Print Page | Close Window

First Grow

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Indoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your indoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7643
Printed Date: 24 October 2019 at 06:35

Topic: First Grow
Posted By: dim_799
Subject: First Grow
Date Posted: 20 November 2010 at 15:48
Hello everyone, my friend and I are starting a new grow. I have tried once before by myself but got busted by my parents many years ago (ouch), but now the conditions are much much better. For starters we will be growing at my friends basement and he lives with his mother who is totally cool with the idea. Even smokes from time to time:)). Anyway, we are already one week into veg. I dont have pics yet but ill be posting really soon. Any questions, advice and criticism is of course welcome, since most of you here are much more experienced than us.

We are growing 3 feminised k.o. kush from heavyweight in a homebox L that is 80x80x160. K.o. Kush reaches about 120cm so i think the dimensions are good. Due to money probs we are using a fluorescent lamp for veg 250W (damn thing is huge). For bloom we will buy an hps 400W which i think is more than enough for 3 plants. We are using the BioBizz Starter kit which includes RootJuice, BioHeaven, BioGrow, BioBloom, and TopMax. The seedlings were put in the plates on the 8th, put in the dirt on the 10th and then sprouted two days later on the 12th. It's been one week and they are about 9-10cm tall which is surprisingly good if you consider we are using a fluo lamp. The temp is about 27 C and the humidity around 60% (we try to bring it up a bit whenever we can). They look healthy and green but you'll see that when i post pics.

Thanks for reading this and remember we are newbies so anything you can say to guide us will be appreciated. Will be posting pics soon.

D&K

Replies:
Date Posted: 20 November 2010 at 22:28
here are some pics for now..

Posted By: Salgado
Date Posted: 21 November 2010 at 00:44

Hi there dim_799

Nice growing you have there pal. Your seedlings look pretty nice as everything else.
Nice enginuous way to tie the plants %3c3chumbs%3c20Up 

One thing I advise is to hang the FL lamp horizontally not vertically. By hanging it vertically you'll provide your seedlings more light because now the biggest amount of light is spread and "wasted" to the sides and and those lil guys are not using them.

If you want to bring humidity a lil bit put a bowl with water and a fan blowin near it and the plants so water can evaporate and raise humidity a bit.

Other than that your ready to go. Good luck,

Sal

-------------
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."

Posted By: Auto-Question-Bot
Date Posted: 21 November 2010 at 01:33
as sal said sort ya light out
and good luck

Posted By: martiniGR
Date Posted: 21 November 2010 at 12:24
nice , do you have a fan blowing towards the plants??
Dont give to much water,they are small
take your time  and dont push them
To much water makes the roots lazy and the plants need strong roots, let the roots grow
by giving them just a little water
best from the underside
A fan is important to strengthen the stems

-------------
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL

Date Posted: 21 November 2010 at 14:19
second pic on right of is it fan blowin

Date Posted: 21 November 2010 at 15:27
thanks sal! ill get to it then.. yea jp it is a fan on the second picture
thanks for the tips fellas.. i will post more as soon as i have something new.. martiniGR i give them a little less than 330ml everyday all together.. so basically 100ml each day for each plant.. you think i should cut back on it?

D&K

Date Posted: 21 November 2010 at 17:18
i cant say exactly
how many of your plants fit in a beer tin?
Im thinking a little less how much exact dont know
I am 100liter and drink around 1-2 liter a day

-------------
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...

Posted By: tommylee883
Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 11:48
like it's been said mate, sort your light out :)
a 400w hps like you said will be more than enough for 3 plants, i have 6 on the go under the same light :)
Heat may cause a problem though, and you don't want your plants to reach a final height of 1.2m, considering the light distance, and the depth of the light/reflector itself, you should aim for a final height of around 1m.
As for watering, don't over do it! Feel the weight of the plants when they are well watered, and feel the weight of a plant thats dried out and is needing watering, this is a good indicator of when to water again. Aim for approx 10% run off.
Your nutes are pretty much the same as mine, i stick with the biobizz grow stuff,
Heres links to my diaries for referance if you need it:

Grow #1 - indica

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6322

Grow #2 - sativa

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7226

Biobizz Feed Chart (very usefull)
Don't want to link another forum outside of sensi, google "biobizz feed chart"

Nutrient problems:

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6499

Hope this helps mate, best of luck with the grow,

Tommy

Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 12:59
If you gave to much water you could make some holes in the soil with a screwdriver or some stick, it dries quicker and gives oxygen to the roots

BTW this is also good right after potting: oxygen holes..

