Print Page | Close Window

Multi-Strain Perpetual Farming

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Indoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your indoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5317
Printed Date: 15 November 2019 at 12:25

Topic: Multi-Strain Perpetual Farming
Posted By: Solidopc
Subject: Multi-Strain Perpetual Farming
Date Posted: 06 February 2009 at 02:02

Here we go. First coco attempt for me. Well coco and perlite. Really hoping this goes well. If it does i might give up soil for good.

So. To start, i thought i'd go easy and just try two fem seeds in coco, using a 70/30 coco/perlite mix. The seeds were germinated in root riot cubes and potted tonight once they had both broken the surface.

Both are in 3 litre pots, which they'll stay in until there final pot into 10-12litre pots for flowering.

I flushed the coco through before putting the root cubes in, with 2 litres of tap water each, with 1ml of canna coco a+b added to each two litres, plus 1ml per litre of regen-a-root. This gave an EC of 0.64. I ph'd the water to 5.84 for the first plant, and 5.81 for the second. My ph metre is quite sensitive, so i didn't think the extra 0.1-0.4 over 5.8 really mattered. Or does it? LoL.

Anyway, they are all sorted now, and are in the veg area under a 125watt blue spec enviro with my ukcheese cut. I'll see how they take to the feeding i gave them, and increase/decrease depending. My tap water was 0.29 when i tested tonight, so i've added 0.35 extra of food. But they are still in the root riots which has a little, so i think it should be good.

Here are a few pics. First, the two together on my step. Second is the mendocino ch9 flower, and thirdly, if you can see it, is the sweet affie. It's just breaking the surface now behind a bit of perlite.

Any comments and/or advice is appreciated. Peace, Solid.

P.S. Don't know if the pics will work.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Replies:
Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 06 February 2009 at 02:23
Hello Solid,

Nice to see you and with a new log to boot. As far as substrates go, I think coco/perlite is the bees knees. I'm sure you will enjoy growing with it.

Unfortunately, I can't see any pics... hope that you can get that sorted.

Cheers,

sara lou %3ceed%20leaf

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Posted By: bartmanuk
Date Posted: 06 February 2009 at 16:54
hows it going solid? sounds good dude, i cant see any pics either %3c3co%3c20high

im glad youve done this, as im still thinking about it, and didnt realise perlite was still needed for coco, lol.

whats the genetics of these two strains mate?
do i remember you saying the sweet afghani is a black dom?

im making a short list for some 100% indicas, and not sure what way to go yet, i want something with a blow your head off knock you out couch lock stone, and something with incredible flavour and aroma, but doesnt have to blow your head off, lol.

BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

-------------
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene

Posted By: Nemo
Date Posted: 06 February 2009 at 20:32
It's aliiiiive...

Good to see a Solid grow thread running again.

It'll take a lot to shift me from using soil but will see how this goes. I know you're very taste and smell orientated like me, so be interesting to see your opinion moving away from soil.

BM - don't know if I just got a particularly potent one but that affie#1 I had was absolutely the 100% indi knock you on your ass couch lock for me. I've missed it since I ran out.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds/ - Sensi's collection of http://sensiseeds.com/indoor/1s25.html - Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned

Date Posted: 06 February 2009 at 23:12
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes this should be an interesting one.

As for the pics, i tried linking them from somewhere else in the first post, which didn't work. Then i uploaded them to my post, and tried to post it, but the sensi site just went down all night, and i could not get back on allnight. I shall try again now.

BM - You don't have to use perlite with coco. I just have loadsof it about as i allways add extra to my soil. I've read that coco/perlite is a bit better than just straight coco, but i'd not care if i didn't have any perlite about, and coco would work just fine on its own.

tAs for the strains the sweet afghani is indeed black domina in fem version renamed by another company. (where's the black dom fems sensi!). It definatly hits the mark as a couch lock stone, though i find ukcheese left 12 weeks more stuperfying. I've noticed two main phenos from the 8 females i've grown of this strain. One stays very squat, with extremely tight internodes, and doesn't even double insize in flowering. It's not a big yielder, but the buds are rock hard, with a yellow/golden tinge, and have a lovely lemony hash smell and taste. I'm hoping the coco can improve the yield of this one.

The other pheno is a taller plants, with much more side branching. This will double in sizemaybe more and yields well. The smell and taste is just straight hashy, and the buds dark green.

As for the ch9 flower. It's the same sort of strain as Nemos CC. It has a choice of pollen fathers. Thbe mother used is one of mendos elite cali cuts, he just calls ch9 apprently. The possible poleen donors are ERSB, Jack Herer and Power Plant. This one is supposed to have a very fresh, sweet fruity smell and taste, with skuny undertones "reminisant of the best northern californian flowers", it quotes. Still not grown one of these to harvest, due to the male i had and the other being the spidermites best friend. But i keep hearing good things about his other ch9 gear, so i thought i'd give it a pop.

It will be interesting to see how the taste is affected. I will be flushing with either AN final phase or canna flush for at least two weeks. I think it can worj out perfectly, as i've smoked some amazing bud grown on hydro before. Just need to make sure it's flushed out well.

Anyway, that's about it i think. I'll try the pics again now. Both in the first, ch9 flower in the second, and black dom in the third if you can see it. It's well out the soil today, and both are basking in the light of my beautiful and clean veg room, LOL.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 07 February 2009 at 02:22

Right, found out a little more about the ch9 plant used as the mother. Caught up with mendo/ch9 at another forum and asked what it was.

Apprently it's a mother plant they selected from their own breeding programs, and has a mazar-i-shariff background lineage. He says it's brings a nice branching structure to the plant, aswell as a quick flowering time presumably. As this is the closet of his strains to the ed rosenthal max49.

So there we have it, it's a mazar-i-shariff crossed with either ersb, jh or pp. I'm hoping jh.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 07 February 2009 at 22:07
nice one solid,
do you know if the sweet afghani is a selfed black dom or have they used something else? i think this will be one of my choices to try 1st seeing as its in fem.

BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

-------------
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene

Date Posted: 07 February 2009 at 23:46
Yes it's a selfed 1998 black domina. It's the plant that won the valencia cup that year i think.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Posted By: Jonney
Date Posted: 08 February 2009 at 01:49
It's tough enough to get.

Dr. Chronic is out of stock. I'm mad to grow black domina but i think i'm gonna try get my hands on the sweet afghani delicious from sweet seeds and grow along side sensi seeds fruity juice.

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out!! How come you went coco solid?

%3ceed%20leaf

-------------
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------

Date Posted: 08 February 2009 at 06:45

I've grown the sweet afghani a good few times now. Tough to clone unless in a bubbler. Most of them stay very short and squat and produce nice dense, hashy, lemony buds with that pungent afghani aroma. It's a firm fav of mine.

I'm trying coco because i've smoked somegreat coco buds, and love the denseness of them. Plus i've seen some incredible yields from coco grows, so thought i'd give it a go. I'll still have some soil plants going alongside, so i will be able to see which is best. I'm thinking coco will be if done right.

Here are some pics of one of my organically grown soil plants. This plant is called psychodelicia. A cross of a clone from the US, with a nepalese hash plant. This is another sweetseeds offering. I've tried a few of them now and loved them all.

This one is also a very stocky, squat plant. Bottom buds smell bubblegum sweet, the main cola smells of sour fruit. Not sure why the difference. It's at 40 days of 12/12 today. Great resin production from the word go with this one, and pretty easy to grow. Likes its food and is pest resistant, as it doesn't have a spidermite near it. I've allmost sorted them thanks to the cold weather we've had lately, and they are allmost unoticeable even on the one ukcheese left they still exist on. When that's comedown, i should have a totally spidermite free zone with any luck.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 08 February 2009 at 10:44
Originally posted by Jonney

It's tough enough to get.

Dr. Chronic is out of stock. I'm mad to grow black domina but i think i'm gonna try get my hands on the sweet afghani delicious from sweet seeds and grow along side sensi seeds fruity juice.

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out!! How come you went coco solid?

%3c3ceed%3c20leaf

yeh i know what you mean jonney, does anyone else other than the dr stock sweetseeds?

this is the reason for going to coco, lol http://www.sensiseeds.com/search.asp?q=uk+cheese+coco+grow - http://www.sensiseeds.com/search.asp?q=uk+cheese+coco+grow  

youve made my mind up thanks solid, sweet afghani will be my next purchase, as soon as they are in stock, that will be the 1st of 2 100% indicas.
nice pics too dude %3cool

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 08 February 2009 at 12:51
They're out of stock all over the place BM. The only other reseller I can find with any sweetseeds at all is out of stock on the SAD, and even them I've never used beforeso don;t know if reliable.

You could go direct of course. http://www.sweetseeds.es/paginainicio/pedidos.html has the contact details. My Spanish isn't good but I think it says will ship to England. Let me know if you do as we might be able to put together a split order between us, from the results so far I'm interested in more sweetseeds.

Full seed range is here: http://www.sweetseeds.es/paginainicio/iniciobanco.html

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds/ - Sensi's collection of http://sensiseeds.com/indoor/1s25.html - Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned

Posted By: OrganicGaz
Date Posted: 08 February 2009 at 19:45
Good luck with the coco. was thinking of trying it myself before going hydro! See what happens,

OrganicGaz

Date Posted: 08 February 2009 at 20:34
cheers nemo,
i dont speak any spanish at all dude, so i'll take your word for it they send to england, lol%3co%20high

one thing that concerns me is they say on the sweetseeds site that the sad is 90% indica and 10% sativa, but i thought black domina was 100% indica %3confused

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 08 February 2009 at 20:50
Black Dom is a mix of Afgahni, Hash Plant, NL and Ortega. NL has some thai in it, so if you want a 100% indica black dom isn't the one. Just go for the straight afghani or something.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 08 February 2009 at 21:10
the sensi write up for nl says its a pure indica, surley they used their own nl in the black dom?

even the sensi black dom write up says its four prime examples of Cannabis Afghanica, i thought afghanicas were all indica.

