Print Page | Close Window

Personal Indoor Garden - Living with sexy ladies

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Indoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your indoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7438
Printed Date: 24 August 2019 at 18:17

Topic: Personal Indoor Garden - Living with sexy ladies
Posted By: Salgado
Subject: Personal Indoor Garden - Living with sexy ladies
Date Posted: 08 October 2010 at 02:20
Here I go again:

Most of you already know me and know a lil bit of me. I have a big passion for marijuana and once you start growing it...? You just can´t stop it.
    So I want to make a continual garden. Non-stop flowering. While I'm blooming some plants I'm already preparing others too flower.
    After growing in the summer I decided I would change my growing approach because some things were not working the way I wanted. The pots I was using were too big and too heavy to work in such a small place and there was also a space conflict between the blooming plants and the vegging plants and that gave me a hell of a job.
    In order to maintain my hobby without getting tired of it I had to optimize my room which is a lil bit too small, but seeing some other growers with less conditions than me or even others that can't grow at all I think I have the perfect place.
    After making some plans I put myself into work and I changed completely the room. I now have a bigger bloom area and I still have to work on my veg area but one thing at a time. I'll show you with pics but remember that sometimes even the pics are not as representative as I would like them to be because it's impossible to take panoramic pics due to lack of space. Let's go in:

Welcome, this is the entrance:

A 1.4 m x 1.8 m x 2.4 m room that is redesigned by me.

Still haven't done all the wiring but soon will be fixed. Here's the plastic that divides the flower space from the future vegg space. It's totally light prove.

New exhaust fan ( the one I was in love withsome months ago and now I love it even more ) S & P TD 150 - Inline mixed fan capable of dealing with almost 400 cm3 in 1 hour . The air flow is supreme inside the flowering space. I even put myself inside the cab to test it.

Here's how the air gets of the the bloom space and goes directly outside through the door. I used 150 silent ducting.

I made in total 4 holes so fresh air can get in for the girls. 2 are like this. There's another one in the opposite side of the table.

And these go in the bloom space beneath the table like this.

And these are the other 2. I had to make them because the exhaust is so potent that when I turned it on the grow space seemed like an inverted balloon!

This a is a lil bit panoramic view of the bloom zone. A 0.90 m x 1.40 m x 1.80 m space.

And this is what I'll try to do in the future. I'll try to make a SOG of 45 plants in 3 L pots. ATM I only have 21 plants to start some experiments and also coz my mother was highly forgotten by me in the vacations so that's all I could take from her. There's is no more mother by now.

One more pic.

And these are the girls. 21 White Widow female cuttings right after being taken from the mother plant. I really like this strain and I'll try to buy some seeds in the future coz I love it.

And here are the clones already rooted. I like my cloning method a lot. It has not let me down yet. You can see also an oscillating fan which I'll try to change in the future coz it's too big for 45 plants but for now it's ok.

One more shot of the girls. They are under a 400W HPS lamp but honestly I'll buy a 600 W in the future too. a 400 W is not enough for the entire compartment but a 600 W is perfect. 7500 lumens per foot!

Using BioBizz All mix and BioBizz nutes. I wanted to go Coco but I still have some soil nutes so I decided to finish them first.

Temperature and Humidity as you can see.

No ferts added ATM, I'll use a water PH between 5.8 and 6.1.

I'll only use Bio Grow for Vegg and then I'll give them BioBloom and TopMax. When they are about 15 cm I'll flip the lights coz I want them to end with 30-40cm max.

Ok so this lil fella here has a funny story. I was enjoying some regions of my country and I ran out of smoke. I was given some weed and the first joint I rolled gave me a seed. I started arguing immediately thinking that the stash was shit. Well I smoked and although I was a bit drunk by that time I ended really stoned! I then imagined how could that weed be if grown properly so I kept the seed for some weeks in the fridge and when I came back I germinated it and now I'm growing it. I can tell by the look of the buds that it is heavy Indica and it's not White Widow. It is on a 0.3 L pot with BioBizz All Mix and I gave it some drinks already. I'll try to Bonsai it coz I don't have space to keep big mothers, only small ones. After this I'll flower a clone to see if I'm really lucky. Hopefully I'll see some skirts. Wish me luck.

One more shot. I'm applying some LST already to try to keep it small.

Ok so this is the beginning of a story and I hope there will be a lot to tell. I'll keep all you guys informed, I ask you to post want you want, when you want, post your opinion, discuss all the subjects in the world related and non related with marijuana, everyone can come in.

All for now brothers and sisters hope you guys are great, happy and healthy so your plants.
Sorry for not answering to sometimes although I visited the forum but I had some vacations of it!

All the best for you

Sal

-------------
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."

Replies:
Posted By: alecky
Date Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:21
Welcome back sal%3chumbs%20Up you have been a busy little beaver!Everything looks great and importantly,nice n clean!

Good luck with your grow!

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Posted By: Auto-Question-Bot
Date Posted: 08 October 2010 at 23:58
great stuff id suggest you get your humidity between 40 and 60 per cent tho but hay its your grow just keep it rollin and rollin we pics

Posted By: Proteus
Date Posted: 09 October 2010 at 03:22
Hey sal. %3coint

Date Posted: 09 October 2010 at 03:47
Cheers Proteus. How r you? Guess I'm back on track. How's that W Diesel?