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 14:10
martiniGR thanks for the tip.. although i already reduced the amount of water i give them just to be sure.. tommylee thanks for the diary links.. they will help A LOT.. the feed chart came with the nutes so im good with the amounts... i was thinking of buying a cooltube with the lamp.. i have read in this forum that a cooltube pretty much holds all the heat, person claimed that he could actually touch the cooltube without getting burnt.. could I then aim for the 1.2 m plants?

Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 15:06
Depending of where the heat goes, it could make your room colder, in summer is that nice but in winter.. Where goes the heat of the cooltube? maybe 130 cm.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 16:27
i really dont know.. im guessing it gets trapped inside..
http://www.head-nature.com/07036
thats the link that im going to order it from.. check it out if you want..
btw you were right about overwatering the plants because i just checked on them and the soil was very moist even though it didn't seem like it on the surface. 1 or 2 leaves have actually started to deviate downwards a bit. i guess that's a sign of overwatering. rookie mistake. i have also noticed a small white mark on one leaf. anybody got any idea what it might be? ill post a pic asap.

Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 17:07
might be water on the leafs while watering, the bulb burns the white spot 4-5 mm?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 17:12
you have to buy  the tubepipes extram and maybe even more? electricity cables?

-------------

Posted By: tommylee883
Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 17:34
yeah with a cooltube you could aim for the 1.2m plants, a 600w HPS with cooltube can get as close as a foot away, so with a 400 you could get closer than that.
like martin gr said though, make sure temps are nice and stable for the wintery conditions :)

Tommy

Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 20:13
martiniGR sorry if i seem noobish but what's a tubepipe extram? electricity cables i get easily get there's a shop around the corner from my house and it has anything that will be needed to mount it.
we are growing in the basement where the temperature is very stable. its around 27C and doesnt drop much during the night..
quick thing guys our fan's rotary system kind of failed today.. don't know why.. until we can get a new one we left the fan blowing constantly on the plants.. this won't be a prob for the plants will it?
thanks for all the help so far guys and sorry for the frequent questions, im just a perfection freak and i get really anxious now that they are still small..

Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 21:10
your plants need constant fresh air, no fan means no moving leafs no fresh air around the plant is reduce of growth..

I saw a cooltube on the site, it was a cool tube only not including  in-going air "tube ' and  no outgoing air "tube"
see foto on thread : big bud (search word)..(friday 19 nov.)

-------------

Date Posted: 25 November 2010 at 19:14
i see what you mean martini.. thanks
probably wont get the cooltube and aim for the plant to reach 1m
the little guys btw are growing very nicely
some leaves are getting deformed by the air but its not something to worry i believe. the new ones coming out look beautiful and green. i'll post pics asap.
I noticed though, on some older leaves some yellow marks on the edges of a couple of leaves.. is that from overwatering or overfeading them?

Date Posted: 26 November 2010 at 18:46

i posted as many pics as i could so you guys could see and hopefully understand my problem. it wasnt like this a couple of days ago. things got really worse as you can see. however all the yellow leaves are older leaves. the new ones coming out look green and healthy which is a good sign i guess. anyone got any idea?

Posted By: forma420
Date Posted: 28 November 2010 at 07:28
did you spray the plants? looks like you sprayed them under the lights and they got microburns from the droplets. IMO they are 2 young to show deficiencies and the new growth is good n green. keep an eye on them for a week should be ok

Date Posted: 29 November 2010 at 00:04
yea i did the mistake and sprayed them once.. that's what it probably is cause as you said forma the new growth looks goooood.. i dont have a ph meter jp cause i didn't think i would need it at this stage.. i will have one at the end of the week at the latest so ill test then.. thanks m8s.. will post pics when i can

Date Posted: 29 November 2010 at 20:11
IF u spray them--DONT do it under lights and DONT dry them under the lights. Learned advice on both.

Date Posted: 05 December 2010 at 17:59
hey guys just uploading some pics so you can see the progress of our babies. we are 25 days in veg and the plants are looking mainly healthy. just a few spots here and there but thats probably from the micro burns. we water carefully every 2-3 days waiting for the soil to dry. the leaves on one of the plants seem to have banked downwards a bit (pic 2) but it's probably the movement of the plant since overwatering is out of the question. anyway, let me know what you think. cheers.

