Print Page | Close Window

Sensi SS and Big Budha BC

Printed From: Hemp Flax Forum
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Indoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your indoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10183
Printed Date: 11 December 2019 at 19:11

Topic: Sensi SS and Big Budha BC
Posted By: mellow
Subject: Sensi SS and Big Budha BC
Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 19:36
Hey,

So I thought i'd share my grow with you guys.

I've been growing some different strains so I thought i'd go for something normal(BC), i wanted to run the SS's again just to see if that 1 i had was a fluke.

I have 4 SS and 7 BC all are fems.

I'm handwatering in coco, using canna's nute's.

I'm making a 23ltr feed, they are getting 40mil of anb, 50mil of boost and 5ish mil of rhizotonic to bring the ph up to 6.0 from 5.8.(my tap water is 7)

I changed the light to 12/12 on the 15th of jan.

I have 2 600's one with an adustawing the other with my 1meter parabolic.

The parabolic is by far the better shade, cause it's white it doesn't get hot and it wraps around your plants.

OK, disclaimer time. I treated the plants real bad, i kept them in 10cm pots when they were 12", I also left them with no water for a week, so when i potted them in to 3.5's they were hanging over and the roots were brownish. I nursed them back to life, so we'll see if stressed fem's hermi?

Anyway here are my photos, I have 4 tall plants and 7 bushes, all grown natural.

So my tents a tent of two halfs, the tall girls verses the bushes, let battle comence.

Here are the plants under the adustawing, I moved all the ones that streched under it. pluss one of the SS that didn't directly below about 50cm's away.

The one in the middle is a SS the ones either side are BC the one at the back is BC and the one low down is SS.

The BC on the right is an albino? she has half white leafs on parts of here.

OH, I took all the pics with the flash on so the plants look yellow where the flash hits, there's a couple of pics at the bottom so you can see the colour.

The plants are 140cm in there pots.

I have the smaller plants under the parabolic.

The box fan, I ran outta gaffa tape, so it's not completely wrapped.

Replies:
Posted By: AkitaLover
Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 19:44
Ive done that myself mate leaving them in small pots for way too long, i take it BC is blue cheese? I much prefer working with small bushy ones than lanky plants haha.

To say theyve had a lot of stress they still look good mate

-------------
i like to get high but it aint a bad habit...

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 19:49
Well they don't look the best, but I was getting pestered for photo's so........ But even though they look strectched, they've only been in flower for 2 weeks, so i'm hoping they'll put on some weight, we'll see. I recon i'll pull more off them than the smaller ones.

Yes, sorry it's blue cheese( cause i don't think i've ever had it) and superskunk.

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 19:51
If you look at the photo's that coco is way to dry.

I've been giving them 2ltrs every 2 days, looks like i'm gonna have to give them 2 ltrs per day now.

Posted By: AkitaLover
Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 20:08
Im a Coco lover myself mate, i generally have to feed mine every other day, sometimes everyday depending on how big the plant is, but is always good to spend some relaxin time with the ladies.

I recently did some Blue Cheese from seed, ive got to say i wasnt overly impressed, it seemed to take ages to veg them to the right size, and even the smoke wasnt clever!! I ended up swapping my cuttings of the BC for somethin else, but i hope for your sake yours are much better!!!

-------------
i like to get high but it aint a bad habit...

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 20:29
to be honest I'm not been totally impressed with them myself, but it's probably my fault, so i decided to keep em going. long way to go yet.

Posted By: coverking
Date Posted: 02 February 2012 at 00:34
early days mellow, im sure they will beef up under 2 600s and your set up is nice in coco good nutes wont be long blue cheese is real tastey berry bite with a cheese aftertaste and a high kind of like straight cheese only kind of a lighter heady buzz with berrys lol

-------------
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!

Posted By: Melvan
Date Posted: 02 February 2012 at 01:52
I don't think those look too bad at all. Your TLC has worked for sure.

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 02 February 2012 at 06:43
They don't look bad at all Chris, any chance of more pics of the plant with the variegated leaves?

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 02 February 2012 at 13:44
well first off, I like to thank you guy's for your kind words, but for me personaly, they seem the worst plants that I've grown so far, lol.

The tall ones are too thin and the other aren't tall enough, but we'll see what they yield and smoke like.

I'll try and get some more photo's of her today, She is the biggest plant as well? I've been carefully not to get her yellow bit exposed, I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but i';m treating her like an Englishman in the sun.

Date Posted: 03 February 2012 at 13:06
Originally posted by mellowchris

well first off, I like to thank you guy's for your kind words, but for me personaly, they seem the worst plants that I've grown so far, lol.

The tall ones are too thin and the other aren't tall enough, but we'll see what they yield and smoke like.