-------------
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."

Date Posted: 09 October 2010 at 03:49
Originally posted by jp

<!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img",1);//-->

great stuff id suggest you get your humidity between 40 and 60 per cent tho but hay its your grow just keep it rollin and rollin we pics

I agree and disagree. 40% is a good humidity when flowering not when vegging. And I can tell you from my experience that with right ventilation with an humidity at 90% are totally safe.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 October 2010 at 03:52
lol disappearing rapidly. Every day it drys a little more and seems more tasty, In a month or two it would be really nice, shame its not going to last long enough :)

I dont think plants would stay happy for v long at 90%

Date Posted: 09 October 2010 at 04:13
Well with no ventilation thats for sure. And what I meant was a range. When I bought these WW seeds some times I had an Hum of 70% and sometimes of 90%. With 90% and no vent fungus will visit the plants. I'm weedless bro since some one month. Don't wan this happens again.

-------------

Posted By: breizh ganja
Date Posted: 09 October 2010 at 09:26
ha!! great return sal! as usual ,i will follow your comments and grow report!!
best luck!

-------------
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !

Posted By: tommylee883
Date Posted: 09 October 2010 at 14:15
sweet looking setup sal! need something like that in my house lol

Tommy

Posted By: Rastakolnikov
Date Posted: 09 October 2010 at 19:27
nice set up, look forward to watching your grow :)

-------------
Champagne for my real friends.
Real pain for my sham friends.

Date Posted: 11 October 2010 at 16:54
Thx everybody for the kind words I'll keep everyone updated pretty soon. The clones will go into 12/12 in about a week or so.

-------------

Posted By: munzy
Date Posted: 11 October 2010 at 17:02
so the portugese pirate returns welcome back sal

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 11 October 2010 at 17:13
Thank you my islander friend. Nice to see you and your green mates! By the way that's a hell of a cave   

-------------

Posted By: munzy
Date Posted: 11 October 2010 at 17:38

yes man island paradise, soon you will have too%3cool

-------------
ANDWHAT

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 13 October 2010 at 16:29
Sweet new setup there, Salgado. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of it, as I'm sure you are too!

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 06:31
What' up Ganja? It's been some time since we've talked. Hope all is good with you and the shop. The setup is going to improve in the future, although it's quite good already. Buying the extractor is well spent money. I've learned that it's better to save some money to to buy the top growing gear rather then buy cheap shit and conclude that it no good for the job and spend more in addiction to buy better stuff. Next investment will be a 600w with cooling system. That will be nearly perfect

Your right! I'm curious what kind of results I'll get. Although this time I have even better conditions I hope that the number of plants won't be enough to beat the last amount of weed I produced, but if it's good anyway it means that doing a SOG of 45 plants with a 600 w will be worth of doing. At least I'm having fun with it and with all the construction and planning. See a green future for me

By the way I would like to have your opinion. I was thinking in topping the greens. Having to big buds on each plants gets me delighted but I dunno If as the plants get a little big structure they take some light from each others. I'm going to flip them in about 2 days coz they are growing very fast now so I don't have much time to decide and one advantage that can make me toping is that I haven't got the pots covering the m2 that my 400 w can work. If you would top them how much time would you still veg them ( not forgetting I'm doing a SOG) for the 2 new top branches to support big buds? I want to get as much as I can without compromising anything.

Here's some photos of the girls:

Group shot. They are growing very fast. They were transplanted 8 days ago.

They all have about 15 cm and I decided to let them grow some more cms.

These 4 were the last ones to root and and are a bit delayed compared with the others. I'm trying to make them catch up by giving them some BioGrow and only water to the others. I think it's working.

Here's a dancing girl. The drop aspect is coz the lights were of and I had them sprayed.

Roots very healthy, white and growing fast.

And to finish here's the lil fella and how it's doin. Guess I'l top it in about a week or 2.

Thx for stopping by and for the comments you can give.

Peace

Sal

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 11:51
Hi salgado my father would agree with you,he always said we cant afford to buy cheap shit!

Plants are looking very good ive topped plants in veg and left them for a few days before before i switched to flower.I also have topped plants in the first few days of 12/12 with no apparent problems,although i have read that topping while plants in flower can stress them,maybe ive been lucky!

Maybe top half of them as a little experiment?

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 11:56
There is a technique you can use to even out clones that involves trimming the root balls all down to equal sizes, (or something%3co%20high) never had any reason to use it myself but it might be worth looking into

Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 12:59
A bonsai-loving friend was very much into trimming roots and reported good [initial] results from trying the same technique on cannabis. He had small plants in bonsai net pots, which allow the grower to snip any roots that poke through the medium/net. He seemed to think they were growing faster, though I don't know if it made much difference to the final result.

I don't think it's a method I'd try. I've always been taught to encourage and protect root growth above all else. Foliage above ground can be replaced quite quickly, but I've always been nervous about damaging roots. On principle, the roots should be similarly resilient and quick to regrow, but they're so fundamental to the plant as a whole, I'm cautious about messing with them.

If anything, the main root ball should be treated with kid gloves. Clipping the outer tips of roots is less likely to cause major stress, but I'm not sure that it would have any positive outcomes.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!

Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 15:22
Originally posted by alecky

Hi salgado my father would agree with you,he always said we cant afford to buy cheap shit!Plants are looking very good ive topped plants in veg and left them for a few days before before i switched to flower.I also have topped plants in the first few days of 12/12 with no apparent problems,although i have read that topping while plants in flower can stress them,maybe ive been lucky!Maybe top half of them as a little experiment?

Your father is right Alecky especially in this crisis time. Cheap shit s loosing money and time. I also thought topping half the plants but if in the end I recon I could had topped them all I would be unhappy. I'll wait for Ganja's advice too.

In his video, Mr. Green tops his plants one week into 12/12 and he says it works. But I guess that doing it a week or some days before should be better.

Originally posted by Proteus

There is a technique you can use to even out clones that involves trimming the root balls all down to equal sizes, (or something%3c3co%3c20high) never had any reason to use it myself but it might be worth looking into

Wouldn't this technique promote faster development after the plant recovers?

Originally posted by Ganja

A bonsai-loving friend was very much into trimming roots and reported good [initial] results from trying the same technique on cannabis. He had small plants in bonsai net pots, which allow the grower to snip any roots that poke through the medium/net. He seemed to think they were growing faster, though I don't know if it made much difference to the final result.I don't think it's a method I'd try. I've always been taught to encourage and protect root growth above all else. Foliage above ground can be replaced quite quickly, but I've always been nervous about damaging roots. On principle, the roots should be similarly resilient and quick to regrow, but they're so fundamental to the plant as a whole, I'm cautious about messing with them.If anything, the main root ball should be treated with kid gloves. Clipping the outer tips of roots is less likely to cause major stress, but I'm not sure that it would have any positive outcomes.

In terms of Bonsais I've read that trimming root balls can be used to recover plants in some bad conditions, renewing the root system revitalizes the plant.

I also read that doing this helps to keep the plants small. Of course you might have read this info too coz it's on the net.

I'm not disagreeing with you Ganja. Not at all. Just including some points of view to the debate. I respect more your opinion than anyone else's.

What do you think about topping my plants?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 15:38
Maybe better not to. If you're doing a relatively large number of plants in a small space, then the extra space required by topped plants may become impractical in the later stages of flowering.

In general, a topped indoor plant will not necessarily produce more bud than a single-stemmed. There are cases where a double-stemmed indoor plant will produce slightly more than if it had been kept to one stem, but in cases of 4 or 8-stemmed plants, this is usually not the case.

The advantage of topping is more often seen outdoors (where space and light penetration are not so much of a problem). Indoors, the advantage of multi-stem plants usually comes from using one root system to create a plant that fills a full cubic metre or two. In this case, extra veg time is important for root growth and above ground foliage to reach full potential before flowering is initiated.

Since these are clones, you could top up to five of them to test whether the individual mother plant responds well to topping and whether the extra yield, if any, is worth the extra space the topped plants will take up.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 15:46
Thx for the answer. Just one more. I decided to let the plants grow 20 cm high instead of the previous 15 cm and then flower them. Should I wait for them all to get this tall, top 5 and change the light cycle immediately or should I wait a day or too giving the topped ones some nutes so they can catch up the others?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 15:47
I'm thinking that perhaps should I top the most developed ones so they'll be fairly even?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 16:14
Topping the most developed ones might give an inaccurate view of whether topping really improves yield, as these ones already have potential to outweigh the smaller ones.

Maybe select a couple of the biggest to top and leave a couple of others the same size in order to test the method.

If you're going to top, best to do it now to allow the new shoots to regrow before everything is put into flower.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 16:36
It's done. I'll give the topped ones some feed so the shots can grow quickly in a few days. Don´t have much time left though, maybe a couple of days only. They are about 17 cm more or less and growing fast.

I'll keep this updated.

Thx Ganja have a nice day.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2010 at 19:06
i topped the smallest plant i have and now at a visual look its as big as the rest, ill let all know in my final page in skunk 1 grow

Posted By: snoopy85
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 19:43
your clones look strong so topping is the best for them in anyway...up to 4 times more yield I think but dont set too early to flower ... a special hint to your ww grow...they love 24 degrees day and night so if you can set down it would be great

Date Posted: 16 October 2010 at 01:00
Thx for the tips Snoopy

-------------

Date Posted: 16 October 2010 at 01:45

4 times more yeild from topping i dont think so some how it really not make any difference at all or a little where did you get that from snoop????

Date Posted: 16 October 2010 at 23:43
Update:

Doing this because today is day 1 of flower cycle for my plants. They are 20 cm tall in average so can wait no more. I'll do weekly updates but I'll open exceptions if there's a motive to.

Let's go to business:

Supports for them plants. A lil bit of "education" was needed coz they were getting insubordinate in terms of growing. The zip ties were applied not to tight so the stem may develop with no problems.

A photo with the light on showing the girls are with a fairly even height.

A family photo. I reorganized the pots so there are some space between them now. I still have some space to relocate them under 1m2 the lamp can cover. Some of them are showing they could be given some N. I'll give them tomorrow less then half dosage, maybe 25% only due to my recent suspections of Biobloom being a very nice stretcher.

Some of the smaller and lower branches were taken off. They were not getting much light so I decided to do it. The main goal is to grow big main colas and not some popcorn buds. This procedure will continue in the future and some more branches might be taken too.