-------------
"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."
D&K

Date Posted: 05 December 2010 at 18:33
the look healthy man, not much side branches, do you have your 400w working already?
they can use some extra light
It's time to put them in  bigger pots..
they look realy healthy, but some extra light is better
 the good thing is you did not give to much food, exact good dosis,
if they grow bigger they need step by step a little more food
A shortness, if it will come, you can repair quite fast, to much damages the plant
succes!!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 December 2010 at 22:46
thanks martini.. we will be re-potting in 5-6 days into what i think are 5 or 6 litre pots.. we will also be installing our 400w hps and starting the bloom period.. we dont want them to get to tall because of our limited ceiling space so we think its a good idea to starting blooming when they are 20-25 cm tall (they are currently about 16-20).

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 06 December 2010 at 07:10
stop!!

Dont do everything in the same time, first things first
1 repotting as soon as possible (you can pot them under un angle of 45 degrees if height is a problem)
water them in the new soil part, they make more roots quick, few days at least
then they have to get used to the more light ( look out for burning keep distance to the bulb, day by day less distance to 40 cm )

BTW the plants are stretched because they want to grow as quick as possible towards the light, she has not enough.. thats why she has no side branches yet, all energy in height.
read my diary JF#5 girl, my plant is the opposit of yours.

succes!!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 December 2010 at 19:24
thanks for the tips martini.. ok so we just repotted (ill post pics tomorrow probably) into 4 litre pots. we'll flush tonight or tomorrow morning with just water. i noticed though that the lowest leaves of 2 of the plants have a discoloration. they are a light green opposed to the new growth which is nice and green. will the lower leaves fall off eventually or is this some kind of def? also some leaves' tips are pointing upwards or downwards and also have a discoloration and look kind of dead (but just the tips). anyway all new growth looks gooooood and we are generally happy. our ph meter and 400hps lamp should come tomorrow or the day after.

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 06 December 2010 at 19:57
they will grow over the small problems
they have to get used to the light, make roots etc.keep the lamp at 60cm ( 400w) everyday 5 cm less upto 40 cm dont give to much water and give in steps after a week some food some more if they do well
dont try to force growth with food  PLANTS DONT WORK THAT WAY
if she grows well she deserves some extra food step by step if she doesnt dont give her more.. %3ceek

-------------

Date Posted: 11 December 2010 at 04:59
hey guys day 30 today and we just put our 400w hps lamp and began the blooooomin! the babies are about 22-28 cm tall. they are looking really healthy especially a couple of hours after installing the 400w lamp (the photos below are before those couples of hours). damn they really like the light. however, the bottom leaves of one the plant (first 3 images) are taking a really weird curl and i have no idea what it is. also googled it and didnt find anything enlightening enough. anyone have any idea what is causing this? at first it was only one leaf and we thought maybe it was the fan that twisted it but turns out its probably not because all the lower leaves followed. the upper leaves and new growth looks awesome though. also we encountered some heat problems. after the couple of hours the temperature in the homebox reached 33 C which is not too good obviously. we will be upgrading our room's ventilation system and we will be adding more fans to try to bring it down to 30 to begin with. humidity was around 36% so we will add a large bowl of water to bring it up a bit. any extra ideas on how to stabilize temp around 27-30 would be greatly appreciated. let me know what you think guys. cheers!

p.s. i also found this great post on another forum on how to make a carbon scrubber out of plain things around the house. i found it really easy, helpful and clean.
http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/281136-how-cheap-easy-efficient-diy-carbon-scrubber.html

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 11 December 2010 at 09:33
the roots are damaged,  you will get a small yield, they are your plants, i preferred a week grow under the new bulb, the stems can not carry the weight of big buds and side buds, well there are no side shoots...
a trick for lowering the temp:
you know a coolbox for drinks , in the shop you can buy ( dont know the english word) packages with fluid that put you in the fridge to freeze than hang it on a rope in front of the fan and you have an airco for almost free..

-------------

Date Posted: 11 December 2010 at 15:22
thanks for the tip on lowering the temp martini..
about the roots though.. wont they heal at some point? we can hold the stem up thats no prob.. does it mean it is damaged for good and there is nothing we can do?

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 11 December 2010 at 15:42
no, they will grow and heal, but is a slow down.
wait and see. put the strongest plant in the middle
dont expect the most, then you will not be disapointed.
next grow: more experience, better yield.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 December 2010 at 15:51
the distance bulb-plant 40cm 400watt, 60cm 600watt the distance is to big, but make it smaller in steps, the roots have to repair themselves first,few days, maybe spray some water on her if doesnt look better next days, with spraying keep the distance to the bulb 1 meter.Its all going to fast, you started relaxed, smoke a joint.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 December 2010 at 21:57
yeah we are taking it slow giving the babies the chance to adapt.. actually not even 24 hours after we put the 400w hps one of the crooked leaves is starting to straighten up! some new side shoots are starting to show also.. we will see how they go the next few days and let you know!! thanks a lot martini!

