Print Page | Close Window

Northern Lights #5 x Haze and Silver Haze #9

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Indoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your indoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14847
Printed Date: 15 December 2019 at 18:18

Topic: Northern Lights #5 x Haze and Silver Haze #9
Posted By: Hash Driveway
Subject: Northern Lights #5 x Haze and Silver Haze #9
Date Posted: 21 April 2013 at 22:35
Hi all *waves and smiles*

Apologies for neglecting you for months. Times are tough for us 'precariat.'

I wasnt going to have a grow this year due to unpredictable home visits from officialdom but..

I had 2 seeds in the drawer from 2 years ago and I wondered if they would crack. They did.

So I've got 2 nice little seedlings, perfect for a diary, except they're both GHS and one of them is 'J*** H****'. Now I know Sensi are cool about any strain being the subject of a diary here but..

So still enthused with the notion of a diary, I procured something less controversial:

2 of Sensi Northern Lights #5 x Haze
2 of Sensi Silver Haze #9

Same equipment as last year bar replacing the TT fan with a Ruck.

Grow space is a 1600mm x 900mm 900mm tent

Lighting is 400W metal halide/dual spectrum hps.

Grow medium is Levingtons MP to which i add roughly 10% perlite.

The larder

From the left

Plant Magic Plus Oldtimers Organic Bloom (no grow nute required this time)
Bat shit for flower boost
Plant Magic Plus granules (a granular innoculant which forms a symbiotic relationship with the roots apparently.) You sprinkle it in the pot hole in the compost when potting up,
and Formulex, which renders the grow not strictly organic but who give's a fuck.

And finally, the plants

Because of unknown future visits from officialdom, I've decided to do 2 seeds at a time. First pair I want to grow naturally, to see how they develop and what they look like. Second pair will be topped.

The first pair are now 9 days old

.....................Northern Lights #5 x Haze................................................Silver Haze #9

So yeah, the SH9 is going much better than the NL5xH. I'm not sure what was/is wrong with it, I suspect I may have damaged it when transferring to the compost. It hardly grew it's first week and the seed leaves are a bit deformed. I gave them both some Formulex and both have responded well but if the runty one continues with it's runty ways I may yet plant the other NL5xH seed.

So that's a start then. At this stage I'm particularly interested to hear from growers who have grown these strains before, specifically the height of the plant when you flipped the light and the finished height, give or take a pheno or 2.

Everyone else, I look forward to catching up with where you're at.

Yours in weed
HD

Replies:
Posted By: alecky
Date Posted: 22 April 2013 at 00:41
Hi HD, good to see ya back at it, I'm looking forward to seeing how the JH does, can't be all that bad eh? I grew the Sensi one, huge plants with a lot of quick stretching for the first 2-3 weeks of flower. After running her a couple of times I found tying her down early was a must!

The nl5hz seedling looks fine, I just put one into flower today, it was vegged for about 3 months, topped loads of times and stands at approx 2ft now. I imagine we will go through a lot of twine between us in the coming months.

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 22 April 2013 at 23:32
Thanks alecky, it feels good to be back 'at it', it's hands down the best hobby ever,

I dont got the JH anymore, or the other one (Moby Dick.) My mate (sandy beach) took them on. He reckons GH 'JH' is great, indeed, it was sandy that recommended i buy it. I'll be interested in sampling it when he gets it done.

Flowering a NL5xH at 2 foot? That's surely going to become a monster, you'll be needing rope not twine. Have you got the space?

Posted By: sandy beach
Date Posted: 28 April 2013 at 18:48
the nl haze is small,but it looks healthy enough.maybe have to give them more veg time than you first thought.

Date Posted: 30 April 2013 at 20:29
Originally posted by sandy beach

the nl haze is small,but it looks healthy enough.maybe have to give them more veg time than you first thought.

It's looking like a nature malfunction. It's produced more sets of leaves but it's still tiny. I'll put some pics up in a bit.

Date Posted: 30 April 2013 at 21:08
Aye so, 50% of the grow is doing fine.

Day 9

Day 17

Northern Lights #5 x Haze.........................................Silver Haze #9

The SH9 is doing fine as you can see. The NL5 not so much.