To finish the smaller specimen. Looking good and happy.

It has some side branches getting big, no feeds yet and still very green. Can't wait to know wether it's a girl or not. I'm thinking when I'll top it I'm going try to root the leftover and if it roots I'll flower it. Don't want to flower the mother and then reveg it coz it might get too big for a Bonsai.

Nice weekend to you all.

Sal

-------------

Date Posted: 17 October 2010 at 01:09
look s good pal 1 idea keep ya hygrometer at the level of the tops of your plants not the bottom, it will give false reading sitting on soil for humidity and lower the heat rading to so in line with tops is best, ive mad a stand out of wood single peice up 2 across bottom nail in top and hang hygrometer on it and also another peoice of wood with drill holes to raise it with plant growth

Date Posted: 23 October 2010 at 17:26
Hi all, update.

Day 8 of 12/12

Plants are big. The non-topped ones are the biggest, with about 45 cm all. I wish I haven't topped the others coz they are some days delayed wether in height or in pistils. For this kind of grow this is not a good option, especially because if I'm going to have 45 plants in that space they'll have to be smaller and they can't be topped coz they try to use space they simply don't have.
     I gave the topped plants a lil bit more of BioGrow than the others: non-topped 1ml/l and topped 1.5ml. This is only to try to get them back in shape compared to the others.
     Beside BioGrow they were given 1ml of BioBloom and 1 ml of TopMax / L.
     They seem a lil bit bright on the main top maybe because the low temps we're having at night. The days are still sunny and warm but it gets pretty cold at night. I think it's still not time to put an heater or something because the lowest temp at night inside the cab is 18ºC so I think it's still nice although they seem to notice it.
     These are the news for the flowering plants so let's talk a little about the small one: bigger, healthy and topped for the first time. It was 10 cm tall since the first set of leaves so I decided to do it and actually she reacted pretty well to it. Did it last night and it was lovely today. Gave a lil feed this week 50% dosage still watering with 5.8 PH.
     One thing that got my attention on the small one is that it has few smell or no smell at all. Only when I rub the leaves the smell seems to exist bit it's very very soft. Let's see if I have a surprise in the future. One more thing about it is that in one internode seems to have a a small pre-flower with something weird one t and I don't to say it's a pistil ( wish I could say it now ) but I tried to observe it better with a magnifying glass but I couldn't conclude anything. Still have to wait.

Pics now:

The brighter part seems clear although nothing to worry about.

Had to level the pots so they are almost at the same height.

Example of a topped plant.

Pic of a nice pistil.

One more.

The flower starting to form

And to finish,

Here's how she looks.

Nice weekend to all.

Sal.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 October 2010 at 00:50
Day 14 of 12/12

Plants are stretchy bitches . Some of them are about 80 cm! Didn't expect them to grow this much. The stretching hasn't finished yet and adding the size of the tops I wonder how tall they'll get. Of course the non topped plants are smaller in height and I still give some BioGrow to these ones to see if they can grow more because the leveling is getting difficult.

The flowers seem very nice. Lots of pistils and the smell in the room is starting to get "green". In a week or so I'm going to cut some of the lower branches again. Still have some branches that are not worth of it. Time passes slow...

I passed some time checking my plants if they are ok and I found some thrip damage and then I found one. How do these motherf**ks get into my garden every time? Can there be eggs in the soil? They really annoy me. way more than the fungus bastards. for these just some sticky traps are enough. When I find some spider I'll give them my flower room as a new home!

Girls are drinking 500 ml every 4 days but I'll increase it to 550 ml to some of them coz there's no run off. The PH now is 6.2 in every watering. On the next feed I'll check also the run off and see how it is.

Now about the small plant: It is showing lots of stress. The main stem and the leaves stems are very purple. It did not like at all to be topped and it has almost no smell. Can this absence of smell mean something?
Is it a low quality plant that should be discarded? Or is this simple a different strain which has nothing to be with my white widow? I wish it was because the plant already has... female flowers! Impressive!

I used to put it for some hours under the HPS so I could save some energy and maybe this is why the pre flower have grown. Also stress might be a reason for this. I was suspecting it already and I guess I wrote about it last update but now I am sure these are female flowers. The leaves are super indica, fat blades and beautiful. I'm going to repot it to a bigger pot soon.

If it can produce some quality weed the plant will represent a nice story.

Pics

Lights on.

Lights off.

Buds :)

They are getting nice.

They never get big :|

They are stretched but I love them.

Last one.

The small and most likely... girl.

High levels of stress. "She" is mad with me :(

A nice leaf.

And to finish the excellent news,

Pistils! :)

Nice weekend to you all people

Health and peace,

Sal.

-------------

Posted By: snoopy85
Date Posted: 31 October 2010 at 20:03
nice grow again...I hope I can start mine next months and get new cam...my feckin problem is that its hard to get seeds where I live and clones ar

Date Posted: 03 November 2010 at 03:48
Looking forward to see a grow of yours Snoopy.

Any considerations about my small specimen?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 November 2010 at 16:21
Hello all,

Day 21 of 12/12,

Plants are doing really well. The stretch has almost stopped, some of them are almost 100 cm high! This means stretching 500%!

The are getting resinous and that beautiful sugar smell characteristic from WW is starting to develop. I keep smelling them by the way.

