissue remained moist, so i planted her and things are looking bright. To not damage it's root too much, i cut the surrounding tissue and put it in the soil, also.

Again, the plants in the flower tent reached the light. This time, there was some burned stuff, but not too much...My main concern is the oldest HK in flower, from this batch, because some leaves started getting yellow. I watered it today with chem.food which contains about 5% N so, i hope she'll come through.

The heat is also driving both me and probably the girls, insane. Almost 35 degrees C in the veg. room %3cacko

Photo time.

there are now 2 fans, except the lame exhaust one. They seem to manage keeping the tent less humid, so maybe no budrot this time :)

Vegging plants:
N.B. #1, for about 13 days:

N.B. #2, which i planted with the little tissue, yesterday night:

HK #whatever...:

Starsky clones, in which i don't have faith anymore %3cnhappy I'll switch the light to 21h or more, maybe it'll help. Or i'll clone in the flowering room and put back to veg after a while. I don't wanna lose Starsky forever.  :

Flowering girls:
HK#2, clone:

HK #3, clone:

Starsky #1:

Starsky #2. This one looks pretty freaky :

and, finally, HK#1:

and one of her affected leaves:

%3ceed%20leaf

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 18 July 2011 at 23:06
nice jungle stinkysticky

im sure you will conquer the insects soon

also about clones, i thought they had to be on 24hr light ?

Date Posted: 19 July 2011 at 06:46
The picture of the leaf doesn't tally with anything I can think of but...
tiny insects that turn into very small flies ( nobody can say for sure what they are? )

... that description usually goes with scarid fly (fungus gnats).

Check around the soil in the top of the pots, you might be able to see the little buggers moving about. There are many ways of dealing with them, I prefer yellow sticky traps to catch the adult flies and drier soil so the lava don't have a good environment to breed.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 July 2011 at 20:07
thanks for giving me a start, sarah. i googled for fungus gnats and it's not them, but on the same site, i found the true culprits. It's the thrips.
Here are a couple of pictures with them and their effects on leaves:

they lay their eggs inside the leaf, grow wings on the soil, after which they lay some more eggs. so, i'll get scrwd if i don't stop them.

i'll buy sticky traps as you said, as soon as i can, and something more lethal for the larvae.
One thing is good, the girls are not that far into flower so they would get unhealthy for me.

Today i tested a little from the oldest HK in flower. I'm still %3cig%3c

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 19 July 2011 at 20:10
Thank uUK. It's best to do it on 24h of light, yes, but i don't like light while i'm sleeping :)

I'm gonna sacrifice myself to save the gene %3ceed%20leaf

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 19 July 2011 at 21:20
Hope you get it sorted stinkysticky and DEATH! to the thrips. 

Date Posted: 19 July 2011 at 23:04
Originally posted by stinkysticky

Thank uUK. It's best to do it on 24h of light, yes, but i don't like light while i'm sleeping :)

I'm gonna sacrifice myself to save the gene %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

ive got to admit stinkysticky you are one determined guy, keep it up and you will do very well

Date Posted: 20 July 2011 at 10:22
Thrips and fungus gnats are often mistaken for each other.

Pyrethrum is a good, effective poison for both.

Thrips are not desirable, obviously, but they're also not a disaster in the same way as spider mites. They're much more susceptible to simple, low-toxic poisons like pyrethrum and they really have to infest plant to cause significant damage.

A serious spider mite infestation is, for some growers, a reason to get rid of the crop and start again. With thrips, a grower can eradicate them or reduce them to negligible numbers without too much hassle.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 July 2011 at 12:40
Pyrethrums are great looking flowers. i'm gonna search for them or even grow them to try it out. May the bugs beware!!!

Last grow, one of the best hk's had thrips (didn't know what they were, then), but they didn't do as much damage as now. Maybe now i lowered the humidity too much, making them feel better.