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 08 February 2009 at 21:42
NL is a cross of an afghani and a thai. I have no idea what thai, wether a sat or indica. But it definatly has thai in it. The original cuts sensi have surely do anyway, as those are the originals.

What the others have in them is anyones guess. I rekon it's pretty hard to say a plant is 100% indica unless you know exactly where it originated from, and from what genetics. So perhaps the ortega and hash plant have a bit of sat in them somewhere.

Infact, i wonder what the breeder is actually referring to when they say 90% indica, 10% sat. They surely can't know what % is what. So maybe they are trying to give a general idea of what traits the plant will carry.

Seeing as they used a sensi black domina and selfed it, if sensis black domina is indeed nothing but pure 100% indica, then their seeds must be too. It's perhaps a better question for Ganja. I want to know what sort of thai was in the NL, as it definatly contains it in some form according to lots of different literature i've read.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 08 February 2009 at 22:48
just been doing a bit of research, and it seems the history of the nl is a bit contradicting, i found some that says its an indica thai, and some say a sativa thai, so as you say, who the feck knows for sure, lol.
i reckon if sensi say its pure indica then the thai must have been an indica thai, everything i found also said it had thai in.

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 17 February 2009 at 03:28
Right, little update. Had a minor hiccup with the SA. Think i slightly overfed it on it's first feed, as it's a light feeder, the ch9 flower would of liked a bit stronger i think. I willl have to make seperate feeds for them.

Both are growing nicely, the ch9 flower is really starting to take off now and grow, the SA not far behind.

Very excited as my Tiburan/Shark germed today. 36 hours, another spanish miracle. Can't wait to try this strain. It's a super skunk/nl cross, is easy to grow and has great flavour. Has placed in a few of the comps the sweetseeds stuff has. expecting some nice bud from this one and plan to clone it. Should be like a super shiva skunk.

Stuck it into a 1 litre pot of 70/30 coco/perlite tonight. Fed with an EC of 0.87 (including tap water EC), ph 5.72. Decided to put this is a 1 litre pot as i think the 3 litres are slightly big for coco seedlings.

My white widow/big bud is also nearly up. Can see it pushing through, will be up by tomorrow. Am going to bang this into a 1 litre pot of coco too. And would like to clone this too. Never grown a widow. Are they light/moderate/heavy feeders?

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 06:46
Getting some really vigourous growth from the coco plants. Compared to the soil you can just see the difference instantly. I stuck the ww/bb in soil, and it's half the size of the tiburan that went in at the sametime.

The ch9 and sweet affie are really taking off. They've huge leafs and very thick stems for plants only about 5-6 inches tall. They also seem much stockier and less strtechy than the soil plants. I'[m not sure if this is to do with coco, or just they had more light at the start when they were on their own. But the tiburan is also looking very stocky.

At this rate i'll have the ch9 and SA into flower in 14 days max. They are really taking off above the surface now and look so healthy, it even suprises me considering it's my first try.

Both are being fed EC 1.8 now at ph 5.7-5.8. I'll put some pictures of them up tomorrow, bit late now. Also have a couple of new ones in veg too. A sweet tai, and another ch9. I did have an ice, but it died after breaking the surface and looked a runt. These are in soil. Biobizz allmix to be exact, and i'm really pissed about the quality of the biuobizz allmix. It's  gone way downhill. I've been using plagron which is very good, fluffy soil. Now this biobizz has huge lumps of bark in it, things which look and feel like wires, loads of stringy shit, rocks, and hardly any perlite. If i didn't have my own perlite not sure what i'd do.

Never buying biobizz soil again, and it puts me off buying their nutes again now mine are allmost gone. I get good results with them, but i'm going to give the bio-canna a go instead and see what's up. Heard it's good. Biobizz, sort your allmix out please!

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 14:02
biobizz has huge lumps of bark.. funny you say that my last bags have been over loaded with this and when I say big bits i mean it. I was thinking going plagron what nutes are you using with plagron soil . cheers

-------------
OrganicGaz

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 14:15
I kept using the biobizz nutes on the plagron soil. Made no differance, though i'm sure the ones in biobizz soil aren't going to be as nice now. The plagron was lovely and fluffy, no lumps or chunks or rocks. Enough perlite that you don't really need to add your own. Got about 40 dam litres of the biobizz left now too, so i'll have to use it, but certainly won't be buying again.

The canna soil is supposed to be good too. A mate uses it and that is very fluffy and nice, but a little more expensive than the plagron, and i find the plagron as good to the touch and eye really and is the same price as the biobizz.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 15:06
Nice mate, I have used cana plus before don't get me wrong the soil was fine but it has nothing in it you need to start feeding early, Also I had to water every two days using canna anything after that the soil was dead dry, I'm in the same environment with biobizz and I'm feeding every four days so thats one good point about bio, 
Og%3c3ceed%3c20leaf

-------------
OrganicGaz

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 16:17
Get the plagron then man. I'm not getting the canna if its like that. The plagron allmix had plenty of food for the plants until flowering. Probably a good 4-6 weeks of food in there before you really need to feed them. It has an EC of 1.8.

Had really good results with the plagron plants i'm smoking now. Shame i went back to biobizz, but there we are, never again.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 21:39
shit man thats not good about the all mix, i bought a bag a couple of weeks ago, and the geezer in the shop had just had 80 bags delivered the day before, thankfully my bag is as good as usual, but i dont hold much hope for the rest of his stock if a couple of you have had trouble with it.

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 21:50
Glad to hear you're recovering well from the pest invasion mate.

Must admit I've been considering switching soil, or to canna for a while. The BioBizz soil is very random as you say, sometimes it's great but sometimes it's just huge chunks of everything. Also, I've been very impressed with the canna boost and rhizo so was considering switching my nutes over anyway. Just got the bio-boost and bio-rhizo, and if they work out as good as the regular boost and rhizo I'll probably move over to the bio-vega and bio-flores and pk 13/14 if I stick with soil. Will probably keep using the Algamic though.

-------------

No Turn Unstoned

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 21:57
Biobizz allways had little lumps of bark and the occasional wirey thing in it, but the last two bags i bought have had large chunks of bark, rocks and weird wirey things. Never find any of these in the plagron. Don't know why i bouight biobizz really, they had plagron there. I think it was because the EC of biobizz allmix is 2.4, and so i thought i'd get away with feeding later, but not really worth it. Have to dig through all the dirt i put in the pots to dig out lumps of this and that.

I do like the nutrient line though, and if i don't prefer the bio-canna, will more than likely switch back and stay with it, aslong as it stays the same.

One weird thing i've had with my biobizz nutes is the grow and bloom and top max i've had for over a year, and the grow and bloom and fine, but the top max smells like it's gone rotten or something. It really stinks, and wasn't like this before, it was quite sweet smelling. So i don't use it anymore, though i rated that aswell, higher than the bud-xl. The headmtasta i'm using now though is also very good. Would like to do a side-by-side with it and the top max like i did with the bud-xl, but i'm not buying another litre of it now.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 22:04
i used top max when i 1st started growing, a mate gave me a full bottle, and it was already a year or so old when i got it, but it was fine, then one day i opened it, and it smelt like proper rotten eggs. its as if it just went off over night.

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 22:05
That's exactly my experience of all-mix. Except recently I also seem to get huge chunks of what looks a lot like human hair. Mostly I considered switching because I seem to be using Greens more often than Growell these days and Greens don't stock BioBizz soil.

I'm also a little concerned by the top max though. I've had several bottles of it and not one has been the same thickness. The first one was really thick and the most recent is very thin. This makes me wonder how uniform the quality is.

I was using topmax and canna boost in conjunction, but I think I will drop out the top max after the current batch runs out.

-------------

No Turn Unstoned

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 22:12
Yea, the clumps of hairy shit, i've nop idea what that is, but they are becoming huge, and you need to tear them apart, and break the soil down, and remove all unwanted items, before you can even plant a dam seed. Definatly try the plagron if you are in the market for a new soil. It's much better, you can feel it in your hand.

And if you're in the market for a new bloom stim, i have to recommend headmasta. It's very cheap at £10 a litre and you only ever use 1ml/litre. It is very good at what it does and produces thick flowers which are very dense at harvest. It's supposedly organic aswell but it's not OMRI listed like biobizz as far as i can tell. But it doesn't leave any nasty taste and i've not been flushing any longer. Their regen-a-root is good too. I will admit i prefer the H&G roots excelurator, but it's very expensive, and regeen does the job.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 22:21
ive been thinking about the headmasta and the regen a root recently, theyre both from canadianxpress arnt they?
ive been using the bcuzz bloom stim since i stopped using the top max, and find it really good to be honest, and it has a really nice smell to it too. the only thing i dont like about it, is nobody else i talk to seems to use it, so therefore makes me wonder why, lol.

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 03 March 2009 at 22:46
Yea i've not heard of many people who use that either. Never tried any of it myself. Top max i found really helped during the start of flowering, producing lots of budsites. The headmtasta i feel definatly adds more density and weight to the crop, and i havn't noticed a lack of emerging budsites at the start of flower, so i'm very happy with it.

