Print Page | Close Window

New Grow.

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Indoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your indoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10928
Printed Date: 15 December 2019 at 07:28

Topic: New Grow.
Posted By: mellow
Subject: New Grow.
Date Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:03
Hey,

So I got some ARMA? x Cherry widdow and my last 2 SupperSkunk seeds.

If anyone has heard of this strain, please let me know.

The only thing I could find was armagedon skunk? when I googled it?

All three of the cherry widow crosses turned out real nice, so i hope these are good.

About 4 weeks ago I started 10 seeds, directly in coco(first time), the seed were almost white in colour(so maybe imature)? Anyway only 4 cracked after 2 weeks and they were looking real sickly.

I decided to crack another 12 in paper towels and they all cracked fine.

I potted them up, with the 4 crap ones, and they started to look sickley, so I bought some more ph tester fluid and my ph meter was out by 0.6, yikes.

So i was giving them 6. whatever.

Anyway, I gave them a day to dry out, then wacked them on a 1.5mil/ltr of anb, and they've been loving me for it.

So they are 2 weeks old and coming on nicley, I know these will be beastie plants.

Plants are in 10cm pots, under a 250w blue cfl. even this young some of them are not getting as much light as i'd like. I will be whacking them under a MH once i pot them to 3.5ltrs.

Replies:
Posted By: sicklehand
Date Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:10
looking good mellow, good luck with the grow.

Date Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:22
Cheers Sickle,

I fecked up the PH, but that wont happen again ever, and it's not hurt them bad at all, just the first single bladed true leaf, I can live with losing them.

It's always hard to tell how big a plant is in photos, but they are between 2-3" tall and they are on there 5th set of leaves, so I'm made up, just gutted half will be males.

Posted By: 1966
Date Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:57
Well alls looking good now Mellow.
Good luck with the rest of the grow as always i will be following it avidly.
Will you be topping them or just letting them grow au natural?
Have a good weekend.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 21 July 2012 at 13:44
Hey,

There's no way I will ever top another plant. I have 5 topped in the tent at the mo.

all are under 1 meter, 3 are tiny, 2 are big(wide), so i'll see what they give back.

The thing that's put me off topping is, you chop the main stem, so that part doesn't really go once you flip, just the parts above it.

My tent is 2meters high, so I don't want 2 or 3 foot plants as I'm wasting space, both in width and height(cause a topped plant is also wider than as none topped one).

I will however try some fimming, IMO, that's the way to go, from what i've seen. but not on these I don't wanna feck em up.

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 23 July 2012 at 01:28
Looking good so far Mellow. No need to be 'gutted' about getting males... pollen has it uses.

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 24 July 2012 at 20:22
Cheers sarah,

So I have officially lost my battle with the borg.

Obviously I need to be more viligent. I'm gonna flush all the plants in the main tent, then get to scrubbing.

Anyway got a nice suprise in the post today.

Now I still can't get my head around the pricing of the mixed fem pack? There are no cheaper fem seeds on sensi's website, but they have more expensive seeds in the pack? Anyway, they just seemed like too much of a bargin not to at least try out.

Posted By: Lahori-Munda
Date Posted: 24 July 2012 at 23:42
Mine came in this packaging. They were bought from a uk based reseller. I wonder if mine are real. Strain name is printed on a sticker and not on the packaging.

Date Posted: 25 July 2012 at 00:16
Hey,

I normally buy direct from sensi, the jack flash I bought from a UK retailer, cause i was passing the shop and nipped in.

The pack i have from sensi doesn't have a sticker on the seed packaging, the name is just printed on the label. The retailer seeds do have a sticker with the name on them?

I just took off the sticker and there is nothing underneath? so they could be anything.

Anyone else have any info on this? Ganja?

Always direct from sensi from now on, will Sensi not ship to Pakistan?

P.S. That's a freaking nice collection of seeds, I wanted fems and people have said good things about the jack flash and the nlxhaze, so gonna do the nlxhaze next time.