They are gonna get today only water today, there's still no nute burn. After this watering 2/3 of feeding will go on.

I'm more confident now then I was some days ago about how much they could yield. Don't know if they'll do as good as the last ones but they'll do good for sure.

There's really not much to say about the flowering plants. They are nice so only time needs to pass.

The small plant is still stressed and a lil nute disordered. No smell and even my girlfriend askes me if it will be worth of it. I can't answer that question now...

Pics

Group photo

A nice bud

Resin on its way

Last one.

Small one.

A lil Problem I'll try to solve as soon as possible.

Nice weekend to all.

Health and peace

Sal

-------------

Date Posted: 06 November 2010 at 16:28
looks great pal

Date Posted: 06 November 2010 at 18:56
Thx JP. Lately I've been considering some strains to buy. Purple Haze and some other stuff came into my mind but a lil too expensive for now. So I thought about buying some SuperSkunk fem but I couldn't make up my mind when I saw your Skunks!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 November 2010 at 01:58
really easy no problems no tip burn or yellowing lovely and green even the first sets of leaves on my first grow so easy strain jst look at my latest pics i cant say a bad word  just dont let em strecth 1 of mine did  way out of sorts lots of crystals, ill be rollin with the blog so keep checkin

Date Posted: 07 November 2010 at 06:20
Hey sal great job man%3c3chumbs%3c20Up its getting exciting now!I cant wait to see how this set up does, ive often wondered,lots of small plants or a few big ones??%3c3cackoBut we will know soon!

Dont give up on the little one yet!It may have a bit of light stress from being under different lights at different times?Maybe?

I dont think it looks bad at all and will only get better after the repot.

Edit; Is the little one a seed plant or a clone?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 November 2010 at 14:53
Hey Alecky! I 'm getting tired of waiting. Still more then 40 days to finish but it will be worth of it!

SOG and SCROG if done correctly will improve yield for sure. I'm afraid this grow I'm doing won't be conclusive at all because plants are too big to be called SOG IMO and I'm not using all space available coz I didn't have more clones.

I'm only using this method because it's a pain in the ass for me to work with big opts like 11L ones in such a small place. I can´t take the pots from the grow room and it's exterior to the house so no privacy at all plus the plants would be in contact with my lil garden and I don't want that.

The small plant is stressed because I topped it. It didn't like it at all. It was from a seed I found in a bud offered from a friend. I'm only growing it because the weed got me stoned although the plant has no smell at all. When I touch my Widows and when I touch it the difference is ridiculous.

As it has females pre-flowers plus the high I got when I smoke it I'm gonna give it a try.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 November 2010 at 15:13
Hello everyone,

Day 29 of 12/12:

Gonna start with some bad news this time. The small plant has several nutrient disorders. It seems to have an Nitro, Potassium and Calcium/Phosphorus defs. And as I've fed it sometimes I don't think the reason it's lack of nutrients. I've transplanted it into an 1L pot with BioBizz all mix.

I think I know what is happening. The plant was germinated in coco. And when I was giving it pH 5.8 water all was good. SInce some waterings I've changed it to 6.2 and I guess that is why problems are appearing. Lat watering I've already changed again to 5.8 to see what happens.
I'm not that worried because I don't see much future in this plant but learn from mistakes...

The bloom plants are doing good. The smell is getting more amazing every day that passes. When go to the room to treat my plants the smell gets into my clothes and it's very intense. Sometimes in the next day the smell is still present. I had to tied some ropes to keep them from bending so more light can penetrate to the bottom and I've tried again to keep them even in height so the light reaches equal to all of them. Now they are more organized in the flowering space.

Stretching has stopped some days ago, frankly enough of stretching! The bigger ones are higher than 1 m and I've taken off some of the lower branches gain. They could have been exactly with this structure if if I have had flipped the lights earlier.

Curiously there were no tip burn until I've watered them only with water. Once only water was given a slight slight tip burn appeared in some leaves of some plants. Not all are showing tip burns. Any way I'll reduce nutrients for less than 2/3 of the recommended in the schedule.

Some plants, the topped ones are drinking more water now than the others. Perhaps because they are a little bit more bushy. 2 of them are with some nice big tops and that's why they are more thirsty then others.
This is good and bad for me because I now have to change the watering cycle. Sometimes I water 6 plants only and this takes me lots of time in the overall process. It's gonna worth it I know.

Humidity has really increased in last few days. So I might consider switching the extract for more time. It's also caused by exterior humidity. Last week weather is rainy and heavily rainy.

I've order some SuperSkunk. 5 fem seeds for my next grow. Gonna try to keep a good mother, or even two to take clones for future grows. They will arrive in a near future and will be germ as soon as they come.
I observe my current grow and I want to make better SOGs but I wonder how would that space be with a nice and perfectly done SCROG. I have 45 3L pots to make 45 small plants but the idea of making 80 big tops with only 4 or 5 plants came into my mind, especially with each top weighting 5 or 6 grams. Interesting.

Pics now:

Smaller one - overall plant look.

The problems - pic 1

Pic 2

And pic 3

General view

The structure and height

Bud pic 1

Bud pic 2

Bud pic 3

And bud pic 4

Nice weekend to all

Health and peace

Sal.