I'll try and get some more photo's of her today, She is the biggest plant as well? I've been carefully not to get her yellow bit exposed, I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but i';m treating her like an Englishman in the sun.

Englishman in the sum lmao

-------------

Date Posted: 03 February 2012 at 23:42
Hey,

I know these ain't the best image, but as i went to take them the lights cake on.

Some leaves are blotchy

Some are completely yellow, and some are half and half as you can see in the back ground.

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 04 February 2012 at 06:41
You don't need to worry about the variegated leaves in the light... she wont burn, the pale parts of the leaves just don't have an chlorophyll... so they can't photosynthesize light. 

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Posted By: martiniGR
Date Posted: 07 February 2012 at 08:56
Hi Chris!
A year ago i had lots of discusions here on the forum, i made a few conclusions then,
1 most problems start with overdoing things.
2 there are 2 ways the "technical' one and the 'feeling'one.
3 A Einstein said Phantasy ist besser als wissen (phantasy>knowledge)
With equipment you can 'prevent'problems but in practice you create new difficult ones.
If i look at my plants, on cheap cocossoil, even re-used,i have never these way out of balance plants.I start in my soil with 2 weeks water only..its so easy.
So i am a grower who grows with simple techniques, maybe you should reduce the work you do and give 50% of what you give now. Less is better.
Cheers mate!

-------------
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL

Date Posted: 07 February 2012 at 23:04
hey Martini,

Thanks for getting involved.

I know people can over do it, trying top get every thing perfect, but to be honest I'm too lazy for that( that's why i let them grow au natural). I go in once every 2 days water them, turn them and leave them, 15 min job.

My biggest problem I feel was leaving them in 10cm pots till they were four weeks old and then not watering them for 1 week. Stupid, but I had other things to deal with. As a result 3 of the plants have streched and the others are not as big as I'd like.

Gave them a little feed today and there's one or two in there that look like they're doing well, so I'm happyish for now..........

The other thing is, I honestly don't think i've tried blue cheese? I've defo had blueberry, quite a few times. But the dealers say it's 'blues' so I've know idea.

Anyway, one of the plants gave off a really fruity smell, really nice. The others still smell the same as the skunks at this point.

Date Posted: 12 February 2012 at 11:20
hows it goin chris mate! they beefing up yet, ive found with BB cheese crosses they eventualy bump out real quick etc freezecheese 89 cheesy dick bubble cheese i havent grown blue cheese but ive smoked loads of it. the cheese flavour is there, and so is the fruity berry so it isent a bad smoke at all in fact good. im interested in your SS mate hows that doing the last one grew tall is it a lanky strain ive topped mine hoping too again,,CK

-------------

Date Posted: 12 February 2012 at 13:40
Hey Cover,

Ok, The last(big) SS I grew was a freak. I sent some to jonnyshope as he grew out 10 and he said total different taste to his? It had a blueberry twist.

So I got 4 ss on the go now, basically one has stretched She is about 6foot in her pot or 5 foot something, thing is her stem isn't very thick so we'll see what she gives, about three i rercon. the other 3 are 3 times shorter and quite beefy. Even though they look like they are quite beefy, I just hop I can pull 3 off each of them, but to be honest I'm thinking more like 2 as they are only2 foot plants.

I'm not feeling the smell of the bluecheese's, I hyad some smoke about 2 years ago, that must have been blueberry? All i know is it was a really danky blueberry smoke, that's what I was hoping for. My best 3 are BC's for looks and yield so far.

I'll wack up a couple of photo's, later.

I have deiced on my nest grow to top and trim, I think it's about time, lol.
The reason I didn't was cause on my first grow, people were saying you'll be lucky to get 2oz from each plant and I smashed that, so it's held me back.

If anyone's still reading, I've got a big problem, as you may know I've had mold issue's.

I completely re sorted my grow out and this time I have made sure that the humidity is never over 50 is the dark period.

I gavce them a feed last night and one of the tall BBBC's the frecking albino one, had a brown leaf on the main cola, it looked like the start of rot to me, so i cut it out.

Am I right in thinking that this is a airflow(ossilating fan) problem? cause the plants are so big the tops not really getting a brezze, I have a 16" fan blowing on them from about 12" away, but the tops don't move really.

Should I move the fan up and not worry about the middle of the plants were all the bud is?

Ok the other thing is from the other side of the tent.

My bloody tower fan, that was beasty started to go really loud after 2months or so, so I fired it off and put in a little 9'' fan, cause they are all under the parabolic, the air gets blown around nice.

Anyway, one of the two plants that are closest the hairs on the buds are burning? not the top bud but lower ones?

I also noticed a couple of springtales in her run off?

Anyone got any advice?

How long was that , lol. That's what you call the first joint of the day text.

