Print Page | Close Window

Greenhouse Grow: WL White Widow and White ICE

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Outdoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your outdoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10612
Printed Date: 07 December 2019 at 03:44

Topic: Greenhouse Grow: WL White Widow and White ICE
Posted By: organicgrow
Subject: Greenhouse Grow: WL White Widow and White ICE
Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 15:17
Hi guys,

I was doing some work in my greenhouse today and decided to take a couple of pics of my vegetating ladies and post here.

These ladies are about 3 months old from seed. (Well, two are 3 months and two are 2 and a half.) Two of them are White Widows and two are White ICEs, all from White Label.

The medium is a soilless mix of my own design. The nutrient solutions are also from my own recipes; and mind you, their feed is by no means maxed out (I think they can handle at least 30% stronger feed.)  I'm keeping them in 11L pots and I think they must be pretty much pot bound by now. I have a feeling if I let these grow as vigorously as they seem to be able to, they will outgrow everything else I have in there. So for now I'm keeping them in chains %3c3coving%3c20it

Any comment or advice is greatly appreciated :)

OrganicGrow

-------------
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender

Replies:
Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 15:22
I can't properly manage the editor so for some reason the pictures are getting cropped...you can see only two of them...

Posted By: munzy
Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 17:18
dont think you need any advice, i will make one comment, nice big plants%3cool

-------------
ANDWHAT

Posted By: Melvan
Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 17:39
Beautiful plants, when are you going to flip them?

Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 18:15
@munzy: Thanks man coming from you it's a great compliment %3chumbs%20Up

@Melvan: Thanks, I would've loved to flip 'em right now before they get even bigger but I don't have the equipment to darken the greenhouse and also it would require daily maintenance and I might not be able to pull it off. So I guess I will let nature take its course.

Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 18:45
Sorry, I forgot you were in a greenhouse. Have you rooted any cuts off those yet? Look like both have a real nice structure, might want to take steps to keep them.

Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 19:45
Yes they do have nice structure, and all four of them.

I haven't taken any cuttings yet but I will definitely take a few from the lower branches this weekend or the next; to use in my next indoor grow.

I delayed cloning to get larger and stronger cuttings, and considering I have at least another 6-7 weeks of veg to look forward to, I reckon the plants will have ample time to bounce back. Any thoughts on that?

The WWs seem to be from the same pheno but the ICEs are probably from different phenos.

One of the ICEs is particularly nutrient hungry; I feed and feed and still those tips turn yellow %3c3cig%3c20smile I am interested to see how she performs with heavy feed under my 1000w

Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 21:37
i would take the tops off the plant for some clones,maybe the top 10 nodes (if they were my plants) help you a little with any height issues come flower time + lots more colas another 6-7wks veg lol they going to be huge, be sure to keep us updated

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 22:14
thanks for the input munzy,

Well I was kind of hoping to feast my eyes on one giant top cola; but now I think I do need some form of height control. The way these are growing; the extra 1m vertical space I now have left might very well prove insufficient.

I thought of topping them but I was afraid it might be too late and they won't have enough time to recover. Do you think they will recover in time?

Posted By: 1966
Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 23:00
Hello Organic i hope you are well.Very nice looking big plants.
I have a couple of white label super skunk mothers that i have been trying to keep under control and have now topped both twice and after about a week you would hardly notice apart from all the new growth sites.
I think you are going to need to do something as i think they will rapidly gobble up the metre of room you have left but like Munzy said i would take off quite a lot because its not worth taking a little.

Good luck with what ever you do and have a good evening.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 23:59
I'd take top cuts too. The greener, fleshier the cut the better and faster they'll root. The more stick like the stem the harder it is for them to root. I would have taken cuts of these girls weeks ago.

Gosh, if you take those tops and root 'em you'll have pretty good sized plants almost right away. You could go ahead and let them run throughout the season just like these, add some nice extra weight to your harvest.

Posted By: coverking
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 00:12
organic, your on a win win with those beautys, fairplay

-------------
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!

Posted By: alecky
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 04:22
Lovely plants, wish i had a greenhouse! Dont be afraid to give them a good hair cut, i wouldn't take more than aprox 30% at any given time, like munzy says id take around a foot from the top and 6inch from nearly all the other grow tips, you will have nice round bushes come flowering time. Thats assuming your in the northern hemisphere and your plants are deffo in veg! Good luck with the rest of the season!