It is canadian express. The regenaroot was only £12 a litre and you use 1ml/per litre of that. Only thing that gets me about this one is it smells like seaweed extract, ala algamic. Not exactly the same, but you can tell a good portion is seaweed extract. So i wonder if it's actually any different really from something like algamic. Though i've never heard say algamic breaks down dead root matter and promotes new growth from the old dead parts.

If you have the cash, the H&G roots excelurator is the best root stim ever for me. It's not actually that expensive when you put it into perspective. £35 for 250mls, but you only use 0.3ml per litre as it's super concetrated. Easily the best H&G product, and you'll have roots out the wazoo with that thing. Small seedling plants you think can't possibly have filled out the pot they are in have roots dangling out the bottom a beautiful white colour.

I'm at an end n ow i think of buying this extra and that extra. All i really want to do now is find the basic grow/bloom/stim/pk/roots for my tastes. Plus algamic and mollasses, never go without me algamic and mollasses.. LOL.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Posted By: ASDER
Date Posted: 04 March 2009 at 17:41
Originally posted by bartmanuk

ive been thinking about the headmasta and the regen a root recently, theyre both from canadianxpress arnt they?
ive been using the bcuzz bloom stim since i stopped using the top max, and find it really good to be honest, and it has a really nice smell to it too. the only thing i dont like about it, is nobody else i talk to seems to use it, so therefore makes me wonder why, lol.

BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

hi BM

is that the PK 13-14 bloom stim? . I used Bcuzz nutes on My 1st grow,just used at 25% rec dosage as they are a bit strong.found them not as good as biobizz - completely different smell

Asder%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf

-------------
Live and Learn!

Date Posted: 04 March 2009 at 18:19
hey asder,
good to here of someone else who's used bcuzz, lol.
pk 13-14 is a pk booster, not a bloom stim,
why do you think theyre not as good as bio bizz? when i changed from top max to bcuzz i found the dried bud to have a better aroma, more pungent, and the smell of the bloom stim i find to be much more pleasant than anything from biobizz.
also i dont need to use as much of the bcuzz compared to the top max, starts with 1ml per litre for weeks 4-5, then 1.5ml per litre weeks 5-6, and 2ml per litre weeks 7 till flush.

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Posted By: ASDER
Date Posted: 05 March 2009 at 01:25
hi BM

think it was down to the fact that my 1st grow hermied and left the weed with a harsh taste.i still have to smoke the new grow using the biobizz but it seems to smell a lot sweeter so maybe ill do 1/2 bcuzz and 1/2 biobizz for the next grow and see how it turns out.

Asder%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf

-------------
Live and Learn!

Date Posted: 06 March 2009 at 03:31
Some pictures of my coco plants. All is going very well with these. Can't believe the speed of growth compared to my soil plants. They just don't compare in anyway at all. Won't need anywhere near as much veg time.

First up is a group shot of all the plants in veg, soil and coco.

Next is the sweetseeds sweet tai, followed by the white widow / big bud, both germed the sametime and in soil.

Carrying on, is my special lady, mamma cheese. She's in her final pot now, cuts taken and rooting, and will go into flower when my psicodelicia comes out. This girl is going to have a 400watt all to herself until my ch9 and SA go in.

Next two are the ch9 flower. Both this and the SA are only about 7 inches tall, yet the ch9 has reached sexual maturity allready, and has alternating internodes and pre-flowers, the SA in the nextt 4 pics, (a double of one for some reason) still has matching internodes and has yet to show pre-flowers.

I can't remmeber having a soil plant be this far along when only so small. The stems are also so much thicker, leafs bigger and more healthy looking than any soil plants of this size. It's really vigourous growth.

Lastly is my baby. i love this one, it looks great, reminds me of a kush, with its short, broad leafs. And allready has a dank smell to it. I bought it specifically because of it's noted taste and aroma. This is the tiburan, the super skunk /northern lights hybrid. She is destined for cloning and many grows hopefully, as is the ww/bb.

The tiburan is also in coco and growing very fast. As you can see all the soil plants bar the ukcheese are still seedlings, but the coco three have flown out the blocks. Very happy with how easy it's been so far, and how healthy the plants are looking. Literally can't wait to see them budding, as i'm imprssed allready. People said once you've grown in hydro you won't want to go back to soil. The only things trhat i think can keep me on soil aswell is if the taste is not as good as my soil bud, and soil it alot easier and you don't need to worry about half as many things.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 12 March 2009 at 06:18
My flower room has been empty with the light off for near a week now for the first time in over two years. Feels really weird. But gave me a nice chance to take everything down, wash it all with milton sterilsing liquid and dettol, and put it all back together and add my new rvk and filter.

It's all looking lovely and clean now. I'm pretty dam sure there aren;t any spidermite eggs lurking in any crevasses now anyway. LOL. I finally got the better of them which is great.

So, i'm giving it one more go over with milton and dettol tomorrow and then my ch9 flower, sweet afghani, ukcheese mum will go into flower, shortly followed by the sweet tai.

The remaining plants, shark, ww/bb and another ch9 flower still need a bit of veg time, so will be a few weeks later.

As for my psicodelicia, well what can i say. This is fast becoming my favourite sweetseeds variety so far. The smell is just plain dank with a twist of fruit. And the resin is unbelievable. I like it so much i have ordered another pack right away before it sells out at docs like all the other sweetseeds gear apart from the sweet tai. I have one seed left of it from my original two, but i want to hopefully find another like this or better, so 4 will give me more choice. This variety is definatly destined for bearing children.

Also good news for the future, might have a way to get my hands on some green poison and other sweetseeds gear doc doesn't sell with a friend who also wants to try some more. So i hope to have that spicy indi about soon too, plus i hope wild rose. Quite excited about it as i can't wait to see the quality of those two if they are rekoned better by the breeder than this psicodelicia.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Posted By: chatterz420
Date Posted: 13 March 2009 at 00:17

so much variety, amazing!!

-------------
otha duties to attend to

Date Posted: 13 March 2009 at 01:50
Thanks for the comments, allways appreciated, don't get too many latetly unless i'm arguing the point with someone, hehe.

Variety is the spice of life and important to me. I couldn't just grow the same strain over and over, no matter how it good it was. I need to have different flavours, aromas, highs, growing experiences. I recommend variety to you too. I don't have much space, but you can still grow a few different varieties, particulary if you use fem seeds as it saves on space, 50% on average, plus soil/coco/nutes/light/work/etc.

Anyway, tonight i set my budbox up nicely. Gave it another going over with milton and dettol. Put my new larger rvk and filter up (which is amazingly quiet compared to the other really impressed, plus the temps are perfect now). Stuck my light back in and huzzah!, i'm back in action.

Stuck my ch9 flower, sweet afghani (both coco plants), and my ukcheese mum (soil plant) into the tent. They are vegging right now still. Took some more cuts off the ch9 flower as it smells really really string and nice allready, and is supposed to finish fast, plus i don't want to end up missing another cracker like i did with the psicodelicia. Also took some more cuts off the ukcheese for various people. Allready have my 1 rooted, but a few people are in need of some so i had to take a few more to do the rounds properly.

These plants will have their first 12 hours of darkness starting 8am tomorrow morning.

In veg now, i have the sweet tai and white widow / big bud which i repotted into their final 12 litre pots tonight. The sweet tai will go into flower with the others as soonas its had a few days to get over transplant shock.

The ww/bb was starting to yellow on its bottom two sets of real leafs, and only has one set above them and then the growth tip. Never seen a plant start yellowing this early in veg in allmix. Especially biobizz allmix as its EC 2.4. Can see this one being a heavy feeder. Hopefully the 12 litre pot will sort if out for now.

The ww/bb and shark which is in coco are staying in veg until i've taken cuttings off them. Want to keep both as i think they will be nice. The sweet tai i cant really take cuts even though i'd like too, as i cant let it get too big, so it needs to go into flower.

With these 3, i've another ch9 flower, which is in a small pot in soil.

One note while repotting tonight. I am impressed with the regen-a-root. There was a good root ball on the sweet tai and ww/bb for the size of them, and gleaming white. Not as good as H&G RE, but it's good stuff for only £10 a litre.

Pictures of my budbox with new hear and plants will come when i'm not so pissed. Peace.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 14 March 2009 at 05:45
Some pictures of how things are at the moment. The budbox has been out of action for over a week. Was taken down, cleaned out with milton and dettol and put back up, new fan and filter fitted, redone with milton and dettol, light put back in, then  the plants. In there right now are three plants. A ch9 flower, sweet afghani and a "lollipopped" ukcheese.

The rest of the plants are currently still in veg. First picture is of my tiburan which is still in veg. Very vigourous. It's side branches are very thick and strong and grow allmost vertically to the main stem. Will top this one when it's larger and take all the lower branches for cuttings. Smells great when you rub the stem.

Next is the veg room, now alot less crowded. Have the tiburan back right, another ch9 flower in the small pot infront, and in the 12 litre pots to the left is the white widow / big bud in the front, and the sweet tai in the back. The sweet tai will go into flower when i switch to 12/12. The soil plants are so much slower than the coco though, its a shock.

Next a shot of the budbox, with the sweet affie up front, the lollipopped ukcheese back right, and topped ch9 flower back left. Then a shot of the ch9 flower in coco that i topped. It's a triploid and is growing multiple colas now. You can see a few there in the picture.

After that is a pic of my lollipopped ukcheese. It's such a bvranchy plant, and its branches are so weak, the bottom ones are allways just a waste of time, as they can't hold any weoght whatsoever, and just end up dangling down right below the canopy. This way o get much thicker, harder buds up top without all the wispy crap down the bottom.

Lastly is a pic of my new fan and filter which is very quiet, and temsp are lovely. Very happy with it.

