Forum Name: Indoor Growing
Forum Discription: Questions and answers about indoor cultivation
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5834
Printed Date: 18 August 2019 at 01:23

Topic: What's with the red stems?
Posted By: Timid_Fox
Subject: What's with the red stems?
Date Posted: 03 August 2009 at 21:37
We have 3 baby sensi skunk vegetating (8 days under lights) and the stems to the top sets of leaves on two of the plants are a pinky red colour. We've read elsewhere on the site that this is characteristic of some strains, is this the case with our sensi skunk or do we have a problem? Any comments would be really appreciated. %3crea%3cy

Replies:
Posted By: alecky
Date Posted: 03 August 2009 at 23:32

Hi timid,i think this change in colour is from low temps at night and it wont do ur plants any harm.Im new to this too and probably wrong!Someone here will know for sure.

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 04 August 2009 at 02:12
I don't think it is a problem to worry over... they may be a little stressed.

It's a while since I cracked seed, but my Sensi Skunk clones do the same when I move them from the t4's to the hps.

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 04 August 2009 at 03:39
thanks for the responses. much appreciated!

Posted By: Compassion club
Date Posted: 04 August 2009 at 23:44
The plants are just 8 day's in veg or are they just 8 days old? Could be a couple things, Usually if the stocks start turning purple it can be strain, such as in BlueBerry, if the bottom leafs are getting ruff dead edges and starting to yellow, then it can be ph which may be locking out potassium. A ph of 5.8-6.5 is necessary to allow the potassium to be more up taken by the plant. If its cold problem the leaf's would turn purple, but it doesn't sound like that. Are they in soil, have you been feeding them, extra phosphorus in veg will turn stocks purple, but creates a shorter stocker plant. If you just transplanted them under strong light they could have used up what nutrients they had and just need some more. Plants use potassium for their immune system and require then nitrogen or phosphorus, so a feed ratio of 3-2-5 for veg in soil should fix the problem. But keep the ppm around 400-600 max and feed every watering. Take care

Date Posted: 05 August 2009 at 02:05
the plants are 9 days in veg. thanx

Print Page | Close Window