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 09:30
Thanks everyone for all the compliments and all the great input. %3c3chumbs%3c20Up

I guess my babies just got a pruning added to their schedule. I will definitely try to root the tops, it would be such a waste to throw them away.

I am in the northern hemisphere; and while my plants are full of preflowers and clearly mature, they don't look like they're flowering ahead of time.

So here's my plan: I prune and clone them this weekend; and next week I will re-pot them into 20L pots and let them explode. Any comments?

OrganicGrow

Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 19:28
Sounds like a plan.

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 04:09
Your plants look lovely OrganicGrow. All the best with cloning. :D

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 09:21
Thanks sarah louise :)

I went to check on the plants today, to make sure they're still in veg. The ICEs are clearly still in veg so they will be pruned in the next 48 hours, The WWs look worryingly like flowering plants, so I won't be pruning them until I'm sure that it's not the case. Will post some photos later today; comments will be greatly appreciated.

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 09:45

These are from my WWs

And this last one is from the top of an ICE plant, it doesn't look like's she's flowering does it?

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 10:12
yes they are flowering

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 11:05
Thanks munzy

Now the question is: Do I push them back to veg or do I let them do their thing?

Summer solstice is a month away and until then days will gain about half an hour in length before they start to shorten.

Also has anyone had experience with clones from flowering plants? I read somewhere that they take much longer to root and start growing but show amazing branching.

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 11:31
Originally posted by organicgrow

Now the question is: Do I push them back to veg or do I let them do their thing?

No real value in forcing them back to vegetative growth... might be worth having a think about what you can do to provide a couple of hours of artificial darkness each day so that they continue to flower.

Also has anyone had experience with clones from flowering plants? I read somewhere that they take much longer to root and start growing but show amazing branching.

For clones, where possible, take cuttings from low branches that are not showing flowers. If that isn't possible, look for suitable branches that have the least evidence of flowering.

Clones from flowering clones can take 2+ weeks to root and the first spurt of growth will have deformed leaves... more regular growth then follows.

If the cuttings have a fair amount of bud left intact, they can take up to a month to show new growth and that new growth is a profusion of new shoots growing from the bud sites. These clones usually need to have much of the growth pruned away to produce a usefully shaped plant.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 16:16
Darkening the whole greenhouse would be too much work as it is a large one. Only option left would be covering the plants themselves with some sort of opaque material...and besides being a lot of work in itself in my setup, I think it would cause problems with ventilation especially if we're aiming for complete darkness.

Is it possible that the plants continue flowering despite the lengthening of daytime in the next month? I have half a mind to let them continue what they're doing, if it's not gonna cause major problems down the line.

Again, thanks everyone for the valuable input.

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 18:48
I'd say just let them do their thing, and if you're going to take cuts do it now for sure. Like Sarah said, they'll take a forever to root, and they'll grow all funky and weird for a while, but they'll kick back into veg.

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 19:05
Roger :)

Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 10:44
Hi folks,

This week's update: I had a small aphid problem so I unleashed an army of ladybugs upon them and they seem to be under control now. I pruned two of my plants and took them to a friend's place where they'll be free to stink as much as they want; so I'm left with only two in the greenhouse, one of each strain.

Both were repotted into 20L pots last week and since they both seem to still be continuing their flowering, I didn't prune them. More frosting forms on the leaves each day; and the number of buds seems to increase daily as well. We're 20 days away from summer solstice, daylight duration will increase by 20 minutes until then, and if these ladies keep flowering I believe I'll be harvesting some really early crop.

Vertical growth has slowed (They're at about 1.8 meters each, give or take 10cm), water uptake is  reduced. Feed was changed to transition feed at repotting and then switched to flowering feed. N/K ratio of about 1/3 and they seem to like it. I'm still giving them a healthy dose of N though.

The one on the right is the ICE, the foliage on her is less dense and the branches are taller but she looks happy and healthy. The one on the left is the WW, she has really dense foliage to the point that I am sometimes tempted to thin her a bit to increase light penetration, although it would break my heart to cut those healthy leaves away unless it is absolutely necessary. So any comments on this would be nice.

