Print Page | Close Window

Here goes-White widow DWC

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Indoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your indoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=77254
Printed Date: 06 December 2019 at 12:54

Topic: Here goes-White widow DWC
Posted By: 1966
Subject: Here goes-White widow DWC
Date Posted: 25 August 2013 at 16:46
Hello all i hope everyone is hunky dory.
Not been here posting for a while had a lot going on.
Just ordered some white label white widow feminised and cannot wait to get them cracked and growing.
Heard a lot of good things about this strain so i hope i can do her justice.
I will update once i have them up and running.
All have a good day

-------------
Live and let live

Replies:
Posted By: Hash Driveway
Date Posted: 25 August 2013 at 22:37
Hi kp, good luck with the new grow.

May your buds be large and resinous.

Date Posted: 15 October 2013 at 11:11
Hello HD i hope all is good with you.
For one reason and another only just getting round to these now and am having a bit of trouble straight off.
Cracked 2 with paper towel method and planted them into compost with the plan being to transplant into DWC later.
Both grew but one withered and died within a week and the other one just is not growing what so ever.
They are under 1 x 105w 6400k 1 x 105w 2700k bulbs as have all my previous grows which have all seemed to do fairly well.
Just dont know what is going on with the little critters,
Any ideas as to why she seems to be stuck in time would be much appreciated.
All have a good day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 16 October 2013 at 00:12
Hey '66, sorry to hear of your problems.

I had one that stopped growing in early infancy this year. I put it down to bad planting ie first attempt in went in upside down so I had to fish it out again and set it upright. How was your transfer, smooth? 

Delicate things are sprouted seeds
http://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/548104_10152151625070187_549292799_n.jpg - http://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/548104_10152151625070187_549292799_n.jpg

Or they could just be duff seeds. Get another couple cracked and let's get this show on the road.

Date Posted: 18 October 2013 at 11:34
Hello HD i hope you are well.
As you can see from this very poor quality photo after nearly 3 weeks she is still growing but painfully slowly.
Just now starting to see a tiny little improvement.
Was hoping to have her finished for xmas but that is looking very unlikely.Tempted to stick her under hps at a good distance to see if that would help her along but as there is a slight improvement i think i will leave her a week and see what happens.
Sorry about the photo but it was taken on my phone which has a poor camera.
Any suggestions as to what the problem could be and what to do about it would be more than welcome.
All have a nice weekend

-------------
Live and let live

Posted By: SuperDuper
Date Posted: 18 October 2013 at 15:33
Hi 1966 i have one question what kind of soil do you use coz look strange in picture end do not use HPS buy CFL 6500K to weg. end i think u have to big pot

Date Posted: 18 October 2013 at 15:59
Hello Super i hope everything is good on mars.
It is under a CFL and in a general multi purpose compost which i have grown in from just about day one without any problems.
She is in a 0.75 litre pot.
You have a nice weekend.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 18 October 2013 at 16:18
the pot is to big i use for start 0.2 end biobizz light mix soil end biobizz nut. the plant need to build roots first thats why shee dont grow so fast

Date Posted: 19 October 2013 at 19:26
Keep tending it of course kp, but I'd still get some more seeds on instead of waiting to see if it recovers.

It looks very much like the one I had. It struggled on, even producing tiny sets of leaves but for whatever reason it's tap root didn't happen and the thin net of roots that it did produce couldn't sustain anything other than a tiny, scrawny plant. New growth would be green but it had to feed on earlier leaves.

Why this happens I'm not sure but it's most likely the conditions in the growing medium.

ps A big hello and welcome back to my favourite ever martian %3congue

Date Posted: 20 October 2013 at 16:08
Hello HD I had a little break one year breeak :) but i started a new setup i will post it soon end i have outdor hervest now but only one plant Shiva skunk so i will update the picture ass well bestregards 1966 end HD

Date Posted: 11 November 2013 at 12:40
Well to say i am cheesed off is a under statement.All 3 seeds have been a complete disapointment.
2 cracked but did very little growth before withering away and the third did not crack.These are the first seeds i have had a problem with so just ordered 5 skunk 1 feminised so this diary s a non starter just like my seeds,BOO HOO BOO HOO, Gutted was really looking forward to growing this strain.
All have a good day

-------------
Live and let live

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 28 November 2013 at 11:12
Sorry to hear you had trouble with germination 1966. It sounds to me like "damping off"... a fungal infection that kills seedlings.

Fingers crossed for you that the skunk#1's have a better run of things.

