Forum Discription: Questions and answers about indoor cultivation
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8289
Printed Date: 07 December 2019 at 21:21

Topic: too small
Posted By: pixie85
Subject: too small
Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 14:48
Hi everyone

Just started my first grow and moved my plants to my tent.. they are not growing fast at all.. They look good but just not growing fast.. they are in the tent two weeks and only about 2.5 inches high!! Temp around 28 humidity 55%.. ph to high at 7 but gona give them ph down today.. would this be the prob or any other ideas..

Your help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: munzy
Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 15:19
pot size ??? growing media???

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 15:38
10 inch pots and growing in tent with ballast 600w light.. givin them bio bizz grow but only half the amount stated on bottle as they are only three weeks old.. 

Posted By: mellow
Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 22:29

heres some of mine at 2 weeks in.

10" pots i think there a bit big for seedlings, i potted mine up to fast though.

normaly you'd start them in little pots and buil up, it allows the root to fill out and the plants grow bigger, i think?

anyway, thought id post that so you can tell where your up to, as this is my first grow too.

Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 22:42
the big one in pic is 3.5 weeks old and the small ones are 8 days old... Germinated them in water for a night then transplanted them to 3 inch pots under a floresent light in hotpress and when they shook the shell left them a day and put them into the bigger pots... 

Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 22:49
yours look more sturdy also.. my plant stem is weak and the plants are leaning over...

Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 22:52
sorry thought you said 2 weeks, hewres one after 4 weeks, so yeah they look a little small.

sorry but not sure what your prob is. could well be the ph, but the leaves dont look to have lock out?
have you got a fan blowing on them? how far away is your light? are you growing them in the right kind of soil?

Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 22:55
tested ph its 6.5-7.. Fan blowing all the time and light 20 inches away from them.. soil is good have perlite and all in it.. wondering am i not feeding them enough.. ?? Also have vaporiser in there.. heat and humidity just right most of the time.... BAFFELED AHHHHHH Urs look Great!!!! 

Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 23:00
lol,

wierd? don't know what to say then, hopefully someone with more experiance can help with the problem.

but it sounds to me like you've got all the bases covered, and i could be wrong but they dont look under fed.

Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 23:08
Thanks !!!!!!! :) Gud luck with ur first grow

Posted By: irishhigh
Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 23:21
i would have put more soil in the pots and i would try turn the van away abit so it is not directly pointing at the plants..and raise the pots off the floor a few inches..and sort the ph..

are u sure u are not giving them 2 much food the roots might be drowning causein slow growth..

i am no expert but worht a try..

-------------
never have a straight head

Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 23:35
Someone said to raise pots off the ground.. Can u tell me wat this does?? Only giving them 1/2 the amount of food than wats stated so I don't think so.. Will move fan and too late for soil but will no for next time...

Cheers!!!

Posted By: munzy
Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 23:38
could be down to poor genetics? what seeds are they?

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 23:45
got them on cannibasseeds.ie.. they are dutch passion oasis... They germinated really well if that makes a difference but 2 didnt so maybe they are shit.. !!!! 

Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 23:50
i think its because the floor will always be colder and for better air circulation.. is there holes in the bottom of your pots?? try have the van so the plants are still slighty moving but not pointed directly on them..

how much water do u feed each plant? do u feed them every day?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 23:52
Originally posted by irishhigh

i think its because the floor will always be colder and for better air circulation.. is there holes in the bottom of your pots?? try have the van so the plants are still slighty moving but not pointed directly on them..

how much water do u feed each plant? do u feed them every day?

them seeds should be fine.. i am supprised not all of them germanited

-------------

Date Posted: 05 April 2011 at 23:59
I water them every second day and feed them every 4 days.. Feeding them bio buzz grow and that's all... Yeah holes in pots.. Will take better pics tomorrow.. They seem to look good otherwise..just they don't seem to be growing as fast as they should and the stems seem pretty weak!!

Cheers

Date Posted: 06 April 2011 at 00:07
get them moving wit out the fan on them that should strenghten them i would think..even hang the fan out of the bar at the top of the tent

-------------

Date Posted: 06 April 2011 at 00:10
Will give it a try!!! Thanks a mil

Posted By: marty12345
Date Posted: 07 April 2011 at 00:19
Sounds to me like your lights are to far away from your plants
i keep my lights 3-4 inches, try this and good luck man....

Date Posted: 07 April 2011 at 00:26
Originally posted by marty12345

hey marty, hes using a 600w hps mate.

Posted By: TheDeparted
Date Posted: 07 April 2011 at 00:32
im not sure but arent flouresent lights supposed to get close to the plants like cfl?
when i had seedlings under a 600w hps the light was 25" away and got it down to 20" after a week.
so what im saying m8 maybe get the light closer as i think 20" away from a flouresent will waste alot of light.
again m8 im no expert im on my 1st grow myself but it might help.
goodluck with ur grow man%3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 07 April 2011 at 00:36
Originally posted by mellowchris

Originally posted by marty12345

hey marty, hes using a 600w hps mate.

coulda swear he said he was using a flouresent light m8? hahaha stoned%3coint
%3cig%3c

-------------

Date Posted: 07 April 2011 at 00:48
lol, yeah his second post says he got a 600hps.

was thinking about that cause you said they grew quicker when you did em under yours.

do you think that 2/3 weeks under the blue lights then hps for rest of veg, would be better than just the blue or just the hps?

Date Posted: 07 April 2011 at 00:55
not sure m8 as i havent tried that yet but i can say that the rate of growth under the hps was easy twice as good.
from i put them uner the cfl to finnish veg the growth has slowed  but not sure if thats more to do with me under feeding them.
if i had the option i would start under the cfl then finnish veg under a hps before switch.
ive done this with my fist batch and they look good but its down to ur set up i suppose and what suits u best.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 April 2011 at 00:59
gonna pick up a cfl tomorrow. already got the shade from last time.

cant afford a hps cause if i could id just get a tent light and fans for 210. gonna veg em under the cfl then get saving for the rest.

Date Posted: 07 April 2011 at 01:20
cool well goodluck this time m8 and i hope ur going han solo?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 April 2011 at 01:24
i think so, i want to, but i know if i ask him he'll front the cash for another set up. no defo solo.

Print Page | Close Window