I'm not sure what's wrong with it or if it's even fixable. I've tried Formulex in the soil, then on the leaves. I swapped the metal halide for HPS, I even tried top dressing the soil with the root stuff and watering it with a pipette.  Nothing doing.

I shall persevere with it but the other NL5 seed went between the plates today.

Date Posted: 12 May 2013 at 21:30
Still not much to look at yet but here's an update anyway

Day 17

........................ Day 7 ............................................................. Day 30

..........Northern Lights #5 x Haze.........................................Silver Haze #9 

So as you might have noticed, a substitution has been made. The original NL5 was having a rubbish game and needed hooking. It's still alive but only just. The replacement is doing just fine.

The Silver Haze is on the cusp of going 12/12

I don't think I dare let it get much taller (I can accommodate plants just over a metre in height.)

The metal halide keeps it plenty bushy however

and I'm gonna stick with it for the first 7-10 days of 12/12 to try and keep things low.

Things will get more interesting soon I hope.

Date Posted: 01 June 2013 at 20:10
Still not much to look at yet,

Last time:
............................ Day 7 ............................................................. Day 30

This time:
.............................. Day 27 ............................................................. Day 50

...................Northern Lights #5 x Haze.........................................Silver Haze #9 

I've made a few errors I'm afraid. I reckoned I wouldn't need grow nute and that the nutrient in the compost would suffice. Wrong. Both of em had an N deficiency soon after going 12/12 which now seems to have stabilised (after feeding some grow nute %3cmbarrass%3cd)

For the diary, both went 12/12 16 days ago when the NL5 was 3 inches (75mm), the SH9 7 inches (180mm). They are now 6 inches (150mm) and 17 inches (430mm) respectively. I've decided that the SH9 is now properly in flower, starting today. The NL5 isn't showing a single pre-flower as yet.

This will get more interesting soon, i promise..

Date Posted: 08 June 2013 at 15:37
As promised, this week's update is more interesting, I reckon by maybe 10-15%.

Anyway, last week:

This week:
............................ Day 34 ........................................................................ Day 57

.....................Northern Lights #5 x Haze................................................Silver Haze #9 

The Silver Haze's stretch has slowed over the last few days and it now stands about 24 inches (610mm).

The NL5 has hardly grown in height at all, maybe an inch or so. All it's growth activity is happening on the stalk

I'm not sure what's gonna happen next, I assume it will take off on it's stretch any day.

Back in the tent, the SH9 is into it's final pot and the NL5 sits on a stool to make it the same height

I'm going to stick my neck out and predict the next update will be 25% more interesting than this one.

Date Posted: 16 June 2013 at 20:48
8 days ago:

Today:
........................... Day 42 ........................................................................ Day 65

....................Northern Lights #5 x Haze................................................Silver Haze #9 

For the diary, the SH9 has been in flower 16 days, the NL5 8 days. Both are on 4ml/L of Plant Magic Oldtimer Organic Grow. 

I'm finding this vegging/flowering simultaneously more difficult than the more usual veg then flower. The 12/12 cycle limits access and what to feed them is a bit perplexing.

The SH9's lower leaves look underfed whilst the upper leaves show signs of being overfed. I'd show you but

Access Denied

%3crror Error
Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

is what I get on the pic upload thing. I'll try and finish this later.

Date Posted: 16 June 2013 at 21:14
Right, where was I..
Aye, yellow fan leaves below, yellow tips above. It's only grown a couple of inches the past week (now 26 inches)

but it is filling out

I think I'll give it bloom nute next feed.

The NL5 still hasnt stretched, slowly creeping up to about 10 inches

It's foliage is a tangled up mess

Is it going to stretch or is this just how they grow?

Date Posted: 18 June 2013 at 13:26
Hey bud i doubt its going to stretch anymore at this stage of the game. I think its the chance you take when going straight to 12/12, some plants are ok with it and others arent, your 5hz looks like it could have done with a bit of veg time but ive seen more sativa leaning ones that seem to like the directly into flowering route. Ive tried it a few times and always ended up with similar plants to your 5hz. Now i try veg for as long as possible, pruning and tieing plants down to keep them manageable. Also when they are vegged to bigger more mature plants the stretch when flowering is induced, is much less than that of a younger plant. 

