Print Page | Close Window

Iranian Autoflower and others

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Outdoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your outdoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10555
Printed Date: 09 December 2019 at 20:37

Topic: Iranian Autoflower and others
Posted By: alecky
Subject: Iranian Autoflower and others
Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 21:12
So its time to pit my wits against the Irish weather for another season. This year i have some Iranian autos and other seeds from canadian breeders. They are BlueBonic x GG#3 and B.C.coastal mix. Not sure if GG stands for Guerilla Gold or Guerilla Gutso

A few weeks ago i hadn't really got a plan, now ive 14 seedlings and still no plan!! I started 3 IA's about 4-5weeks ago on a window sill, one grew one of those corkscrew type of tap root that turned back in on itself and never made it, the other 2 are chugging along nicely. For the past couple of weeks they have been out in one of those plastic greenhouses, been some cold nights but they dont seem to mind. These have no artificial light at all.

19th April still on window sill.

23 April, repot and into greenhouse

Today,

And the BBxGG and BCM, i just put these directly into the compost on 24th april, all are up bar one, but its just a little behind, i can see it pushing through the soil. They are a little leggy from being on the windowsill but ill repot soon and put them in the green house aswell. Again no artificial light.

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Replies:
Posted By: coverking
Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 22:05
fairplay alecky hope its brightens up for you im waiting still

-------------
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!

Posted By: sicklehand
Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 22:40
Nice one bud there looking great roll on summer hey, the GG is guerrilla gold its fast and has large buds and the blubonic is meant to be some tasty smoke

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 01:53
Fingers crossed the sun shines on Ireland this summer %3ceed%20leaf

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:38
Howdy, weather hasn't been great but i decided to plant one of the IA directly in the ground a couple of days ago, so far so good, no adverse affects! The others are coming along nicely, better start coming up with a plan as to where im going to put them! Ive sussed out a couple of guerilla spots not far from me, a few might go there.

Heres the IA i planted out

BC Coastal Mix

BB X GG#3 and the other IA

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Posted By: 1966
Date Posted: 15 May 2012 at 20:00
Hello alecky i hope you are well.
I am having a week in Donegal at the start of next month so i hope the weathers going to pick up.About 5 years ago and after a 25 years absence i had a two week holiday in Donegal and out of the 14 days it rained constantly for 12 of them. Both my parents are from Donegal and i have dozens of relatives there.
Fingers crossed you and i both get some good growing weather.
You have a good evening.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:05
no no no alecky, if you go traipsing around the Irish country side rooting through bushes etc your likely to be picked off by hunters. i can see the head lines now "missing link found in Ireland"

seriously though the plants all look great, im thinking maybe i should of put my IA outside from the beginning, good luck with the weather bud it has to pick up soon.

Posted By: Melvan
Date Posted: 16 May 2012 at 16:56
Just out of curiosity, what is the latest you guys can get plants out in your area and still get a proper harvest. Where I am in the states I can put out from end of may through July 4th and harvest until the end of Oct.

Sounds like you guys are having the rain issues we had last year. Even our veggie gardens had to go in late cause it was day after day of rain.

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 16 May 2012 at 17:13
Last time I was in Donegal, it rained every single day, despite being summer. Still very fond of the place though. 

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 16 May 2012 at 21:00
Melvan the uk's weather is notoriously bad that's why we drive around in submarines not cars in fact some days i do not venture outdoors as i am a poor swimmer.
Ganja i think i am right in saying that Donegal is the wettest county in Ireland.
All have a good day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 16 May 2012 at 21:37
Agreed-all of that side of the country is super wet,i dont ever remember being in Donegal when it wasn't raining or snowing! Followed closely by Westport in county mayo. Enjoy your stay kph, and if your driving up there take extra care, the roads in Donegal are notoriously bad.

Hi Mel, we constantly have a rain problem here %3cmile , its easier to count the days when it doesn't rain, any periods, of more than 2weeks sunshine is classed as a heat wave!

Sicklehand, how very dare you, may your balls fester in hell.%3clown I can see the head line though, "missing link found dead, planting cannabis plants. Experts say weed is to blame"

I put the other IA outside today aswell,put her in a 40ltr pot where she will stay till the death! 2/3 of the pot is filled with soil from the veg bed that has manure, blood meal and bone etc dug threw it over last yr and earlier this yr, lots of earth worms in it too. Filled the rest of the pot with regular compost/perlite mix.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 00:28
nice one bro & good luck i think we're going to need it.