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 11 December 2010 at 22:24
i week vegatative grow make a double yield inyour case!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 December 2010 at 20:43
hey guys its day 4 of 12/12 and the ladies are growing like crazy!! many side shoots have appeared and the damaged plant is starting to show progress even though its not as bushier as the others.. anyway, we are really happy with the current situation.. we fed them 2 days ago.. probably will feed them tomorrow or the day after again.. seeing that they need it.. temps reach 28 C at the most but during night they drop to 19.. trying to do something to bring it up at night.. anyway, let me know what you think.. cheers!

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 14 December 2010 at 22:09
congratulations, they look good, the leafs look bigger, adult!
the few lower leafs that show problems, dont care , thats the past dhe will grow over it..
she looks nice no over or under feeding good amount of water all ok.
when the plant grows she can have each time a little more and look at the leaftips if the change color or curl or do strange ( %3cacko  ) then that is a first sign for do a little less, before it is a problem. it goes very well.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 December 2010 at 22:17
2 schedules Dont do A but do B: give more food but once in a while give water no food.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 December 2010 at 00:44
LOL musical plant!!!!

-------------
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."

Date Posted: 15 December 2010 at 01:03
they look well enough now
i must say with 3 plants in that tent id wait till over 20inch tall for max yeild that  would be great
im leavin my others a long time in veg on this 1
good luck

Date Posted: 15 December 2010 at 09:51
salgado you made me wake up, i thought the plant looked very well, but now i see, with my glasses on .. it's a guitar!!%3cuke

-------------

Date Posted: 15 December 2010 at 18:51
yeah its our two biggest passions.. marijuana and music all in the same room!
thanks for the schedules martini we although we already do that.. we give only water every 3 or 4 feedings..
jp truth is we rushed flowering a little bit.. should of waited for them get taller but now we are sure that we wont have a light burn problem for sure.. haha you are right though but oh well its all good experience for the next grow! cheers guys and thanks!

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 16 December 2010 at 00:39
Music plays a big role in my life, I know what that is.

Martini what are you smoking? I want so me of that!

I think those plants should be topped ASAP.

What's the style? Nice smooth Jazz?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 December 2010 at 01:23
we are on day 6 flowering, is it really a good idea to top now?

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 16 December 2010 at 01:25
btw the style is a mixture of trip hop-jazz-alternative.. basically something experimental..

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 16 December 2010 at 02:28
Oh I only realized now plants are flowering already. Next time if you grow only 3 plants in that space follow JP's advice.

Well it can be done but I thought the plants were still vegging. Some guys say it ok to top till 7 days of 12/12 some guys say it's not recommendable.

Why not revert them into veg and grow them a lil bigger? you can top them and they will yield more for sure! I would do that in your position.

I kinda like Portishead and Massive Attack but def like Jazz way more. Honestly I think I have never heard a mix of both but it seems a good fusion.

Any band / music you can recommend?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 December 2010 at 04:18
yeah ive also heard that it can be topped in the first week of flowering.. i don't consider ourselves experienced enough to do it though..
we thought about reverting but i guess we are just too damn anxious and beyond the point of caring so much about the yield.. our next grow will be far better planned out for sure..
care to take a guess on how much each plant will yield? we put them on 12/12 at about 30cm..
those are definitely one of the best and most known bands.. i would also recommend Aphex Twin, Red Snapper, Amon Tobin, Cinematic Orchestra and some mainly trip-hop ones like Morcheeba and Thievery Corporation.. hey sal we should start a music forum hahahha
cheers and thanks for the advice!!

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 01:00
id just leave them now wouldnt top em just let em roll
what height did you put em to flower?
you wouldnt get light burn you can avoid  that issue ie trainin, tiein etc
and also my last strain heights was 1.2 to 1.4 metre in height on the packet and they didnt grow over 1 metre with my help
so dont worry about height
are you in a 2m high tent?

Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 03:52
hey jp we are in a 160cm high tent.. and we have a 400w hps.. so we should have a 30-40 distance with the plants.. right? anyway we put them on flowering exactly one month after vegging with a 250w cfl. they were about 28-30cm tall. yea no worries about light burn . we are aiming at about 100-150 grams of wield totally (we have 3 plants). is it too much?

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 09:33
I think you wont get 100-150 grams, unfortunately, 50-100 grams i guess.. Its a first grow, next time when you have from the start 400w they will yield more, caused by more side branches.
Salgado, i smoke something new: I took a handfull of wet leaftips with THC JF#5 then i pressed it in my hand until it became a wet sustance and dried it in paper, a little then i dried the stick of weedleaftips above the bulb for one day..That's what i am smoking at the moment, not much taste, but very high..