-------------

Posted By: martiniGR
Date Posted: 13 November 2010 at 19:29
You grow with BioBizz products
The best biological weaponsystem in the weedworld,
Topmax is perfect but the price..%3cmbarrass%3cd
You almost need to be a millionair to use that system in my opinion.

-------------
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL

Date Posted: 14 November 2010 at 04:50
0.5L BioBloom costed 8 € and 0.5L Topmax costed 17 €. Not expensive I think.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 November 2010 at 06:48
Pic 1 looks like a water splash thats burned under the lights, pics 2&3 look v similar to the early stages of the necrotic spots i have on my leafs. If it is the same its going to spread, check carefully for pests, they may be extremely small. I dunno what to suggest for the blight, i would be interested to know myself cause atm i am just removing leafs as they become too far gone and hoping to outgrow it. I would deffo keep that plant away from all the others. Whats your humidity like?

Date Posted: 14 November 2010 at 08:13
I guess i paid some 18-19 euros for 1 liter topmax, at their own BBshop!
some years ago.
Special

-------------
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 00:26

Pic 1 looks like a water splash thats burned under the lights, pics 2&3 look v similar to the early stages of the necrotic spots i have on my leafs. If it is the same its going to spread, check carefully for pests, they may be extremely small. I dunno what to suggest for the blight, i would be interested to know myself cause atm i am just removing leafs as they become too far gone and hoping to outgrow it. I would deffo keep that plant away from all the others. Whats your humidity like?

I found a pic you posted in my old thread of a WDiesel and there's seems to be the same thing in the leaves as in my small plant. I checked for bugs and didn't find nothing unless 1 or 2 gnats.

Do you recommend to take the small one from the room?

The humidity is very low, sometimes when the exhaust fan is working hum gets about 47%. I know it's a bit low for the plant but ATM I can't do better than this.

Strange, the plant was doing very well.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 00:31
humidity between 40 and 60 per cent is fine
my humidty goes from 36 to 71 at times

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 04:19
Originally posted by Salgado

I checked for bugs and didn't find nothing unless 1 or 2 gnats.

Do you recommend to take the small one from the room?

The humidity is very low, sometimes when the exhaust fan is working hum gets about 47%.

Maybe you could get some fungicide on it? I dunno what to suggest tho. If it is some sort of blight it will spread from leaf to leaf and plant to plant, but what carrys it i dont know. I believe it is connected to thrips in my case. Im not going to advise you on this :) cause i dont want to waste your plant if i am wrong, but what i will do is try and get some pictures of what i have going on and put them up here for you to look at. When you say you found one or two gnats, are you sure they arnt adult flying thrips ? :) i dont know how you tell the difference. Laval thrips are extremely tiny and easy to miss. Until you know what this is, low humidity is probably desirable.

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 04:42
Well I can´t tell the difference too. Don't know if they're adult thrips. Might be because I have some thrips in the flower plants but these have no problem at all ATM. I don't recon much quality in the small plant and as I'm going to get new seeds next week I don't want to put them in danger.

What is concerning me is that this blight stuff can get into the flowering girls and that scares me.

Can this blight shit move through air?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 04:46

Here you go sal :)

Check the lower yellow leaf and the brown dots. I would say it's the same shit!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 04:52
Yes, its either fungi, bacteria or plant virus. If you know you have thrips, then i will go out on a limb and say thats why the lower leaves are yellow and that pic is probably the very early stages of disease of some sort. Two weeks will prove me right or wrong. :p

Edit: lol im having trouble winding my memory back to then. I think i had screwed up some other way with that plant but yes it does look similar. I cant remember what i did to it, but its friends were even worse looking as i remember, water on the leafs maybe. I dont think thats thrip dmg but tbh it might be :) BTW just out of interest, thats the plant i took a cutting from and entered into the grow diary comp. Look how thick the stalk was from seed compared to what i grew, i think maybe it didnt like being dwarfed into a mom.

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 06:50
Well still dunno what to do. I have some plants in the garden that seem to have some sort of disease. Can this spread into the grow room? Checked right now on the net and I never saw an adult thrips in my garden. Only those white ones living at the leaves.

ATM I don't have a fan blowing into the small one. Can this be the reason for this "fungus"?

One question to anyone who can answer: I haven't fed my plants with BioBloom since I flipped the lights. They have a beautiful color and they don't seem to miss it. Although they are looking good can this affect and slow down bud growth?

Proteus I'll see your album tomorrow and I'll compare the difference.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 07:59
cold nights maybe, stress, no disease, no insects
%3coint
The leaf stems are also red, i would say cold nights

-------------

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 13:47
exampel of a clone with the same stress problem...
She stood to hot without having roots

-------------

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 17:29
i try again to get the foto..%3ctern%20%3cmile

-------------

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 17:34
problem solved!
The clone was in a propagator (greenhouse) in the 12/12 room for 12 hours under a 600w bulb about 50 cm, i thought it would be ok because of enough water in the propagator, but it wasn't..
Same colors as on your foto

-------------

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 21:07
After a pretty careful inspection I haven´t found one single bug in the small plant. The other plants have some thrips but I checked on the net to see how a adult flying thrip is looked like and Never saw one yet the garden.

Really think in giving up the small one. What is becoming an heavy preoccupation for me is the fact that I haven' fed the plants with Bio Bloom since 12/12.