As for feeding, i just fed the ch9 flower and sweet affie an EC of 2.28, which works out at 2.0 after i take the tap water off. Will stop at this for now, and see how they go. Only used a+b and roots,. as i havnt turned the light to 12/12 yet. The oh was 5.81, and 2 litres each gave no runoff which was handy as i didn't have to bother emptying it. The pots felt very heavy though and were wet at the bottom so all good. I think i'll need a larger watering can for my coco plants though. 2 litres is allways plenty for the soil plants and gives a small ammount of runoff, but i can see the coco ones wanting more when in full bloom.

The ukcheese just had roots and plain water.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Posted By: cashcrop
Date Posted: 14 March 2009 at 22:31
hi solid,

wow big filter there man? lol bet it took you a bit to get it strapped up lol mine was a right pain in the ass but it does the room pretty well and the smell 2. is it 125mm the one you got? some nice strains you got there and the coco seems to be going well.

cc

-------------
To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.

Date Posted: 15 March 2009 at 20:57
I bought a 125 and it wasn't quite giving me the temps i wanted. So i went up to a 150mm and it's perfect. Nice and quiet too. quieter than the 125.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Posted By: munzy
Date Posted: 15 March 2009 at 22:21

%3clap 

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 15 March 2009 at 23:01
Gorgeous plants, as usual Solid %3cool

Originally posted by Solidopc

One weird thing i've had with my biobizz nutes is the grow and bloom and top max i've had for over a year, and the grow and bloom and fine, but the top max smells like it's gone rotten or something.

The high sugar content means it is liable to ferment. All you need is a random, airbourne yeast, a warm spot and within a few weeks later you have alcoholic Topmax.

... but the coco three have flown out the blocks. Very happy with how easy it's been so far, and how healthy the plants are looking. Literally can't wait to see them budding, as i'm imprssed allready.

I thought you'd like the way plants grow in coco. I'm really enjoying using it. Coco (especially mixed 50:50 with perlite) is really light, even when fully loaded with water and it handles the heat much better than soil.

People said once you've grown in hydro you won't want to go back to soil.

I expect I'll still grow most of my veggies in soil, but lettuces, basil and cannabis will be in coco/perlite from now on.

The only things trhat i think can keep me on soil aswell is if the taste is not as good as my soil bud, and soil it alot easier and you don't need to worry about half as many things.

I haven't finished flowering a ganja plant in coco yet, but the lettuces and basil were as good as soil, no difference in flavour or texture to soil grown and that's without the benefit of flushing as they are continually harvested.

All the best for a fine (spidermite free) flowering %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2009 at 11:27
Thank you SL. If the taste is as good i can't see the point of soil. I see some people raving about mixing coco and soil, but that just seems like diluting soil to me and not a new way of growing.

I see you go 50/50 with the perlite. 70/30 for me this first go. Perhaps more perlite would be good, as it retains water well, and the coco dries out quickly. Need to water them more often than my soil plants, and i can see them being very hungry in full flower.

I am pining after an autopot system, and use coco in that. A very easy way to grow, and supposedly works very well with coco.. Plus it would be so dam easy to just fill a res every week or so. 2-4 pots would be perfect in my tent under my light too, and would get some monster yields. They are only about £60 for everything i need for a 2 potter i think so i'm sure eventually i'll get one, as you can use soil in them if ya want to.

Also been looking at these new super roots air pots. Found a place that sells them in singles aswell. You can use any medium in them, and the root growth is looks like it would be incredible. Really ingenius technique aswell when you think about it.

Got my new neoprene clone collars today. Going on a big cloning and mother hunting adventure with a fellow internet friend/grower. Gonna do a few choice different varieties each to find the best mothers, cutting the work in halk for ourselves. Place i got them from is the only place i've ever seen that sells plagron royalty mix. In its write up, it says this soil is strong enough, has enough worm castings and bat guano etc, that you don't need to feed ever in the whole cycle, except with some very hungry plants.

I like plagron soil, but i can't decide whether i think this is a good thing or not. It would be real nice to not have to ever bother feeding my soil plants. Would leave me only needing to worry about feed for the coco plants. It also seems like it should give a better taste, as you won't be adding any nutes at all maybe, only an additive here and there, so salt builup will be minimal.

Though you would need to buy another soil to go with it to start your plants off in, as its going to be way too strong for seedlings and baby plants.

Anyone ever use this soil or knows someone who uses it? I'm thinking of giving it a try, as my biobizz allmix will; be run out (thank god) after another couple of 12 litre pots. And was gonna order the plagron allmix anyway. But now i'm thinking of ordering the royatly mix, and getting some cheapo b&q soil to start them off in. Would rather know if anyone has used it with weed before though. As i allways hear people moaning about miracle grow soil which is supposed to be very strong, so not 100% sure.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 20 March 2009 at 01:03

Thank you SL. If the taste is as good i can't see the point of soil. I see some people raving about mixing coco and soil, but that just seems like diluting soil to me and not a new way of growing.

Ganja (general term, not the admin here abouts) tends to attract a lot of raving. Most of it is inane bullshit. Last night, for example, I read a post from a guy who had bought some ganj and it looked the same as before, but it smelt different. His conclusion was that is was grown outdoors (because it smelt earthy and he was sure he could tell all his other buys were indoor hydro) and wanted to know what other problems come from growing outdoors (apart from ruining the aroma).

Where ganja is involved, logic seems to evaporate.

I see you go 50/50 with the perlite. 70/30 for me this first go.

First go here too, I had a 110 litre bag of no. 3 perlite and thought I might as well use it. No other reason really.

Perhaps more perlite would be good, as it retains water well, and the coco dries out quickly.

Until I have tried a few different ratios I'm not really prepared to speculate... but I would have thought more coco and less perlite would lead to a wetter mix, rather than the other way around.

Need to water them more often than my soil plants, and i can see them being very hungry in full flower.

3 weeks into flower and I am pouring between 2.5 and 4 litres of liquid into 8-9 litre pots daily. It's a bit of a conundrum... coco holds heaps more water than soil, but it needs more frequent watering.

I am pining after an autopot system, and use coco in that. A very easy way to grow, and supposedly works very well with coco.. Plus it would be so dam easy to just fill a res every week or so. 2-4 pots would be perfect in my tent under my light too, and would get some monster yields. They are only about £60 for everything i need for a 2 potter i think so i'm sure eventually i'll get one, as you can use soil in them if ya want to.

Yeah the auto pots look look nice, but I think if I automated my grow, I'd never get the amount of daily exercise I need to stop my joints from seizing.

Also been looking at these new super roots air pots. Found a place that sells them in singles aswell. You can use any medium in them, and the root growth is looks like it would be incredible. Really ingenius technique aswell when you think about it.

Great for trees that will later be planted out inot the ground... can't see them really revolutionising ganja growing though, a circling root system doesn't have the impact on an annual as it does on a perennial plant.

Enjoy you mother hunt, atm I've cut back to 2 strains... would be one, but I just had to keep one affie cutting. I'm aiming for a couple of months off this winter, I want a break before it all just becomes a repeditive, time consuming chore.

I'll be keeping a couple of mothers in the cupboard for spring, but I don't have plans to run plants through the late winter/early spring period this year.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2009 at 02:50
The airpots they sell seperatly in 12.5 and 7.5 litre pots. They would definatly increase the root mass, so should increase growth up top too. But i am more interested in the autopots, as you say, it becomes a chore watering so many plants, so this seems like it would be alot easier on the watering side of things, as i am daily having to water something at the moment, and this could easily cut that down to a week or two.

Only thing i dislike about them and am not sure about is, because the plants are being bottom fed, you are never flushing your plants of built up salts, as no water is being poured through from the top. and feeding with plain water from the bottom doesn't seem to count as flushing out salt build up to me. So it would seem you might need to take them out the room every week or two and give them a good flush, which is more work again and exactly the opposite of what i'm after, as currently watering every 3rd or 4th watering with plain ph'd water seems to do the trick and is easy enough.

But that just brings me back to the super roots air pots, as i'd carry on feeding as i do now, would just have much better root growth, and would be great to stick one in the garden too with a cutting in it.

I don't know, i really can't decide. I don't want to go water hydro, as i dont want to get in to the realms of water born bacteria, fungi, algea etc. aeroponics is the only one that really interests me in that line of things, as it gives outrageous growth and buds, but a bit too much for me yet as i'm not even a experienced coco grower yet.

So i want to stay in coco, and all my options seems to be things like autopots, airpots, or plain old plastic normal pots, and i am allways striving for that extra bit of potentrial from my plants, and roots is where its at!

Surely will get one of the other at some point. Or something like them, just need more info first. I can't see myself growing the way i do now in two years time. I want to be producing top quality hydroponic grade bud by then, using some sort of automated system hopefully. Need to keep pushing the ole boundries as i enjoy the hobby so much and the end product just gets better and better the more i keep on with this attitude.

As for current plants, 4 are in flower, day 8 for 3 of them. All feed plain water last feed and everything is going to plan.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 29 March 2009 at 23:53
A small update of things here. Some great growth from the coco. Makes the soil plants look very skinny and small. But taste is important, to still noit throwing all me eggs in one basket yet.

First an attempted super macro shot of a psicodelicia bud shot. Been curing for around a month now. Need a proper torch to get better pics though.

Next is the sweet afghani. Looking rather 10% sativa if not more, lol. they are all like this though. And to be honest, its the only sativa trait apart from the heavy serration i find the plant has. The buds are very dense and hard, and the smell is ghani and hashy, some lemony and sweeter, some more musky. Pretty relaxing stone too. Find the cheese more couchock mind.