It's a funny thing. Once you get too conscious about certain problems, they seem to appear more intense than ever...or is it just because of the circumstances? %3cmile

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 22 July 2011 at 12:45
Good to know you have a solid ID for the bugs... just have to get rid of them now. 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 July 2011 at 13:02
After reading about their behavior, life cycle and seeing the pics, i got sure it's them. I hope i'll have the opportunity to buy some sticky bug traps, soon, too. Hopefully, by breaking one of the thrips grow stage, they will all dissapear.
What caused this is my main concern, so it won't happen again. Since this problem started from last time's grow, i blame the soil (used the same then and now). It probably wasn't sterilized %3cnhappy
I was recently told about how to sterilize the soil, but it takes really long. Useful in outdoor growing.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 29 July 2011 at 15:49
Yesterday i opened a bucket with worm soil mixed with the soil which i blamed and guess what. There was a little mold on the soil and a lot of thrips and other deadly looking insects. I left the bucket a little open, not too much. The humidity inside must have caused this, but also the soil. I've done the same thing before and there were no bugs.

Anyway, i also bought an insecticide which says it's pretty natural and another type of soil that looks very healthy and mixed with a little phosphate and other stuff. One of the Starsky clones was moved in it.

I sprayed the thrip harmer all over the infected plants in veg and a little on the flowering ones (mostly on the leaves).

Pics:
Veg. chamber:

N.B.#1 in 24 days of veg.:

N.B #2:

HK:

Starsky #1 clone:

Starsky #2 clone:

The other starsky clone didn't survive.

Flowering tent:

Starsky #1:

Starsky #2:

HK#2 clone, like her mom, lots of branches:

HK #3 clone, very slow flowering:

and HK#1, the old:

%3ceed%20leaf
got a few seeds from starsky's maker. can't wait to see what they turn into.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 29 July 2011 at 23:16
That's what I like to see, someone preparing for the long winter's nights ahead. May you encounter a huge yield.

I like all the lights hanging down, it's like fairground stall. I'm pretty baked but I'm sure I can smell candy floss.

Anyway, best be off, I'll have to get this goldfish in a bowl as soon as possible. %3co%20high

Date Posted: 03 August 2011 at 15:36
the smelly part is on, mostly for the starsky's. it's a VIP fairground %3cmile

i hope you didn't forget the ( imaginary :) ) goldfish out of the bowl. %3chocked

update: a lot less thrips after spraying around
              i moved the oldest northern bud into a slightly larger pot and topped it - still in veg.
              the smaller, bottom branches from the Starsky's have been cut, to help them concentrate on the real deal.
              1 more starsky #2 clone, taken from one of the cuttings which layed on my table for a few hours, i think. Till i felt bad for the poor, small branches, or was it till i puffed a little of the HK#1...

-------------
Bob Marley

Posted By: Dougalis
Date Posted: 03 August 2011 at 16:59
looking good dude, did you get rids of the bugs in the end? 

-------------
Dougal and headies 1st grow ! http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8380&PID=68955#68955

Date Posted: 04 August 2011 at 02:51
thanks, mostly i did. so it's actually stalling them. in the veg. closet only the oldest northern bud seems to be just a little affected. the others don't have any leaf damage yet. i won't be spraying in the flower tent anymore. that was a one time thing because they're filled with flowers.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 04 August 2011 at 02:55
The girls look to be enjoying their time at the fairground %3cig%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 04 August 2011 at 03:45
when you say the northern bud? do you mean northern lights, i didnt see you mention you where growing that

-------------
Dougal and headies 1st grow ! http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8380&PID=68955#68955

Date Posted: 04 August 2011 at 16:23
I certainly hope so, Sarah. They will eventually pay with their soul %3cig%3c

About 2 years ago i grew at the same time, northern lights, big bud, early girl (not sure) and 2 or 3 seeds resulted from a balcony grow about 5 years ago. At the end, the N.L. girls were filled with seeds.
I think the father was BigBud due to the seeds size. Then again, i'm not that sure because i think the seeds are feminized so there may be another possibility. All the big buds were male so maybe other girls were hermy. Let me see...maybe i'll post some N.B.'s pics also.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 04 August 2011 at 17:26
hmm, still a puzzle.
here's 2 northern buds (more than combining the original names. it has another meaning also) which showed themselves in 26.09.09.

First one:

and another one:

I hope to see more fattening this time, because of the HPS light.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 05 August 2011 at 11:04
looks lush man :) Cant wait to start smoking :P So this is bascially your OWN strain? sooo jelous your toally cool man :D%3cot%20smoki%3cg  How is the smoke on the NB ?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 August 2011 at 12:48
very nice buds as usually stinkysticky %3chumbs%20Up

Print Page | Close Window