Print Page | Close Window

HD's hopefully awesome 2nd grow

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Indoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your indoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10432
Printed Date: 19 October 2019 at 00:02

Topic: HD's hopefully awesome 2nd grow
Posted By: Hash Driveway
Subject: HD's hopefully awesome 2nd grow
Date Posted: 03 April 2012 at 17:36

Hi guys. Spring finally got here (ignoring the 3" of snow outside) so it's growtime for me.  *excited*

Being a 2nd grow, i dont need to buy all that stuff i needed to last year, which is nice.

The grow space is a 900mm x 900mm x 1600mm tent with necessary fans and filter. A 400w ballast with interchangeable metal halide and HPS bulbs provide the lighting. Here it is in action from last year

Growing medium is good old simple multi-purpose compost with perlite added.

Nutes are Plant Magic Oldtimer Organic Grow/Bloom.

The only thing I've spent money on so far are the seeds which are:

1 of Sensi Jack Flash #5

1 of Nirvana White Widow

1 of Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk (failed to crack)

2 of Underground Originals Smile (regs) (both male)

I like variety.

For the diary, seeds went between the plates 5 days ago. 3 days ago the JF#5, WW and the Smiles were potted. The PC so far has failed to crack.

Not much to look at yet but at least I'm through the awful waiting for the shoots to emerge stage (except for that effing Pineapple Chunk of course.)

Well, it's a start.

Replies:
Posted By: sicklehand
Date Posted: 03 April 2012 at 18:17
Nice one HD, its good to have you back, good luck with the grow

Posted By: 1966
Date Posted: 03 April 2012 at 19:59
Good luck to you on the grow and i wish you a bountiful harvest.
Have a good day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 04 April 2012 at 21:59

Date Posted: 04 April 2012 at 22:04
Thanks guys.

Bit short of content to put in the diary at the moment but the best place to start is at the beginning.

Posted By: alsc
Date Posted: 05 April 2012 at 10:12
nice setup man!
i'll be watching this, your setup is quite similar to mine... don't your temps get too high with a 400W in that small space?
i'm using a 250 'cause i was afraid to not be able to keep temps down...

nice flowering plants from your last grow, what strain is it?

good luck!
al.

Date Posted: 05 April 2012 at 16:17
Originally posted by alsc

nice setup man!
i'll be watching this, your setup is quite similar to mine... don't your temps get too high with a 400W in that small space?
i'm using a 250 'cause i was afraid to not be able to keep temps down...

nice flowering plants from your last grow, what strain is it?

good luck!
al.

Thanks alsc. Yes, first thing I spotted reading your diary was our similar sized space which interests me as well. 400w is teamed with my tent on all the ebay kits so that's what I got. Anything smaller than 90cm x 90cm, 250w is probably just about right. I did have some heat problems last year mainly due to being up in the attic but an inlet fan and leaving the tent door open a bit when the light was on kept it mostly below 30C.

The plants in the tent are Northern Lights and Skunk#1 clones I attempted. It was easy, you should try it.

Posted By: coverking
Date Posted: 05 April 2012 at 17:24
hi HD, looking forward to seeing the jack flash#5 grow,
ive been interested in that strain for a while, all the best,,CK

-------------
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 06 April 2012 at 01:51
All the best for the grow HD... I really hope the PC cracks and grows for you. Pineapple chunk is a great strain.

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 06 April 2012 at 23:18
Originally posted by coverking

hi HD, looking forward to seeing the jack flash#5 grow,
ive been interested in that strain for a while, all the best,,CK

Thanks CK. Hope I can do it justice.

Date Posted: 06 April 2012 at 23:23
Originally posted by sarah louise

All the best for the grow HD... I really hope the PC cracks and grows for you. Pineapple chunk is a great strain.

Cheers Sarah. Still not cracked though i'm afraid. I continue to dampen and check however. Not optimistic.

Posted By: mellow
Date Posted: 10 April 2012 at 12:29
Chair pulled up

Date Posted: 10 April 2012 at 19:58
Originally posted by mellow

Chair pulled up

If you're interested in silly tall seedlings you'll find the next update positively riveting mate.

Date Posted: 10 April 2012 at 20:32
lol.......

Date Posted: 10 April 2012 at 21:20
So yeah, if you're a tall seedling fan this update will be a real treat.

Last Tuesday:

This Tuesday:

They're still a bit drunken, sometimes they lean against their crappy (but effective) supports but mostly sway independently. The temptation to put them deeper in bigger pots is strong but it's only the pots that are holding the soil together. Matters arent helped by the MH light being good at what it does ie they are very top heavy but havent gained much height.

Hopefully I'll have something better to show you next week.