Date Posted: 25 July 2012 at 00:20
No they don't ship here :( Got them from a retailer from UK and friend brought them over.  Didn't have enough time that is why went the reseller route. When I remove the sticker I also have nothing printed underneath.  Mr Ganja might be able to tell us if sensi sells with stickers on them.

Date Posted: 25 July 2012 at 00:28
Hey,

I sure they are fine, I just find it strange that they are sticky labeled rather than printed.

I just can not remember what my other seeds were the same?

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 25 July 2012 at 09:52
Those are genuine; the layout of the packs and the labels with the strain-titles have changed a couple of times in recent years.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 25 July 2012 at 10:55
cheers buddy.

Now the guy I got mine from seems like a nice fellow, but it would be all to easy to take off the white labels and replace them with there own. So from now own, direct :).

Posted By: obsessive
Date Posted: 26 July 2012 at 16:17
back to your grow Mellow what soil are u using

Date Posted: 26 July 2012 at 18:54
Hey,

I grow in "coco". I use canna's coco plus and canna's a&b nutrients.

I haven't tried soil so I can not say if it's better or worse :)

Posted By: coverking
Date Posted: 27 July 2012 at 23:47
good show mellow im sure you will rock your tent as usual

-------------
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!

Date Posted: 29 July 2012 at 22:19
Hey,

So I probably should have potted these up the other day, but i finaly got round to it today.

all plants are on about 1.7ish of a&b.

I put them in 3.5ltrs today.

I have them in a room with no ventilation, cause my big tent and baby tent have mites that im trying to eradicate.

so for the mo i have 10 arma and 2 ss under 1 250w CFL, I need to get them under the MH ASAP, but i wont do it with out fresh air.

Not much to see, pics aint the best and taken with lights on.

I also have no clue how long they have been growning, i recon around three weeks?

They are about 6" in height.

Date Posted: 29 July 2012 at 23:55
Looking good Mellow nice and healthy.
Good luck with the shites what are you using to try and eradicate them?
Have you any idea how you got them in the first place?
All the best and have a good evening.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 30 July 2012 at 00:38
It's from the clones I got.

I noticed white paint and thought that it was strange, it was mites.

I thought i'd got rid of them, but they seemed to come back at the end of flower.

I chopped all my plants tonight, put all the fan leaves in a bag, then took it to the skip, came home, wacked all my clothes in the washer, then had a bath.

I'm using nite nite spidermite, I've been recommend plant vitality, so i'll get some of that soon.

Posted By: 2easy
Date Posted: 31 July 2012 at 09:39
they are looking nice to me%3chumbs%20Up

Posted By: Melvan
Date Posted: 31 July 2012 at 20:12
Everything looks so green and pretty. Good job.

Date Posted: 01 August 2012 at 11:24
Cheers Mel :),

Yes, I had one little miss hap early on, and now they are thriving.

They are slightly over fed? But it means i don't have to bother with the ph meter from now on.

Date Posted: 05 August 2012 at 17:56
Hey,

So i still have the 12 plants under the 250 cfl and in 3.5ltr pots.

their lower branches aren't reciving enough light, so I'm gonna pot the into 11's and give them a week under either the mh or hps, before i flip them.

They are about 12", not measured them but thats what they look like.

photo's taken with the light on.

Date Posted: 05 August 2012 at 18:00
Plants looking very healthy. For how many weeks have u been keeping them in 3 litre pots?

Date Posted: 05 August 2012 at 19:08
Hey,

Thank you.

I put them in 3.5ltr pots last sunday, so 1 week :).

I'll be potting them up in the next couple of days.

Date Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:18
Looking sweet again Mellow, I'm potting up my last 3 that are in 3.5L pots tonight. Looks like we will be changing over to flower around the same time.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:17
Hey Sarah,

Well I need to move them in to a tent asap. the others a drying in the big tent, and i need to go over that with sider mite again, once i've trimmed them.