Date Posted: 12 February 2012 at 15:12
lol i think keeping things low within your fan range would help in future mellow, cant you bend her/them down so you could even things up. you must have your parabolic pretty high for the ss to get a look in how far is canopy penetration, i havent got a scooby? but in theory if you brought down your tallest by bending and tie'ing you could reach everythig air flow wise, set it all up nicley and probebly get even more bud than you said you would settle for in the process. even coverage is what ive learned over my grows if somthing takes off into the horizon you either accomadate or compensate lol or just shout Ganja realy loudly

-------------

Date Posted: 12 February 2012 at 15:38
Hey cover,

Yes I was thinking of bending her down.

I have got the tall plants under an adust a wing, i doubt they'd fit under the para.

The smaller plants I have raised up to the light.

The way I have my room set up is that the 2 tallest plants lower fan leaves get light from the parabolic.

Here's one i made earlier, tony heart I'm coming for ya!!!!

Date Posted: 12 February 2012 at 16:37
So, it's been 4 weeks today since I switched to 12/12 so 28days.

I'll start with the lancky plants under the adustawing.

They are all between 135-140cm from the tops of the pots.

I also have a Small SS under that light too, raised up.

The Fan in the back ground is a 16"" one so it gives you an idea of their size.

The plant in the center is the one with the yellow.

Anyone grew these before? Cause I just fely the yellow leaves and they felt wet, not firm like her and the others green ones. The humiditys at 40. Has anyone grew these before she seems like shes going to get mold and I'm thinking of pulling her. Or at least cutting off all the yellow parts?

Her main cola, tall SS in the back ground

This blue cheese I'm liking, she's starting to frost up nice, although it's hard to tell on this photo.

The other tall BC, SS back ground.

You can see her frosting more in this one though

The little SS I got under the adust a wing.

Ok so on to the plants under the parabolic. There's 2 SS the others are BC, see if you can spot them. These plants are between 80 -95 cms. 80 being the little one directly under the lamp, the ones around the outside are roughly the same height.

This cold weather has let me get my lamp quite close.

The SS nicking some rays

Posted By: sicklehand
Date Posted: 12 February 2012 at 17:01
looking great mellow, i love it when the buds spiral up the stem like on the blue cheese it reminds me of a firework for some reason. cant wait for the pre-harvest pics

Date Posted: 12 February 2012 at 17:04
Cheers mate, I think as long as i can get a mold free harvest I'll be happy, lol.

Date Posted: 12 February 2012 at 17:11
I think your monster plant might just need some N. You're about 30 days in right? Those first couple of weeks on 12/12 she was sucking up all the N she could get.

Date Posted: 12 February 2012 at 17:25
Hey Melvan,

Yep 28 day from light switch.

Why do you think they need more N? The yellow plant is an albino or something, you mean that one?

Date Posted: 17 February 2012 at 16:41
So I'm a bit gutted.

I have been plagued by mold in the past, so I completely revamped my grow, put on large extraction fans etc. I have kept my humidity lower than recommended around 30-40, put the heating on at lights off ect to keep the humidity down, temps up etc?

The plant that is an albino has started to get some mold, the leafs that are yellow are some how more susceptible. I cut off the tip of her main cola, and a couple of leaves(gutted).

See I have never seen it this early before, I thought that the mold, started at the leaf stem and works out, but these were brown in the middle off the leaf working outwards.

So I was looking for some opinions please. Should I keep her in there and keep an eye on her? Pull her early? Go and chop every yellow leaf off her and an suspect leaf?

If I leave her in there, even keeping an eye on her, she'll probably infect the others, then it's a race to get em finished, the longer it takes the more you lose. I'm also out off bud in the next 2 weeks, so pulling her early might not be a bad idea.........................Help please

Posted By: billy bong
Date Posted: 17 February 2012 at 16:58
how longs left chris.. id leave it in there and cut the mold off it then try get it as early as you can off the others.. no mold for me this time tip wood :)..

that reflector wing looks the shit :).. i see your fan is just sitting on the ground blowing into the bottom of the plants, how well does that work? dont think its to good to have such a big fan so close blowing directly onto them ? what temps are under the wing.

Date Posted: 17 February 2012 at 17:05
Hey billy,

The fan has been raised by 2 foot and put on setting number 2. It's a 16" fan, the 9" one burns buds, but this one displaces more air, but less direct.

Temps under the adust a wing have been from 20C-25C at max temp(lights on). 20 was the cold snap, last night it was 24C.

This is what i think, beacuase they ended up 6foot, the fan was blowing on there belly and neglecting there head, letting it get stagnant, producing mold.