The 5hz i had, that i was convinced was a girl, turned out to be a male! BAH!! Your silver haze looks the biz, going to be some nice buds on her! Are they both fem seeds you started?                     

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 19 June 2013 at 21:47
Hi Alecky, and thanks for taking the time to reply.

It does look like what you say is happening, all flower no branch. I did veg it for a few weeks (to 3 inches) but obviously not long enough for this particular plant. If I try it again I'll probably veg to 6 - 8 inches and top it.  I think I've slightly under-vegged the silver haze as well (famous last words) but it's all good learning and there'll be something decent to smoke at the end I'm sure.

Both were fem seeds.

How's your mother plant doing?

Edit: I just re-read your 1st post. Not a mother plant more a father figure.. That's bad luck mate, a lot of time and effort wasted. I may only have a midget but at least I got that..

Date Posted: 20 June 2013 at 17:01
I wouldnt mind having a midget, one that can roll joints would be great.
On the veg time, the terminology we all use has overshadowed what stage the plant is actually at. The first couple of weeks after the seed has broke the soil is the seedling stage, when the plant has grown its first few sets of real leaves and has out grown its seedling pot,that could be 3inches high or 8 inches high, depends on the seedling,  its then potted on and the growing cycle begins, until flowering starts or is induced.

People now call anytime after the seed has broke ground as the "veg period" and it ends up causing confusion. So really, to give a plant 2weeks veg before flowering, that plant should actually be about 4 weeks old going into flower.  I agree its a learning curve but an enjoyable one!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 June 2013 at 23:29
Another very helpful post, thanks man, it makes sense now. When it went 12/12 it only had 1 set of real leaves which weren't even fully formed. I imagine that because the plant had to wait to grow the requisite amount of real leaves before stretching, the flowering phase arrived before it got the chance to stretch, or something. I can't leave it at that, I'm gonna have to get another seed. £%3cuch 

What can I expect it to turn into? Do they still grow healthily, is it worth potting up? Also, was your recent disappointment a reg or a fem? You were trying to grow a mega plant weren't ya. must be very disappointing.

Date Posted: 22 June 2013 at 01:39
I doubt there's any point in potting her up but I'm not 100% sure about that. If you do decide to, be extra careful when handling the root ball, it would be very easy to do more harm than good! It she were mine I'd leave her be and let her do her thing. Mine was a regular seed but it was mns version not sensi's. It was a disappointment but it was the 9th male in a row, all nl5hz,i was sure he was a she tho... I've a few seeds left and was thinking of starting a couple more.

-------------

Posted By: Solidopc
Date Posted: 24 June 2013 at 15:49
Looks lovely man. NL5/Haze is freakin amazing.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 30 June 2013 at 21:37
Originally posted by alecky

I doubt there's any point in potting her up but I'm not 100% sure about that. If you do decide to, be extra careful when handling the root ball, it would be very easy to do more harm than good! It she were mine I'd leave her be and let her do her thing. Mine was a regular seed but it was mns version not sensi's. It was a disappointment but it was the 9th male in a row, all nl5hz,i was sure he was a she tho... I've a few seeds left and was thinking of starting a couple more.

Thanks for the guidance again alecky, in the two weeks that have passed it still doesn't need potting up and won't need potting up. The root and branch structure haven't gotten any bigger.

I expect you'll have those seeds planted by now. That bad run has to stop sometime..

Date Posted: 30 June 2013 at 21:49
Originally posted by Solidopc

Looks lovely man. NL5/Haze is freakin amazing.

Hey Solid, good to hear from you fella.

I'm really looking forward to sampling them both. Size of them, a sample's all I'll get..

I take it your 'green thumbing' is still not possible?

Date Posted: 30 June 2013 at 22:32
14 days ago:

Today:
........................... Day 56 ........................................................................ Day 79

..................Northern Lights #5 x Haze................................................Silver Haze #9 

Height wise, they're the same as a fortnight ago (11 and 26 inches), Bit more bud on them but plod could never accuse the grower of intent to supply.

Here's the silver haze's top at 30 days of flowering

Not much eating on it but what there is looks tasty. The other silver haze seed is now a 5 day old seedling. It's gonna be vegged much longer than the one above.

The NL5 is hopefully the ugliest plant I'll ever produce

Looking at it, if I'd allowed it develop a decent structure to grow bud on, it would have produced a lot. I'm sure it's as frustrated as I am. 