Also a couple of questions: can anyone guess how far along in flowering these girls are? my guess is around 3 weeks but I can't be sure.

Am I likely to encounter another round of stretching? I have about half a meter of vertical space left and after that I will have to resort to bending or something.

And now here's some pictures, the leaves look a bit limp as the pictures were taken during the hottest time of the day:

The%20leaves%20look%20a%20bit%20limp%20as%20the%20picture%20was%20taken%20during%20the%20hottest%20time%20of%20the%20day

Posted By: breizh ganja
Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 18:20
so let do the nature! but you will have some hugh plants there !
so tey are good compare to the tomatoes near. have a good harvest man.

-------------
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !

Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 18:52
Originally posted by breizh ganja

so tey are good compare to the tomatoes near.

haha good eye that tomato plant is not doing too good. An experiment using my own soil mix recipe which didn't work well. I have another one of that same cultivar in coco just beside it and that one has made some heavy clusters.

Posted By: sicklehand
Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 20:35
those are going to be very fruitful,

Date Posted: 04 June 2012 at 22:06
Hi folks, time for an update:

The plant tops are almost touching the ceiling; but vertical growth on the main stems seems to have slowed down considerably. I guess I'll be fine but who knows.

Both plants are still blooming. The ICE is a bit behind, but both of them are doing great. On some branches the buds are even putting on a bit of weight, and they have started to smell. Still a long way to go though by the looks of it.

There is baking soda in those hanging containers; and in some around the pots; to help with the smell. Thanks be to Melvan for the idea. It does seem to work, but can't say how effective it is. I'll have to wait until the plants are in full bloom.

Cheers

OG

Date Posted: 04 June 2012 at 22:11

Date Posted: 05 June 2012 at 14:45
Hi organicgrow, plants are looking good,from the look of the last few pics of the buds it seems they may be re-vegging. Last year i put a plant out on 21st march, spring solstice, it started to flower in the short spring days but re-vegged around this time, the buds looked similar to yours does now.                                                   

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 05 June 2012 at 15:14
Hi alecky thanks for the info

A few weeks ago when they started to flower I was worried if they were going to behave like this.

So when did the flowering begin again? in July? and how much did the plants grow during that re-veg time? Did you have to do anything in particular when they started to flower again? Like thinning or something.

They're on bloom feed right now, but with a somewhat elevated amount of N (around 30% higher than normal for bloom formulas). Do you think I should switch to veg feed?

Date Posted: 05 June 2012 at 16:41
Hi man, theres not a lot you can do really only let her grow on and out of it, flowering in northern hemisphere normally doesnt start till Aug/Sept for normal plants, thats why i was surprised to see yours flowering!

Seeing those single bladed leaves popping out where a calyx should be in your pics, makes me think your plants are re vegging, i could be completely wrong tho!%3congue

Have a look at my thread from last year, it may help, http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8201&PN=9 - http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8201&PN=9

-------------

Date Posted: 05 June 2012 at 21:26
Thanks for the link man, I checked it out.

So far I haven't seen any deformed growth on my plants or maybe I can't tell if they're deformed. I'm not sure which pic you are referring to but I haven't seen a single bladed leaf on my plants. There's a bit too much foliage for my liking but calyxes are still forming and packing up; although not quite as fast as a couple of weeks ago.

I noticed you're in Ireland; which gets about 17 hours of daylight at summer solstice if I'm not mistaken. Where I live gets about 14:40 at the solstice. Here, bloom, at least for our local sativa cultivars starts around late July or early august.

I read somewhere (Cervantes' book I think)  that Indica dominant strains may bloom under 14-10 so maybe that's what's happening here. We'll just have to wait and see.

cheers

Date Posted: 06 June 2012 at 16:45
Hey alecky, turns out you have keener eyes than I do after all.

I went to take a closer look at the plants today and I saw some of those single bladed leaves. From afar I had always believed them to be normal leaves with the central blade more developed than the lateral blades. But some single bladed leaves are indeed growing out from amongst the calyxes. They are not curled or otherwise malformed; only single bladed.

Right now I can't really comment as to what these plants are really doing. I guess time will tell.

Date Posted: 06 June 2012 at 18:20
Git R Dun.

