Print Page | Close Window

water of life.

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Indoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your indoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11143
Printed Date: 15 December 2019 at 23:32

Topic: water of life.
Posted By: justmethen
Subject: water of life.
Date Posted: 06 October 2012 at 16:45
hello all. I`am researching info on hydroponics,companys offering the nutrients give the user the option to choose nutes for hard or soft water. How do u test tap water to determin whether it is soft or hard?  bearing in mind i do not have any equipement at all.i will get ph and ec meters in due course,maybe i should get all the equipement first and purchase nutes last got a ways to go but u got to start somewherei have grown in soil mix in past with good results,want to give hydro a go when i get me wee heed round it lol.

-------------
Sticky scissors to all.

Replies:
Posted By: 1966
Date Posted: 06 October 2012 at 17:02
Were abouts do you live?
If you get a ec-ppm metre i think i am right in saying that if it is below 250 ppm it is a soft water region but i may be wrong on that so do not take it as gospel.
I am guesing from your post you may be up in scotland it seems it is soft water.
http://www.dynapipe.co.uk/hard-water.htm
That is assuming you are in scotland.
Is it the Ionic nutes by growth technology you are thinking of using?
Hope this helps.
Have good day.

-------------
Live and let live

Posted By: justmethen
Date Posted: 07 October 2012 at 00:10
thanks sensi grower for info.good guess i`am scottish but live in north england,and yes it`s the ionic nute`s i was thinking of using they seem reasonably priced.i`ll wait till i get ec meter and test the water before i purchase tho and that`ll be 1 mistake avoided before i even start, sure i`ll have more questions  as i go.thanks to sensi seeds for this site and again to sgrower

-------------
Sticky scissors to all.

Print Page | Close Window