Only been in flower 22 days

so things will probably get uglier. I got another NL5 seed which I'll crack when the new silver haze has grown a bit more. Much more veg time next time, again.

Some lessons learned for the next run, No excuses.

Date Posted: 30 June 2013 at 23:30
Good things come in small packages HD! I bet they both be killer smoke. Silver haze buds look lovely.

-------------

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 05 July 2013 at 03:20
Pretty plants or ugly plants they all go into the grinder the same way ;)

Looking forward to how these finish.

sara %3ceed%20leaf

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 20 July 2013 at 21:34

Good things come in small packages HD! I bet they both be killer smoke. Silver haze buds look lovely.

Cheers alecky! Bigger isn't always better, but given the choice, you take bigger every time..

Date Posted: 20 July 2013 at 21:43
Originally posted by sarah louise

Pretty plants or ugly plants they all go into the grinder the same way ;)

Looking forward to how these finish.

sara %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

Hello sara, nice to hear from you, hope your ailments aren't giving you too much gyp.

The silver haze is finished already. I'll post the pics in a bit.

Date Posted: 20 July 2013 at 22:31
So. after 98 days here is the Silver Haze #9

Still just 26 inches tall and only 49 days in flower, it is ready 

I'm not sure why my plants ripen early, but who cares

Even though it smells like hot corned beef with just a hint of grapefruit, it's the most attractively scented plant I've grown. My nose was always in it

It's size restricted the yield somewhat but I'm happy enough

My mistake was to 12/12 it too soon @ 7 inches although it nearly quadrupled in height.

So with that one safely swinging upside down, here's the next one

It's 25 days old, 10 inches tall and was topped today. It's going to be a bit bigger.

Date Posted: 21 July 2013 at 03:23
Looks delicious man! Loving the big fat calyxes.   Have you smoked any yet?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 July 2013 at 21:48

Looks delicious man! Loving the big fat calyxes.   Have you smoked any yet?

I smoked a scarcely flammable bit of popcorn last weekend to see if I could start flushing. I could barely get a toke out of it but it has potency. I'll not smoke it again until it's ready, promise.

And yeah, thanks man, a very pretty strain. I'd grow it again for the aroma. I've been hanging out in the drying cupboard quite a bit too.

Date Posted: 10 August 2013 at 22:03
So the initial Northern Lights #5 x Haze is ready after 96 days (62 in flower.)

Towering 12 inches over the soil, this is what you might get when you under-veg an NL5

For a 12 inch plant it's produced a goodly amount but I'll be glad to see the back of it. Progress was painfully slow

Cant wait to have a smoke at it however. It's last 3 weeks flowering was spent under metal halide so it might be quite interesting.

So taking what I learned from the first attempt, here's the second attempt

It's 30 days old, just touching 16 inches tall and was topped at 4 sets of leaves. Since the picture was taken, I fimmed the top 2 tips to give it a little more veg time.

The second silver haze went 12/12 about a week ago, the first silver haze is an awesome smoke, my new favourite. Smells and tastes great with a huge soaring high. Very moreish, I've been smoking the fuck out of it.

Date Posted: 11 August 2013 at 09:20
Despite the size they do look like lovely buds HD :D

looking forward to seeing the next ones.

-------------

Posted By: 1966
Date Posted: 25 August 2013 at 16:59
Hello HD i hope you are.
Its all lookin good,Best of luck until a bountiful harvest.
Have a good day

-------------
Live and let live

Posted By: billy bong
Date Posted: 25 August 2013 at 17:40
how do you find the plant magic granuales? i have used it a good few times and the root growth seems really really healthy and quite strong root growth..

just looking at your tent reminds me i need a new one lol :)

Date Posted: 25 August 2013 at 22:56

Despite the size they do look like lovely buds HD :D

looking forward to seeing the next ones.

Thanks sara, wee they might be but crikey, what a smoke. I had my first go on the NL5xH last night and wow. Strong and trippy and awesome. Made my palms and soles tingle.

Next ones are doing fine and much much bigger.