Then we have the sweet thai, still not started budding yet, been in 17 days, same as the sweet affie, ukcheese and ch9. All those are budding, but this is still in the stretch. I'm using this one to judge the stretch of the plant so i know how tall roughly i can grow the next lot in the hope of taking cuttings in my mother search.

Next pic is my shark/tiburan whichever one you prefer. I like to call is ss/nl, as thats what it is. The picture just doesn't do this plant justice. It's been in 3 days now and has been topped. Taken extremly well to the topping and has a lovely smell and look to it. Deep green leafs, thick sturdy upward growing branches, dank smell. I just like this one for some reason.

Last up is the ch9 flower followed by grandma ukcheese. The ch9 is an absolute monster same as the sweet affie. The coco growth is massive. Good job i only have 5 plants in there, anhymore would be too much.

In veg still i have my white widow / big bud, which will be waiting to have cuts taken and a plant to be harvested before going in. Nice looking plant, have pics will post in a mo.

With that in veg all i have is my new ukcheese mum and my cuttings. My ch9 has rooted, another 2 ukcheese have rooted and i sent one off to a friend the other day allready and all my ss/nl cuts look very very healthy and its been over a week since they were took so i am very hopeful of getting at least one which is all i need really to root, as i've about 6 there.

These coco plants drink a hell of alot. I need to feed each 3 litres of water and i will get literally only a tiny dribble of runoff. So little i dont even need get rid of it. 2 litres has allways been plenty for my soil pllants when in full flower, i can see these going up to 4 litres when really going at it.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 06 April 2009 at 21:03
Coco plants really starting to take off now. Looking great, but very big. Three coco plants would be plenty in my space. Two would fill it using bendz. I've got two soil plants in there with them, which are getting a rough ride of it really, as they just can't compete with the bushiness and huge growth of the 3 coco plants.

I am going to boost them up a bit further with some more pots and get them a bit above the canopy, so the lower branches get more light.

The yield from coco is going to be sustanstial. You can see it allready. So many bud sites, so many strong branches and flowers getting thicker by the day. Hope i get pin the taste down well.

Talking of that. I went and got my new soil nutes this weekend. Plus a 50 litre sack of plagron royalty mix. Been looking for this eveywhere, but could only find it at silly delivery prices. Its a step above the allmix and shouldnt need any feeding at all before 6-8 weeks. I'll be using it for my final pots, and using the rets of the shiity biobizz allmix as their starting soil.

For my new nutes. Call me crazy, but i dont care. I didnt like the look of the NPK of biocanna vega, and you are supposed to stop using it at week 2 into flowering. I like to use my grow throughout flower, my plants need and like it. So i stuck with biobizz grow, as i really do rate it. Ditched the biobloom though. The NPK on that was not too my liking as the biocanna flores. So i got biobizz grow and biocanna flores. I know many people will think i should of gone all canna. But i like my biogrow, its a good nute that i am used to using and am very happy with. Wasn't impressed with their bloom, so hopefully, as people keep saying the biocanna flores should be alot better.

Still using same additives. Was going to get some pk13/14 aswell but thought whats the point. My buds are hard as hell anyway. So will carry on with headmasta and monster bloom and mollasses.

Took cuts today off my white widow / big bud. My super skunk x northern lights is rooting away nicely and the ch9 flower is allready rooted along with another 3 ukcheese. I can't even give these things away now. Every cut of ukcheese i take seems to root and i end up with loads. LOL.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 06 April 2009 at 23:10

For my new nutes. Call me crazy, but i dont care. I didnt like the look of the NPK of biocanna vega, and you are supposed to stop using it at week 2 into flowering. I like to use my grow throughout flower, my plants need and like it. So i stuck with biobizz grow, as i really do rate it. Ditched the biobloom though. The NPK on that was not too my liking as the biocanna flores. So i got biobizz grow and biocanna flores. I know many people will think i should of gone all canna.

Doesn't sound crazy to me, in fact it's pretty much what I was intending doing when my current nutes run out.

I'm keeping BioBizz for Grow and Alga, but I'm going to be canna apart from that, already using the biorhizo and bioboost, just want to switch my bloom nute to canna, and switch my top max for molasses.

Still not sure what to do about the soil though. It's hard to change when you've already got a good idea of now the soil performs, and when nutes will be needed etc. I think I have ruled out switching to coc for now though. With that explosve growth I need to wait until I've got the mothers I want then switch to coco, otherwise it'll kill my plant count!

-------------

No Turn Unstoned

Posted By: Heavenly_Grasss
Date Posted: 07 April 2009 at 02:23
   Nice      pics Solidopc    

-------------
Heavenly_Grasss

Date Posted: 08 April 2009 at 03:00
Thanks HG. Appreciate the comments. Please pop in again.

Nemo - We are on the same wave length then. I just couldn't ditch the grow in the end, it's just so useful to be able to use it all the way through, and i am used to using it. The algamic id not go without either. Gotta have that. Does great as a feed for the sweet tai, and might do well for your sats.

They seem to be very N sensitive, so the algamic is a nice little weak feed and it seems to suit the tai quite well. Did the same with my c gold crosses.

We are practically using the same stuff really once you more to flores. You just use rhizo instead of regenaroot. Monster bloom and canna boost are the same thing. So no differaance there. Glad i found out beforehand, as was going to buy bioboost. Only headmasta i guess i use that you dont. Good stuff that. £10 a litre, 1ml/litre all the way. I started using it after seeing cocogroweruks thread with the 17.5oz two ukcheese plants he had using regenaroot, headmasta and canna coco.

I threw my top max in the bin the other day. It had gone off, and stunk. Rated it better than bud-xl though. But wouldnt buy again. Headmasta is the stim for me.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 14 April 2009 at 01:59
Some pics from a few days ago now, maybe allmost a week, but hey i'm lazy, and i doubt it bothered anyone.

Things have progressed even more now. Day 32 for the ch9 and sweet affie now which are furtherest along.

First in the picture stakes is my superskunk/northern lights. This is the furtherest plant back, at under two weeks when picture was taken. Really strong vigourous plant that gives off a lovely aroma when brushed. Got two cuts of it rooted allready. One will be off with the clone fairy tomorrow though for a friend to run outside. I'll be keeping the other as a mum if she's up to it. Hope so.

Next up is the sweet thai. Starting to bud now about week 3. Stretch is not as bad as i thought. But would need to be careful i didn't veg another too long. I could see her getting out of control. I flowered her at about6 inches, and she's about 24 inches now. Cuts would obviously be better, as they wouldn't stretch as much, but i dodn't take any as i didnt veg her long enough. This was a test run for this strain. If she's as good as i hope, i'll take cuts from the next lot, with a better idea of the stretch.

Now the cheese, about week 4 now. Sweet cheese, lovely smell. Two rooted cuts of this will also be off to the same fella to see what he thinks.

Next two are the sweet affie. Smells alot more strongly in coco than it does in soil. Smells very nice and is seeming to grow better for me in coco than soil.

Lastly is the ch9 flower. Big plant this. Loads of long colas. Drinks like a alky at xmas. The buds are not supposed to be that dense on this varoety. It's best qualities are supposed to be in it's aroma, flavour and high. Still, such a large plant seems like it will yield well anyway.

Finally another quick moan about biobizz allmix. I am having cuttings yellowing in 1 litre pots of it after the forst week-10 days. This is what happened when i bought their lightmix. I just can't understand what is going on with this soil. It's absolute garbage. I'd rather grow in john innes than this. So glad i've got my plagron royalty mix now instead. Can't be dealing with nute deficient plants in soil while in veg. Got enough of that to worry about with coco.

Oh, allmost forgot. I'll have a cut of psychosis and psychoberry here tomorrow. I'm hugely excited about this. Will get to test some psychosis. The dude threw his exo cheese mum away after smoking the psychosis, which is an exo cheesexnl#5/haze i think. The pyschoberry sounds like a beauty too. Both been around a long time, but unheard of compared to ukcheese. Same goes with uk pineapple and a crap load of others. I will hopefully get to test some more in the near future.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 15 April 2009 at 23:53
Update time. First up are some cuts. Recently aqquired pyshcoberry cut is in there with a couple of psychosis cuts, and a ch9 flower rooted cut, thats now been potted along with a rooted ss/nl and psychosis into plagron royalty mix. Can't wait for the exo pyschoberry. Been about 15 years or so now. Supposed to be a tasty puff. To the right, the nice green cuts are all whitewidow/bigbud taken about over a week ago. So far so good on the mum hunt. All plants in flower i wanted to clone have been. Just got this ww/bb to do, then can start on some new strains. Will be green poison and ice next, along with psychoberry, pyschosis and cuts of any of the ones i saved here if they are good enough to be kept. Still got a fair few strains to work through after that. Plus some more nice elite cuts on the way. So all is well, wind is at me back, sun on me face, and i'm puffing a fatty in the crows nest. Good times.

Here's the sweet thai, day 28 and starting to pop along nicely. Seems it should have pretty decent buds on the main cola, though it's got the dangly, skinny sativa look to it, so don't expect monsterous yields from this. In soil.

Now the sweet afghani. In coco. Day 33. Doesn't drink as much as the ch9 and ss/nl, but is a much bushier more vigourous plant than when i've grown them on soil.

Here is the exo psychosis at day 20 something. Allways a favourite. This one in soil. Is drinking quite alot for a plant of its size. It's only about a 2 foot plant, but sucks up the juice. Not started using my biocanna flores yet. Still got a bit of biobloom to go. And would rather save that for a whole run on it.

Here is some ch9 flower at day 33. Starting to come along nice now this. Still drinking alot. Had its plain water flush this evening.