Posted By: billy bong
Date Posted: 17 February 2012 at 17:19
yes thats what i was thinking, not much air getting to move around the buds.. hopefully its not to bad.. nearly killed me last time getting mold..

would you reccomend the reflector looks good

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 21:28
Hey,

Right so i thought i'd give you an update on how the lady's are coming along.

So I have 2x SS and 3xBC under the adustawing and 2xSS and 4xBC under the parabolic. Well half of the Big SS under is under the parabolic as well and one of the BC's.

IMO, the parabolic is a much better shade than anything else i've used. I wish i had the space to use one for veg cause they'd be great.

Jorge cervanats recons the para's are best for veg and the adust are best for flower, I disagree, lol. I'll weigh up at the end and see whats what.

Ok so the plant that has the yellow leaf or whatever, well i cliped her top bud off cause i was paranoid about mold, anyway no sign of mold as yet and i probably wasted what would have been a 1/4, but hey ho.

The SS and 2 of the BC's are 5'10"ish in there pots, they've streched, but i still recon they'll give more than the fat 1 meter plants, anyway enough rammbling(bubble hash), here's some photo's.

2x bC under the adustawing, the one on the left is about done, couple of weeks at best. The one on the right's stem is ultra thin, but she looks like shes gonna yeild, I've had to tie her to a cane.

Here's the top half of the SS that streched, she's so tall in a 2meter tent, she gets side on light, lol. Even so, she's starting to put on some weight and she'll be fine. All her lower branches are under the parabolic, she takes up one plants space.

So this is the other SS under the adustawing, she's 76CM so my shortest plat, think she's wider than tall, lol. I've got her raised up about 80cms?

Ok, so on to the plants under the para, the smallest is 80ish, the tallest is 115cm's.

Here's the first SS under the para

The the bigger one, just.

So there they are, they arn't the best things i've done, but they'll do......

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 21:34
excellent stuff mellow im liking the look of those especialy the SS

-------------

Posted By: munzy
Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 21:36
thats a nice grow%3clap

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 21:37
Cheers bud,

Well i ran outta boost last week, so no boost an no pk I changed the light on the 15th Jan so they are 45 days from light switch.

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 21:38
close very close wish mine were so near

-------------

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 21:43
Hey Bud, that last SS i ran was finished in 45 days from switch, so just see. Are you keeping any cuts, incase you get some thing decent?

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 21:46
cheers munzy.

They had a terrible start to life, but it just shows how hardy they can be.

Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 22:25
Originally posted by mellowchris

Hey Bud, that last SS i ran was finished in 45 days from switch, so just see. Are you keeping any cuts, incase you get some thing decent?

yes mate probebly one of each

-------------

Posted By: alsc
Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 12:58
really nice grow here mellow!

SS are indeed sweet...

how close approx. are you keeping the lights to the canopy?

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 13:17
The Parabolic is about 12" away. The adustawing is different for the plants, it's hitting the lanky skunk side on about 12" away? probably about 18 from the other skunk.

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 17:09
Those buds look beautiful. Great job on them.

You said the brown spots you were seeing that you think are mold were on the leaf then spread to the bud? What you might be dealing with is rust, which is actually a fungus not a mold, and quite a common ailment.

If that's what you got, a fungicide is what you need, and you'll want to treat the space after you harvest to keep the spores from getting on your new girls.

Here's a link to info on rust, does this look like what you have?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(fungus)

Date Posted: 01 March 2012 at 17:57
Hey melvan,

I'll have a proper look tonight when i look at the plants, it could well be that. It does look like rust, i think.

My last 3 grows, i have had mold, lost quite a bit from each plants main cola. I sorted my set up, but i'm still para about getting it again, so far so good.

The 'rust' is only on the plants under the parabolic, now that shade has little metal screws that i put in the wrong way, so i think light shines off and burns my leaves?

So on advice i've culled the 5 cheese babies, orrrr.

So far the tahoe's look like beasts, real stocky.

I let them dry out a little, so 2 have keeled over, but they'll be ok.

Date Posted: 02 March 2012 at 04:20
I think you made the right choice on the culling.

Posted By: alecky
Date Posted: 02 March 2012 at 05:17
Great job mellow,well done man!%3chumbs%20Up

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 02 March 2012 at 11:51
Cheers guys,

Yearh well i figure why let em take away light from my other girls, if they ain't gonna be top notch.

So i had an absolute nightmare last night.

My eleci went off for an hour and half in the middle of the 12/12 light on faze.

I had spilt nutes/water over the ballest and the conector leads, so it was shorting and tripping my eleci again, when i tried to replugg it in.

So last night they had a dark period in the middle of the light and also i ended up just running the parabolic, so half the plants were in light the others not at all

I'm hoping that this won't effect em to much, but we'll see.

Posted By: alecky
Date Posted: 02 March 2012 at 12:25
Basil Fawlty strikes again!