Cheers, sara %3ceed%20leaf

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 28 November 2013 at 15:16
Thanks sarah louise.
I dont know what the problem is but im also having a little trouble cracking the skunk#1 i am beginning to think it might be something to do with the tissues i am cracking them in,the seeds seem to go white in colour and when they cracked the root was a light brown rather than white.
You have a good day

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 29 November 2013 at 01:07
Yep, that sounds like fungal problem.

I usually used disinfectant wipes instead of tissues... rinse them well and then use the usual way. Might help?

-------------

Posted By: Schwarzenegger
Date Posted: 29 November 2013 at 07:50
using towels and tissues for germninating leaves an unnecessary risk: why not plant in the medium straight away?
You have no ideal how fragile the roots of a freshly sprouted seeds are have you?

best to just get a low-nute soil, make a smal dent in the middle (2 cm deep) and place a soaked seed in it .
you can pre soak seed for 24 hours to speed up the germination slightly , ad soften the seedshell.
cover the seed with soil and tap on soil slightly to make sure the seed has to work a little to get out, and loose the shell in the process.
eventually you will end up with clean compact greatgroing seedlings.

having to get them out of the tissue or towel and plant em in soil wis really a good recipe for fuck ups, excuse the language.

I feel N00bs have to be told the correct and classic way , not some wacked out hippy way of doing things.
but thats just my feeling ey?
%3clown

-------------
"New shit has come to light, man" -the big Lebowski

Date Posted: 29 November 2013 at 10:28
I have just cracked the last 2 of the 5 seeds i had in a different tissue than the previous 3 and they have cracked in less than 24 hours so another lesson learned.
Thanks for the advice sarah.
This is the first of probably a dozen seeds i have cracked were i have had any issues and i certainly hope its the last.
Good morning Schwarzenegger,My father in law is a retired botanist who for the last 15 years or so has germinated seeds in all manner of ways but has completely given over using soil as he says he achieves nearly 100% germination compared to about 80% growing all manner of plants and vegetables.
All have a good weekend

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 29 November 2013 at 11:15
It's hardly a "wacked out hippy of doing things" Schwarzenegger.

Hippies plant their seeds in the dirt according to how much we can see of the moon's face... I know this because my mother was a hippy. I'm definitely not.

Tissues and plates is Sensi's recommended method for germinating cannabis seeds.

http://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/best-way-to-germinate-seeds/ - What is the best way to germinate cannabis seeds?

Different people make different choices about grow techniques and I personally welcome people sharing techniques that work for them, but it would be nice if it could be done without the insults.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2013 at 12:28
seeds dry out quickly if placed too hot

and the transplant is a delicate thing

if I am in a hurry , and have 300+ seeds to germinate , i mix the seeds with soil, moisten the whole, ut it in a ziplock bag, and place in a warm area

When compared to the tissue method, I see quicker more vigourous growth with seeds that have been germinated in soi.

Soil is IMHO the easiest way of growing , form germination to hash

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2013 at 12:29
besides , I dont know a single respectable grower using the tissue method.
and there;s quite a few here in the netherlands

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2013 at 12:40
300+ seeds is that all?

[QUOTE=Schwarzenegger] seeds dry out quickly if placed too hot and the transplant is a delicate thing if I am in a hurry , and have 300+ seeds to germinate , i mix the seeds with soil, moisten the whole, ut it in a ziplock bag, and place in a warm area When compared to the tissue method, I see quicker more vigourous growth with seeds that have been germinated in soi.Soil is IMHO the easiest way of growing , form germination to hash

You have a good weekend

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 29 November 2013 at 21:49
yeah , thats the biggest batch i ever tried to germinate.
It was a 30 year old batch of caramelflavoured sativa ,and i knew the germination rate would be very low...

only 7 sprouted.....

another smaller batch done with a home made druban cross had neer 100% germination rate , all with just a baggy of soil.

using tissues is a risk
why take it?

I'm just a passionate amateur
I learned that plantcount is sometimes invertedly related to the amount of experience one can gain.
The bigger your grow, the less you can focus on plants, the more maintenance you got...up untill the point you pay another peso to cut the bud you grow..
Cutting open buds taught me more than reading growreports...

you have a good weekend too , dude

-------------

Posted By: J.B. Walton
Date Posted: 29 November 2013 at 21:51
My friend schwarzenegger is becoming a father within a few weeks..
He is in stress.. becoming the fathership isnt nothing..
Its one of the best moments in life!
So my thoughts are with you schwarzenegger..
I hope for a boy.. with my name !
Have a good weekend all!!!

-------------
NEW HASH PICTURES In the photogallery!them. New law march 2015: if you have a grow question then send me a private message.
I will give no grow info in public anymore.

Date Posted: 29 November 2013 at 21:54
yer right
stress

i need a smoking room , or the wind to lay down , so i can properly get stoned on my balcony...