Looking awesome

Date Posted: 06 June 2012 at 21:56
Hey Mel thanks for stopping by %3ceed%20leaf

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 14:01
Hey organicgrow hows the plants doing now? 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 14:28
Hey alecky

They're definitely re-vegging. Resin production on new leaves have stopped and the number of calyxes on new growth have decreased considerably. The new leaves on the WW are 3-bladed and look a bit weird. The plants are still growing. Thankfully they don't put as much energy into gaining height as they do in lateral growth. so each branch looks like a small plant in itself now!

Still both of them are well over 2 meters now and officially touching the ceiling! Each one is drinking 8 liters of water every 24 hours!

The situation puts me in a dilemma. I don't know if I should cut them, bend them or leave them be. I'd hate to cut them at this stage because If I let them grow as they are I think I'll be breaking a few records in terms of top cola size. But I have no vertical space left, and they don't look like they're going to stop growing any time soon. Bending would pose problems as well; as my pots and medium are lightweight and might cause the plants to fall over considering how quickly they drink the water in there. Still if it comes to that I can fix the pots to the ground somehow...

Any thoughts?

Posted By: Hash Driveway
Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 22:43
I reckon you dont want to tie them down because as your topic title accurately describes them, they are beautiful. Tieing down's an ugly business but you're gonna have to bite the bullet and get this situation under control OG. Post up some last pics before you do though.

Date Posted: 16 June 2012 at 01:48
Thanks HD. I guess there is no way around bending them now. They grew so gorgeously that my inner child didn't allow me to mess with their form. %3clown But TBH, I underestimated their hybrid vigor otherwise I would've trained them from the start. And to make matters worse, I also got the outdoor sowing time wrong: My estimation was based on my experience with our local cultivars. As it turned out they're not nearly as fast growing/maturing as these guys.

I will definitely take some pictures next time I'm in the GH and post here.

Cheers

OG

Date Posted: 16 June 2012 at 02:59
I think I'm confused, but I'm not sure. You are going to flower plants you have revegged after harvesting or did they go into flower and you didn't want them to so you put them back on full veg?

Date Posted: 16 June 2012 at 03:21
Hey Mel,
They are in a greenhouse so I don't have much control over what they do. They started  flowering in mid spring then stopped and reverted to veg as days got longer. I think they will begin to flower again is a month.

Date Posted: 19 June 2012 at 07:05
Quick photo update:

Posted By: coverking
Date Posted: 19 June 2012 at 11:38
wow OG, it looks like a forest in there

-------------
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!

Date Posted: 19 June 2012 at 12:53
haha yeah CK. And it's only from two plants. I moved the other two of to my outdoor garden! They're almost as large as these ones too.

Date Posted: 19 June 2012 at 13:58
nice plants and nice green house ! polycarbonat panels ?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 June 2012 at 14:16
Hi thanks breizh ganja. Yes 6mm 2-ply polycarbonate

Date Posted: 19 June 2012 at 17:48
not expensive and can take all forms ! but with time there is less and less translucidity(?!) than the glass. but i was interested by this.
question: by the bottom of the greenhouse;is there any green "weed plants" between the two polycarbonate ? (i heard this too) thanks and take some gooood green vibes from here ! you will have a hugh plant ! ;)

-------------

Date Posted: 19 June 2012 at 19:56
Thanks for the vibe I need it here.

Yes it is cheaper than glass. It is lighter and has better thermal insulation properties than glass of the same thickness (because it is hollow) and yes, it will go yellow eventually. But when? that depends on the quality of the anti UV coating. Normally between 5 to 20 years for worst to best quality. These ones are guaranteed for 10 years.

I did not quite understand the question. Do you mean weeds grow inside the PC sheets? I haven't experienced that. Neither here nor in commercial PC greenhouses I have visited. But I haven't seen really old ones.

Date Posted: 22 June 2012 at 05:56
I'm just glad I'm not the one who's going to have to trim all that, lol.

Date Posted: 22 June 2012 at 09:52
lol Mel right now trimming is the least of my worries. A friend of mine has made a nice DIY electric trimmer + vacuum. I will borrow that when the time comes...

Date Posted: 22 June 2012 at 11:48
Trimming is a labour of love.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 June 2012 at 17:55
Indeed it is SL xD

UPDATE:

It seems that my woes are finally over. I am pretty sure that the Ice is back in flower. And the WW looks like she intends to follow suit. A surprise, as we are now at peak daylight length!