I gently ask Ganja, Farmer Mick, Proteus, and Munzy to evaluate the situation and tell me if this decision is and can compromise buds.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 22:35

Was it very small, like tiny tiny and almost milk white? Thats what i see on my leafs. Even if you didnt see it, an adult flying thrip is how they got in :p Even if you kill the small one, you still must address the thrips now or it will get worse.

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 22:45
Ok so I'm in midle of 4th week of flowering. What do you suggest me to apply on the pants? I have a Organic pesticide but honestly I don't want to use it now.

What do you think about that issue I posted about BioBloom?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 23:06
What is becoming an heavy preoccupation for me is the fact that I haven' fed the plants with Bio Bloom since 12/12.

Never used bio bloom but it looks to be approximately equivalent to canna flores, if its a flowering formula and your plants are flowering, then use it :) i dont see why you wouldnt?

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 23:07
Damn I wrote it wrong!!! It's not BioBloo its BioGrow. Sorry Proteus!!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 November 2010 at 23:11
Well i dunno m8 i have never used it, what do the instructions say? I use vega during veg and flores once flowering is in full swing . What is the NPK of bloom?

Date Posted: 16 November 2010 at 03:16
Ok so BioGrow 8-2-6 and BioBloom is 2-6-3.5. Now I think I should be feeding them with the Grow because it's high on K.

What you think?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2010 at 04:31
I think if your plants are flowering then you should use the flowering forumla If you think your bloom ferts are out of balance, use another brand :p  Im pretty sure that when your plants are budding they want less N and more P than the grow bottle is giving them. Use the bloom, do you even need to ask? %3co%20high

Date Posted: 16 November 2010 at 04:56
The thing I've noticed now is Potassium in BioGrow is higher than in the Bloom. Not worried about N. Plants seem good in N.

More than 1 month sleeping 3-4hrs each night! I'm getting crazy! Need Xmas vacation and weed!!!!! :)

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2010 at 08:52
Succes with your advanced   grow!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 November 2010 at 09:20

As far as i know all of that has been caused by thrips, it starts a s asmall brown mark and just eats the whole leaf. Look at the top pic, the leaf on the right looks almost healthy apart from one small spot, but that leaf is already dead, it just hasnt realised yet.

Date Posted: 17 November 2010 at 10:26
i dont see any thrips-sh*t on the leafs,

-------------

Date Posted: 17 November 2010 at 20:02
Hmm, impressive. Never had that kind of reaction in leaves caused by thrips. I know I have them but that has never happened, until now.

That blight shit is also different the small one's. It's really more looked like that WD you had.

In fact the blight growth rate seems to have decreased in past few days. Hope I'm not wrong but gonna wait some more days to see what happens.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 00:07
Well if its not thrips then i would love to hear what it is. I have watched that spread from one corner of the tent, leaf to leaf.

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 00:41
I've been around my garden in the terrace and some of my pepper plants seem to have similar problem. Maybe thrips are not the reason for this. Maybe some kind of fly or other shit. Air propagation could be a reason but if it is I wonder why none of the flowering plants have this. I'll explain:

I access to my grow room from the balcony. The air intake comes from the balcony. Then it passes right through the place where the small plant is located. After this it enters the flowering area. So in this order the flowering ones should be with this problem also. Of course I'm just suggesting, I'm not sure too. As I've said before its growth rate seems to have slowed down.

I can assure that even on the last Widows I had there were thrips but no leaf damage like that.

Firstly I was thinking that it could be a PH mess coz I have 2 mediums in the small one but now I think it could be a disease. I've been searching about blight propagation but I haven't found anything.

Do you have any plants at home showing some of these symptoms?   

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 00:50
put some mesh connected to fan so insects can get in sal
play it safe

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 00:53
Checked some things now. The problems in your leaves can be caused by thrips as you think Proteus. Honestly that has never happened with me.

Also checked some things about blight and it can spread through the wind in rainy and humid conditions.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 00:55
I have a mesh JP but bloody insects can get in when I open and close the door for instance.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 01:01
lol fookers aint they ive just updated pics on skunk1 grow sal go take a look

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 01:08
"The air intake is comes the balcony"

Thats how i got this, drawing air in from outside. In the summer it was the only way to keep my grow going, but as soon as autumn came the problems came with it. I think my thai was particularly suseptable and allowed the problem to get established :(

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 01:13
As I don't have any signs of thrips in the sick plant, I assume now that this can be the reason for the problem. Do you have plants in the exterior of the grow room?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 01:31

Nope everything is in my tent. I had a double layer of mesh over my intake aswell and it didnt stop them getting in.

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 01:39
If the situation doens't improve I'm thinkin in taking the plant off and clean the whole place! New seeds are coming!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 01:45

Also checked some things about blight and it can spread through the wind in rainy and humid conditions.

Yeah and drying the tent out slows it right down. I am actually using my heat exhaust to heat the room the tent is in, im growing at a nice 28 degrees or so now. Its deffo helped but new leafs are still falling victim. :(

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 01:47

Yeah and drying the tent out slows it right down. I am actually using my heat exhaust to heat the room the tent is in, im growing at a nice 28 degrees or so now. Its deffo helped but new leafs are still falling victim. :(

LOL listen. I've increased in the last days the heat ventilator I have in the room coz nights are getting cold and it seemed less agressive!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 01:48
What temps do you get with lights off?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 01:53

Left alone it would be around 15 degrees i expect, but i run a dehymidifier in the dark cycle :) its also cold enough now that i would have the heating on in the day aswell. Without the dehumidifier it regularly gets well over 70% Scary :p

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 02:00
Here it's getting very cold too. I'm using the heater for 15min every 2 hours and I get a temp of 17 lights off.

