Forum Discription: Questions and answers about indoor cultivation
URL: http://forum.hempflax.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10039
Printed Date: 05 December 2019 at 19:31

Topic: SHIVA SKUNK girls need help pls
Posted By: cs70
Subject: SHIVA SKUNK girls need help pls
Date Posted: 05 January 2012 at 20:32
hi fellow gardeners so here is the situation
i have 4 fem shiva skunk girls from sensi ,(the last seeds they are 1 year old and were stored in fridge), under 250watt hps lamp ,they are 38 days old in vegging,i am using biobizz light mix soil,biobizz nutes ,biogrow algamic and diamond nectar from GHE,EC1.4 PH 6.7 , i used bioheaven before but this time couldnt get it on time so i bought diamond nectar instead  the temp is around 25°C ,humidity is 50%

the girls have many branches and  really bushy and keep growing

so i grow this strain before without problems and this time i have problem
this time i had a layer of hydroton on the bottom of the pots but i forgot to presoack the hydroton in ph water so they start to have ph issues but i transplanted the girls in bigger pots and no hydroton and ph problem solved but the yellow tips stay and continue

all the girls are light yellow green not so strong green like usual

the tips on the new growth and old  are yellow and curling down a bit ,and few bottom leaves are uniform yellow and fall of easy ,not many but few

so normally when the tip are yelow means overferting and yelow leaves means they need more food  ,but both signs at the same time ??? no idea what to do
i water feed the girls every second day when pots feel dry
i think i gave all info necessary

please some advice 
best regards

Replies:
Date Posted: 06 January 2012 at 07:09
anyone?

Posted By: Helpme
Date Posted: 06 January 2012 at 08:45

There can be multiple problems at the same time.

Anyway the problem that you are having, isnt critical atm.

Simply fix your PH and get a grip of feeding(some other shoud say something, i'm not the right person).

Ur plants looks nice.

Date Posted: 06 January 2012 at 08:52
Originally posted by Helpme

There can be multiple problems at the same time.

Anyway the problem that you are having, isnt critical atm.

Simply fix your PH and get a grip of feeding(some other shoud say something, i'm not the right person).

Ur plants looks nice.

hey thx man
yeah the ph problem is solved already ,the pic is to show how the old leaf is affected ,
they get better but Yellow bottom laves and tips yellow at the same time worrys me a bit ,
tips yellow means  overnute and yelow bottom leaves means girls need more nutes ,crazy situation
anyway thx best regard

Posted By: Helpme
Date Posted: 06 January 2012 at 09:00
Oh.. i'm icy.. sry..

Well those really look like something minor, that wont escalade into anything if you do what you know the best.

Im not the best to tell but overnute really comes more as such as curling leaves/deep dark leaves. So im not sure if in this scenario were watching overnuting..

But yea, onced again i'm not the best to tell..

Date Posted: 07 January 2012 at 16:51
anyone else have idea??

Date Posted: 09 January 2012 at 13:14
maybe sensi stuff members can help???
no?

Posted By: assinomen
Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 08:25
if the bottom leaves are yellowing and falling off in veg cycle the plant is scrounging nitrogen from the bottom and less important leaves.to move to the top. fertiliser ;burn; usualy may yellow and then necrotise ie die so the leaf tips go brownand dry seems like they need more nitrogen you can put driedblood which is slow release but as i dont grow in soil for some time add some absorbable nitro you seem well up on the soil feeds gently bring the strength up and watch for results and set the ph as that affects the abillity of the plant to absorb nutrients..when my plants are in flower and low on nitro it fascinates me to watch the plant extracting everything of value from a leaf then jettisoning it.

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 08:42
overfertilising is also called reverse-osmosis.osmosis is a stronger soloution attracting a weaker soloution.in normal conditions the roots are the stronger so they attract the soloution from the soil.if however you make a nutrient sol too strong which is what the ec meter shows you the soil becomes the stronger so sucks the water out of the plant thats why its called burn  its literally drying out .a slight nitro deficiancy is better than catasrophic fert burn cos it can kill the plant.using too many nutrients in soil can cause a build up of undissolved salts in the soil causing toxic effects..in hydro the nutrients are composed differently and are much more forgiving.just set the ph as best and genltly build up the nitro.iam sure thats the problem.best of luck.

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 08:55
 i did not look at the photos before i just read.but looking at the tips thats burn so it seems you are worrying about the bottom leaves which will fall off naturally because they have done their job the plants just recycling .your overfeeding.im sorry i did not look at your question earlier but i was ill. i hope your plants are ok they look fine really on the 8.1.12 .i hope they are well today.regards....

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 09:02
keep the ph stable .as it might a be contributing factor its super important.that other stuff u was using which did not dissolve properly .probabaly had something to do with it causing overlapping symptoms but i know nothing about that stuff so cant comment.

