Print Page | Close Window

clones in rockwool

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Indoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your indoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7721
Printed Date: 24 August 2019 at 18:18

Topic: clones in rockwool
Posted By: martiniGR
Subject: clones in rockwool
Date Posted: 11 December 2010 at 16:20
%3cndefined%3cndefined

-------------
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL

Replies:
Date Posted: 11 December 2010 at 16:22
I prefer to make clones in 1/4  of a rockwoolblock +/- 1cmx1cmx4cm
I love soil the sooner the better..
clonnes in soil right away give to much trouble, so i start in rockwool thats clean stuff
EDIT on the first picture you see a white "skin"around the rockwool. sometimes it has some paper on it, this paper might get mold, if i make clones in a standard block i lift the plastic skin upwards for about 1/2 cm, less chance for mold, the mold can start a bigger mold problem at the roots..

-------------
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...

Date Posted: 11 December 2010 at 16:49
%3c3c3cndefined
the small greenhouse has in the bottom canals, i find they can not hold enough water so i put the 2 baskets in eachother so i get the clones lifted 1 cm from the bottom, now i can put in more water without the rockwool is touching the water.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 December 2010 at 14:10
%3c3c3cndefined%3c3c3cndefined
foto 1 dry rockwool, the plate where it is in was a plate once with 100 pieces of rockwool, bought it in a growshop, the plate, I use it for years now.
Foto 2 I sprayed the rockwool with water mixed with root hormon,
HERE IT WENT WRONG,spraying does not make the blocks completely wet so I placed it in the fluid ,now it is good wet for 99%
foto 3 I let the whole thing stay for a day to aclimatize, tomorrow I spray it again and then its ready for the start, the fluid on the bottom is there for the humidity.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 December 2010 at 20:15
            D E L A Y

My mother plant is not doing super see threads: survival of a clone where are pictures of her under the name reference clone, and the thread :nutrients on leaf ( or some name like that..)
now i look out of the window and see: it's half moon
Half moon is not a problem if the mother is 100% but she isnt, i wait at least a few day's and maybe even a week.
With half moon the power of the plant is in the roots, with full moon the power is in the plant, cloning now is to risky
You dont have to believe this story.. but I do!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 December 2010 at 21:43
If i use a larger block of rockwool i should care about the Ph, now , as soon the roots are visible I put them in soil, so no Ph problem!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 December 2010 at 10:30
                                   f i r s t     c l o n e
%3cndefined the mother, the first clone is a test, the mother has 4 top branches the first clone is one of them, better take a clone from the lower branches but there are no good lower branches. The mother is not completely strong and healthy but i give it a try..%3cndefinedthe clone in  roomtemp water, i cut her from the head stem, i mean as long as possible, with a special scissors then i remove the lowest ,small, side branches, thats the place where the best roots will come out. then the rootpowder,from bottom to the second node
 tick the powder of that is to much, just a bit powder is enough and place the clone in the rockwool, after cutting of some leaftips which will be a reference for growth when she is rooted ( is she growing or not?? you can see , if a leaf is complete it is a new grown leaf) then the plant in rockwool the second nodes touch the rockwool.
she is in an area of high humidity i didnt spray her with water because that could damage the powder, wash away the powder. close the greenhouse and wait..there is water at the bottomthat shoul be fine.the rest is coming up later

-------------

Date Posted: 13 December 2010 at 10:33
the clone is under tubelight 2x 36 watt, 10 cm distance. The water on the bottom in the greenhouse is mixed with roothormons, standard dose , (no names..) (if the clone dies, producer, then you are happy i didnt mention your name!!)

-------------

Date Posted: 13 December 2010 at 13:48
its a kind of exam for me: do i know how to clone or not? I have made many hundreds of clones but with different succes..once i made clones from Haze from plants outdoor in 3 days was the first one rooted, i have made clones they never rooted..
this time i dont use a heating mat under the clones, it is warm enough i guess.
The clone fitted in the rockwool hole that i made, if it wasnt i should have close the holewith  the point of the scissors, i mean push the rockwool towards the stem, so she doesnt move when i take the greenhouse under the tl's away to look how she is doing..

-------------

Posted By: Proteus
Date Posted: 13 December 2010 at 18:21
I have made a plant by chopping quite a large clone off and dipping it in rooting gel and then just planting it into a root riot starter cube and putting it in a pot. After that i just treated it like a normal plant but...  keep the cube well watered. It doesnt look v happy but after a while it grew. Cloning is easy im sure you can do it :)

Date Posted: 13 December 2010 at 18:33
my growshop doesnt sell rooting gel, ive read about it and i believe its the best ( they use it themselves, could see it at the clones i bought from them, strong sh*t, roots came out of the stem even 2 cm above the rockwool) i use powder from a garden shop and rhizoponic/tonic i am not happy with it.. EDIT not happy with this system powder/rhizo<

-------------

Date Posted: 15 December 2010 at 16:51
Today i made a second clone , she is a little shorter ( both clones are very small ) I didnt cut the leafs, with the first clone i did. BTW a clone of 2 cm can survive, the longest clones I ever made were around 30 cm/1 foot they did well but were from outdoor mothers.
The best length from rockwool to the top = +/- 15 cm.
The best is to use clones with wide stems, they give the best yield.