Oh, and that Pineapple Chunk effer still hasnt cracked. It's not getting much longer, the plates it's between are my favourite pie-heating plates and I miss them.

Date Posted: 11 April 2012 at 05:23
Shame about the Pineapple Chuck... it's one of the few non Sensi strains that really makes me smile. Ah well, thems the breaks.

Your supports look good to me... just watch the cotton tipped one... might become a site for mould.

All the best with it HD. %3chumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 11 April 2012 at 12:46
Hey,

i got some strechy ones last time, just trying to do to many under the CFL, a good does of light sorted em out.

There's also a chappie I know, who recons you should never prop a seedling? he recons leave em and they'll sort them selfs out( don't think i'd risk it myself)

Posted By: sandy beach
Date Posted: 15 April 2012 at 18:30
%3crea%3cy  say HD, when do you give your plants their first feed ?

Date Posted: 17 April 2012 at 15:15

Shame about the Pineapple Chuck... it's one of the few non Sensi strains that really makes me smile. Ah well, thems the breaks.

Your supports look good to me... just watch the cotton tipped one... might become a site for mould.

All the best with it HD. %3c3chumbs%3c20Up

Thank you Sarah. Not too fussed about the no-show PC, I wouldnt flower more than 4 plants at a time with my grow space. My extra plant insurance is gone though.

Date Posted: 17 April 2012 at 15:24
Originally posted by mellow

Hey,

i got some strechy ones last time, just trying to do to many under the CFL, a good does of light sorted em out.

There's also a chappie I know, who recons you should never prop a seedling? he recons leave em and they'll sort them selfs out( don't think i'd risk it myself)

My stretchy problem happened because i had to put the plants beside the radiator behind the sofa when the weather turned cold (the attic is unheated.) it was kinda dark behind the sofa so I thought I'd sling the cfl over them. The stretch happened literally over night.

When you've only four seedlings you've a duty to stand them up i think. if you had thirty or so maybe not so much, besides, you'd never find enough cable tie twists lieing around the house to do it. I struggled to find four.

Date Posted: 17 April 2012 at 15:36
Originally posted by sandy beach

%3c3crea%3c3cy  say HD, when do you give your plants their first feed ?

Hey sandy beach, glad to see you finally made it here. (I should point out that we are real-life mates and that really is his real name)

Would expect to start feeding the grow nute when i go 12/12 possibly earlier if vegging goes on longer than expected. I'm not having yellow leaves this year, it's been decreed.

Date Posted: 17 April 2012 at 16:03
Tuesday Update.

Last Tuesday:

This Tuesday:

I'm quite pleased with their progress. I didnt have the metal halide this stage last year and checking back I'm further on this time than then. 

The stems are still a bit feeble but by this time next week they should be potted up

and the whole tall seedling embarassment can be put to bed. %3cmbarrass%3cd

For the diary, that's been 15 days since they popped out of the compost. They take around 500ml of water between them every two days and have had twelve days of 18/6 mh.

Nothing else to report.

Date Posted: 18 April 2012 at 12:59
They don't look bad at all HD. I start seed in the smallest of containers so any stretching can be quickly buried. Interested to see how the Jack Flash goes... bought a few of those recently but wont be able to germinate them for a couple of months.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 April 2012 at 20:24

They don't look bad at all HD. I start seed in the smallest of containers so any stretching can be quickly buried. Interested to see how the Jack Flash goes... bought a few of those recently but wont be able to germinate them for a couple of months.

The small pot start makes sense, shall do that next time. Thanks for all the tips you keep furnishing us with. %3cmile

I'm interested in how the JF goes as well, read some rave smoke reports on the internets.

Date Posted: 26 April 2012 at 21:22
Right, having some difficulty in getting daylight pics but this will have to do

9 days ago:

10 mins ago:

Smiles are at the back, Jack Flash#5 to the left, White Widow to the right (same positions as last week and each week).

Potted up last week with no dramas, although I did get caught buying the new pots by a friend of my sisters. "Oooh, are you planting something?" she asked innocently. "Aye, something like that" I mumbled. I also burnt the JF#5's leaves a bit with careless watering, you can see the damage bottom left of the plant.

For the diary, they are now 24 days old and take 500ml of water each every 2-3 days.

Next week should be even more interesting,,

Date Posted: 27 April 2012 at 14:23
really nice plants man!
the fun should start preatty soon :-)
what kind of soil did your start seeds in?

Date Posted: 27 April 2012 at 16:10
nice Hash,

Them jack Flash's are meant to be amazing, I think I'm gonna get some for my next run :).

Where did you get the WhiteWidow from?