Posted By: coverking
Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 12:55
the rest of may is going to be shite too aparantly,
roll on a flaming june

-------------
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!

Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 17:41
Just run around singing "rain, rain go away, come again some other day" That's what we always sang when we were kids and wanted to go out and play on a rainy day. I'm sure that will work for you guys, lol.

Posted By: breizh ganja
Date Posted: 18 May 2012 at 09:47
hi alecky ! your garden is toooooo small for all this weed ! share !
have the green fingers like usual !but....can you use some natural issue to protect the plants against the snails...!?(rather than the blue "things"; i mean a cup of bad beer.) a good end for theses snails !
peace brother. for me its a "no_growing" summer.

-------------
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !

Date Posted: 24 May 2012 at 16:32
Hi growers, the weather has really picked up this last week, 21c today, bout bloody time! I lost 2 plants, one coastal mix fell from a shelf and made shite of the plant and one of the BB X GG#3 got devoured by slugs. The slimey bastards.

The BB x GG have really started growing and are further ahead than the coastal mix, ive picked 4 and re-potted them, ill pick 4 of the BC mix and re-pot those in a few days also. I have homes for the 2 plants left over.

The iranians are plodding along nicely, doing there thing, theres  a few pre flowers on them now, hope they get a bit bigger before flowering sets in! Nice smell coming from them now too!

4 BBxGG#3 and an IA on the right

BC Coastal Mix

And finally the IA planted directly in the ground.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 May 2012 at 17:16
looking great mate, this sun has lifted the spirits hey!!
this season might not be so bad at all..

Posted By: Hash Driveway
Date Posted: 24 May 2012 at 22:29
Good luck alecky, I look forward to your blending in skills. Have you got neighbours either side?

Date Posted: 25 May 2012 at 03:06
Originally posted by alecky

Hi Mel, we constantly have a rain problem here %3c3cmile , its easier to count the days when it doesn't rain, any periods, of more than 2weeks sunshine is classed as a heat wave!

lol so true, I spent a summer in Ireland on a bicycle... many moons ago now. Counted 6 days, where it didn't rain at all, out of nearly 3 months in the country and 3 of those days were spent in Dublin looking for a bike.

All the best for the summer this year Alecky, fingers crossed you get a little more sun than usual. %3ceed%20leaf

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2012 at 05:23
Hey sickle the good weather sure does lift the spirits! Had 3 BBQ'S this week, more than i had in the entire summer last year!

Thanks for dropping in HD, yeah neighbours everywhere, left,right and behind. Im not really great at the blending in, i adopt more of a, put it right infront of ya and you dont see it kinda attitude!

Ha ha!! sarah lou, 3 days looking for a bike in Dublin, if ya left a bike unlocked for 3 minutes now in Dublin it would be nicked!

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2012 at 05:41
lol no I was looking to buy a bike... took 3 days to find the right bike at the right price. Started out the first few days averaging 15-20km a day... ride, rain, shelter, ride, shelter etc... once we began to ignore the rain the distances covered each day began to improve.

Longest single day stretch was 160km... that's when I spat the dummy and decided to go home, rode from Tipperary to Dublin, only got off the bike once during the day.

-------------

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:12
I've been reliably informed that it's a long way to Tipperary.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 25 May 2012 at 12:20
lol G.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2012 at 15:31
@ alecky, 3 bbq's steady on fella, this not the med lol, its nice to want to go outside for a change, instead of looking out the window thinking about all the things you should be doing.

Date Posted: 26 May 2012 at 21:51
Originally posted by alecky

Thanks for dropping in HD, yeah neighbours everywhere, left,right and behind. Im not really great at the blending in, i adopt more of a, put it right infront of ya and you dont see it kinda attitude!

I see, just like if you had a shitload of hash to hide and made a driveway out of it..

What about the aroma, does it dissipate outside or is wind direction a concern? I've got an eye on a few places for a cheeky wee outside plant but the occasional dog walker might pass within yards. Too close?

Date Posted: 05 June 2012 at 15:03
Hey everyone- Sarah i wasnt suggesting you were trying to nick a bike!! Just to say how things have changed!Now we even have those bikes you can rent from the local council, Amsterdam style!

Hd, yeah exactly like the hash driveway! When crows start making nests from sticks of bud ill reassess the situation!! As for the smell, i find the hot days with no breeze the worst. its like the smell lingers around the garden.