-------------

Posted By: alecky
Date Posted: 16 December 2010 at 05:25
Hi martiniGR i always had trouble getting clones to root,with only about 50% survival rate, ive since made a bubbler cloner,its very easy to do and now i have 100% survival rate,all clones have roots in about 14days.

Heres a link to solids thread,

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3864&KW= - http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3864&KW=

edit;i still cant see any pics bar the one proteus fixed!Glad u enjoyed your hash!!

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 16 December 2010 at 16:39
Hi Alecky, my survival rate is 60-70 % but the last rooted ones have always a big slowdown, it must be possible I hope that 50 % is rooted in one week, fast, no slowdown, strong clones. The best is start with seeds, make clones once per plant, gow the clones and start again with seeds, much more yield in the same time! Problem if you grow for yourself it is expencive for the "normal man or woman" If you sell it , or have a big bankaccount, or a job..( one of the last ones) you can best grow with seeds only. Many systems, what ever you want, what ever you like,..SQ

-------------

Date Posted: 19 December 2010 at 11:43
clone 1 = 7 days in rockwool
          2 = 6
         3 = 5
         4 = 5, no roots at the moment....

-------------

Date Posted: 19 December 2010 at 11:46
%3c3cndefined
clone left is clone 1, clone right is clone 2 in the middle clones 3&4  

-------------

Date Posted: 20 December 2010 at 09:17
In the last month nov '10 i started on the forum, i have seen many problems ,tried to solve them.
1 problem is very common in growing and that is: to much
to much water, to much food. (the grower wants that the plant feels well, so a little extra this and that..)
Cloning: many people give to much water..
A clone has no roots, she cant drink, she needs to stand wet in the rockwool, but not maximum. Water is important but more in the form of 80% humidity, my clones stand free from the bottom, they dont touch the bottom water.
While they stand in roomtemperature the water feels cold, this slows the rootingproces..

-------------

Date Posted: 25 December 2010 at 09:07
Still no life to see..12 days.. pffff

-------------

Posted By: snoopy85
Date Posted: 25 December 2010 at 22:19

why not import some clonex gel?or buy at different shop cause I think this is much better than the powder

Date Posted: 25 December 2010 at 23:11
yeah, the powder is nothing..i have to improve my system, its not working.. 12 days not one root..they show a slowdown that i normaly will throw the clones away.. i wait a little, have no new mother yet.. EDIT i have some ideas with the aqua airbubble system if the airbubbles make a higher humidityit will solve the problem.. the problem is the greenhouse.it should be 80% humidity, but in combination with ventilation, the humidity goes down, air bubbles could make more water drops in the air..I should have cut the leafs shorter, and the mother was not perfect.. etc.

-------------

Posted By: Auto-Question-Bot
Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 00:37
my clones in rockwool rooted quicker
are you sprayin the leafs with water?

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 03:29
yes i did, if necesary, if they stand right up i dont , but if they start to hang i spray..
they stand above water, they stand not dry,i refreshed the water under the plants 3x, i sprayed a little on the rockwool, every 2 days.
I have to improve the system, better roots hormons, i used powder and rhizotonic,
The problem with the rhizo is the high ph value, it says not on the package what to do with the high ph, lower it or not..I want to buy a gel instead of powder for the stems.
It is possible that the roots will come today or tomorrow.. but the leafstems are turning red already, so i took off the most leafs less evaporation..they have a definite slowdown already!!%3ctern%20%3cmile Next time better..

-------------

Posted By: forma420
Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 03:41
Martini the gel is the way to go. it really doesnt take a lot once you dip'em and stick'em. there's been some cuts that thought for sure was never big enough to grow and k-pow...they coming all in less than 10 days using the same BUT full cubes your using. 

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 03:49
the cubes are not the problem, temp differences, humidity diff. and maybe not enough fresh air, old powder.. that are the causes
the solutions are gel,more stabil factors on temp hum and air..(lost 2 weeks..)

-------------

Posted By: Auto-Question-Bot
Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 12:10
i just used plain water to get mine rooted didnt even ph the water
martini i tjhink you should make a bubble cloner or another idea is clonex

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 12:27
i am an unbelieveable grower, 30 years experience, cloning no survivor..
It started with a mother wich was not healthy, she had a slowdown already..
I made many clones, good ones, never had a 80% or more score..
I know all the theory, unbelieveable stupid, what can I say else? bubbles and gel are the next changes in the system..lost a month already..
I dont Ph the water too, if the clone is healthy,its not neccessary..
It has to do with "doing to much", like most grow problems.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 December 2010 at 10:04
good and bad news!!
The good news is  the first clone has a root ( after 16 days)
The rest is still bad news..
from the 4 clones i decided to take the worst one out and putted it in a glas without water, that one will not survive I thought...
The worst one has a root now and is potted.. She is yellow, red leafstems, etc. long way to go..
The 3 other ones stood to wet i guess?? to much water on the leafs maybe, to hot?
I m happy, the strain will survive, it will take weeks before she turns green again..
The soil is weed soil with some standard food in it..this will make her a little greener, after that i give small amounts of food extra, until she is normal again.
If i am to fast with food, she will die..
i took the 3 unrooted clones out of the "greenhouse box" they stand now on the same place as where the rooted one stood, i dont water them and wait..

-------------

Date Posted: 29 December 2010 at 10:08
these 3 have no roots..

-------------

Date Posted: 30 December 2010 at 13:29
This thread is continuing under the name of Survival of a clone part 2
/ Indoor growdiaries

-------------

Print Page | Close Window