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 02 March 2012 at 12:33
lol @ Alecky cracking comedy that is i still watch it

-------------

Date Posted: 02 March 2012 at 13:11
LMAO, @Alecky, will there be one grow that runs smooth for me?

I 've got my old ballest so i'm gonna hook that up tonight (well see if the others dried out first).

Date Posted: 02 March 2012 at 16:06
sorry to hear that mellow, hope everything's fine now...
pay attention with water and ballast, it can be very dangerous!

Date Posted: 07 March 2012 at 18:07
Hey,

I just wanted some advice on my little ones, they ain't looking the best.

I started them under the 250cfl, I started them in rockwool, then 2 days ago i potted them into 10cm pots, then yesterday i had a change of heart and bought some party cups and re-potted them into the smaller cups. i'm thinking less nutes, but more plants per light, in the 10cms they were to far away from the light.

A few of the plants had bright yellow baby leaves, and even now some of them look like they need some N?

Anyway, i left them for a day with no fans on, I wasn't expecting the cfl to get so hot, I came back to find them at 36C? and 30%humid. The cfl runs at 20C with no extraction, just an ossilating fan. Short story the plants got brittle and are really dry.

with the last feed i gave them some low strenth nutes, but i think they need more?

I gues what i'm worrying about is that half the plants are good and the other half are in a bad way, half are male and half are female..............

Edit = It's kind of hard to tell on the photos, even the big one in the middle(livers), has a yellow tinge to the leaf.

Date Posted: 07 March 2012 at 18:18
hey mellow, can i see some algi in the coco on a few of them? this could be your problem, but i know f all about coco growing is it normal?
they could also be in shock from transplanting

Date Posted: 07 March 2012 at 19:46
lol, I was like algee? I had a look at the photo and thought rrrrrrrr whats that green stuff?(it's the rock wool, lol).

I was gonna update with some photos of my girls, but by the time i got to them i ran out of time before the lights came on.

I have been giving one plant plain water to run off for the last 5 days, gonna keep her for another 5 or so. I was supprissed to see the others(under the para, not in photos) looking like they'll be done in a couple of week as well.

The plant i'm flushing needs another 2 weeks i recon, but hey ho.

This is the one i'm flushing, I switch the light on the 15th jan so around the 50 day mark.

Here the plant with the yellowness, sh'e got yellow bud, lol. pitty it's not as appealing as purple.

So i go to give them there feed and one of the big blue cheese's is chilling on my parabolic. I've already stuck a cane in her pot, but shes just to damned tall, I've now tied her to the roof.

Date Posted: 07 March 2012 at 21:09
sweet sticky spiraling Jesus mellow themz some huneyz, that yellowing is mad i thought my screen was f$ckd, must be some sort of pigment disorder one half of the a leaf if green and healthy the other yellow, madness i better slow down on the stinkpig and wine lol

Date Posted: 08 March 2012 at 00:24
Yearh she's had it since birth, I paniced a few weeks ago and chopped off about an 1/8 of the top of her main cola, cause i thought she was rotting, she's fattened up with no sign of mold, wish i would have left her alone.

Yearh that one thats keeled over is a nice plant, she's tall as feck though, looks like an out door plant, lol.

Date Posted: 08 March 2012 at 00:33
I think on your little seedlings, 2 transplants in 3 days is enough shock. Maybe more shock than the little things could handle. I wouldn't feed them, that's for sure, unless you have something like Florablend lying around.

Date Posted: 08 March 2012 at 00:49
woops,

I convinced myself that they need some food so i've just givern them a feed. I'll have to see how they look tomorrow. 

I think your right about the transplants, I also burnt the tops, so i'm hitting them from all sides.

Date Posted: 08 March 2012 at 03:11
I'm sure they'll be fine. I got to say, other than florablend from General Hydroponics, which is a vegan feed at .5-1-1, I give no real feed until the end of week 3 on new sprouts usually, and when I sow the seeds the pro-mix is wet with 1tsp FB/gal and that's it. Don't really want to push N too early, cause that pushes them to grow foliage instead of root mesh. low N, higher P & K is what they're using right now.

Date Posted: 08 March 2012 at 11:46
Cheers Mel,

Of coarse you're right, I just went on a mad one yesterday.

I checked up on them this morning and they defo looked worst, so i'm gonna wash em through with some ph'd water with rhizo.

Posted By: Auto-Question-Bot
Date Posted: 18 March 2012 at 00:02
im doing both them strains at min, both very good performers, realible weed, smells and smokes great
hows mellow?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 March 2012 at 11:27
cool bud, long time'y no see'y, how ya doing bud.

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 15:29
Just thought id wack up some shots of the girls before they come down, I'm cropping most em today.

