Forum Discription: Everything about growing your favourite plant outdoors
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8124
Printed Date: 07 December 2019 at 21:21

Topic: month old with problems
Posted By: marty12345
Subject: month old with problems
Date Posted: 07 March 2011 at 23:45
Hi fellow smokers,
Have a look at my babys there one month old a white skunk & a ak47 there growing well but dont look so good
there in a soil mix of 60 % potting soil 20% perlite 20% sand no fertiliser or nutrients
watering every day or so giving them plenty when i water%3coving%20it 

Replies:
Posted By: TheDeparted
Date Posted: 07 March 2011 at 23:54
hi marty hows it goign m8!
 i think ur watering them to much m8 they dont need very much!
when i waterd mine from seedling i would give just a few tablespoons of water maybe 5 or 6.
gradually u increase that obviously but i think less is more in this case!
give more details also m8 so people can help better!
are they outdoor now?
if not how are you growing them? and how much water have u been giving them exactly?
what kind of environment have they been in?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 00:12
Hi jonnyshope cheers for reply man
I have them in a grow room under lights temp at 25c/30c 16 hours a day humidty 40/50%
pulling air in and out all the time
i was thinking it was my watering i was realy giving a lot about a 1/4 cup every day....

Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 00:23
no probs m8.
thats a lot of water every day from seedling.
mine are 30 odd days old and i give about 500ml every 3 days or so  depending on how dry my soil is when i put my finger in to the knuckle.
weed needs to be waterd then dryed between waterings so water a lot less and make sure u let ur soil dry out a bit before u water again!
what kind of lights u got them under m8?
temps humidity seem ok but y 16 hrs light a day not 18?
think its 16 hrs for clones although not sure to be fair as im on my first serious grow as well. lol
what size pots are they in m8?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 00:26
also m8 ur in the outdoor post here so u might get more awnsers posting in the indoor area!

-------------

Posted By: martiniGR
Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 00:27
hi marty i cant see your pics, you used a name with an & letter/sign for the picture.
doesnt mattter, your soil is very airy and doesnt keep much water in the soil. so overwatering, without seeing a picture, sounds not logic.. but if you use very small pots it could be true.overwatering means not enough air for the roots, leafs go hanging, but if you give not enough they hang too.Again, i didn't see the pictures caused by a file name with an & in it.

-------------
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL

Posted By: G.A.
Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 04:22
.....pH

Posted By: alecky
Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 05:38
Hi marty i agree with jonny,too much water and they should be on an 18/6 light schedule. thats 18 on 6 off.Also im not sure the addition of sand in the mix is benifical,im sure with all the watering the sand could be washed to the bottom of the pots and the roots have been sitting in wet sand.

Let the pots dry out a bit between waterings and 30c is a bit on the hot side,try get that down a bit too if you can.Are these staying indoors or are they going outside eventually?

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 15:02
to much watering is making the ph go off and is what this is. i also bet yourt not even using ph as i see no mention of it and is the most important info when diagnosing...one of the most important

Posted By: Leafless
Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 15:36
U can add a drainage layer of 2-3cm at the bottom of ur pots using hydroton.

Since u r preparing plants for an outdoorgrow u might wanna look these up;
DULUX EL REFL 20 W/840

[Quelle: Osram Products]
Cheap lights able to grow bushy plants to a decent size for an outdoor grow...
Gl

Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 15:48
how does one use a light outdoors?

Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 15:54
u'll need an extension cord ;°)

Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 15:55
was thinking the same there m8 lol!
bit of a give away if ur doing a guerilla grow with lights sort of defeats the purpose!
i think hes growing indoors but not sure if he,s putting them outside?
you wouldnt catch me growing outdoor with lights!
you might as well just walk up to the cop shop with a kilo in ur coat and a big blunt in ur mouth!%3coving%20it

-------------

Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 15:56
im sure it meant to be used before going out but wasnt sure as he said he was under lights already

Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 15:58
light is used to veg the plants until they r ready to put 'em outside...

Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 15:59
ok cool m8 explains alot then! lol

-------------

Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 23:27
Thanks for info fellowsmokers,
silly me didn't know i was in outdoor grow new to this fourm bissenss too,
im growing indoor under lights  (flouresants) temp 25/30c im giving rainwater at a ph of 6.6
& sorry silly me again im giving them 18 hours light a day ive pulled back on the water too.
this is my 2nd time around to grow i also have a white widow & northern light in flowering there doing well but i just cant keep the humidity down under 40% the h light gives a temp in the room of 30/35c ive stoped pulling in air because the air out side is cold & moist but i have a fan still pulling out. when there on there 12/12 night mode i have a heater on to give heat and the humidity drop to 30% should i just leave it on all the time but that drives temps up ??????????. i will be sick if i loose my crop now after all the care i gave%3cig%3c
thank again for all the advice i wish you all good growing.................  

Date Posted: 09 March 2011 at 02:33
you dont ever want low humidity, dont go below 45%. in veg 65 to 75 is good and in bloom be around 45 to 55% to low and the stomata...(poures in leaf) will be closed and not function correctly
temps should be 84 highs and low no lower than 70. having less day to night swing is best.

Date Posted: 10 March 2011 at 00:12
Hi g.a.
cheers for advice i thought humidity needed to be low in flowering because of moulding ive been on the net looking around a bit and they say when you see it its to late because it moulds from the inside- out and i dont want to loose my crop now only 4 weeks left i hope%3co%20high

Print Page | Close Window