-------------

Posted By: billy bong
Date Posted: 05 December 2013 at 13:55
germinating between plates on tissue works just fine, dont slate a perfectly good way of doing things just because your friends say so. once it works for you just do it ..

1966 any pics of your set up ?

Date Posted: 05 December 2013 at 14:17
Hello billy i hope everything is good with you.
I dont have any pics but there is obviously something that is dramatically effecting my germination and seedling growth.
The seeds cracked once i used tissue rather than kitchen roll but still are really struggling to climb up out of the compost.
I have done all my previous seeds the same way in the past and had no problems at all,The tissue issue i put down to the fact that the kitchen roll is made from recycled paper so god knows what if any chemicals were used in that process but i think it definitely was the cause of the problem.
At the moment i just have a sorry looking seedling struggling for life.
Gonna give it a week and take it from whatever position i find myself in.
Usually 2 weeks after the seeds have cracked i have some nice little healthy plants on the go,This is really frustrating to say the least.
Oh by the way congratulations Schwarzenegger on your up coming birth and i wish you and your family health wealth and happiness.
Any suggestions billy on what you think the problems i am having could be due to? as always any help or advice is always very much appreciated.
All have a good day

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 06 December 2013 at 14:54
after they germinate are you putting them straight into soil? is the soil to rich? what size container?

are you still having that fungal problem you were discussing with sarah ? it must be frustrating after growing before then getting stumped germinating seeds. i know how you feel ;)

pictures would be a great help.

Date Posted: 06 December 2013 at 15:28
just after reading over the thread again, like the advice you got before pot size maybe an issue. when seedling are in to big a pot slow growth over watering can be issues.

since your going hydro would it not be better starting them off in rockwool or some other hydro medium?

Date Posted: 06 December 2013 at 15:38
Hello billy and thanks for the reply.
Yep after about 3 or 4mm of root then into the soil and its the same soil i have always used which is aimed at seeds and seedlings.
They are in 0.3 litre pots and as regards the fungal problem i dont know,and yes it is so frustrating its beyond belief as as far as i am concerned i am not doing anything differently to what i usually do.
They are in the exact same environment as usual and as for photos theres nothing to see other wise i would post some up.the one seedling is now wilted and is laid flat.
I have spent £50 on seeds and not one has made it beyond 2 weeks
Skint now with xmas and having two young kids to sort prezzies for,I hope there is a santa and he brings me a few clones as this seed problem has really done my head in.
I always had clones on the go but we were looking into fostering so i just flowered everything but then it turned out we could not foster hence the new seeds.
Gutted.
You have a good weekend

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 06 December 2013 at 16:22
yes its strange how the same system you always have used is not working this time.same thing has happened to me aswell. its hard for me to help you, you probably know more then i do. since your using soil for seedlings is there enough nutes in it? clutching at straws here.

my very first grow i ran into similar problems with seedlings not growing, that time it was down to over watering and pots been to big. but the pots i was using are hell of alot bigger then the one your using.

i popped 13 seeds last week and at the moment there pretty crap looking they stretched have purple stems, the leaves are a light yellow colour. im not to worried i know they will come right.

ye xmass is expensive enough with out having to worry about extra crap, i hope it all works out for you and your family :)

Date Posted: 06 December 2013 at 17:14
Cheers billy
I have been clutching at straws and praying for a miracle but i think i have more chance of winning the lottery.
I doubt very much i know a tenth of what you do as I've only been growing for two years,My biggest problem is that i do not know anyone else that grows who i could get some seeds or clones off,I will just have to wait for the new year to buy some more seeds and try and figure out were i have gone so terribly wrong with these.
Anyone in the uk fancy donateing to a very worthy cause?

Have a good weekend all

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 13 December 2013 at 15:32
Hello i hope everyone is good.
Well after been in the soil for over 2 weeks one of the skunk 1# has decided to put in a appearance i had given up all hope but just left it in there any way.
After having zero success with germinating my last 8 sensi seeds i bought some Female seeds feminised Big bud x white widow,All 4 seeds cracked and had enough tap root for me to plant them into rock wool after 36 hours and are now in a propagator,I need to get my finger out and show these babies the careful attention to detail they require,God knows how much i am looking forward to taking clones off these [thats if they make it] as i have had a belly full of germination problems.
I in no way blame sensi for my problems as it is probably down to me being so hap hazard during the whole process.
I hope the skunk 1# makes it as i really want a mother for cloning off her and i will also be keeping a mother of the Big Bud X White Widow so fingers crossed they all pull through.
All have a good weekend

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 11 March 2014 at 23:47
how did this turn out 1966?