Date Posted: 28 April 2012 at 00:52
if i may be so bold mellow......http://www.pickandmixseeds.co.uk/products/nirvana-northern-lights

Date Posted: 28 April 2012 at 12:56
Edited through embarrassment    

Date Posted: 28 April 2012 at 15:30
Sandy's not a troll Mellow, we know each other in real life thus he knew the answer to your question - Where did you get the WhiteWidow from? -  quite literally.

I would have less specifically answered, a single seed vendor, where I also got the JF #5 incidently.

Feel free to edit your posts guys %3cink

Date Posted: 28 April 2012 at 15:37

really nice plants man!
the fun should start preatty soon :-)
what kind of soil did your start seeds in?

Thanks al, after a wobbly start some progress has been made.

Multi purpose compost from start to finish. Keepin it simple. and cheap.

Date Posted: 28 April 2012 at 15:55
Ok, well first off sorry.

I don't really have anything to say except I'm a prize bellend. I asked for the question and slammed the guy who answered. I don't normally get on my high horse, so sorry, sandy.

Date Posted: 28 April 2012 at 16:05
I wouldnt worry about it Mellow, and neither will sandy, he's the epitome of laid back. Maybe he wont be so bold next time %3cig%20smile

Date Posted: 28 April 2012 at 17:21
i made the post before i realised i was over stepping my bounds.%3co%20high

Date Posted: 28 April 2012 at 18:01
Hello guys.
Maybe you should change your name to Not So Mellow.
Have a little of your harvest and live up to your current name.
You have good weekend.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 28 April 2012 at 19:54
ahahah! very funny!

sandy i don't know you, i know you are no troll but your avatar is one of my favorite records of all time!

Date Posted: 28 April 2012 at 23:05
hello alsc.......great to meet another fan of that record.

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 20:59
Wee update

Last Thursday:

This Thursday:

As always, Smiles at the back, Jack Flash #5 front left, White Widow front right

This week I have mostly been learning about low humidity, the damage it does and how to counteract it. The hygrometer I have doesnt give readings below 30% and I assume the actual reading was dangerously low. Plants were droopy and not extending to the light. I eventually figured that the compost was losing most of it's moisture in 24 hours and I was only watering every 48 hours. I potted up and now at lights off, I water them and shut off the inlet and outlet fans which gives 70 - 80% humidity with the door shut. They seem to be recovering nicely

Here's the White Widow's undergrowth

For the diary, they are now 30 days old.

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 22:28
looking good HD, the white widow looks like my superskunk x white widow, ive compared it to my super skunks and not much like them just a little, so looks like its leaning toward the ww side your picture confirms it for me, getting nice and bushy now when you going to flower

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 23:12
Cheers CK, there were times in the past week that werent very awesome but I learned a lot.

Not sure about when I'll flip, a lot of variables arent known yet. I dont think they'll all be going 12/12 at the same time.

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 23:16
this is the bit you sit down and ponder alot, well i do
its a watching game changing as the plants grow lol im sure you will make the right choice how tall are they now because jack flash is a grower im told plenty of sativa in her im expecting the worst with my jack herer seedling gona top /train the hell out of her

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 23:44
Originally posted by coverking

this is the bit you sit down and ponder alot, well i do
its a watching game changing as the plants grow lol im sure you will make the right choice how tall are they now because jack flash is a grower im told plenty of sativa in her im expecting the worst with my jack herer seedling gona top /train the hell out of her

I'm not sure what the JF #5's dominant pheno is going to be yet CK, it was producing indica type leaves but the last set are sativa lookin. Come on sativa %3crocker%3cI need a change from couch lock.

Plants are 6 - 9" tall. Smiles will be 12/12ed at 16", JF around the same, WW 20" ish. I'm not ready to grow JH yet, but I will eventually.

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 23:52
King says it right with that  you must think before you move line!

Posted By: Jug Head
Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 19:23
Hi HB! I've read you journal and your doing great buddy! The reptile looking leafs are the onset of shock and lockout. But no need to worry! You are right that it is a humidity/heat problem! Grow tents need air vented lighting. This is why you have to open the door! The correct environment in a grow tent is hard to maintain so a cooltube is a must in my honest opinion!

The set up goes...

carbon filter - fan - ducting - cooltube - ducting - exit vent.

This was the setup I used and vented the warm air to my bathroom! It would sort out your heat problem and help keep the humidity high.

I would also swap the bulb to hps from mh. They should pre flower on week 6, flowering is best after this. And umm I think that's it! Oh yeah check your ph of your water. Over water one of your pots and check the ph of the run off! This will give you an idea of whats going on in the soil and don't even consider giving them nutes until well into flowering! Big pots full of multi purpose will see them through veg. Add worm castings to the mix next time! And dont give them any dark in veg... lost growth time! If you give them 6 hours dark per night, in four days you'd have lost a days growth! And it is noticeable!