The girls have had a 7 day plain water to run off(some had 2 day), I've always called this a flush, cause every other time i'm giving them water, but it looks like this ain't a flush, either or, that's what they've had. I was gonna go 10 days, but i don't think they'll make it, lol.

First up BLUE CHEESE, she's over 1 meter in height, i got her on an upside down 11ltr bucket so shes closer to the light.

BLUE CHEESE, here the albino, them yellow buds look wrong, probably taste like junk, but we'll see.....oh she's well tall, that's the official height

The Big? BLUE CHEESE, she's a beast alright. This plant is different to all the other BLUECHEESE's, the others as you can see are dense, heavy indicas, where this one is? well she's just got a total different bud structure. She's also my least done by a long way, but.......timber.

P.S. Thats the Big SUPERSKUNK in the back ground, her pop corn buds are as big as the small SS's main cola, lol.

Ok, the worry some one BLUECHEESE. First off shes probably on of my best, but she's got the start of mold. For anyone that never had it, if you look above the 5 blader in the cola. It's hard to see, but if you follow the cola up from the 5 blader, you'll see a little gren leaf poping out. not the one with the yellow to it's right. Ok, so look left and you should nsee a small brown leaf, thats mold....

I took apart the bud and the stems fine, no mold yet, it's my own fault, i've not had the central heating on at lights out, so maybe the temps plunged?

Although not the best of shots, this one's a pretty big plant, BLUECHEESE.

The popcorn buds from one of the BLUECHEESE, this one just had shed loads of foliage, and always drank a lot, on the image you can see the top of the pots, so thems the very first branches to come out, fat little feckers :)

SUPERSKUNK

Little SUPERSKUNK, she's wider than she is tall, lol.

Group shot, look left, the big SUPERSKUNK's lowest(popcorn) bud, it's further away from the camera than the SS in the middle but just look at the size of the nugs.

Group shot, if you look to the left, you can see the bottom of the main cola form image number 3 above.

So the Big SS and BC have had lights from side on and i think they both need a couple more weeks, but they are coming down.

Also the photo's all take with the flash on so they look whiter than they are.

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 15:36
The bud on the albino Blue Cheese doesn't look wrong, it looks like a solid Cheese leaner with that crazy foxtailing. I wouldn't be surprised if she smokes like a solid skunk.

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 15:48
porn at its best mellow, top work, now if you'd like to mail 1/3 of the crop to

356 im joking
dryville
empty rd
io65 gto
uk

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 15:56
well TBH sickle said something about foxtailing, but i hadn't heard that phrase before? It just the others are solid dense buds, where she's got really small calyxes. It's strange only 1 of 10 turned out like this, so i'm hopping she's nice. (we are talking about image number 3 right?, lol)

I've only cropped one and at the mo, there's not really a blueberry taste, it's there a little, but defo not what i expected?

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 15:58
speak of the devil, lol.

Well some of them are on there last legs, i should have taken some photos at the start of flush, but feck it.

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 16:02
and he shall appearlol, all look top notch mate, still cant get my head round the albino madness!! yellow bud a new one one me

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 16:04
I know, and there's quite a bit of it as well. I'm just not feeling it at all, shall i wack it in a bud of the month comp for a joke, lol.

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 16:09
Aaarrrrhhhh right Melvan.

I wasn't sure which you meant, the albino, so thats foxtailing when the cola gets like Klingon nuggets coming outta the top?

Still it's the other one, i'm interested in. The big un, different bud structure, although the photos, it looks similar, it isn't

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 16:11
i think you should, just for the oddity, should be an interesting smoke as theres no chlorophyll

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 16:30
great plant mellow!
i can predict a nice smoke there... :-)

Posted By: 1966
Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 18:54
I predict someone is going to be rather lethargic for quite a while.
I don't think i need to tell you to enjoy as i know you will.

Have a good evening.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 19:47
Cheers bud, will do. Just chopped up the 4, freaking stinking. I was real surprised by one of them, she's the one with all the foliage, she was a dark horse, absolutely huge under all them leaves.

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 21:51
nice job mellow, do you run your extraction during lights out?

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 20 March 2012 at 23:40
Cheers munzy,

Yes mate, the extractions on 24/7, I also vent all the air out of the grow area(well i did, my home made silent fan came unstuck, so half goes outta tyhe room the other fan stays in),.I've checked all the plants and there's no rot/mold, that one plant has the start of it though.

This grow my humidity's been in the 30's, except these last couple of week, where the temp droped at lights out.

Every other grow i've done i've had mold, so it really does go to show that keeping the humidity down works wonders.

Date Posted: 21 March 2012 at 09:50
? them curled leaves tell me your still suffering heat and humidity

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 21 March 2012 at 13:14
mmmmmmm,

well i've got 2x hydrometers both have different readings, i.e. one says it's 4C hot than the other and the humidity's out on them both?

