Forum Discription: Questions and answers about indoor cultivation
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8189
Printed Date: 15 October 2019 at 01:42

Topic: Am i ready to harvest
Posted By: marty12345
Subject: Am i ready to harvest
Date Posted: 19 March 2011 at 20:03
Hi guy & gals,
I have a white widow & a northern light that are in flower 6 weeks yesterday ive noticed some of the hairs on the buds on both plants are turning brown im just wondering do i need to do anything at this stage they are hardly ready to harvest yet are they ??????????
I am also very very keen to try some of my bud out these plants have had a strange life ( long story 1st grow) will i get any idea of what my bud will be like if i dry out a bud and skkoke it????????????
cheers guys.....

Replies:
Posted By: stinkysticky
Date Posted: 19 March 2011 at 20:37
Hey marty, you could get an idea by quick drying some buds,now, but i advise you to wait at least a couple more weeks, or until there are between 70and80% brown hairs. More if u wanna get really stoned.

If u are patient enough, they will get fatter and more potent. If u wanna quick dry maybe u won't stop at one single bud, thus stressing the plant and yielding less. I've been through that and i regret it. Patience is virtue %3cink

Peace!

-------------
"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself."
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 19 March 2011 at 20:40
Oh, and you'll have no true taste if u quick dry it.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 19 March 2011 at 22:48
Cheers for advice man,
Is that 70-80% of the lenath of the hairs or %age of hairs all over the bud.
I cant wait to try my bud iv been trying sence sep the 17th 2010 its my first crow
im just gonna have to try one bud man................ how should i dry it out ? 

Date Posted: 19 March 2011 at 23:07
70-80% brown colored hairs from all of them (the entire plant).

%3cmile Well, u have many options. 2 of them: you can hang it at a safe distance from the stove fire ( so it wouldn't burn your hand after keeping it half a min. above) or put it on the radiator. That's only if you're in a hurry. It ruins the taste and the thc but it will have some effect. If you're patient for about 3 or 4 days (maybe less), cut a small bud, keep it in a dark, well ventilated (not straight on it), non humid environment.

You've been growing the exact same plants from 17th sep. 2010?? That's a reallly long time. Post some pics if u can. I'm curious what giants u have.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 20 March 2011 at 12:43

These plants ive 5 of them were planted in a ready mixed soil on the advice of a friend, because it was my first grow i wanted to make it handy for myself (bad idea) it was a jhon innes no 3 soil and the soil was not suitable it was only when i got some pics up on here you guys put me stright i was slowly chocking the plants so i got my act together regarding soil mixs and replanted on dec 30th 2010 & to my suprize they took of greatly bar one. so i then left them in veg for another month & then put to flower there doing realy well i think.... ill post some pics later i also have 2 babys coming along a white skunk & a ak47 they are now 6 weeks old in veg and not looking to big ill throw some pic of them aswell

Posted By: G.A.
Date Posted: 20 March 2011 at 15:19
quick dry a true taste???sorry wrong. never get a true taste by a quick dry.
read your trichs not the hairs. lots of issues can cause them to turn but the true reading is the trichs as thats where the cannabinoids are, not on the hairs. amber knotting hairs can be a sign but the true way is trichs
growing since sept, must be huge by now with the long veg

Posted By: mellow
Date Posted: 20 March 2011 at 17:34
gald to hear you'll be croping soon marty.

as has been said if you take a nugget off now it wont be as strong or as nice tasting.

Posted By: Auto-Question-Bot
Date Posted: 20 March 2011 at 22:42
marty id get some pics on
to me another week or two depending

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2011 at 23:30
Thanks for advies fellow smokers
here are some pics
i had lots of probe with these girls luck there still alive 

Date Posted: 20 March 2011 at 23:43
these girls are 45 days on 12/12, 1 white widow 1 northern light
i have no hand lens yet so what is best way to tell when there ready
im giving 1 liter every 2nd day with a ph of 6.6
humidity mostly at 30% or less im not giving any nutriants cos i put a little fertilizer in my soil mix 

Date Posted: 20 March 2011 at 23:45
forgot to ask how dose my little white skunk look it 6 weeks old 

Date Posted: 21 March 2011 at 00:08
none of the plants are ready yet mate, and i wouldn't pick a bud off any of them.
1st pics is a good few weeks off, second looks more ripe, but i think she need a few more weeks as well.

Date Posted: 21 March 2011 at 00:33
White skunk? 6 weeks of veg.? It looks pretty small for that time and ruderalis-like. No side branches... It doesn't look like worth keeping. Is it a second or third generation seed plant, by any chance? I tried it out once and it grew straight up, no high either.

The one in the 5th pic looks best. If you're that anxious u can try it out, but i agree with mellowchris. It looks like it needs at least 3 more weeks of flowering.

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 21 March 2011 at 00:35
sorry when i said 1st and 2nd pic, i ment 1st and 2nd plant.

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 21 March 2011 at 02:45
Not ready yet Marty, but congratulations on getting them this far. Your white skunk looks a bit sad and stretched from being light starved. I'd top it (taking the first few nodes as a clone) and then get it into as much light as possible. Then it will have the chance to bush out, definitely wouldn't chuck it out.