Date Posted: 13 March 2014 at 21:28
Hello Billy i hope everything is good with you.
The skunk 1# didnt make it.
Only 3 of the big x white widow survived and 2 are now at 28 days 12/12 and 1 is at 7 days all in DWC,i decided against keeping a mother as i have had terrible problems with them.
My ph kept dropping from 6ish to below 4 over night and i dont understand why this was happening as i have never had a problem with maintaining a good ph through veg and flower apart from with these.
I have 5 white label white skunk on the go and are 14 days from the seeds cracking and they are coming along nicely all in soil,the plan is to keep the best as a mother for clones and the remaining 4 i intend to try my first scrog as i always keep trying new growing methods.
I will post some photos up tomorrow of the plants i have on the go at the moment so you can see for your self.
Have a good day

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 13 March 2014 at 23:12
are you using tap water, what nutes you using. sorry if you mentioned this already but im tired and not able to re thru the thread. just doing some investigating for you ;)

Date Posted: 13 March 2014 at 23:13
what are your res temps? have you enough dissolved oxygen. root rot ? these things seem to keep popping up

Date Posted: 13 March 2014 at 23:31
1 watt of air pump per 3.7L of water in your res?

Date Posted: 14 March 2014 at 12:01
Hello Billy as promised some photos.
All roots are nice and healthy looking and i am using tap water as i have always done without issue.I always let the new res water stand for at least 48 hours before changing it to get the temp up but i dont know the actual temp of it.I am using advanced nutes and have two 2 inch air stones in each bucket.
These are female seeds big bud x white widow at 28 days 12/12 today and me being me i have been trying a little LST.PH is now under control and barely alters since they have gone to 12/12

7 days of 12/12 and as you will notice there was a bit of a mishap which resulted in damage to the centre but i have tried to fix it with a cable tie and tape.

These are the white label white skunk at 14 days from the tap root appearing.I did not have enough small pots so had to put one into a 3 litre one but she is doing the best of the five as you can see.

As always any advice or comments are always appreciated.

All have a good weekend

-------------
Live and let live

Posted By: sicklehand
Date Posted: 14 March 2014 at 12:09
advice hmmmm

keep doing what your doing,
they look great.

-------------
Peace

Date Posted: 14 March 2014 at 12:16
Hello Mr sickle i hope you are well.
The amount of hassle i have had trying to get the BBXWW to just survive has been truly testing.
So i will be glad to get back with sensi's sister companys strains.
You have a good weekend.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 14 March 2014 at 13:14
thats good news about the ph:)

im sure once the ph problem got sorted you have everything under control. keep it up :)

Date Posted: 25 March 2014 at 23:46
All these problem variables can be negated by growing in MP compost kp. White skunk is looking good however, what's the medium?

Date Posted: 26 March 2014 at 11:31
Hello HD i hope all is good with you.
The white skunk are just in a blend of different composts i had kicking about.
I transplanted one into dwc as it was way behind the others and when i did this there was barely any root on her,shes been in the dwc for a few days and is starting to pick up and develop a healthier looking root system.

Heres the white skunk at 21 days

These are the female seeds big bud x white widow at 40 days 12/12 so a couple of weeks to go

And this is a female seeds big bud x white widow at 21 days of 12/12

The idea is to clone the white skunk and try my first scrog with them in DWC and also try some super cropping on the scrog as well.
Soil is so much easier as you say but in comparison to hydro it is so slow of course that is when things are going right.
You have a good day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 27 March 2014 at 00:40
I bet that bbxww that's almost ready is keenly anticipated '66. Not much stalk showing anywhere, another 2 weeks will fill the spaces.  Keep experimenting with stuff to your hearts content mate but if you really need weed soil's the safest route.

Date Posted: 27 March 2014 at 10:58
Sweet looking plants 1966!

-------------

Date Posted: 27 March 2014 at 12:30
Hello HD.
Your right about the anticipation on the BBXWW i hope its a nice smoke after all the trouble i've had with them.
I'm not expecting much off them but i have struggled so much with them it beggars belief.I hope the last one of them will give a better yeild as she seems to have been the best of the bunch and is developing quite a thick stem on her for such a small plant.
You have a good day.

Thanks Sarah i hope all is good down under and your back isn't giving you much grief.
You have a nice day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 28 March 2014 at 01:35
Hi '66, down under is fine... the long hot summer has finished and we are getting some lovely autumn rains (at least where I am). %3chumbs%20Up

My back has improved considerably, but the arthritis is progressive so I am not looking forward to the colder weather of winter.

I hope the UK is treating you well :D

-------------

Print Page | Close Window