Now the ones under the parabolic are the ones with the curled leafs(maybe for the last 4 weeks), the ones under the parabolic don't have any.

The ones under the para, where packed in like sardines, under the para was 6 plants and the 2 bottom half's of the big SS and BC, so 7 plants rather than 5 for the adust a wing.

My tower fan for parabolic side, broke a few week into the grow, so they've had a 9" fan for all the plants, where under the adust a wing they had a 16" fan

The plant that had the signs of mold was right at the back of the tent, so had the least amount of air blowing over her.

When you say still suffering heat and humidity, i take it you mean low humidity?

If so, i'm hoping thats a small price to pay for no/minimal rot, lol. I intentional keept it very low this grow, to see the difference.

Well i just hyad a look over the photos, and the tops look burnt/frazzelled, so maybe or defo to close to the light, I think for the majority of this grow it was less than 12" away, up untill the other week, where i moved it 18" or so.

Date Posted: 21 March 2012 at 13:59
Oh just for fun, i know you guys love seeing my "drying room" selotapoe and all :)

I don't think i posted it, but the BC i brought down early gave me around 70g, i wieghed up 68g, but i was nibbling at it whilst it was drying cause i was outta bud. so just over 2oz, I hope the rest ain't gonna average that:(

Here's one plant, she was just over 1 meter tall, really bushy and i was really surprised to see how much bud she had under the hood.

Date Posted: 21 March 2012 at 14:58
Ok, so i found 2 carpet beetles with my babies.

I took the photo to find out what they were, but i think there them?

Oh yeah and i keep forgeting my cam has this macro mode, lol. Things just look beter in macro

Date Posted: 21 March 2012 at 18:18
packed in like sardines and a broken fan ? that answers the question then. macro shot is nice the leaves look almost velvet like.

-------------
ANDWHAT

Date Posted: 22 March 2012 at 03:20
the macros feature is the best for checking the trichs. You don't need a scope, you can just snap a pic and take a look. Wish my camera had that feature.

Date Posted: 25 March 2012 at 21:25
here some pics of the remaining girls, they've had a 5 day plain water to run off, so i'm gonna see what the difference in taste is, if any.

I couldn't do the macro shot thing, cause i had no where to put stand the camera on, i'll take a couple to morrow when i chop em. Oh the cam i have is only a cheap on melvan.

The pic's ain't the best, i got a short SS that looks amazing and old yellow belly's starting to llok good. but they're naff photos, i'll take some proper shots tomorrow.

Old yella

SS left BC right

SS main cola, she's ended up just under 2 meters in her pot. She also is the least done, but she's been in there long enough.

BC

SS this plant is really nice, but i couldn't get a proper shot, my hand are to shaky.

BC

Date Posted: 25 March 2012 at 22:19
nice mellow very nice i love the 2 metre super skunk, some nice bud formation fair play im drooling

-------------

Posted By: Hash Driveway
Date Posted: 28 March 2012 at 00:06
Awesome man!

Careful with the albino stuff, you dont want to be having a whitey.

Date Posted: 28 March 2012 at 01:17
feck me,

That's 2 blast's from the past .

You well mate, how did your grow turn out?

Right so i've come to a few conclusions.

first boost works* or at least Canna's), my plants are far less frosty, still potent but.......

I've croped 2 SS, none taste anything like the last one? They are more piney?

My friend said that that's how his were, but i tried some of blackboots and my own(obviously) and they are completely different, from this lot?

I've still got my "best" 2 drying so i'll see whats what with them. Three stayed like bushes and then there's the lanky one, I'm hoping she'll be similar to my old one.

Also the bluecheese is nothing like i expected flavor wise, the phenos that goes round my way is the taste i was looking for, really pungent, blueberry flavour. To me this BC tastes like bubblegum or very simialr to the quleaner x doubble bubble i grew out.

Don't get me wrong i'm happy with what i got, the bud is nice, just not premium. The yeild on the other hand was surprisingly good. the 2 little SS both gave 3oz.

Even though i over dried the weed, frecking heat wave when i'm drying my plants, i couldn't do it in the tent cause the others were finishing.

Date Posted: 28 March 2012 at 10:07
good to read you HD, hope lifes been treating you well.

congrats on a mold free harvest mellow, now sit back an smoke one and plan the next run, dont forget to tell us how the albino smokes.

Date Posted: 28 March 2012 at 12:48
Originally posted by sicklehand

congrats on a mold free harvest mellow, now sit back an smoke one and plan the next run, dont forget to tell us how the albino smokes.

Not strictly true that statement, lol, one plant seems to have developed mold. I've checked aroung the plant and nit's just the main stem and to be fare probably not to much of it, they have been hung(what i've found with mold, being an old expert, is once they are drying it goes away, fingers crossed)

TBH, the ones that are left are the best of the buch, not only in size, but looks too.