Originally posted by G.A.

quick dry a true taste???sorry wrong. never get a true taste by a quick dry.

ermmm, he said...

Originally posted by stinkysticky

Oh, and you'll have no true taste if u quick dry it.

lol

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 21 March 2011 at 03:47
Originally posted by sarah louise

lol

%3cig%20smile I was thinking of adding that. Thanks %3cmile

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 21 March 2011 at 23:38
Thanks for advice lads, ill give them 3 more weeks & put up some more pics
stinkysticky, what is white skunk like ?
Sarah louise , can you explane a little how i should top this plant %3cmile

Date Posted: 21 March 2011 at 23:46
toppin
http://sensiseeds.com/search.asp?q=topping&search=Go - http://sensiseeds.com/search.asp?q=topping&search=Go

-------------

Date Posted: 21 March 2011 at 23:47
on link go to toppin cannabis by plant yeh

-------------

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 22 March 2011 at 02:57
This is how I would do it.

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 22 March 2011 at 03:12
Originally posted by marty12345

what is white skunk like ?

Well, Marty i don't know. I've had white widow and skunk no1 (both great strains) but not a combination between them. I'd be very curious about it %3coint

-------------
Bob Marley

Date Posted: 24 March 2011 at 00:42
cheers sarah louise,
im nervis and sad to cut my little girl
in alittle more detail what am i trying to do
cheers%3cig%3c

Date Posted: 29 March 2011 at 22:51
Hi everyone;
Here are some more pics im getting excited nearly harvest its my first so tips please
& ive a few questions aswell
The 2 mature plants are 55 days at 12/12 how do you think they look
they have lost some smell 2 weeks ago my room smellt like an amsterdam coffee shop
now they dont really smell strong.
i dont have any long hears on buds either,  temp at 33-40 in the day 25-30 at night
ph 6.6, i am having probs with humidity tho.
its been damp here for a week now & humidity out side is 83% most days
ive put a cap on airflow in with air been sucked out, it drops at night but i cant keep it down in the room any tips.
The small plant is my ak47 she is 7 and a half weeks old, like my white skunk she is not
 very big should i top her ? i want to take clones too......... what you think............... 

Posted By: TheDeparted
Date Posted: 30 March 2011 at 00:50
marty they still dont look ready for me still a few weeks i think!?
ur temps are way to high m8 u need to sort some extraction and ventilation 25 to 30c is good for lights on although best to stay a few degree,s under 30 for best temp.
having ur temps between 33 & 40 is probably why ur plants look so thin and how bad is ur humidity m8?
seriously m8 i think them plants at 55 days should have a hell of a lot more weight on them at this stage!
get them temps sorted m8 as ur not getting anything near what u should out of them plants!
were are u growing?tent?closet?
if from eire myself m8 and i no we have a had a few hot days but no cause for your temps!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 March 2011 at 01:02
Hey Marty,

still got a little bit to go yet mate, temps are on the high side.

what light are you using for the small plants? look very skinny. are they just by the window?

if you start em off in the right way its easier to keep en healthy as they grow up.

the pic of the big plant, is that roots showing through the soil? if so think they'll be best covered with soil.

Date Posted: 02 April 2011 at 19:03
Thanks lads for replys
My grow room is 3 feet x 5 feet & 7 feet tall with 2 plaster walls and 2 plastic walls,
my baby plants are under 4 foot florasents 1 warm 1 cool bulb each
I have sorted out my temps but now i am having some real probs with humidity
the humidity out side has been at a steddy 83% all week hear & when i close & seal up my grow room the humidity rises to 70% my light gives of 35c temp naturaly im not pulling air in at the moment due to humidity outside but i am still pulling air out & have fan blowing.
I went out to argos a few days ago & bought a small dehumiditifer but im still only getting it down to 50-52% is there anything i can do if i loose my crop now ill be sick as im so close now.
Will the few days of high humidity harm my crop or can i get away with it if it happens from time to time%3cig%3c

Date Posted: 02 April 2011 at 19:23
think 70 is on the high side but its not too bad.

50-52% is fine you shouldn't need to go lower than that.

Date Posted: 02 April 2011 at 19:26
are the veggin lights adjustable? if so you want them right over the plants.

i used a 200w blue cfl ( about 35 squid), the young plants can touch it with out them getting burnt, but i kept it about 4/5cm off the tops of the plants. i didnt get any strech and nice thick stems

Date Posted: 06 April 2011 at 00:41
Hi fellow smokers,
here are my 2 girls on day 61 of fowering
what you think?

Date Posted: 06 April 2011 at 00:44
The top 3 pics are a northern light & the bottom 3 are my whit widow%3ceed%20leaf

Date Posted: 21 April 2011 at 21:56

Here are my 2 plants at 11 weeks flowering.

Posted By: martiniGR
Date Posted: 21 April 2011 at 22:39
the yellow between the veins can be an indication of to much lime in the soil, with a high humidity give less water, the total of the buds look to much leafs and to less buds, could be caused by high humidity or wrong ph. the strain looks strong with much hairs on the leafs..

-------------
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL

Print Page | Close Window