I think smoking a bowl before typing was a bad idea! Your doing great!

Jugs

-------------
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson -

Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 14:58
Hey HD, nice progress your plants are doing.
i also had the low RH problem (but didn't have the problems you are experiencing... maybe 'cause i was growing more hardy plants), have you seen on High Rolla's superskunk diary how he managed low humidity? (i think sarah louise adviced him to - with water and bandages... clever).
i was trying to gather more humidity by misting all the time... as soon as i stopped plants looked much better.. it was the wrong way to solve the low RH problem...
there's also a device called mist maker (you can find it in grow shops) not expensive (30 € for the small one) that should raise RH nicely.
anyways, i think we are lucky that our enviroments tend to have low humidity rather than high humidity... i hate mold! :-)
have a nice day

Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 22:42
Originally posted by Jug Head

Hi HB! I've read you journal and your doing great buddy! The reptile looking leafs are the onset of shock and lockout. But no need to worry! You are right that it is a humidity/heat problem! Grow tents need air vented lighting. This is why you have to open the door! The correct environment in a grow tent is hard to maintain so a cooltube is a must in my honest opinion!

The set up goes...

carbon filter - fan - ducting - cooltube - ducting - exit vent.

This was the setup I used and vented the warm air to my bathroom! It would sort out your heat problem and help keep the humidity high.

I would also swap the bulb to hps from mh. They should pre flower on week 6, flowering is best after this. And umm I think that's it! Oh yeah check your ph of your water. Over water one of your pots and check the ph of the run off! This will give you an idea of whats going on in the soil and don't even consider giving them nutes until well into flowering! Big pots full of multi purpose will see them through veg. Add worm castings to the mix next time! And dont give them any dark in veg... lost growth time! If you give them 6 hours dark per night, in four days you'd have lost a days growth! And it is noticeable!

I think smoking a bowl before typing was a bad idea! Your doing great!

Jugs

Hey Jughead, thanks man, and for taking the time to tell us what you know.

I've looked into to cooltubes before, a real good thing I agree, but I'd have to upgrade my fan and filter and  my meagre growspace would be reduced a bit and etc. It's easier and much much cheaper just to open the door a little. For now.

I dont bother with all the PH stuff, if you're growing in soil you shouldnt have to, it's part of soil's appeal.
I'm keeping with the six hours dark in veg, I'm in no hurry. My understanding was that lights on - the plant stores energy and grows. Lights off -  the plant just grows, plus I get my high humidity period..

I'll try the worm shit though %3chumbs%20Up

%3cmoking

Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 23:06

Hey HD, nice progress your plants are doing.
i also had the low RH problem (but didn't have the problems you are experiencing... maybe 'cause i was growing more hardy plants), have you seen on High Rolla's superskunk diary how he managed low humidity? (i think sarah louise adviced him to - with water and bandages... clever).
i was trying to gather more humidity by misting all the time... as soon as i stopped plants looked much better.. it was the wrong way to solve the low RH problem...
there's also a device called mist maker (you can find it in grow shops) not expensive (30 € for the small one) that should raise RH nicely.
anyways, i think we are lucky that our enviroments tend to have low humidity rather than high humidity... i hate mold! :-)
have a nice day

Hey al, thanks bud.

That's a good point about the hardiness of the plant you're growing. Last years Skunk #1 and Northern Lights didnt give a damn about my low humidity enviroment. And yeah I read that diary and I got the bandage in the water. I also stopped misting when I read it but that's when my droopy problem started, so I started misting again (along with some other changes) and they're much better. Maybe it's the crappy climate here in Scotland.

Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 23:14
Originally posted by sandy beach

King says it right with that  you must think before you move line!

You hardly move at all sandy, if movement was taxable you'd be exempt.

Date Posted: 10 May 2012 at 23:50
A shoddy update

Last Thursday:

This Thursday:

Apologies for another MH tainted tent pic. Smiles at the back, Jack Flash #5 front left, White Widow front right.

Had quite a leap forward this week. The Smiles are going 12/12 tomorrow (currently 15-16 inches tall) and I may just do the same with the JF #5 which is 14 inches tall and very wide.

Anyone identify the pheno? It's very bushy so indica?

For the diary they are 37 days old and I'm baked, too baked to type anymore.

Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 15:57
Finally got a chance to take some pics out of the tent so here goes

Smiles at the back, Jack Flash #5 front left, White Widow front right

These are the Smiles, the tallest one is 25 inches

Pity they're both male

You weigh up the odds and take the chance. Bastard.