The albino.......you are weclome to the yellow bud sickle, lol.

Well the next run should have been well and truley up and going, but hey ho.

On a good note, I just got some KKSC( imo, the best smoke i've ever had), I also got some Sour alien, kushnista and white bubba.

Gonna have a quick google of em, cause i never heard of them, also gonna sort out the seedlings, make a desion on keepers and cullers :)

Date Posted: 29 March 2012 at 20:35
Originally posted by mellow

feck me,

That's 2 blast's from the past .

You well mate, how did your grow turn out?

Blast from the past? it's only been a few months.. I'm fine mate thanks and I trust you're the same. The grow turned out fine ie I've little danger of a dry supply for months and months.

Spring cleaned the grow-attic today and put some seeds between saucers. And so it begins. Again. Cant wait!

Date Posted: 29 March 2012 at 20:48
Originally posted by sicklehand

good to read you HD, hope lifes been treating you well.

Hey sickle, good to read you too. May a vintage year be upon us, indoors and out (not that I have an outdoors but i do enjoy yours.)

Date Posted: 05 April 2012 at 17:20
interesting comment about the superskunk mellow,
i hope the smoke is still strong although different,
i dont know yet what mine will turn out like.
will just have to wait lol,
sounds like you have loads of bud though

-------------

Date Posted: 10 April 2012 at 20:40
Hey guy's,

I wanted to try em all before I said whats what.

So the SS's the 2 little un 3oz each, the short wide one 4.5oz and the really tall one 4oz.

The SS's range in taste from piney sweet sour, to hashy, spicey sweet not sour.

They all except the tall one were leaning more towards the piney/sour taste.

The BC, the first few i croped tasted creamy, marshmellowy which i presume are cheese leaners? then there's 4 that all taste different berry flavours.

The really tall one is really blueberry and has really small calyxes compared to the others.

On the whole I've been happy with both types, they both yielded well, taste great and are strong.

to get that same tasting plant as i had before would i be better to keep cracking SS's or go to the afghans?

Date Posted: 10 April 2012 at 21:42
Originally posted by mellow

The BC, the first few i cropped tasted creamy, marshmellowy 

Marshmellowy? Great typo if it is one, haha

Tastes like success then, well done mate.

Date Posted: 10 April 2012 at 22:30
Hello Mellow and i guess you're gonna be.
Just as a matter of interest seen as how i am attempting to grow supers can you remember the finished heights i know one was about two metres but what about the others?
Chuffed for you and i don't need to wish you a good evening because it sounds like your going to have one,     But i will anyway.
Have a good evening.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 11 April 2012 at 12:38
Hey KPH,

the other 3 SS's were aprox 76cm-80?90?, I know 2 ended up under 80cm's but i can not remember what the other was? But i'm sure she was under 1 meter.

Date Posted: 11 April 2012 at 13:15
sounds like you got a good crop mellow fairplay,

-------------

Date Posted: 11 April 2012 at 14:05
Erm, not to bad bad but not brilliant. I was hopping for 3 each and i did slightly more than that so at least i'll have some smoke left for when my next lot are done

Date Posted: 11 April 2012 at 18:31
hey mellow congratulations man! how much the BC's yelded?
looks like you gonna have some nice smoke for a long while!
 %3clap

Date Posted: 11 April 2012 at 18:41
BC's also did well.

I pulled one a couple of weeks to early, she did just over 2oz, the rest were 3-4 each.

Date Posted: 12 April 2012 at 14:34
So I thought i'd try and wack up some bud porn, but I've got shaky hands, the macroing didn't go that well, so here's the best of the bunch.

Both plants are in a 7ltr tupperware box, don't look like there's twice as much bud in the SS one, does it?

First up the BC that was an albino, she is a real berry leaner, but more fruity than the other berry one.

These shots are from the really tall SS

Look how much shrinkage there was to her main stem.(TBH, it looks smaller than it is. It's 19cm's long by 7/8cm's wide).

EDIT = maybe I should have cleaned the cooker, that's tomato juice from my breaky, honest..........:)

Posted By: High Rolla
Date Posted: 12 April 2012 at 14:39
nice one mate .. we all gonna be higher than a mo' fo' for shure%3clunt

Date Posted: 12 April 2012 at 20:38
Luvly Jubbly. Happy DAZE.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 13 April 2012 at 09:53
get the kettle on mellow, ill be round to help you smoke that asap lol

Date Posted: 14 April 2012 at 18:36
Usual mishap and mayhem then mate but you always end up with a big heap of bud. Superb.

ps lovin your MS Paint work btw

Print Page | Close Window