-------------

Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 17:43
well 50-100 grams aint half bad for a first grow.. anyway its all good xp for the next one.. if i run out ill just do what you did martini.. cheers and thanks!! (will post pics soon)

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 23:18
hey guys here are some pics of the ladies.. we are on day 8 of 12/12.. you can actually see a couple of hairs on the last photo.. f***ing amazing!! you can see the difference from the damaged one due to the fact that it is much less bushy.. overall very pleased.. we are also thinking about repotting in the next few days to 10-11 L pots (we now have 4L). cheers everybody!!

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 19 December 2010 at 01:46
nice big leafs, strong plants!

-------------

Posted By: marty12345
Date Posted: 19 December 2010 at 18:47
Hello dim 799,
I hope i find you well.
I have been trying to grow for the last 3 months with no luck what so ever, i have 2 plants 3 month old and only 6 and a half inch's high can you tell me why this might be happening i have built a grow room with 3 sets of 4 foot long lights up with cool & warm bulbs on for 18 hours i keep the temp at 90f and water 3 times a day i have a fan on the go too. i am growing in soil so not using nutreants yet im leaves are starting to go brown around the edges too im very %3cngry at this point with everything..................... i hope you can help & thank you................martin

Date Posted: 19 December 2010 at 19:46
Hello Martin and welcome to the forums....need a picture for better answers to the question as to why its a "no grow".
1. watering 3 x a day is excessive unless your putting it on in drops.
2. whats the distance between light and plant
3. how big is the room
4. ventilation/humidity inside the room

Date Posted: 19 December 2010 at 22:17
hey marty and welcome to the forum! all is well for me as you can see!
anyway if i were you i would check the 4 things forma listed.. IMO watering 3 times a day is waaaaay too much.. and as forma said a picture could help us help you! anyway check those 4 things and let us know! cheers!

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 20 December 2010 at 22:39
Hello Forma, & Thanks for reply,
I will put up some pics soon im not to good with computers yet
I will ease up on water........
I had lights at 12 inches when they were only starting to grow ( 1 inch) then moved to 4 inches when a little bigger.
Room is 3 feet by 5 feet by 7 feet high.
i have only ordered a humidity dial i think its very fry in there temp at steady 35c shuld i let it get a little cooler in night times hours
My ventilation should be ok i think i have a fan pulling in & one pulling out.....
Cheers and thank you again i hope to hear from you soon happy growing....

Date Posted: 20 December 2010 at 22:41
Thanks man ill try to put up pics

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 00:38
hows the plans growin any pics?

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 16:10
the pic i keep taking are to big i have to get my self a program to make them smaller be back soon........................ happy christmas to you %3cool

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 16:56

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 17:11
Managed at last to get some up .........ill be sending more.
This plant is a widow that is 3 month old all new leaves start off very well but always turn brown over time it is only about 6 and a half inches high
i am only watering 2 times a day and have lightened up a lot, the temp in there is now at a stedy 25c day & night i have switched off 1 of my lights too now only leaving 2 four feet long lights on with 1 cool & 1 warm bulb in each.
Im using rain water at the mo without a ph test my tester is broken
Its getting 16 hours of light a day............
Should i let the temp drop a little in the night ?
What should my humidity be at and how do i get it up without changing temp ?.............
Thank you guy again for this help%3clap

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 17:35
cant see your picture , wrong title, use letters only, in the title, no-_+= etc.

-------------

Posted By: JustAsmoker
Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 18:04
hey man, its very small for 3 months old dude. that soil dont look to great either and watering twice a day is probo 2 much dude. its more like once every 3 days. i try to run my soil quite dry so the plant gets ust toit and keeping the soil dryer helps the roots breath. you get a better plant
cool man

-------------
activate the super lumens switch

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 18:09
hey marty.. that certainly doesn't look like a plant that has been in veg for 3 months.. your methods sound fine to me even though i would only water it when it needs it (even once a day could prove too much with that pot, IMO). your humidity should be around 40-60% but i wouldn't worry if it goes off a bit.. if you want to bring it up without changing temps just put a bowl of water near the plants and the fan blowing at it will bring it up a bit.. your temps sound fine, mine drop to 18-19 at night and go up to 30-31 during the day and i have no prob.. anyway, i really cant understand why your plant is growing so slowly but yet again im not an experienced grower.. hope i helped some how.. good luck!!