It's too early to speak with any certainty. Will update again with pics.

Posted By: dylmadness
Date Posted: 03 July 2012 at 23:27
Hi, very nice plants,just thought I would say that I also have plants that tried to flower in mid to late spring.Early skunk,germinated in late December.Now back into veg,I trimmed the bud back to leafy nodes when I noticed them producing new leafy growth. I have to make sure they have plenty of air flowing around the poly tunnel as they have had some mold attack at the stem of two of the seven.The weather has been extremely wet and damp for June,the worst on record.

Date Posted: 04 July 2012 at 03:43
Hi dylmadness,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Actually I was thinking of trimming the older leaves and buds a bit. Maybe a job for this weekend. The summers are hot and dry here, so to maintain a healthy level of humidity has been a bit of challenge and thankfully there are no signs of mold anywhere as of yet.

Some branches have decent smoke-able buds on them. I'll make sure those are harvested before flowering kicks in again. But with this humidity I will not bother to trim all of the buds, if that can be helped. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers

OG

-------------
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender

Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 17:02
Hi folks

Well I guess an update is long overdue.

Both ladies are now deep into flowering. Resin production has been phenomenal and the buds are numerous and large.

Here's a few pics taken earlier today, the ICE didn't have favorable light so most of the pics are from the WW:

ICE:

WW :

And here is an interesting looking cotyledon from a bagseed Sativa:

-------------

Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 17:08
Wow! Excellent work OG, Spears of bud everywhere, what more could a man ask for! Keep an eye on any yellow /brown/dying leaves in among the buds, they are a hot bed for mould and fungus.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 17:16
Looking good OG
Best of luck with the rest of the grow i'm sure you will be happy with the outcome.
Have a good day

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 17:20
Hey alecky
Thanks for the encouragement and advice man :-)

Luckily the humidity doesn't naturally go over 25% this time of the year here so the risk of mold is relatively low but I'm keeping the plants as clean as I can and an extractor is also  working around the clock.

Because of the re-vegging period my plants went through, they actually had a lot of foliage when they began to flower and they seemed to like shedding the excess leaves no matter how much I fed them. I keep a daily routine of clearing the yellowed leaves off the plants but I've not seen any sign of mold yet.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 17:21
Originally posted by 1966

Looking good OG
Best of luck with the rest of the grow i'm sure you will be happy with the outcome.
Have a good day

Thank you 1966 :-) I very much appreciate the support.

You have a nice day as well my friend.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 17:52
nice plants OG i would love to have an ODgrow

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 18:03
hey thanks munzy judging by how you do indoors I would say you could be very successful in it.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 18:06
thanks, just need to move country

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 18:10
lol one of the few things I like about my country is the sun

-------------

Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 21:06
Nice 1, I'm sure the low humidity and extractor will help massively. I wish you a mould free season!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 23:51
Beautiful plants Organicgrow, might be time to change the title of the thread though... they certainly aren't vegging any longer %3chumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 04 September 2012 at 00:15
Originally posted by sarah louise

Beautiful plants Organicgrow, might be time to change the title of the thread though... they certainly aren't vegging any longer %3c3chumbs%3c20Up

Hi thanks SL
Yes I was thinking the same thing. Is that something I can do myself or should I ask the admin?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 September 2012 at 06:43
one word... beautiful

Date Posted: 04 September 2012 at 08:51
Thanks sickle :-)

-------------

Date Posted: 04 September 2012 at 11:58
You'll need to edit the first post to change the title. If you can't do it yourself, let me know and I'll fix it for you.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:29
Got it thank you SL

-------------

Posted By: Viriathus
Date Posted: 15 September 2012 at 03:51
Beautiful buds. Hoping you will be having more than enough light/heat to convert all the CBD in those thricomes to THC/CBN :)
Cheers.

Date Posted: 15 September 2012 at 07:26
Thanks Viriathus :)
Fortunately I get plenty of sun here

-------------

Date Posted: 15 September 2012 at 15:36
One question, You said that in May the plants where with 3 months old (premature-early floral stage) and already with 180cm height. How was the growth after, until now?