Here's the superskunk/northernlights, or shark. Probably my fav this right now. Such a strong plant. At day 18 this picture. Lovely aroma when brushed, and i can see it yielding big thick buds. Loads of huge colas. Rooted cut has been potted, and another was carried off by the clone fairy to be tried outside in the UK this year. Budrot i rekon would be your only worry.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 17 April 2009 at 23:13
looking good as usual dude %3cool

that psychosis has some wicked trichs too man %3co%20high

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 21 April 2009 at 03:58
Thanks man. At day 40 now, getting excited, the ch9 is starting to swell up a bit and you can see a few puffed up calyxes on it. Hope its a nice fast flowerer. Got a cut of it rooted just incase.

Hopefully only a couple of weeks left for that one.

All the plants had a feed tonight. All different mixes which is a bit of a pain, but worth it in the end.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 22 April 2009 at 15:01
Looking good Solid, love the pistils on the CH9.

Having harvested my first couple of plants in coco, I'd say Canna's '7 days water to finish' needs to be stretched out a bit... 10 days was better, the next will get longer. 

-------------

Date Posted: 23 April 2009 at 02:01
I was thinking a minimum of 14 days flushing, using final phase. Will get some canna flush when its run out. This is my one big worry about coco. I am realised i can grow on it successfully very easily, just don't know how the bud is going to taste. So i am going to be ultra cautious. Seen a few people adding mollasses to their coco feeds during the grow aswell. Might give it a week or mollasses, then 10 days of plain water with final phase.

Anyway, day 42 or something now for the furthest in. My pyschoberry cut has rooted, along with two ww/bb and some more ss/nl. So everything going to plan at the moment.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 25 April 2009 at 09:12
solidopc last night i smoked a reef of coco grown psychosis its nice cheesey taste that stays in the mouth for quite a while kicked my head in as well lol%3co%20high got cuts of psychosis and the psychoberry  %3cig%20smile 

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 26 April 2009 at 05:11
Cool man, i potted up my psychoberry and another psychosis tonight, along with a whitewidow/bigbud. Can't wait to try the psychoberry. Also have some new "elite" cuts coming in soon if all goes well. So keep looking in.

Anyway, here's an update for the now. Some plants in flower at different stages.

Edit: Put some green poison and ice into germ tonight, fingers crossed they pop.

First up are the soil plants. Both day 41 i think. Exo pyschosis first. Smelling sweet, but getting bullied a bit by the coco plants which are crowding it out. Would be much fatter if it wasn't so overpowered by them. I think from now on i will do 2 coco plants and 3 soil instead of 3 coco and 2 soil. Two coco plants take over one half of the flower room. I can fit three soil plants comfotably in the other half, but trying to fit another coco and two soil isn't doing the soil plants any favours. Lesson learned there. Potted up another cutting of this earlier straight into a 12 litre pot, and my new psychoberry cut got the same treatment. Will provide me with more cuts before they go into flower.

Soil again, this time the sweet thai. At day 41 now, so not flowering fast, but didn't expect it to anyway. Am liking the aroma of it. It smells like chocolate, slightly spicy. Can't smell any skunk at all which i'm glad about, wanted that nice chochy thai aroma, and seems to be cutting the mustard so far. Will clone the next two now i've worked out the stretch. Rekon this could be a nice sativa heavy headstash strain if the aroms keeps coming like this through to harvest. Seems like the buds will be pretty dense too. Liking it alot. Seems to want more N than i thought it would, so gave it an extra large dose of N tonight.

Rekon this could kick ass from cuttings. Minimise the stretch, and get some trippy, rushy chocolate tasting weed. Only prob is the flowering time looks like. But nobody expects a thai to finish too quickly. Another one i think might be jept around to have one of at a time going.

Sweet affie and the coco/perlite plants now, day 45. Allways a favourite this. Great aroma. Wish it was a faster flowerer, but allways seemed to drag itself to week 10. Had a feed of EC 1.93 minus background EC tonight. Too early for the flush on this one yet.

Here's the ch9 flower, day 45 again. This is the fastest flowering of the plants. Rekon it will be down about day 60. Had a 6 litre flush of mollasses and water earlier. Not blown away by this plant really. It's scent is quite greeny/planty, not much aroma to it at all yet. Hope it improves some, but don't think it's a keeper.

Lastly, i have my favourite seedplant of my current lot, the superskunk/northernlights. Over 10 big strong colas on this plant. In coco again, only day 28 for this one. Not as fast as i had hoped, but it has impressive resin coverage, lovely structure, is hugely vigourous and strong, has a dank aroma when brushed, and just gives me good vibes. I like it. Rekon it will yield quite a bit too. Cut allready potted of this incase she is a keeper.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 26 April 2009 at 10:36
%3clap the affie and psychosis look nice, got some serious smoke on man%3cig%3c

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 29 April 2009 at 04:37
Some more pictures of my two favourite plants in flower at the moment. First up the superskunk/northernlights. I have kind of fallen for this plant a bit. I love it's deep green colour, it's greasy resin, it's short internode spacing, it's huge vigour and strength, and it's skanky ghani skunky aroma. Wish it was a tad faster but can't have it all. These are taken day 30.

And this is my sweet thai. Lovely chocolate smell from her, really amazing. I still find it crazy when i smell a plant and it really does smell like something so weird. Lovely though. No hint of the skunk in the aroma which is nice, but you can see it's presence in the bud density and the flower time, this is taken at week 6. She's in soil.

Good news also, my green posion has germed. Can't wait to try this strain, was recommened it by the breeder himself, so really looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 03 May 2009 at 00:48
Crashland another update on yer heads for you, lol. Here's the ch9 flower, day 50. Really suprised by this plant. Has just exploded with resin and aroma the last week. Never had a plant this fast either. Could of come down day 45. Ready now, still flushing though, will leave it till day 52, then down.

Will be keeping the cut about to run again as its so fast, allways wanted a good fast finisher, and from her aroma she might fit the bill. Lemony, slightly skunky aroma, with background sulphruish dankness. All this resin and aroma seems to have burst onto the scene in the last week, it's incredible, not seen anything quite like it. Even in the last pics it didn't have half as kuch resin, and hardly any aroma.

Starting to get a bit of tip burn and leaf damage from the daily flushing. She's being drowned a bit, but needs must. I have to say though, i have not often managed to keep a soil plant as healthy looking as my coco plants are this late in the stage, but with coco, it seems so easy, they just grow and grow, and never yellow up or anything. It's really mind-boggling. It's actually easier than soil it seems to keep the plant tip-top.

Anyway, very much impressed with the ch9 flower now. Changes all the time with this plant, but it has turned out a beauty, and so fast it has to be kept.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Posted By: buddydan
Date Posted: 08 May 2009 at 01:35
very nice work there bro as usual , did u happen to notice the tiny green poison beans?, that was the only reason I decided not to grow them this time lol.., going to stick with the highly recommended BJ and SA , can u believe WL DG is still my top stain  , only trouble is one medium sized bud is enough to stink out a room in secs , so this one is stored in the stick chamber! and only opened on special occasions(which is usually every day!!!!!!)

Date Posted: 08 May 2009 at 03:40
No i never noticed that. IOnfact the opposite, all sweetseeds seeds are fat as fook, including my 5 green poison. My 3 moham rahm are the same, as are my black jacks, jack47's, sweet thai's, sweet afghani's and psicodelicia's. LOL, i do like this company, got alot of their stuff stashed on the fridge, and grown most of their strains.

I have two wild rose cuttings in coco now aswell. So i think the only ones i havn't grown now or am growing is cream caramel, ganesh spirit and their auto flowering one, bournerias or something. Oh and ice cool, but will do soon enough hopefully.

Allways get fantastic germ rates from them. Grown alot of their seeds, well over 30 by now, and only ever had one not germ, all the rest are up in 24 hours.

Reason i went with the green poison this time round, was i chatted with one of the sweetseeds employees/breeders, and he said if i had enjoyed the one i had allready grown, he would recommened trying the green poison and wild rose, as they are his and most of the teams favourites. So i got the GP and a mate got the WR, and we will swap cuts of the best ones.

The black jack is still my favourite of them so far that i've grown mind. I really loved that, amazing smoke, beautiful plant, big yielder, awesome aroma and flavour. Sweet affie is also cracking. Got about 8 of them stasged away, and usually run one every crop or so. So many to get through now, i am having to cut down my search a bit, as too many clones being added to the mix, which i can't discard as they're pretty old school. So i am most likely limit my search for now to the green poison beans, and moham rahm. With the possibility of a sweet thai or two. That one is looking nice.

Edit: Quick smoke report on the ch9 flower, will get some dried bud shots up in a few days. The fattest buds aren't quite dry yet. I gotta say i'm imprrssed with it. Thought it was gonna be distinctly average to be honest only a couple of weeks before harvest, but it just exploded with resin and aroma last two weeks and was ready day 45 onwards.

The bud is not what you'd call dense, but that was something i allready knew from the breeder, and that it wouldn't be the hugest yielder. It's what i'd call loose bud, with lots of stacked calyxs, just not really really tightly packed together. Rekon about 4 ounces dry by the looks of it, which isn't too bad considering it shared a 400watt with 4 other plants. I think the coco helped alot in that aspect and densed up the buds alot. I don't think i'd want to grow this on soil, will keep it in coco.

The aroma, flavour and high are what really makes this, along with the flowering time. Lemons lemons lemons, with a dank undertone to the bud when broken, so good i even chew on little chicken bone bits of stem, lol. Taste is sweet, and pleasing, and the high is suprisingly uplifting and motivational, considering it flowers so fast. Not much couch lock to it at all unless you smoke alot of it.