So that leaves me with just two plants. Here is the JF#5

which looks like it might exploit all the newly availible space, the width it is. It went 12/12 4 days ago and just got its first feed of grow nute.

This is the WW which has just gone 12/12 and had its first feed as well

So, ups and downs, strikes and gutters but being pragmatic I'll boost my yield with clones which I'll cut this week. Also, now I've a half empty tent, there'll be room to veg the clones without setting up more lighting. Positive thinking..

Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 16:51
Bigger pots become a possibility too with extra space.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 16:56
Sometimes lady luck can be a bit of a bitch but she still could have treated you worse.
Good luck with the remaining two and the clones.
Have a good weekend.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 17:09

Bigger pots become a possibility too with extra space.

That's a good idea Sara, I might just do that. Plenty of space to train them if they get too big for the tent. If only I can buy them without being spotted for once.

Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 17:13
Originally posted by kph1966

Sometimes lady luck can be a bit of a bitch but she still could have treated worse.
Good luck with the remaining two and the clones.
Have a good weekend.

Thanks kp, it was always a gamble but nature won. Cant argue with that.

Date Posted: 24 May 2012 at 21:30
Wee update to record the start of flowering

Jack Flash #5 to the left, White Widow to the right:

Both are around 24-25 inches.

For the diary, the JF has been in flower 5 days, the WW 1 day. They were a bit pale so I've incrementally increased the grow nute to 4ml/L which they suck up at a rate of 3L each every second day. It's now hot up in the attic.

I hate just having 2 plants, it's very wasteful with a square floor area

Doesnt matter where you position them, a third of the wattage is lighting the floor.

But the clones are on their way to fill some of the space

Just cut them 2 days ago so a bit of a wait yet to see if they take. I've a couple of seeds in reserve just in case.

And that does 'er for another week.

Posted By: SuperDuper
Date Posted: 24 May 2012 at 23:35
hello nice plants
my question is if they are now 25inch. do u have space to grow them i mean height

Date Posted: 26 May 2012 at 21:06
Originally posted by SuperDuper

hello nice plants
my question is if they are now 25inch. do u have space to grow them i mean height

Hi SD, and thank you.

I hope i got the space. I can reach 37-38inches (almost 1 metre) before I'd have to tie them down. The Jack Flash for example was 16 inches when it went 12/12, so I allowed for the plant to double in height plus a bit more. Hopefully my calculations turn out about right but you never can tell.

Date Posted: 27 May 2012 at 17:18
hi HD, looking good!
too bad you only got 2 females... i might be in your same situation soon: only 3 of the 5 seeds i planted sprouted so far and they are all pure power plant. i will wait a little more and eventually get a couple of clones if i only remain with 3 plants (i want to have 4!).
too bad the iced widow i planted hasn't sprouted yet... i was curious about her... i'll give her some more days.

i will watch how you deal with setting up the space with the clones!

Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 15:39

hi HD, looking good!
too bad you only got 2 females... i might be in your same situation soon: only 3 of the 5 seeds i planted sprouted so far and they are all pure power plant. i will wait a little more and eventually get a couple of clones if i only remain with 3 plants (i want to have 4!).
too bad the iced widow i planted hasn't sprouted yet... i was curious about her... i'll give her some more days.

i will watch how you deal with setting up the space with the clones!

Thanks al

3 plants in a square space works pretty well, you get some wiggle room. 2 plants kinda sucks (inefficient) but 5 plants really sucks (far too crowded). I hope you get an iced widow though, just to see what it's like.

Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 16:19
Last Thursday:

This Thursday:

Jack Flash #5 to the left, White Widow to the right.

For the diary, we've reached Day 59. They are now 33-34 inches and the stretch is slowing, thank Christ. The JF has been in flower 12 days, the WW 8 days.

The JF I'll admit is the apple of my eye

It's impossibly green and has dozens of budsites like this

The clones look pretty much the same as last week, little if any movement but still as green. If all 4 grow I'll have to come up with a different flowering strategy as the 2 plants in the tent are already closely squished together. If the 2 plants that turned out male had been female, I'd really have a space problem now, so silver linings and all that.

Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 16:35
Lovely plants! Having too many is a great problem to have. Good work buddy! I'm loving the elevation of the leafs.

-------------
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson -

Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 16:52
nice plants HD, looks like they will hold some bud lol, strong ladies

-------------

Date Posted: 07 June 2012 at 21:55
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Last Thursday:

This Thursday:

As always, Jack Flash #5 left, White Widow right. They've gained at least 3 inches in height from last week and I nipped off a load of leaves from the bottoms of em so I could top up the compost and water them more easily. 