Date Posted: 15 September 2012 at 15:58
Well at some point I had to limit vertical growth by bending the main stem to favor lateral growth. At that time I think the plants were around 280cms. I also kept them root-bound for some time otherwise they would have grown even taller and larger. Now they are large bushy monsters that occupy around 4 square meters of floor area together and around 3 meters of vertical space.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 September 2012 at 16:08
%3cig%20smile They are the queens of the ball, certainly. I have ever planted late, in final June, but when seeing some photos of cannabis growing in places like Afghanistan and else, I always think about the response of start growing early, in April. Even with the literature mentioned fact about the floration beginning delay of big vegetative plants. 

Date Posted: 15 September 2012 at 16:37
Well obviously the earlier you get to sow the larger the plant and thus bigger the harvest will be and of course there will be some delay in maturation but I reckon the rewards are well worth the extra few weeks. But next time I'm planting this early, I will try to prevent immature bloom and re-vegetation by aggressive pruning and dark-cycle interruption. I will also use larger pots. The 20 liters of soil-less mix which I was planning to finish in is proving way too inadequate and it's too late to re-pot now.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 September 2012 at 11:36
Hi folks, time for another update:

Both ladies are almost finished now. I harvested around 40% of the Ice last week, I took almost a meter off the top of the branches. My estimation is that the dry weight of the harvested buds will be about 300 grams. I left the rest to fatten up some more.

BTW for all interested: the Ice is virtually odorless but the WW is one stinky monster.

The WW is nearing harvest, she will also be harvested in 2 or 3 stages. Here are some pics from the WW:

These two pics are from the lowest branch on the WW, I'm keeping the top cola for a surprise ;-)

And here is my outdoor Ice at more than 3 meters, she's just begun to flower but she doesn't look too good because of an untimely transplant she was subjected to out of necessity. Still I expect her to yield a decent amount of bud. My outdoor WW was harvested 2 weeks ago and the smoke was phenomenal:

-------------

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 25 September 2012 at 11:46
FFS, those are some monsters!

Excellent work, OG., you should have a cheery and relaxing winter!

Do you mind if I post one or more of these on FB? If it's okay with you, they'll be credited to a Friend of Sensi (or any handle you prefer).

(Actually, I might make a sticky thread for people to opt in or out of having their forum images posted on FB. Anyone who's fine with their images being seen can say so. 'No' would be the default position, so I'd assume members who didn't post on that thread opted out)

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 25 September 2012 at 11:57
You lucky bugger OG but i do not envy you having to do all that trimming it will keep you busy for a while that's for sure.
Congrats dude and enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Have a good day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 25 September 2012 at 12:38
Originally posted by Ganja

Do you mind if I post one or more of these on FB? If it's okay with you, they'll be credited to a Friend of Sensi (or any handle you prefer).

Hi G thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the nice words.

By all means go ahead, it is indeed a pleasure to be called a 'Friend of Sensi' %3coving%20it

Cheers

-------------

Date Posted: 25 September 2012 at 12:51

You lucky bugger OG but i do not envy you having to do all that trimming it will keep you busy for a while that's for sure.
Congrats dude and enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Have a good day.

Thanks for all the support '66 

Up to now the trimming has gone easier than expected. A couple of my friends came to help and we were able to pipeline the work pretty efficiently. I can't say it was the cleanest manicure ever but it was clean enough.

Have a great day my friend.

-------------

Posted By: alsc
Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 02:55
great OG!
gorgeous plants and very interesting grow with the revegging thing.
curious: how much was your yeld?

only one thing: next year top that tomato. sweeter , bigger fruits!
(why nobody here tops tomatoes?) %3co%20high

Posted By: slowhand
Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:12
great job!

Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:41
sweet sticky jebus, id like to build a tree house in that outdoor monster and live in it great work OG

i feel i should inform the citizens of sensi land about meta data
meta data is information that is tagged on to digital photos it can contain GPS coordinates(depending on the camera) but it always contains info about your camera and computer and a thumb nail pic that is unaffected buy changes made to the photo(ie blurring faces) ok thats the bad news out of the way, time for the good news meta data can be easily removed buy downloading a striper, no not a a dancing girl, a small program that removes "strips" the info before you upload it.

be safe
sh

Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 19:24
Originally posted by alsc

great OG!
gorgeous plants and very interesting grow with the revegging thing.
curious: how much was your yeld?

only one thing: next year top that tomato. sweeter , bigger fruits!
(why nobody here tops tomatoes?) %3c3co%3c20high

Hey al thanks for stopping by
The harvest is not complete. The outdoor WW did not respond to late transplant very well so she remained relatively small. Still the buds were large and dense and covered with resin. The dry weight for that one was around 300 grams I believe.