Heres a few pics i took yesterday, first up, group shot, back row BB x GG#3 and an IA, front row BC Coastal mix. No signs of sex yet on any of the BB's or C Mix

Irainian Auto

BB X GG#3

Coastal Mix

And the IA in the ground

-------------

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 21:45
i must of missed this update, there all looking great, lush & green love it

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:08
Hi mate, its only been a week since i posted but i think they have about doubled in size. I re potted 2 of the BC mix and put 2 in the ground, still no signs of sex on either the BB x GG or the BC mix.

Of the few i gifted, all are now been flowered inside under a HPS, the 1 BB i gave her is female and one of the mix is male. They got about 10days veg and have been in flower a day, the male has lots of flowers, pity ive no where to put it right now.

The IAS are flowering i think, result! The one in the pot looks further along, but it is in a sunnier position in the garden. I'll get a few pics up tomorrow.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:18
IA flowering happy days, itll be good to see how they do in our crappy climate this shit weather is pissing me off i keep expecting to go out and see stem rot etc, some thing tells me its not going to be a good vintage year for outdoor marijuana lol the bb should grow fine indoor and produce some nice smoke

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:28
Well we will know for sure in next few days, it may be just a clump of pre flowers im seeing, but she's had pre-flowers the last few weeks, the bracts are off set from each other and she's taken a huge jump in size, great if she was flowering thru july and august, that's presuming we get some sunshine. The fact shes in the pot means i can lift her in and out of the greenhouse/wendyhouse when its raining.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:32
sounds like shes gearing up to if not, mine should kick in soon the jump from 24h light to 16/8 light will start the ball rolling

Date Posted: 13 June 2012 at 10:18
sorry bud got cut off mid conversation by my crappy internet connection

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 13:03
No prob sickle, i thought it was me aftershave that drove u away! Heres a few pics from other day, weather is shit again rain, rain and wind and rain.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 13:28
no way bud odor yak is one of my favorites there looking lush mate the IA are huge, the Barry gibbs(bbxgg) lol are coming along nicely think stems!! any sign of sex yet?

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 13:33
he he!! Barry gibbs, i like it! Nothing definite on the sex yet but they all are starting to show something, just cant be sure yet. The BB in second pic with leaves pointing up, that one i think is male, havnt checked in 2 days ill go out there now and see.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 13:34
Sorry the third pic! stoner moment.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 13:40
i guessed that lol

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 13:46
No still the same, cant be sure, but if i was to guess, in the first pic, bb on far left and the one beside IA are male.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 14:04
i hope you get a female its a real shiter when all the work goes down the pan by m/f ratio, oh one of my IA clones has rooted happy days

Date Posted: 16 June 2012 at 03:02
Looking awesome!

I know you complain about the Ireland weather, but it does do one thing. It helps grow some of the hottest looking guys in the world, lol.

Date Posted: 20 June 2012 at 12:29
He he! Thanks mel!! Little update, some males have shown themselves, 2 of the coastal mix and at least 1 of the BBxGG , another im unsure of but think its male. The rest are not showing any pre flowers yet so hopefully there girls!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 July 2012 at 20:19
Hi folks, so after culling the males im left with 2 BB x GG#3 and 2 BC coastal mix out of 6 seeds of each. Including the 2 IA's ive a total of 6 plants. I think the IA's are flowering, not sure, but i am sure they are all crying out for some sunshine, its official, June this year was the wettest on record in Ireland!!

From left, Barry Gibbs, Barry Gibbs, BC Mix, IA and a BC mix in the ground

And a couple of close ups of the IA above

And the other Iranian, not doing as well as the potted one but still doing ok. She is in a more shaded spot but i think the ground being so water logged is its main problem.

And despite the lack of sunshine this lilly is soldiering on!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 July 2012 at 20:25
Plants are doing well considering the appaulling conditions, ive topped the 2 BB and BC mix that are in pots, took the grow tip off most branches hoping to get a bush effect. The potted Iranian is now in the plastic greenhouse, where it will stay till harvest, shes still flowering slowly but surely, shes around 12-13 weeks old now. The BC mix i planted in the ground seems to be just growing a main stem with very little side branches so i tied her down to help a bit more light get to the lower branches. A few pics,

The Iranian in the ground is doing ok, i worked in some granular feed to the top of the soil, but with all the rain the soil isn't getting a chance to drain and is getting waterlogged, which im sure isn't helping the plant.Its flowering thou which is a plus!