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 18:39
hey guys hope you are all good!! just an update on the beautiful beautiful ladies.. we are on day 16 of 12/12 and they have an average height of 50cm.. we repotted them a couple of days ago into what i think are 10-13L pots (not exactly sure). we gave them only water last time and we just fed them today. we didnt bring up the dosage, we'll do it next time.. everything is looking really good and bushy.. let me know what you think guys! cheers and merry Christmas everyone!

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 19:16
they do it very good! They still have not much sidebranches but next grow with a 400w direct from the start they will make them then.
Nice grow , as JUST A SMOKER says less water is more air in the soil is better plants, you are doing fine . Let the plant do the work, if she wants more she tells you..
It is going very good, green stems, green stemleafs. green leafs, she has everything! Next time some food, might be better 2x 50% food instead of 0% +100%, or 25% and 75%
if there shows a problem you could give some more because then you are shure that it is a deficient, a problem with to much will not occur. its going fine

-------------

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 19:26
MARTY12345, there is much wrong with your plant, she needs not more than a cola glass of water aday or if she is not hanging even less. Give her next time water ina small bucket, put the plant in the bucket so she can drink from the bottomside, your soil might be not weedsoil, to low ph and rainwater is low ph too. humidity raising is simple spray water in the air, thats all.I ve seen plants that look worse than yours, she has small internode length thats positive, if she looks ok i would give no water, if the humidity is low you can spray the plant a few times aday.succes

-------------

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 27 December 2010 at 01:04
Hi there dim_799 I have just been reading over your log. The plants look pretty good... maybe a little low in nitrogen (ie the yellowing on the plant, pictured next to someone's forearm on the 19th Dec, is due to low nitrogen levels).

Apart from that they look pretty good. To really increase side branching you need to top during vegetative growth. This will keep the plants shorter and bushy if that is the style you are after... just keep in mind when you top a plant you remove the growth that would have produced the biggest biggest bud during flowering.

All the best for the rest of flowering.

----

marty12345, it's usually best to begin your own thread for a problem like this... it helps to keep the information together, but seeing as  dim_799 doesn't seem to mind you using his/her thread, I'll answer you here.

The plant pictured seems to have really suffered during the last 3 months, it looks like you have been killing them with kindness. With the conditions you described I am surprised that they have lasted this long.

First up the soil is too heavy, cannabis plants need a light and free draining soil. Most growers will achieve this by mixing perlite with a premium grade potting mix. Using garden soil or natural compost is not a good idea for potted plants, it's too dense and tends to suffocate the roots as it doesn't hold much air in the mix.

Second, the root problems have been multiplied by the watering schedule. Watering each day prevents the soil from drying off and excludes air, compounding the oxygen starvation. A good rule of thumb with soil is to water the pot until about 10% of the volume has run through the drainage holes... make sure you don't leave the plant in a drip tray containing sitting water. Tip the excess water out of the drip tray after the pot has drained and don't water again until the pot has lost around half it's weight and the top couple of cm's of soil has dried out.

Third, with the roots in bad condition the plant cannot take up nutrients from the soil. This is why the new leaves look okay but the lower growth keeps dying off. The plant is sourcing the major growth nutrients from the older leaves rather than the soil. Not feeding the plant can make this worse, but at this stage, without dealing with the other problems first, I don't think feeding now will make any difference.

Fourth, the temperatures are way too high... from what you have written, I gather the temperatures are sitting between 32 and 35C. You need to try and take about 10C off the temperature... low to mid 20's Celsius is more appropriate for cannabis. 

Fifth... worrying over things like humidity and pH at the moment is unnecessary, the plants have so many basic problems that these parameters wont have much of an impact on the plant's ability to grow. 

Finally, if all the plants are as stunted as the one pictured, my advice would be to go buy some unfertilised seed raising mixture and start some new seeds. I think it is very unlikely that the pictured plant will ever thrive as a result of the long term, poor growing conditions.

If you still want to try and save the plants you have, I'd suggest letting them dry out by about half the weight of the pot... unpot, remove as much soil from the roots as possible without breaking too many roots (putting them under a slow stream of water might help loosen the old soil)... repot into a decent potting mix with about 25% perlite added and a spoonful of dolomite lime. Water in with some seaweed extract and lift the lights a foot for a day or so, as the plants recover, bring the lights back dow to the usual level. Do not water again until the pots have dried off again (as described above in the second point).

I hope you will begin your own thread and continue to update us on the plant's progress... oh and have a look at http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=494 - Basic Cultivation Instructions in the FAQ's.

All the best, sara %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Posted By: alecky
Date Posted: 27 December 2010 at 07:23
Great info in that there post sarah lou!