I harvested around 40-50% of my greenhouse white ice but the buds are not completely dry yet. My estimation is around 300-400 grams for this batch.

So 600-700 grams up to now and still much more coming in. Will let you know about the final yield.

And thanks for the tip on tomatoes, I will try that in future.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 19:52
Originally posted by slowhand

great job!

Thanks Slowhand :-)

-------------

Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 20:03
Originally posted by sicklehand

sweet sticky jebus, id like to build a tree house in that outdoor monster and live in it great work OG

Haha thanks sickle that's actually a nice idea I just might do it %3c3cpprove

Originally posted by sicklehand

i feel i should inform the citizens of sensi land about meta data
meta data is information that is tagged on to digital photos it can contain GPS coordinates(depending on the camera) but it always contains info about your camera and computer and a thumb nail pic that is unaffected buy changes made to the photo(ie blurring faces) ok thats the bad news out of the way, time for the good news meta data can be easily removed buy downloading a striper, no not a a dancing girl, a small program that removes "strips" the info before you upload it.

be safe
sh

Totally agree. Metadata can really cause you trouble if you're not careful. Windows 7 has built in support for stripping metadata off images as well . you can access it by right clicking on the image (or a bunch of selected images), select properties. It is under the 'Details' tab as a link. I'm not sure if it supports GPS tags though.

-------------

Posted By: alsc
Date Posted: 27 September 2012 at 04:04
that is a great result!
sounds like you are prepared for the winter... :-)

@sickle: thanks man for the info about metadata! could you recomend a specific a stripper software?

Date Posted: 27 September 2012 at 12:36
Hi guys,

Anyone care to comment on whether I should start the flushing period on my WW or not? Here are some pictures:

-------------

Date Posted: 28 September 2012 at 20:18
Nice views :)
If You are expecting to cut the plants in two weeks, for sure it will be better to flush the pots. To me, they are at 50%-60% brown styles (normally I'll go until "narcotic" 80%-90%).
Good harvest :)

Date Posted: 28 September 2012 at 22:20
Hey V thanks for stopping by.

I'm planning an early harvest because I don't like an overly narcotic high. Especially for these indica doms. I want the high to be as heady as possible without harvesting unripe buds

-------------

Date Posted: 16 October 2012 at 13:48
Hello OG
Update please if you would be so kind.
We are all waiting to hear your final conclusions on these monsters.
Have a good day

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 17 October 2012 at 10:27
hes to bizy trimming to post lol

Date Posted: 17 October 2012 at 12:53
Hello folks,

First of all I would like to thank you all for following my work.

I am happy to report that all the work is now done. The buds are manicured, dried and are now curing in 14 6-liter glass jars. I have not weighted them yet but only the densest nuggets were kept for curing and the jars are pretty packed. The jars are scattered around several places but if I do get them all together I will take a picture and post here it's quite a sight.

I lost two jars' worth of good buds to mold during drying, due to a fault in ventilation which went undetected for a few days.

All trimmings and undesirable buds were sent to bubble bags and they yielded a dozen of heavily pressed 73 and 25 micron hash bricks. I have not weighted these either but judging from experience I estimate at least 100 grams.

Half of the moldy buds are being water-cured right now and the resin from the rest was extracted using Isopropyl Alcohol. Both of these methods are new to me so I'm not sure how effective they will be. I will report on this later.

Although the buds are not completely cured yet, I feel confident they are cured enough for me to post a smoke report. So here's my smoke report and final thought on these strains:

Before I start, I should mention that I harvested these ladies in 2 stages for each plant, about two weeks apart. So the effects of buds from stage 1 and stage 2 of the same plant differ slightly. I will call them 'Batch A' for the former and 'Batch B' for the latter.

White Label White I.C.E.

Quite the robust and nutrient-hungry strain. Builds unbelievably large colas that run 3 quarters the height of the stem. The two plants I had were virtually odor-less during bloom and all through drying. Only during curing did the characteristic musty smell of it emerge.