I'd definatly recommened it to anyone who wants a fast flowering, good smelling and tasting smoke. Though it being a strain with a possibility of 3 pollen donors, its not certain you'll get one like mine. The breeder rekons mine looks like an ersb pheno. The other two possibilities are JH and PPP. Though i rekon there are plenty of other crackers in there for the finding.

When my current batch of seeds runs out, i would definatly consider buying either a mix bag of them, or the green bud or aroma, maybe even citral skunk. Only £30 for 10 female seeds. Allthough i did get a full male from my pack, and did have a bit of a downer on the company, which is why i am very pleasently suprised.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 09 May 2009 at 11:54
the ch9 flower sounds like a great smoke dude, sounds like what i would call a daytime smoke, lol.

got the dried bud shots yet? %3cink

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 09 May 2009 at 23:55
The vuds are dried, but i havn't taken any pictures, too wrecked now to do it aswell, need to feed plants and all that crap too.

Some good news, along with my cuts mentoned that are on the way, i have finally managed to get my hands on a cut, or will do midweek, of a smoke i have allways known as taffy bud. Called it that as it comes from a fella up the valleys. He sells it as lemon shiva, a shiva afghanixjh i think, been around up there for 7-8 years, and only this one fella has it.  Been bugging my mate who buys it off him to get me a cut and its finally been sorted.

This is another fast flowerer, supposed to be 50-55 days and done. Can't wait to grow it, ots a great smoke.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Posted By: no name
Date Posted: 10 May 2009 at 21:58
The lady's are looking verry nice Solidopc

Gr,
NN

-------------
A nonamehaze a day keeps the docter away

Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 01:04
Update time again.

First up is the sweet afghani. In coco, day 58, starting to look the part as per usual with this plant. Will be flushed from now until about day 70. Looks like some nice dense buds from the coco. I'm preferring it to soil in every aspect bar time and effort, takes much more effort to feed the coco plants, they drink more often, they drink more, and it needs ph'ing everytime, plus flushing well. But the end product is without a doubt better than soil in my opinion, i actually think it tastes better. But there we go, lol.

Next along is the sweet thai, in soil at day 54. Looking nice, will be getting some mollasses and water until about day 65-70 i rekon, so flowering time not too far off the mark.

Now we have a fav, exo pyschosis, just love the bud and the look and the smell and everything, lol. In soil at day 57, will take her about 70-73 days, and she'll smell so strong people will come up to you in the street and ask you for weed.

Here is the white widow x big bud now, at 10 days in to 12/12. Topped and starting to shoot up some nice branches. This girl is in soil.

Lastly is the super skunk x northern lights at day 42. In coco, has seemed to slow down a little on the pistill formation and the buds are starting to swell, though it's all happening very slowing. Rekon this is going to go at least 65 days, probably 70. Expecting some burst of denseness towards the end.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 21:52

gotta say dude, the sweet afghani looks tops.

and your not wrong about the psychosis, she is a proper stinker, ive got 2 in at the mo, one at 78 days(being flushed), and one at 35 days and as soon as i open the growroom door it knocks me back, lol.

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 12 May 2009 at 01:19
I'm finding the coco plants look better, smell better, taste better, are more potent, yield more, grow quicker and are easier to keep healthy down to the bottom most leaf than any soil plant i've grown.

I can see myself at one point in the future investing in a dripper system for my coco plants and ditching soil completly. Even the auto pots that bottom feed would do, i'd have no prolem giving them a 6 litre flush every week.

Just can't be assed with all the extra hassle of making up feeds for veg plants, plus flowering plants all seperatly, when they drink so much faster than soil plants and drink more. Really impressed with the results though. People used to say when you've tried it you won't want to grow any other way, and i didn't really take that much notice, but i can see why they said it now. It definatly blows soil out the water.

The sweet affie is looking and smelling as good probably betfter than any of the ones i've grown in soil before. Have had some stellar ones in soil mind, but it's looking like it will be a real nice bud.

Had it's first 6 litre flush today. Usual plain water and mollasses for the first two, final phase and plain water next two, and then plain water till chop in about 12 days.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 13 May 2009 at 01:58
Right, some absolutly great news, i am really chuffed. I received my new cuttings this morning through the post.

In the mix, was Crazy Composers Free For All cut. Search Crazy Composer FFA cut on icmag to see that beauty inaction. Also, was some original exodus ukcheese, can't wwait to run this along with the exo pyschosis and pyschoberry and see the difference.

Aswell as that was a canadian cut of purple kush. Not a big yielder by the lookms if it, but supposed to have killa taste and high. Attached to that was another exodus cut, to take my exo cut count to 4, of exo cheese x nl. Not seen this one grown or heard much about it, hasn't been kept because it's no good though, and would like a nice nl hybrid.

Well, you'd think that was it, but stone the crows, there were two branches of jackie psd aswell. It's a  g13 x 98jh x sour diesel cut. The g13 x 98 jh is probably better know as "the dunk" in the UK i think. This is a apprently better version again.

So stuck them all into root riots immediatly, paying nazi like attention to cleanliness and detail. Roll on the roots, can't wait to try these. And if that weren't enough, my cutting of taffy bud, taffy jack or lemon shiva, depending on your location is coming tomrrow, allready rooted and in a pot of soil. Someone up there is looking after me i swear, lol. Love to Jah.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 13 May 2009 at 19:25
sounds like an awesome selection dude %3cink

i hope they were all labelled up, lol

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 02:12
Quick update. Got my cut of taffy bud, was a bit yellow so potted it up right away into a 12 litre pot of soil.

Firsy up is the sweet afghani, day 64 in coco. Being flushed for a good few days now. Allways a good one this, super dense buds, musky sweet aroma, killa stone.

Next is the super skunk x northern lights cross, in coco day 48. Starting to smell more like a sweet NL than the danky funky skunk aroma of earlier on. I like this plant, i love the bud structure, it's so dense and will be a breeze to trim.

Here's the white widow x big bud, in soil, day 16.

Here's some quick pics of the taffy bud my mate brought back with him. Can't quite capture how nice it looks on camera. Can't get a super macro, need a good torch or something. And smell, flavour, high and flowering time are where this takes the lead.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 08:20
Nice looking taffy bud Solid. Just finished drying an affie in coco myself, so I can now compare taste etc to soil grown - what can I say but, no real difference, this affie tastes as good as the soil grown from last year.

I wont be giving soil away completely. The coco/perlite mix ran cooler than soil, an advantage in the summer but not so good for winter.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 10:48
I actually think it tastes better, and is more potent. Weed just seems to reach a new level of dankness on coco. I won't stop soil alltogether yet either, but i think it's only a matter of time before i get some sort of drip feed setup, or maybe even the bototm feed autopots, and give them a flush from the top every week and knock soil on the head for anything but mother plants.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 13:32
Thats looking verry nice Solidopc..i hope my plants get the same big buts as your grow..%3cmbarrass%3cd

Gr,
NN

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2009 at 16:09
Have you started many seedlings in coco?  

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2009 at 01:48
Yes, i have put seeds straight into coco. But i germ them in root riots first, then pot into pots of coco. I havn't done a cutting in coco yet, only seed plants.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 16 May 2009 at 14:40
I've gone the other way... all the plants I flowered in coco were clones. I did germ a few triffid seeds a couple of months back but I really didn't like how they were looking and binned them. Of course, it may just be the coco I'm using. I'll get a bag of Canna's coco substrate before I germinate anything costly.

It's excellent for striking cuttings though.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 00:49
Yea, i've only used canna coco, really happy with it, and the canna coco nutes, won't be changing, don't think there is better out there for it.

I don't even flush my canna cooc before use,k just plonk them right in andgive them a feed. I havn't noticed 1 def yet on any of my coco plants, all are great from start to finish. I start the seedlings on EC 0.6 when  i first pot them up, or EC 0.9 if i count the background EC of the tap water aswell. Then bump up in about roughly 0.2 each feed until i hit 1.8-2.0 and stay there until flush. I am super shocked at how easy it is. Easier than soil, just more work on feeding.

Flushing my SA again tonight, this time with final phase. Will have 6 litres through, 2.5ml per litre of final phase, ph'd to 5.77 this time. Been as low as 5.7 and as high as 5.9 and havn't noticed any difference, but i only do it for a feed or so then i'll hit 5.8 again. Just lazy and i know a few coco growers who do theres to 5.7 or 5.9.

Seems i havn't timed my perpetual perfectly. Suppose i can't expect to really as i'm just starting it up again, but it looks like i'm going to have the SA coming down in a week, with the sweet thai and pyschosis a week or so later. And i don't have the veg plants to replace them yet. Should of started seeds sooner, but had so many cuts i didn't want too.

Have a pyschosis and pyschoberry nearly ready to go in, but they need to delivery me cuts first, and my green poison isn't big enough for cuts yet either. The taffy bud aint far off, but i should be harvesting a plant every 10-14 days, not 3 within 2 weeks. Will mean i'll be going without a harvest for about a month maybe, but it should bump the yield up on the ss/nl and particulary the ww/bb, as they'll have lots of room and more light to themselves, the ww/bb should benefit most, as it's only 3 weeks in.

The ss/nl is at 51 days, and will probably go 70 i rekon. It smells abbsolutly fantasic mind. Really sweet smell, but not generic at all, really unique and moreish. Allways had a soft spot for this plant and i rekon it might be the forst of my seed batch worthy of staying around long term if it yields well. I'll plant the rest looking for a better yielder if not, that also carries the aroma of this one, which is apprently renowed for its stimulant smell and flavour.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 12:41
I've been using a much cheaper substrate, Canna nutes were as far as the budget would stretch at the time. When I come to germ my skunk#1 fems I'll shell out for Canna's coco.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2009 at 14:33
Quick update. Some shots of the sweet afghani right before i went at her with a npair of scissors. Day 70 chop day, same as on soil for this one. Looks nice, has the peachy pistills of my very first sweet afghani i grew. The rest didn't have them. Kind of slightly sweet musky ghani aroma. Smells good, dense buds and yielded very well.