Gonna increase tomorrow to 15 every hour to see what happens

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 06:00
Hey lads intresting reading,ive had similiar problems too,i always put it down to my neglect or thrips.

What ive noticed is that it never happens to my plants in veg,only flowering.Maybe this is because if the thrips infect the soil in the early stages,they are well established and causing damage by mid flowering?

Proteus your thai is in there a long time and you say it seems more susciptible to the damage,maybe its soil is now a breeding ground for the feckers,they would be well established by now??

Ive seen a product called "Gnat Off" anyone used it?

Ive shut down and cleaned/disenfected my grow room and repainted it in an effort to get rid of the mites.Maybe it is blight as you say,on next grow i will spray one plant with a fungicide and see if it remains unaffected.

Also i didnt have any damage of this kind on the plant i grew outdoors.Dont know if thats significant or not!!%3c3co%3c20high

Anyway on the whole, everything is looking fantastic Sal you will have lots of buds soon!!%3c3chumbs%3c20UpIt will certainly be a Happy Christmas for you!!%3c3cool

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 11:42
Originally posted by alecky

Proteus your thai is in there a long time and you say it seems more susciptible to the damage,maybe its soil is now a breeding ground for the feckers,they would be well established by now??

Yeah but i be damned if im going to give up on that plant now after the amount of electricity its cost. Its growing buds, they are very small buds but they will get vaped :) The source of the problem was definately the corner where the thai pot is.

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 20:12
This is the shit I have in the exterior. This might have spread to the plant indoor.

Can thrips infect soil? Didn't know the bastards live in the soil too! I never used Gnat off, the sticky traps seem to control pretty well the problem.

I hope Xmas will be good Alecky. Very good in fact! Tired to wait seeing the plants fattening up!!!   

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 23:48

Thats just some random pic i found, just as an example.

Date Posted: 19 November 2010 at 00:36
Wow in fact these lil bastards live also in soil! So what if apply some neem oil to soil?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 November 2010 at 14:50
Update:

Don't have any pics of my small plant and I'm really thinking what to do with it. New SuperSkunk seeds arrived yesterday and they will be germinated tomorrow. I'll do the tissue method and then I'll put them in some peat pellets. I would like to try rockwool. Seems great.

Flowering plants seem good, watered them with some BioGrow too because it's very high in K and I think plants are missing some N. still watering with 2/3 dosage and as 5 week of flowering begins today I hope to see the buds grow a lot from now on.

Temps are a bit low so I increased heating ad I think this has caused the small one's disease to slow down. Have to decide pretty soon what to do with her. Damn! I'll try to buy some fungicide and see if it works. If not it might be put aside the room so others can get in.

Don't have much to say.

Pics taken yesterday day 35th of 12/12

Ok so waiting them to get big. Hop to have a great end of 2010.

All for now nice weekend

Peace and health to everyone

Sal

-------------

Date Posted: 21 November 2010 at 06:29
Nice one sal looking good!%3chumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 21:04
Thx Alecky. I have some good expectations!

Check what I found:

I was admiring my plants to day and I saw a strange thing on a lower top. I squeezed it and I realize I smashed a seed!!! How can it be possible??? Don't have any males in my room, no polen. Only by the wind I suppose! Male plants in the neighborhood LOL!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 22:34
MAJOR SHIT!!! What at first seemed something funny and curious now is getting really terrible and maybe a disaster! I've found more than 10 seeds forming on the buds! I almost want to slap my plants even though it's not their fault!

Makes sense October passed and polen must have been brought by the wind!

Any idea of what I should do? Don't want seeds just bud

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2010 at 00:32
ya got sensi super skunk sal i dropped mine in rockwool a couple of dayz ago lookin forward to the grow and smoke

Date Posted: 23 November 2010 at 00:33

MAJOR SHIT!!! What at first seemed something funny and curious now is getting really terrible and maybe a disaster! I've found more than 10 seeds forming of buds! I almost want to slap my plants even though it's not their fault!

Makes sense October passed and polen must have been brought by the wind!

Any idea of what I should do? Don't want seeds just bud
the seeds could be fem sal keep hold and grow pal  

Date Posted: 23 November 2010 at 01:18
Bro you not getting it. Forget the Superskunk. It's still in the fridge. Some of my flowering plants have SEEDS!!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2010 at 05:03
Shit sal thats a strange one!!Have you checked all the plants to see if there is any male pods lurking?Maybe you have a hermie growing among the females.

It's not ideal but not the end of the world either,you will still get bud to smoke and some seeds too! Who knows what might come out of those seeds!

Out of interest, are the cuttings you have from a feminised seed mother,and if so do you think this has any bearing on it?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2010 at 13:08
Impossible . No male plants. Only had 3 in my garden till January or February. The cuttings were from a regular seed. No fem. I flowered the mother to know the sex. The cuttings mother is female for sure.

I'm sure there were growing cannabis in the area!!!!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window