As mentioned, the smell is musty when undisturbed; herbal when crushed and sweet, almost fruity when smoked. The smoke is heavy and may incite a few coughs though.

The effects
All in all I believe this is a potent strain but not the knock-out type. It creates a mellow effect that stays with you for a long time. The intensity of the high, unlike some other strains, does not increase to become overwhelming as you smoke more and more of it.

Batch A:

Heavy bodily stone together with a social, euphoric and sharp mental state. We found it perfect for doing slow-paced team jobs that require concentration so naturally this is what we smoked through all the trimming %3c3co%3c20high

Overall, this is a general purpose smoke. One can completely function on this throughout the day and it's a relaxing high for night-time as well.

Batch B:

This is definitely the heavier stone. A couple of hours on this will lead to bed no matter what time it is. The mental state is cheerful and relaxed. A great late-night smoke.

White Label White Widow

Now this is something else. Even more vigorous than the ICE, both plants of this strain displayed awesome branching and bud-building powers. It was a challenge to keep up with their feed. I was giving them so much and still they would get yellow. At first I thought I was overfeeding but as it turned out I was way underfeeding them. This of course was corrected in time.

Both plants smelled a lot during flowering and even the cured buds right now have such a strong smell that it even gets through the several layers of plastic covering the jars.

The smell was multi-layered and changed at different phases. During veg, they smelled like fresh ground coffee. Later in flowering they started to smell more and more herbal when undisturbed and when they were disturbed, they released that trademark smell which cries skunk along with some other strong, almost diesel-like smell. The skunk smell was detectable from a long distance but the other layers of smell were limited to the immediate space surrounding the plants.

Effects:

This is a smoke which should be handled with care. Experienced smokers will love this but inexperienced ones may get overwhelmed by the sheer intensity of it. Only downside is that tolerance is built fast and the effects are relatively short-lived. So all in all not a smoke to have every day, but great for special occasions.

BATCH A:

A couple of hits of this will have you feeling like you're being pulled into the ground and at the same time, floating away. One of the nicest highs I have ever experienced. It is a pity that the effect is short lived, about 30 minutes or less at peak intensity. There is also a  fatigue that comes over you as the effects wear off. So definitely a night-smoke.

BATCH B

Very similar to the first batch but slightly more narcotic. There is still enough mobility though. The mental state is at peace, so if you use it as a sleeping aid, you are likely to have nice dreams.

Well, that's it folks. I am sorry this was a picture-less one. I will add pictures if an opportunity to capture something memorable presents itself.

Cheers

OG

EDIT: The yields mentioned are only from the two plants in the greenhouse. The two outdoor plants I had (one of each) were harvested by a friend of mine and I haven't gotten the chance to find out how much they yielded yet.

-------------

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 17 October 2012 at 15:12
Superb diary, OG!

For a less narcotic smoke, the WW could be harvested in 7-15 days, so I'd start flushin 5-7 days before that.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 17 October 2012 at 15:25
Now that is what i call a smoke report.
Thanks for that OG i am glad everything worked out good for you.
After all that work you can sit back,chill and enjoy the fruits of your labour
Photos would be nice if you could post some up when it is convenient.
You have a good day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 18 October 2012 at 10:16
Originally posted by Ganja

Superb diary, OG!

For a less narcotic smoke, the WW could be harvested in 7-15 days, so I'd start flushin 5-7 days before that.

Thanks G

Actually I harvested the first batch from the WW 10 days after I took that picture. I gave only water during that time and flushed twice to make sure no residual ferts remain.

Don't get me wrong, for an Indica-dominant, the first batch has a surprisingly uplifting high but there is still a strong presence of narcotic effects which I don't think can be helped given the Indica-heavy genetic background of the strain. First class smoke overall.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 October 2012 at 10:18

Now that is what i call a smoke report.
Thanks for that OG i am glad everything worked out good for you.
After all that work you can sit back,chill and enjoy the fruits of your labour
Photos would be nice if you could post some up when it is convenient.
You have a good day.

Thank '66

I appreciate all the support you have given me since I joined. I hope I can return the favor in the future.

Cheers mate

-------------

Print Page | Close Window