For the diary, this is day 66. The JF has been in flower 19 days, the WW 15 days.

Here's the JF's upper reaches

It's been a joy to grow, really easy and very nice to look at, my eyes are all to fuck with the HPS again, I gaze at it a lot.

This is the WW

It was a cheap Nirvana seed originally selected to be the spare, disposable plant if all the other seeds worked out, which of course they didnt. It's turned out quite a good reserve I think.

And finally, the clones have all rooted

One of them's a bit of a runt but the plan is finally going to plan. %3colling%20one

Posted By: munzy
Date Posted: 08 June 2012 at 00:13
love the look of WW leafs %3cool

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 14 June 2012 at 20:18
Cheers munzy, there's certainly plenty of them.

Last Thursday:

This Thursday:

Jack Flash #5 left, White Widow right.

The JF's upward growth has slowed almost to stop and is now filling out. This is after 26 days of flowering

The WW continues to reach for the light in every direction. It's now nearing 40 inches tall.

It looks a bit like a yacht. The outermost branches have stretched into the corners of the tent, a side effect of having just 2 plants in a square space.

At 22 days flowering it's living up to its name

Meanwhile in the tent the ceiling approaches

I invested in an oscillating fan for the run in and also some yoyos for the inevitable tieing down. The clones are in there now as well on the stool.

Date Posted: 14 June 2012 at 22:02

UUU weeee real monsters u got ther uffff nice real nice sory 4 eampty post mmmmmmmmmmmmm %3coving%20it

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 02:08
They look fantastic HD! Whatever nutes your using they love them! Are you using a flowering boost? How are you topping the hours of light up on the clones? Good work buddy!

Jugs

-------------

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 21:50

UUU weeee real monsters u got ther uffff nice real nice sory 4 eampty post mmmmmmmmmmmmm %3c3coving%3c20it

Thanks SD. Not quite monsters but the biggest ones I've ever grown. No problem with the empty post, I've done that before. It's because there's 2 'Post Reply' buttons and if you're %3cig%3c you've got a 50% chance of getting it right/wrong.

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 22:23

They look fantastic HD! Whatever nutes your using they love them! Are you using a flowering boost? How are you topping the hours of light up on the clones? Good work buddy!

Jugs

Cheers Jugs but I have to admit my input towards their progress is minimal. For the entire grow all they'll get is whatever's in Levingtons MP compost, Plant Magic Oldtimer Organic Grow from flipping the light to end of stretch then Plant Magic Oldtimer Organic Bloom till flush. Works well and much easier than twatting about with 3 biobizz bottles every feed time.

Keepin it soil, keepin it simple, people.

The clones get 12 hours in the tent, 12 hours on the window sill. I know I should have a veg area but fuck it, why burn 2 lights when you can get away with one.

Date Posted: 15 June 2012 at 22:46
LEGEND HD! If I could push anything on you it would be bat guano as a top dressing. It would suit your simple organic style! A hand full of dry bat shit on the top of your soil once a week and water over the top as normal. They say bat shit gives your girl's wings! If it's not f**Ked dont fix it! Good work buddy!

Jugs

-------------

Posted By: breizh ganja
Date Posted: 16 June 2012 at 12:07
what can i say man ? a spécial look for the JFlash; seem to be a good plant !wait for the drying met. and maybe a smoke report ;) have somes green and cloudy days !

-------------
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !

Date Posted: 17 June 2012 at 17:48

LEGEND HD! If I could push anything on you it would be bat guano as a top dressing. It would suit your simple organic style! A hand full of dry bat shit on the top of your soil once a week and water over the top as normal. They say bat shit gives your girl's wings! If it's not f**Ked dont fix it! Good work buddy!

Jugs

Thanks man!

Yeah, I've read positive things about bat guano, supposed to be good for vegging while there's still nutrient in the compost. I'll give it a go next time. For the current lot, I dont think they need anything more for now or I'll run out of space.

Date Posted: 17 June 2012 at 17:58
Originally posted by breizh ganja

what can i say man ? a spécial look for the JFlash; seem to be a good plant !wait for the drying met. and maybe a smoke report ;) have somes green and cloudy days !

Thanks BG! I personally cant wait to do that smoke report.

Here's to green and cloudy days %3coving%20it

Date Posted: 17 June 2012 at 18:20
I'm not sure how big an issue this is but here goes any way.

Both my Jack Flash #5 clones have pre-flowers.

Clone A

Clone B

The cause it would seem by googling is that when I cut them the mom was in flower, It was only in flower for a few days.

They're only around 4 inches tall and seem very healthy

Is this a cause for concern? I'm finding it quite interesting myself.