Date Posted: 25 August 2013 at 23:00
Originally posted by 1966

Hello HD i hope you are.
Its all lookin good,Best of luck until a bountiful harvest.
Have a good day

Thanks, and you too man %3coving%20it

Date Posted: 25 August 2013 at 23:20
Originally posted by billy bong

how do you find the plant magic granuales? i have used it a good few times and the root growth seems really really healthy and quite strong root growth..

just looking at your tent reminds me i need a new one lol :)

Hey Billy, nice to see you back.

I find the granules to be a bit hit and miss. Application is difficult, even when you mist the potting hole and the rootball, it's hard to make it stick, after all, it has to be immediately in contact with the roots to have any effect. The one noticeable effect I observed was with the 2nd NL5xH. I grew it big in it's 250ml seedling pot so the compost was well marbled, misted it, rolled it in the granules and chucked heaps at the sides of the potting hole. Even though I potted it into a 10L pot, there was fat white roots poking out the drain holes after a couple of days.

Isnt my tent the same one as yours (DS90?)

Date Posted: 26 August 2013 at 11:25
ye our tents are similiar but yours is hell of alot newer then mine :( i have been contemplating weather or not to purchase a new one. the local shop has a nice one 1.2x1.2x2m for 150 euro..

i got my granules from plant magic as a demo when they first released there product. when i was using it i used quite alot and it worked a treat :)

i nearly always let my seedlings get a little root bound, when transplanted the roots just exploded in the bigger pot..

Posted By: l0ld4ve
Date Posted: 29 August 2013 at 03:49
Those buds are looking real good.

Date Posted: 31 August 2013 at 21:15
Originally posted by l0ld4ve

Those buds are looking real good.

Yeah, thanks l0ld4ve. Just not enough of them. More on the way tho.

Date Posted: 31 August 2013 at 22:26
So here comes the second wave

........................................... Day 51 ........................................................................ Day 67

.................................Northern Lights #5 x Haze.................................Silver Haze #9 

For the diary, the NL5 has been 12/12ing for about 18 days and in flower maybe 7 days. The silver haze has 12/12ed for roughly 28 days, in flower for approximately 12 days. It all got a bit hazey [sic] after the 1st harvest.

Here's the 2nd phase silver haze

I'm sure it's giving me the peace sign. For fellow height obsessives, it was touching 16 inches when 12/12ed and now stands about 32 inches. Stretch has slowed this past week and it's in too big a pot, (10l) 3/4 the size would have been better as it's a bit unstable when the soil's dry. I think it will be tent-bound and yoyo-ed pretty soon. When I grow this strain again (and I will) I think I'll try for the same as what I have with the NL5.

You may recall (but probably not) that after topping I fimmed the 2 main growths. Turns out I made an arse of it by not cutting enough off and, after a delay, the grow tip and leaf began to regenerate so I topped them again which stalled them again. Pretty even canopy was the fortunate result. It was 12/12ed @ 18 inches and now stands 26 inches and growing.

Diary commitments met, it's time to get baked. Again.

Date Posted: 31 August 2013 at 23:01
Looking great HD! There a good size this time around.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 September 2013 at 20:11
It looks pretty cool all evened out. I've tried it, but never been able to pull it off, there's always a couple that outgrow the rest.

Posted By: sicklehand
Date Posted: 02 September 2013 at 09:46

It looks pretty cool all evened out. I've tried it, but never been able to pull it off, there's always a couple that outgrow the rest.

Have you tried super cropping? it can help even out tall branches/plants.

-------------
Peace

Date Posted: 02 September 2013 at 23:45
Originally posted by sicklehand

Have you tried super cropping? it can help even out tall branches/plants.

I do super crop most branches, and I gotta work on the the way I tie them down, cause sometimes I don't tie them all down and they get different grow spurts. Specially sativas, indicas tend to be more manageable in that regard.
Outside the sun is pretty even, although sometimes it's not, or sometimes there are objects casting uneven shadows on the plants, and I just find out too late.

Date Posted: 05 October 2013 at 20:44
Very nearly harvest time.

36 days ago:
  .................................Northern Lights #5 x Haze.................................Silver Haze #9 

Today:
.............Silver Haze #9  (Day 103)

..................................................................Northern Lights #5 x Haze (Day 87)

So yeah, both have been supported and tent-bound for weeks now so apologies for the crappish pics.