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Posted By: marty123
Date Posted: 27 December 2010 at 16:30
??????????????????????????????????????

Date Posted: 27 December 2010 at 16:51
yeah sorry dim. i thout it was marty123's thread and when i seen his plant i thout that guy needs all the info he can get

nice plants dim, keep up the good work

-------------

Date Posted: 27 December 2010 at 17:12
Sorry dim for using your thread im new to all this. ill figer it out soon man sorry again%3co%20high 

Date Posted: 27 December 2010 at 17:55
don't worry about it marty.. it's really no prob at all.. i don't mind anyone using my thread even though i think making your own thread could help you be more organized and you could get much better help.. nevertheless, use my thread as long as you like (hope that Ganja is ok with it)! anyway, thanks JustAsmoker, we are proud that this is our very first grow! haha and thanks sarah lou for the advice, good words and GREAT info!! cheers everyone!

-------------
D&K

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 28 December 2010 at 02:03
Dim, I'm sure Ganja wont mind, it's your thread.

Marty, to begin a new topic - see below image. Also, multiple user accounts... hmmm, please pick one and use it... sock puppets are very annoying.

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 28 December 2010 at 03:32
ganja's smoking loads of jack herer i bet, he's far from minding

-------------

Posted By: marty123
Date Posted: 28 December 2010 at 15:57

Hi Alecky, I hope i find you well.

I would like to ask what soil you grow in as im having lods of trouble and after some feed back from the guys on this site im thinking it my soil that is wrong, I started growing in john innes no 3 soil and still using now, john innes no 1 a friend say's to try or should i make up soil like ive seen on the web..........cheers martin,%3cig%3c 

Posted By: alecky
Date Posted: 28 December 2010 at 16:21
Hi marty i use shop bought soil think its westland,bit stuck for time right now,ill post a pic of it later...mixed with some perlite.You can pick up both in woodies.

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 28 December 2010 at 18:28
Thanks man ill wait for your reply.....................%3cig%3c

Date Posted: 03 January 2011 at 00:22
hello all! happy new yields!

we are on day 23 of 12/12 and the ladies are about 60cm tall. they look healthy except some parts on some leaves which look like microburns but aren't cause we didn't spray on them.. here are some pictures of these marks.

and here some nice ones

thank you..!

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 03 January 2011 at 07:28
Nice fotos! the yellow spots do not look good. The plants had a shock while repotting, you see some rests of this period.
The yellow spots on foto 1 & 5 they look the most dangerous to me..but if they do not progress, i would not do to much if i wasnt shure what the problem exact is.
Overall the plants look good for a first grow, i see already much THC!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2011 at 16:04
i 'll wait for a couple of days to see .. could this happen because we repotted with different soil?

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 03 January 2011 at 22:33
go coco pal no probs better and bigger crops easy to grow

Date Posted: 04 January 2011 at 00:19
In total they look good, do not to much if you are not shure what the problem is, maybe it goes over by itself

-------------

Date Posted: 13 January 2011 at 01:21
hello to all! i hope you are all good and high! it's time to make an update on the beautiful ladies. we are on day 33 of flowering and the plants look loving awesome. we can't wait to smoke em. we watered/fed them yesterday. we uped the dose to 9.5 ml per litre. we water/feed every 4 days. they are about 60-65cm tall. the yellow spots are almost gone. only few are left that are not something to worry about. enough said it's time for some pics!! cheers guys!

-------------
D&K

Posted By: Proteus
Date Posted: 13 January 2011 at 01:28
They really do look nice. Is that a nana growing out of the top of the bud in the bottom picture ? :)

Posted By: TheDeparted
Date Posted: 13 January 2011 at 02:32
they look great buddy!im just about to start my first grow and hope mine turn out as nice as those!be cool to keep in touch to get a bit of advice of you.

Date Posted: 13 January 2011 at 08:40
Very good first grow! But look out.. every four days watering is not a goal, giving water at the moment that the plant wants water is better, the plant is the boss, while she grows she uses every time a little more water..
but you can be proud of your result.
 look daily at your plants, stems, leafs etc.
they seem to have enough food, i wouldnt give more, better taste of the end result..
problems solved by the plant instead of by overdoing of the grower it is in balance
 your patience should be an example for other new growers!
very good!
edit question,when you repotted the plants , was the soil falling of the roots or was it a block already? They had a big shock, but survived very well!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 January 2011 at 14:59
thanks guys! proteus what's a nana? looked it up but only found that it is some kind of a shrub or sub-shrub..
to answer your question martini when we repotted no soil fell off the roots on two of the plants.. they were strong blocks! on the third one however some parts were falling off but we were really careful and tried to keep the shock to the minimum!
no worries johnny we are not going anywhere!