Date Posted: 17 June 2012 at 18:23
Nope! No Cause for concern mate! They look perfect! Very nice!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2012 at 18:27
Hello HD
ther is nothing to worry about it i made clones from plants that was in 6 weeks in flower end the clones grow nicley but the smell of them was a bit biger end nothing more

Date Posted: 17 June 2012 at 18:31

Nope! No Cause for concern mate! They look perfect! Very nice!

Thanks Jugs. In my google search there was some chat about hermie-ing but only when bad genetics were in play so it shouldnt be a problem.

Date Posted: 17 June 2012 at 18:32
In fact HD you've pulled off what I could not! The last time I moved clones from the windowsill to hps they shocked and died! This might have been what triggered the pre flower but they are wee beasties!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 June 2012 at 18:35

Hello HD
ther is nothing to worry about it i made clones from plants that was in 6 weeks in flower end the clones grow nicley but the smell of them was a bit biger end nothing more

Thanks man, that's reassuring coming from the clone king!

Date Posted: 17 June 2012 at 19:05

In fact HD you've pulled off what I could not! The last time I moved clones from the windowsill to hps they shocked and died! This might have been what triggered the pre flower but they are wee beasties!

Aye, I read about the stress thing on my google search. They started off on the floor of the tent, then up on to the stool and now they're on an empty 10L pot on top of the stool. Maybe I should lose the 10L pot for a few days, my worry is they get too big before the moms are fully flowered and outta there, hence no bat shit yet.

Date Posted: 17 June 2012 at 19:45
I'd try and keep them out of direct (sunny) sunlight, if there is such a thing in this country! As they are clones they would benefit from being topped. This would slowdown the hight and would give them a lovely bushy shape! But I would let them grow a few more internodes before doing that! But clones grow a lot different from seeded plants, they stay more compact and they don't have a tap root. So don't slow the growing down over the hight issue. In my novice humble opinion only HD! lol

Jugs

-------------

Posted By: super mario
Date Posted: 20 June 2012 at 19:27
big plants or small plants in a sea of green.

my first grow i finished motherplants and i was not really happy with the ammount of crop.
then i tried in my 80x80 box 16 pots each 20x20, so 16 fit in the box 6,5 L. i send my clones to flower when the reach a hight of 20-25 cm and the average crop of ech plant now is at 20g each, so now i get 16x20g under 250hps sysytem on soil.  just an advice, try cloning and work with small plants in a sea of green.

also i tried the mentioned method in a homebox XL 1,20x1,20 with 36 pots with 600watts hps, omg the crop from that grow was amazing, each plant had 20-25g. so that makes 36x say 20g each made like 720g at once on my 3rd grow on soil.  this pic show my grow at the moment with aurora indica clones in a sea of green 16 pots all now about 30cm.

Date Posted: 20 June 2012 at 22:19
super mario View%20Drop%20Down hi start a new post this a HD grow diary

Date Posted: 20 June 2012 at 22:20
sory 4 eng.%3coving%20it im a alko stoner %3clown peace %3ceed%20leaf

Date Posted: 20 June 2012 at 22:28
nice plant bay the way

Posted By: super mario
Date Posted: 21 June 2012 at 14:46
thas was not starting a thread i was trying to give tipps to get more crop and an example pic??? was that wrong???SORRY!cause you´ll see small plants are more productive and have not such long flowering time! be more efficent using this method. a propper grow book will tell you the same or youtube clips!

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 21 June 2012 at 16:52
Hi HD, just saw your full-plant shots a couple of pages back - brilliant work! They're as healthy, resinous and well-structured as a grower could wish for.

Would you mind if I linked one or two of the images to the Sensi FB page in the future?

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 21 June 2012 at 19:30
Originally posted by super mario

thas was not starting a thread i was trying to give tipps to get more crop and an example pic??? was that wrong???SORRY!cause you´ll see small plants are more productive and have not such long flowering time! be more efficent using this method. a propper grow book will tell you the same or youtube clips!

Hey super mario, I understand that you were illustrating the points you were making. It's cool. I think Super Duper was joking about an earlier exchange we had and something got lost in translation, he is from Mars after all..

SoG's or SCroG's are not for me, I like to see a plants form when growing. It's a large part of the pleasure for me. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us tho.

Date Posted: 21 June 2012 at 19:45
Originally posted by Ganja

Hi HD, just saw your full-plant shots a couple of pages back - brilliant work! They're as healthy, resinous and well-structured as a grower could wish for.

Would you mind if I linked one or two of the images to the Sensi FB page in the future?

Thanks Ganga!