Gonna have to abort this post because of that 'Access Denied' pish when trying to post a pic %3c3cngry

Back soon..

Date Posted: 05 October 2013 at 21:11
So yeah, the silver haze is still a coupla weeks off being ready

Topping it once gives 2 long colas and not much elsewhere. If I could grow this plant again I'd do it differently. Not complaining tho

The twice-topped NL5 is much more efficient even though it needs 7 yoyos to hold it up. Started flushing it today and will be ready very shortly

Shall try and get some pics in daylight before I chop it.

Date Posted: 05 October 2013 at 21:30

Looking great HD! There a good size this time around.

Thanks alecky! I've actually been too cautious vegging again, albeit somewhat less calamitously than first time round. I could have accommodated the NL5 being a foot taller. Happy with what I got however and learned a lot.

Date Posted: 05 October 2013 at 21:30
Nice1 HD, they look fuckin fantastic mate! I think the twin topped SH#9 is brilliant, you could fit a lot of them in a tent and a should be a dream to trim. The little bit extra veg time this run really shows, great job man!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 October 2013 at 21:33
A foot taller would be a beast! Loadsa buds!! That particular plant I'd say would do extremely well in a scrog.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 October 2013 at 03:58
Spectacular buds.

Date Posted: 06 October 2013 at 13:07
Lovely looking buds HD absolutely beautiful.
Enjoy the fruits of your labour and have a good day

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 06 October 2013 at 18:18
Sweet spiraling jebus HD, themz some beauty's great photography to boot.

All round thumbs up from me, well done Sir.   

-------------
Peace

Date Posted: 06 October 2013 at 20:00
Aw shucks, thanks guys!

For an experimental grow it has turned out quite well. I've felt a bit superfluous since they were imprisoned, all you do is check for when they need watered. I missed not being able to take them out of the tent to gaze at them and breathe them in. I'm not sure what the silver haze smells like individually cos I cant get my nose on it for the criss-cross of yoyo wires lazering round the tent.

Alecky, aye, silver haze is a skinny strain. I could fit another 2 of em in with what I got or maybe 5 or 6 in one grow. As for coming up short again, I reckon just 2 more seeds and I'd get it right.. Too late this year, maybe next year. Dont know about scrogging, I'd still like to grow a proper sized, untopped version of each if only for aesthetics.

Date Posted: 19 October 2013 at 18:37
Wanna tell you a story
'Bout a woman I know
When it comes to buddin'
Ooh, she steals the show
She ain't exactly pretty

Ain't exactly small

99 (days old) 33 (in veg) 55 (in flower)
You could say she's got it all!

So aye, (and with apologies to AC/DC) the Northern Lights #5 x Haze was chopped a coupla days ago

Topped twice, 12/12-ed @ 18 inches finished height was just under 30 inches so more veg time was possible but I really cant find anything to complain about

My previous top yielding plant almost filled a 3 litre curing jar, I reckon this one might beat that.

Great seed Sensi %3clap

So with that out of the road we can finally see the Silver Haze #9 properly. It's got the whole tent to it's self

so I lowered the light and spreadeagled the branches

Still nothing like ripe, it's got time to grow some more. I'll keep you posted.

Date Posted: 19 October 2013 at 18:53
Molto bene

Date Posted: 19 October 2013 at 19:35

Molto bene

Had to look it up, thanks d4ve! %3cmoking

Date Posted: 20 October 2013 at 12:14
stunning NL#5 x Haze HD, Bravo

-------------
Peace

Posted By: SuperDuper
Date Posted: 20 October 2013 at 16:13
mmmmmmmmm like all wais u got a real monsters ther :) V. nice plant ultra super bestregards :)

Date Posted: 05 November 2013 at 22:16
Sickle/SD, thanks boys, I think the seeds should take the credit for the bud, I'll take the blame for the leaves...

I chopped the Silver Haze #9 last week, it didn't finish too pretty

I never got the chance to flush it because the soil wouldn't dry in the colder conditions

The test bud tasted fine. The high is uplifting and very pleasant, gave me a feeling of well-being.

Trimmed up it's still not photogenic but a decent yield I think.

Much more open bud formation compared to the first plant, ropier, more haze like. It's a different smoke to the first plant, I think better.