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 13 January 2011 at 15:08
nana=banana=male flower on female plants. Its blurry but it looks like one to me, you want to tweak it off.

Date Posted: 13 January 2011 at 16:12
i had in my JF the same as above photo when i looked very good with a magnifying glass it was not a nana, but it looks like it is a nana..
But what if it is a nana?? take it out? or accept the risk of a (few) seeds? i dont know!
edit:

-------------

Date Posted: 13 January 2011 at 16:37
so if it is indeed a nana (we will upload some clearer pics soon), the only result is some seeds?? if so, i don't mind me some extra k.o. kush seeds!

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 13 January 2011 at 16:49
yes but the seeds will not be as good as the original and will have more and more male flowers each grow..
life is life nana nana na

-------------

Date Posted: 19 January 2011 at 01:36
hello to all! ok, so we are on day 39 of 12/12 and the ladies are not as good as we'd want them to be.. as you can see below some leaves show these yellow and dead parts.. some leaves are also a bit deformed.. our guess was that we over-fertilized them and so we flushed them 3 days ago.. we can't really tell for sure if the yellowing has subdued.. in about less than a week we plan on starting flushing them until harvest.. however we were thinking about feeding them one last time (with about half the dose we fed them last time).. do you think it's a good idea? And if that isn't enough, today we noticed a couple of tiny flying bugs inside the homebox.. they looked kind of like fleas.. what do you propose that we do? Anyway below are the pics.. we tried taking them as clearer as we could.. hope you can make something out of them.. cheers!

couldn't resist uploading some nice ones though..

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 19 January 2011 at 05:38
If you think its over ferted, dont feed it more! It does look very green. Give it just pure water for a while and see how it goes. It doesnt look anywhere near finishing so i wouldnt be in too much of a hurry to start flushing just yet. The flying bug is likely a fungus knat or thrip. I would ignore it for now but when your grow is finished be sure to clean your box up and leave it in darkness for a week, that ought to encourage whatever it is to leave. Some of your leaf damage may be down to leaving water droplets on the leaf blades. The unusual looking little tears might be thrip damage aswell. Where the leaf has been chewed on it dies but the surrounding leaf continues to grow, thats how they form.

Date Posted: 19 January 2011 at 21:06
they look like my "survival of a clone" (indoor growing, not in diaries)  give only tapwater not to much the roots need some air.
some water on the leafs made the burning on the leafs, the leaf tips that are brown are a signal that they are extra overfeeded, wait  maybe 2 weeks with feeding. You flushed, let them dry a little, then small amounts of water each time, 1 cola glass for example.
If possible you could lift the plant and fill the bottom of the pot with new soil a few centimeters. Then give water from the underside , drinking from a plate, bucket.
They are heavy overfeeded. :((
edit : insects, i do not remember this problem, if some damage is done by insects its an unknown type for me, i had triphs , spidermite , fruitflies, white flies, small crawling creeps in the soil etc.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 January 2011 at 21:25
in the beginning there were some same leaf problems, i didnt recognize insects, it might be that the damage of the middle part of the leafs come from this insects, they were not overfeeded. now they are .( i gave you a schedule..)
i hope  they will survive, no food !
 keep sending pictures next days
good luck!!

-------------

Date Posted: 24 January 2011 at 19:18
ok so we are on day 45 of 12/12 and some hairs have started to get orange.. the buds have looooads of thc and look really healthy overall. however the yellowing and dying on the leaves hasn't subdued. i am not really sure if it has got worst either.. we are still giving only water, not too little but not too much.. if it doesn't get any better the next few days we are thinking of discarding the top 1-2 inches of loose soil and giving it a good flush.. generally it is a small part of each plant that is affected and the growth doesn't seem stunted.. the plant doesn't seem to be dying as almost all of the big fan leaves look green and healthy.. anyway here are a few pics, good and bad.. cheers!

bad ones..

and good ones..

-------------
D&K

Date Posted: 24 January 2011 at 19:58
if the hairs ( hi dim) start to get orange you have not so very long to go and the problems seems to be only on the fanleafs.
My advise, give them water with a half doses (at most) do no soil change at the top( there grow no roots) i think she will survive!
i will pray for your plant and than it will be ok i guess!%3clap
for a first grow i find it good even if you have some troubles, the buds look great!last week before harvest just a little water, just a little,they will be fine.
see you later alligator..

-------------

Print Page | Close Window