Sure you can use them, my pleasure. Remember tho, the White Widow isnt a Sensi seed in case you hadnt noticed..

I'm doing an update shortly with possibly better pics of the Jack Flash #5, If they're of any use please feel free use them.

Date Posted: 21 June 2012 at 19:57

I'd try and keep them out of direct (sunny) sunlight, if there is such a thing in this country! As they are clones they would benefit from being topped. This would slowdown the hight and would give them a lovely bushy shape! But I would let them grow a few more internodes before doing that! But clones grow a lot different from seeded plants, they stay more compact and they don't have a tap root. So don't slow the growing down over the hight issue. In my novice humble opinion only HD! lol

Jugs

I think they've seen about 2 hours of 'direct sunny sunlight' this month bud.

I'm open to the idea of topping but do you really think I'd have the space? Each plant would have just 450mm square to grow in and the moms are fairly branchy.

Date Posted: 21 June 2012 at 20:46
Last Thursday:

This Thursday:

Jack Flash #5 ................................................... White Widow

For the diary, this is day 80. The JF has been in flower 33 days, the WW 29 days. They take 4l of liquid each every 3rd day.

Here's some pics of the JF

This strain is a cinch to grow, if this half-wit can grow it any half-wit can

The 1st orange pistils are arriving on the branch buds

and a few on the main cola 

The WW and the clones are also doing fine but their pics turned out crap in the gloom up in the attic.

Date Posted: 21 June 2012 at 21:19
Looking delectable HD mighty fine plants.
This half wit,dumb feck,numb nuts may well have a grow of these strains one day.
May you receive a bountiful harvest in the not to distant future.
Have a good evening.

-------------
Live and let live

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 22 June 2012 at 14:17
Cheers, HD!

Must admit to having forgotten the beginning of the thread. Looking back, I see the White Widow is from Nirvana. Beautiful plant nonetheless!

We'll definitely link to a couple of the JF#5 shots, as they're a lovely example of the strain.

Congratulations on your distinctly awesome 2nd grow!

[also: nice one for naming the images in a consistent, logical way!]

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Posted By: sicklehand
Date Posted: 22 June 2012 at 14:22
Fine looking plants HD, i like that you've let them do there thing, so many plants you see are contorted freaks it's nice to see the overall shape of a strain as well as the buds imo

Posted By: breizh ganja
Date Posted: 22 June 2012 at 17:54
big HashDriveway ! we are waiting for the next step ! : drying method and smoke report.
i like this culture: soil and the less human action on the plant;no topping the main cola; and of course some green fingers and lot of lovvve! ;)

-------------
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !

Date Posted: 25 June 2012 at 18:57
GOOD LOOKING HD!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 June 2012 at 18:17
Thanks guys, some really nice comments. I got a warm glow there..

Sickle, yeah I agree although to be honest natural form plants fit my space best.

Breizh ganja, that's my strategy bud. The less input from me the less chance it might all go wrong. It still could, believe me.. Hope you're keeping well man.

Date Posted: 30 June 2012 at 19:25
Ok so

9 days ago:

4 hours ago:

...................................... Jack Flash #5 ................................................... White Widow 

For the diary, this is day 89. The JF has been in flower 42 days, the WW 38 days. They slurp 4L each of Oldtimer Organic Bloom @ 5ml/L every 3rd day and get some bat guano once a week (thanks Jugs!)

The WW is quite frankly a pain in the arse, it's branches roam low all round the tent so I looped a bit of string round them all to try and bring them closer to the main stem, and the light. Decent main cola tho
nice and sugary.

The JF has no structural woes like its tent mate. All the branches stay close to the main stem

and ripeness approaches. This is the top of the main cola

and a branch bud

In the tent, last year's strategy of vegging/blooming together worked well with short indicas, bit more crowded this time

The clones (yes, that is an old dvd player they're parked on but at least it's reflective..) are nearly 12 inches tall. They're a bit confused to whether they're vegging or in flower ie all are showing pre-flowers and some strange leaf shapes are appearing. It's all very interesting.

Date Posted: 30 June 2012 at 19:54
So close now HD
What films do you put on for the plants?
Nice compact tidy little setup you have goin on.
Have bumper harvest.When do you think you think they will be getting the chop?
Have a good weekend.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 30 June 2012 at 20:30
Originally posted by kph1966

So close now HD
What films do you put on for the plants?
Nice compact tidy little setup you have goin on.
Have bumper harvest.When do you think you think they will be getting the chop?
Have a good weekend.

No films shown kp, there's no sockets left to plug it in. I reckon that its silvery-ness will be beneficial.

Couple of weeks yet, maybe 3 for the WW. Hope there's room.

Print Page | Close Window