That took 126 days, 86 of them 12/12, 70 in flower. It was topped at 4 sets of leaves, 12/12ed at 16 inches and at least doubled in height.

And that's the light off til spring.

Date Posted: 05 November 2013 at 22:55
Fantastic genetics.

Date Posted: 06 November 2013 at 10:02
youll have a nice hazy supply to keep you
going till spring, bravo

all the best
sic

-------------
Peace

Posted By: TheUkOne
Date Posted: 08 March 2014 at 18:12
hey hd, aint been on for a year or two! good to see theres still a couple old faces still here. what did you recon to both strains? your buds are looking juicy from here lol, i think its time for me to get back on with 1 or 2 plants again but bot sure what sensi seeds to try

Date Posted: 09 March 2014 at 12:00
Hello HD
I agree she isn't the prettiest of girls but she does look to be a decent yielder.
As long as the smoke is good and your happy with the final results that's all that matters.
Enjoy that smoke and have a good day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 14 March 2014 at 19:18
HD that is some whopper very nice buds fair play :) excellent results

Date Posted: 25 March 2014 at 22:17
Is it spring yet?

Cheers sic, still (after 4 months) not dry enough to cure yet. Mass snippings have been burned however.

Date Posted: 25 March 2014 at 22:42
Originally posted by TheUkOne

hey hd, aint been on for a year or two! good to see theres still a couple old faces still here. what did you recon to both strains? your buds are looking juicy from here lol, i think its time for me to get back on with 1 or 2 plants again but bot sure what sensi seeds to try

Hi man, great to hear you're alive!

Both strains are top smoke especially the silver haze, the high is really pleasant and clear. As for growing, a bit difficult compared to what I've grown up until now but I might come back to this with 2 more seeds and see if I can get it right.

Get some seeds on and start a diary. I'll see you there. It'll be just like old times..

Date Posted: 25 March 2014 at 22:50
Originally posted by 1966

Hello HD
I agree she isn't the prettiest of girls but she does look to be a decent yielder.
As long as the smoke is good and your happy with the final results that's all that matters.
Enjoy that smoke and have a good day.

Thanks '66, it's on my to do list to grow a pretty one.

Date Posted: 25 March 2014 at 22:57
Originally posted by billy bong

HD that is some whopper very nice buds fair play :) excellent results

Thanks man, some amazin shit can happen in a DS90, as you know.

Date Posted: 27 March 2014 at 11:38
Hi HD, I just caught up with your log... wow, some lovely buds there to keep you company during the cold. Are you planning another run of either the nl#5xhaze or the silver haze#9?

-------------

Posted By: Solidopc
Date Posted: 03 April 2014 at 21:33
that nlhaze looks fantastic dude. surprised she didn't stretch more. senses description says they can get tall. what she smell like?

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Date Posted: 14 April 2014 at 14:59
Originally posted by Hash Driveway

[QUOTE=TheUkOne] hey hd, aint been on for a year or two! good to see theres still a couple old faces still here. what did you recon to both strains? your buds are looking juicy from here lol, i think its time for me to get back on with 1 or 2 plants again but bot sure what sensi seeds to try

Hi man, great to hear you're alive!

Both strains are top smoke especially the silver haze, the high is really pleasant and clear. As for growing, a bit difficult compared to what I've grown up until now but I might come back to this with 2 more seeds and see if I can get it right.

Get some seeds on and start a diary. I'll see you there. It'll be just like old times..

hey hd... il be ordering some seeds this week from sensi, what have you grown over the last couple of years you could recomend?
p.s hopefully it wont be like old times haha

Date Posted: 16 April 2014 at 23:58

Hi HD, I just caught up with your log... wow, some lovely buds there to keep you company during the cold. Are you planning another run of either the nl#5xhaze or the silver haze#9?

Thank you Sara, still learning still making mistakes.

Absolutely I'll grow these again. I've found (now I have the option) that I prefer high to stoned. I still like stoned tho.

Date Posted: 17 April 2014 at 00:11
Originally posted by Solidopc

that nlhaze looks fantastic dude. surprised she didn't stretch more. senses description says they can get tall. what she smell like?

Thanks Solid, I've a low ceiling so I tend to be a bit cautious. It's finally dry, I got 3.5 ounces from a 30 inch plant plus multiple samplings.