The plants closest to the camera aren't growing lower branches at all, cause they aint getting enough light. The ones at the back seem ok cause they have the wall. But if i keep them as they are, they won't be able to stand as they are now leaning on one another.

On the sidermite front.

I trimmed most of the leaves off the plant, then took the bag to the local skip.

I hung the plants and they have now had 8 days drying with the extraction and ossilating fans on, some are near the others two days? so I'm thinking I'll have them out after 12 days.

A spider mite lives for 2 weeks, the leaves have all dried and shrivelled.

I guess I just want to know what would be the best thing to do? It's best if i could use the tent A.S.A.P, but i can also hold off for a couple of week.

So any advice would be appreciated :)

Date Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:48
I can't really offer you any advice on dealing with mites indoors... I only have a couple of complete indoor grows in the tent and haven't had any pest problems.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 August 2012 at 13:20
I think spider mite eggs can persist for longer than 2 weeks. They're harder to kill than the adults.

Consider wiping down and/or spraying the entire interior (and exterior, for that matter) surface of the tent with a serious miticide like tebufenpyrad (sold as Masaii by Bayer). A couple of times, 3 days apart would be a good idea.

Plants put into the tent should be given a spray of neem oil on the first day, and have a few more over the following weeks. The good thing about neem is that its oily nature physically retards the development of mites as well as making the plants inedible to them. Application of neem will help prevent any newly hatched mites from reaching maturity and reproducing.

In my experience, total eradication of mites is almost impossible after the first infection. Even a couple of eggs surviving and the offspring turning into mature adults is enough to reinfest a room within a few months (or even weeks in high temperatures).

The best case scenario is usually to be aware of them and stop them from actually damaging/ruining any flowering crops through regular action.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!

Date Posted: 06 August 2012 at 16:24
friggin mites.

Cheers for the reply's.

I've got neem oil, was considering buying some industrial strength stuff, but this nite nite spiddermite, is a little strong for home use, I'm sure it's making me chesty.

Date Posted: 06 August 2012 at 16:59
Do you know what it's made of? It's probably strong enough to wipe down the surfaces of the tent.

Also, wiping down will put a lot less poison into the air than spraying, so it hopefully won't affect you.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 August 2012 at 20:07
Just had a look at the label and it doesn't say?

I've only got a little left, but I was planning to wipe it around the tent.

Maybe i should do it with soapy water, let it dry then try with the mite stuff.

I've also been recommended plant vitality, not sure whats in it, but they have some in the local shop.

Date Posted: 09 August 2012 at 20:34
Hey,

So I should have had these in 11ltrs by now, I'm gonna pot em up at the weekend.

I did move them to my tent so they have a little more space, gonna put them under a Metal halide tomorrow, pot em up weekend, then flip the weekend after?

One thing I've been surprised about is that the CFL has vegged em this far, but some of the 12 plants aren't as bushy as I'd like.

Date Posted: 12 August 2012 at 22:41
Hey,

So I potted them into 11trs (the rubbish plants in round 10ltrs) yesterday.

They are ready for the light change, but i just want to ask if i should wait for them to settle in there new pots? They look fine from the pot up.

On another note, the plants i topped yielded very well, much more that I thought, I really need top think about topping from now on.

Date Posted: 13 August 2012 at 00:47
They look nice Mellow, I usually give them a few days to push some roots out into the new medium before flipping... whether it is actually necessary - I don't know. 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 August 2012 at 00:50
Cheers Sarah :).

They are big enough to flip, so I'll feed em tomorrow, then flip tue?

Date Posted: 13 August 2012 at 07:24
Sounds good... mine went Sunday and I am already waiting on them to finish lol. 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 August 2012 at 13:46
Looking very good Melllow.
Good luck with the rest of the grow i'm sure you will end up with a good harvest.
Have a good day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 13 August 2012 at 19:50
Thank you Peeps :),

I just hope the lanky one is a male :).

Print Page | Close Window