Bit of tip burn again from all the daily flushing towards the end. Managed to get the runoff EC down to under 0.3 more than what went in, and that seems to give a pretty good taste, so its what i aim for now.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Posted By: ruffyen
Date Posted: 21 May 2009 at 22:17
Wow Solid,

This is the first time I had a chance to look at this thread. Very nice plants. Now that I have all of my equipment (sans an extraction fan) I am able to search these forums for peoples grow diaries :). Very serious stuff you got going on.

As you know from my other posts you comment on I currently have one fem Skunk #1 going, have 10 more seeds ready for the next grow. Probably going to do half or so get them to flower and start the other half. I am seriously considering a coco grow with that group after reading this post though.

I tinker in hardware hacking and have an arduino set up for my current single plant that waters her every 48 hours, probably going to take it down to 1x every 24hours though as it seems that my soil (mix of mushroom compost and soil conditioner) dries very fast.

I could easily tailor the arduino code to do a drip system though and will have to seriously consider it myself. Might need to get a bigger pump though, the one i have now is 60gallons per hour...which i thought was a lot but turned out to be a very weak stream :(...barely good enough for the one plant.

Thanks for the log though very interesting and intriguing read.

Posted By: Jonney
Date Posted: 21 May 2009 at 22:34
hey solid.

got a SAD on the go myself and can't wait to see how she turns out. Looks mighty fine there if i do say so myself.

-------------
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2009 at 01:52
looks very tasty man %3cool,

and your camera work is pretty good too dude.

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2009 at 21:56
Whaa that's looking verry verry nice solidopc, i a litle bit jalus of your plants..%3cmbarrass%3cd
Nice work.

Gr,
NN

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2009 at 02:10
Thanks fellas. I have to say, i think this plant now is in a league of it's own. To me, it's picture perfect weed, and the smell is just how the word dank would smell in a scratch and sniff dictionary. I hand you only the 2nd keeper i have ever found from seed myself. Super Skunk x Northern Lights. Or if you prefer Tiburan or Shark from Pyramid Seeds. Respect boys, you'll definatly have my custom again. Another Spanish beauty.

Has yielded very well. Doesn't so much grow huge long colas, but very very fat, thick dense buds at every node. Many of the pictures are taken from the lower branches and the buds are still very dense and thick. Really impressive. Some of the nugs are just crazy fat. There's no leaf here, just thick fat bud. Was a dream to trim.

Grown in a coco/perlite mix in a 12 litre pot using ny usual additives and canna coco a+b.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 27 May 2009 at 08:09
%3clap like the colours nice work as usual

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 28 May 2009 at 01:38
It's probably quite a generic colour for weed, but i really like it. It's the bud structure aswell that makes it so nice. So dense and thick. No stalky, leafy see through, light leak buds here, fat ass hard rocks is all you get. The smell is just killa too. If it didn't have the smell with it i'd not be as impressed. But it seems to have pretty much everything. Could maybe get a more arm length cola kind thing going on, but for aroma, vigour, strength, bud structure, resin, colour, flowering time, it's vortually perfect. Not many plants i've grown are ready in 8 weeks.

Am getting impatient, want it to dry so i can smoke it. I know i'm going to prefer it to the sweet affie. The smell is so much nicer.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 21 July 2009 at 00:38
Been a while. Sorry for the delay, but had some none to funny problems which led to me ripping my whole grow down, losing 6 of the 9 "elite" mothers i had going, and 1 of my own selection, which was the superskunkxnorthernlights above, (which was fantastic).

Really gutted i lost all my mums, been depressed for a bit, sulking i guess. My grow is back up and running now mind, but not yet on a par with how it was before. Just have 1 flowering plant at the moment.

So out of my 10 mothers, i have only my free for all, cheese x nl, and jackie psd cuts. The latter two are a friends selections, the most interesting of which, and my new 100% definate mother is the jackie psd. This is a cross of a uk cut called jackie p, which is a cross of the uk g13 cut (which is probably a g13/hp cut), with a 98 jack herer. This was crossed to a sour diesel male by a fellow uk grower, and the seeds distributed. My mate picked this particular mum i have here out of the seeds he grew, and it's some fine ass shit to be sure.

I currently have 1 of these cuts in flower on its own under my 400watt, in coco and perlite. Its been super cropped, and is now being bent to fill the tent. The smell of it is astounding. Stronger than cheese or pyschosis, and its only two weeks into 12/12 now.

I have a picture of it i took last week, but i would rather post an up to date one as its come aling since then, which i will do when i get a chance.

My other two mothers, the ffa and cheese x nl are outside, braving the uk weather. The cheese x nl has been grown outside in the uk before and does well. The ffa is a pretty fast flowerer, so should do ok. I'll be taking cuts from them at some point. Not sure how many mothers i am going to keep though from now on. And i'd like to keep a couple of my own selections, so anything not effing out of this world will be got rid of. These two are both in coco and perlite.

Along with them are 14 auto flowerers. A mixture of dieselryder, dieselryder x ak and auto ak. A friend gave me these as my indoor grow was screwed so i'd at least have something going. They are all in soil and doing OK.

In veg indoors i have some seedling plants in coco, in search of my own mothers. More superskunkxnorthernlights, green poison and ch9 flower. Also got 6 rooted jakie psd cuttings, a couple of which will go into coco, the rest i'll donate to the needy, lol.

I'm quite happy i am able to start my diary up again, i have really missed growing the past couple of months and i'm so glad to be back up and running again, it feels great. And i'm going to make sure i grow better weed then ever before now, as you never know which plant will be your last.

Peace all, stay cool.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 21 July 2009 at 09:57
nice to see you back and growing solidopc always a pleasure to read your threads and drool over your pics

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 22 July 2009 at 22:44
Nice one dude, respect. Here's the pictures of the jackie psd cutting, taken yesterday, day 16 of 12/12. It's being tied under the light using yoyos, lol, which seems kind of ironic, seeing as they're designed to hold the branches up. But job's a good 'en.

She's allmost filling the whole tent now, which is ok, as i've nothing big enough to go in there for at least a few weeks yet. In my all powerful coco/perlite mix. Ditched soil completly indoors now. Really reeks this plant, smells more at this point than cheese or pyschosis, and i prefer the smell, diesel dankness.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 23 July 2009 at 17:04
great looking plant as usual solid

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 25 July 2009 at 00:43
thats a beautiful looking lady solid.
good to see you up and running again man %3co%20high

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 25 July 2009 at 01:44
Cheers man. Not sure i'll be keeping this as a mother anymore. Stretches alot, and i've spotted a couple of balls on it. Not sure if it's because i supercropped it and tied it down, its had a few brnahces be snapped on the inside, but either way, i can't be dealing with unstable diesel genetics, throwing balls here and there. So i've raped my free for all of most its branches, and will use that instead for the foreseeable future, while i look for my own personal selection.

Never thought i'd say this, but i am pretty sure i'll be buying another pack of the ch9 flower. Wasn't the densest of buds, like say the ssxnl, not bad buds at all mind, but the aroma, flavour and speed of flowering were awesome. Probably my favourite grown and smoked so far was the one i kept as a cutting the last round. Bloody lost it in the rip down, and only had 1 seed left, so really fancy another go with them. Preferred smoking that to any elite cutting i've done so far, which says alot i think. Got me thinking, all cuttings are just somebodies personal selection, so why would someone elses selection be better than your own, which is suited to your own tastes, and unique to you. Won't say no to cuttings mind, i do like variety, but i think i can better fill my needs by finding my own mothers, than just growing other peoples.

Anyway, in veg is a ch9 flower, ssxnl, and green posion and 4 free for all cuttings. Planted my last two ice seeds yesterday aswell. The previous 2 never germed, so i'm really hoping these do. Also should have a couple of ch9 citral skunk, or mendocino coming this week from a mate, which will go straight in.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Posted By: patch
Date Posted: 25 July 2009 at 03:47
might have to get some ch9 :P sounds tasty, lol..
whats the diff with ch9 citral skunk?

Can you bend plants in flower btw, like day  60 +..?
~I just chopped 1 and have more space for it, but dont wanna stress them! if it will
 dont want balls ! lol, got my own %3clown

-------------
I grow to smoke, I smoke to get high.

Date Posted: 25 July 2009 at 09:57
thats a shame dude, she looks good in the pics.
just give me a shout if you ever fancy trying anything ive got, i cant go on enough about the s#1 i found, the only downside to her is, she is from feminised seed, so im not sure about using her for breeding. but as for quality of smoke, shes right up there.

hey patch, bending now shouldnt be a problem, even if it produced a few balls, there isnt enough time for the seeds to form.
the problem you might find is that the branches might be a bit tough for bending, be careful not to snap them.

BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 25 July 2009 at 17:16
What's your skunk#1 like, is it a lemony skunk, or fruity skunk? I really liked the gh lemon skunk i tried from a mate, but didn't fancy buying any of their gear, which is why i have the citral skunk on the way. Do like a lemony/fruity skunk.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 26 July 2009 at 23:44
its definately more fruity skunk, than lemony skunk, but it has a real dankness to it, and dare i say it, even a bit of cheeseyness to it too, it yeilds better than anything else ive grown, even the psychosis, and its on a par for potency with the super skunk.

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Print Page | Close Window