It smells great, sorta sweetish honey with perhaps a hint of KP beef crisps.

Date Posted: 17 April 2014 at 00:40

hey hd... il be ordering some seeds this week from sensi, what have you grown over the last couple of years you could recomend?
p.s hopefully it wont be like old times haha

Old times like with bud rot and hermies you mean? That was Skunk #1, maybe we didnt do it justice, I certainly didnt know what I was doing.

I dont know what you should get mate, I've done Jack Flash #5, Northern Lights #5 x Haze and Silver Haze #9, and they're all brilliant. Havent you been growing lately?

Date Posted: 17 April 2014 at 00:43

Date Posted: 17 April 2014 at 04:58

Absolutely I'll grow these again. I've found (now I have the option) that I prefer high to stoned. I still like stoned tho.

As to learning and making mistakes... I'm still doing it, doubt I will ever get to a point that there is nothing more to learn.

Have to agree re high or stoned... they are both good in the right circumstances. .. and seeing as it has gone 1pm, I think I might get out my little brass pipe and get a little high... it will help screen out the noise coming from my feral neighbours.

Looking forward to seeing your next grow. %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 23 April 2014 at 16:35
hey hd, yes im still growing but i only do 1 plant, i struggle with space these days lol

Posted By: Scourge
Date Posted: 24 April 2014 at 03:11
Well done with the SH mate!

I think that in some point you watered the NLxHaze too much, because the leaves were "hanging". Also it might be that if you have changed the pot bigger in the early stage of flowering, the plant would have been (slightly) bigger and less stressed.

I have NL5xHaze going on at the moment my self.
Also had small / short "veg" period before inducing to shorter day.
Not sure what day (21-29) since light change but the plant's are not showing any hairs yet, so thinking they will stretch quite a lot still. At the moment about 10-15 inches.

Keep going and you will get there :)

Cya later!

Date Posted: 28 April 2014 at 21:58
Originally posted by Scourge

Well done with the SH mate!

I think that in some point you watered the NLxHaze too much, because the leaves were "hanging". Also it might be that if you have changed the pot bigger in the early stage of flowering, the plant would have been (slightly) bigger and less stressed.

I have NL5xHaze going on at the moment my self.
Also had small / short "veg" period before inducing to shorter day.
Not sure what day (21-29) since light change but the plant's are not showing any hairs yet, so thinking they will stretch quite a lot still. At the moment about 10-15 inches.

Keep going and you will get there :)

Cya later!

Hi, thanks and welcome Scourge!

My leaves 'hang' because of my always less than 30% humidity I reckon. I've experimented with a humidifier but you can cause far more damage than good. Let 'em hang.

Any movement with your NL#5xH?

Date Posted: 28 April 2014 at 22:27

As to learning and making mistakes... I'm still doing it, doubt I will ever get to a point that there is nothing more to learn.

Have to agree re high or stoned... they are both good in the right circumstances. .. and seeing as it has gone 1pm, I think I might get out my little brass pipe and get a little high... it will help screen out the noise coming from my feral neighbours.

Looking forward to seeing your next grow. %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

Thanks sara, the next grow is well underway and, given my new preference to getting high I am of course growing Sensi super skunk. New diary required to explain.

Was gonna do a Neighbours gag but bad neighbours is no laughing matter. Hope you get that resolved. %3cmoking

Date Posted: 28 April 2014 at 22:31

hey hd, yes im still growing but i only do 1 plant, i struggle with space these days lol

I'll see you over on your complaining thread %3congue

Date Posted: 29 April 2014 at 07:41

Was gonna do a Neighbours gag but bad neighbours is no laughing matter. Hope you get that resolved. %3c3cmoking

Oh I don't live in a Neighbours sort of area... more like Housos lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez-OztQWc_8 - housos

They leave me alone, they are just loud and foul mouthed... very loud sometimes.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 April 2014 at 18:08

I'll see you over on your complaining thread %3c3congue

stop trying to jinx me you twat lol

Date Posted: 29 April 2014 at 18:15
also i owe a big sorry to the sensi team and shop in dam. i blamed them for errors a couple of years a go with the sk#1 but later found out it was my own fault... SORRY SENSI GUYS

Print Page | Close Window