The lillies are still thriving even with the lack of sunshine

-------------

Date Posted: 17 July 2012 at 10:41
there looking great fella, lets hope for an indian summer hey, a nice hot sep-oct would go down a treat it might happen lol those Lilly's are beautiful i like the deep red one    

Date Posted: 20 July 2012 at 00:42
With my newly gained interest in other plants i gotta say that lily is completely awesome, really eye catching. Very clever.

Posted By: gardengnome
Date Posted: 20 July 2012 at 15:39
Hey Alecky! Our weather has been as dreadful as yours all summer it would seem : / im seriously considering going almost full out auto strains next year and im really looking forward to seeing how yours turn out so i'll know what to expect :) love the lillies btw :)

Date Posted: 22 August 2012 at 13:02
Thanks lads%3chumbs%20Up

So its about time for an update,all things considered,the plants are doing well, with most in flower, one just starting and another thats yet to fully kick in. Having  some problems with mould as expected.We have been getting great weather since beginning of August,plants are loving it!

First up the potted IA, doing great in the little greenhouse thingy and has some proper looking buds on her. I lost the top to mould and will probably lose some more, if it gets out of hand ill cut down the plant and harvest what i can.

Plant on right

And the IA in the ground,doing well now

Plant on left of greenhouse is a BB x GG#3, she has started to flower

And the rest, BB, BCMx2

One of the BC coastal mix is flowering now since beginning of august, she got some mould on her stem, down near the base.I washed the area down with a bleach mix and it seems to have done the trick.Ive got a couple of clones rooting to try and keep her around for next year.

BBxGG#3, starting to see the first few pistils form.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 August 2012 at 03:29
Well despite the shitty summer Alecky, the plants are still looking nice and healthy. Hope the weather holds out for the girls. 

-------------

Posted By: mtn grown
Date Posted: 24 August 2012 at 16:11
i second that sarah..an impressive garden to be grown under adverse conditions . hope you get better weather till the end of the season alecky.

Date Posted: 24 August 2012 at 19:56
Cheers sarah and mtn grown, ive fingers crossed for a nice September. I reckon i will be able to take the 2 autos sometime in September but the others will go the distance! Usually we get up until some point between 15th-20th of October before the weather just becomes too bad.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 August 2012 at 19:20
they look great, flowering at the beginning of august!!! that a keeper for sure, even with crappy weather they should be finished nice and early.

Posted By: organicgrow
Date Posted: 27 August 2012 at 20:11
That's a gorgeous garden Alecky.  %3chumbs%20Up

I wish you better weather in the coming months, you truly deserve it.

Cheers

-------------
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender

Date Posted: 04 September 2012 at 06:47
bump.. update?? hehe

Date Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:02
Thanks sickle and OG, i harvested the two IA last week, the smaller one was done the bigger one could have done with another week or two but mould was starting to take hold.

The others are doing well with all but one flowering. Ive moved the smaller BBxGG#3 into the wendy house, seems to like it! Anyway heres a few pics,

BBxGG#3, flowering about 1 week

B.C. Coastal mix,flowering since beginning of Aug

BB x GG#3 flowering approx 2 weeks,

B.C. Coastal mix, not flowering yet,

-------------

Posted By: organicgrow
Date Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:41
Plants are looking strong and healthy and seems like you're finally getting some sun. Best of luck for the rest of the season

-------------
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender

Posted By: munzy
Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:55
the more i see of your garden alecky the more i need an ODG.

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:35
Looking realy nice Al.
With the weather we have been havin i'm glad to see you have been able to grow what are very nice looking plants but if the summers keep deteriorating the way they have out door grows in our neck of the woods may become a thing of the past.
Good luck with the rest of the grow and have a good day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:40
munz now is the time to go looking for spots if your thinking about guerlla growing next season, even if you plan to grow in your garden roll a doob sit in your garden an note where the sun hits, the same for guerlla sites, you probably know this but i thought id say anyway

you defo have green fingers alecky

Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:54
i just thought id add that early pheno doesnt look like the timewarp i grew a few years back which was heavy sativa and grow like a vine and ive never grown Cambodian so it ether cambodian or bc coastal haze or a cross of the two ether way its a score

Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 15:56
Munzy mate-go for it, find a nice spot or move to a house with a garden! Thanks 1966, im already looking into getting a greenhouse or poly tunnel for next year.%3cmile

Sickle mate, you have lost me!! I presume your talking about whats in the mix pack yeah? never heard of timewarp! Cambodian?? Bejaysus! 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 16:05
sorry bro, the bcm contains timewarp, cambodian, bc coastal haze crosses
form the look of it id say bc coastal haze as it looks nothing like the timewarp i grew a few year back and i think the camdodian would be more sativa also    

Posted By: munzy
Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 16:56
i do have a nice GG spot just watching how you boyz get on before i decide which beans i get

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:39
im looking forward to your outdoor antics next year munz, im going to be trying more auto/semi's next year although alot of people from another forum who ran just autos have had problems because the weather was so bad at the start of the season just when there plants were flowering so i think a mix of the two(auto/early photo) is the way to go, hedge your bets sort of thing

Date Posted: 13 September 2012 at 12:11
update?? hehe hows that coastal haze coming along?

Date Posted: 13 September 2012 at 18:17
Hi mate, how's things? The early BCM is doing great, the weather has got a little worse, some rain almost everyday now and the temps have dropped a bit as well, but she seems unfazed by it all! No signs of mould yet either. I'm still aiming at a end of Sept finish, but who knows!?! The other BCM started to put out some pistils over the weekend.

The big BB is coming along nicely, as is the smaller one, but I think they will be out for as long as the weather allows. Nice fruity smells coming from them.

The cuts in took from the early BCM while in flower have rooted, just need them to re veg now. I'll get a few pics in the morning and post them up.

-------------

Posted By: Viriathus
Date Posted: 15 September 2012 at 03:22
Strong stems You have, alecky :), even when battling with the Eire's Summer. Hoping You will have a good harvest.

Date Posted: 18 September 2012 at 12:32
Thanks viri! Managed to get a few pics today, weather has been unpredictable lately, increased rain showers, colder and windy!

BCM

BB x GG#3

BCM, started putting out pistils around 8 days ago.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 September 2012 at 11:52
things are looking great bro, that bcm is gorgeous hold on to her she will serve you well and will be a fine one to cross out for early offspring

Date Posted: 09 October 2012 at 17:57
hows them plants doing, your to biz trimming to update, i hope

Date Posted: 10 October 2012 at 15:02
Hi sicklehand,hows it going mate? Yeah in fact i have been busy trimming lately, mostly indoor plants though! I took down the BCM at end of sept, lost a good bit to mold,id say around a 1/3, nearly all the bigger buds on top of branches were affected. I ended up with nearly 2ozs.

To be honest i think that plant looked better than it actually was, what buds i did get are very light and fluffy. Ive smoked some already, its an ok smoke, not too strong and the flavour/taste is good, hazey/spicy taste, i think it will improve with a bit of a cure.

The 2 BB X GG#3 are doing great and at this stage not even a trace of mould, my only concern is that they are not finished, the one in the greenhouse i thought would be finished by now, on the upside we are having an unusually mild and bright October. The smells from both are lovely, mostly a strong fruity blueberry smell, the bigger one has got a bit of purple going on too, i presume from the low temps.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 October 2012 at 12:29
nice purpling on the barry lol there some hardy plants to not have a drop of the rot considering the season we've had.

Date Posted: 16 October 2012 at 22:17
Cheers mate, so as usual i spoke to soon and noticed a complete branch full of mould on the plant in the greenhouse, so i cut her down yesterday. Luckily it was only on the branch, i lost zero bud to mold, delighted with that!

The other one is still out and its fattening up nicely and turning a deep purple. The smell from both is lovely, a strong sweet fruity smell.

Found some mould on her too, again only on the branch, i tried treating it with a bleach solution but it just kept spreading,so i cut the branch off. The days are still nice and theres some good weather forecast for the end of the month so shes staying out as long as the mould stays away.

Heres a few pics of the branch i cut off, i think ill get a nice yield from her.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 October 2012 at 10:23
sweet dusty sticky arms o bud love it, these canadian outdoor genetics really stand up to the elements eh! lol
great growing mate

Date Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:19
Nice job Alecky.
I have gotta have a out door grow of some description next year as both you and Mr Sickle are the envy of everyone on here who think it is not possible to grow out doors in our climate.
Excellent plants you must be pleased?
Have a good day

-------------
Live and let live

Print Page | Close Window