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 09:04
too many cooks spoil the broth

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 09:20
i am sorry to go on but i am really trying to think what that is.i just thought as i said before maybee your ph in your feed in the water is okay ..can you take a soil sample and see what the ph in the soil is maybee you could soak some soil in distilled water for an hour and then test the ph and ec of the soil soloution it may be different all the nutrients in the soil could combine and become too strong or make the ph go wild if its bad you can leach the soil with clean lukewarm water this will wash out the soil.i used to do this with my plants. check for white deposits around the pots excessive salts in soil would affect the ph

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 09:25
Originally posted by cs70

hi fellow gardeners so here is the situation
i have 4 fem shiva skunk girls from sensi ,(the last seeds they are 1 year old and were stored in fridge), under 250watt hps lamp ,they are 38 days old in vegging,i am using biobizz light mix soil,biobizz nutes ,biogrow algamic and diamond nectar from GHE,EC1.4 PH 6.7 , i used bioheaven before but this time couldnt get it on time so i bought diamond nectar instead  the temp is around 25°C ,humidity is 50%

the girls have many branches and  really bushy and keep growing

so i grow this strain before without problems and this time i have problem
this time i had a layer of hydroton on the bottom of the pots but i forgot to presoack the hydroton in ph water so they start to have ph issues but i transplanted the girls in bigger pots and no hydroton and ph problem solved but the yellow tips stay and continue

all the girls are light yellow green not so strong green like usual

the tips on the new growth and old  are yellow and curling down a bit ,and few bottom leaves are uniform yellow and fall of easy ,not many but few

so normally when the tip are yelow means overferting and yelow leaves means they need more food  ,but both signs at the same time ??? no idea what to do
i water feed the girls every second day when pots feel dry
i think i gave all info necessary

please some advice 
best regards
i wrote lots of notes read all as they might not be in order

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 13:06
 hey man thx for interest and help
the girls are in 3rd week flowering now and shiva flower so quick in 43 days  they are usualy ready
the problem is underfeed not enough food hahahahahaha now its all ok  the girls are so bushy and so many branches  they needed more food and i was too paranoid like ususal to give more lol
have some soil mites but they are good ones so i leave them alone try to kill them before but they just leave in soil and eat all the dead matter and larvaes of the bad suckers
took some clones  and they all rooted easy in soil after 10 days

so cant wait to smoke my medecin
thx for helping and taking time
best regards  +REP
%3c3chumbs%3c20Up

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 13:23
thats good they did look very good apart from underfeed as you say.anyway its better to be cautious  always hope the flowers go well am sure they will.i have lord shiva in my grow room he is patron saint of marajuana

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 14:19
hahah cool
yeah the flowers getting bigger but the girls are to tall so i had to bend them ,looks like a jungle in my stealth closet hahahahaha
i had to wait for my cloning equipment so i couldnt put the girls in flower ,needed babys from the girls first,but next run gona be 9 plants sog style
yeah after few years of growing still a bit paranoid about the girls u know i dont want them to die lol
cool lord shiva sound great  i like shiva skunk a lot also u can control the girl very well ,not so  much bud but finest medicine hahahahah
what grow setup u have?
best regards

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 14:34
i am growing some northern lights feminised.they are on day 41 so six weeks even though my ceiling is about 2 meters the plants have hit the ceiling.i had to pinch them sort of snapping them you have to squash the stalk and bend it over like an elbow but you have to be real careful if you do it wrong it snaps and the bud dies when it works it forms a big knuckle and i have lots of strings training the plants away from the lights. i need little step ladders to get over them ffuckin flowers every where some nice 12 and18 inch colas .anyway that reminds me i better go have a look speak later

Posted By: mellow
Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 16:16
assinomen,

a friend of mine showed me another way to keep height down.

he calls it pinching too, but he just pinches or squeezes the stem a little, with thumb and finger. it slows the plant right down, be care full though cause I over did it and ended up with some 2 foot midgets, lol.

What are the northern lights white labels?

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 11:52
yes they are .i mean i looked at the white label and the blurb explained they re-engineer'd it so its slightly different from the original lights i would have prefered to get some standard bank originals and clone them picking the best, you always seem to get a few runts of the litter i have a couple like that now they really bug me, their like cabbage's .i think the trick with pinching is like the plants like thousands of tubes(not that you dont know) on the stem and you dont want to fracture the veins ive done that before..so just a pinch?? i usually pinch and fold' still i can give that a try.. cos of space issue's ive used fems plus iv'e thought of the legal implication's of doubling up the amounts of plants at one place at one time..our friend on the heading ;;bad news:: is getting crown court for 5 flowering and 13 cuttings i.t.supply..which is a real pisstake by the authourity's. its crazy considering ive seen class a dealers walk out the court free(i was there on unrelated charges)you can run over a person in a car and walk free..i personaly believe the gov dont care about us...they are pissed.probabaly cos of loss of revenue.although they can let their buddys off with 26billion yes thats billion not million in one year alone..yet we go to jail if we dont pay 25% of our £5.00 per hour...... anyway im ranting..they wind me up!!

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 15:00
Hey,

I wish I could link you a photo of what I mean, or more precisely a canape shot of my mates grow, who is a master at pinching, lol.

I think this is his method.

He gets each plant to have 8 heads, when they are young, he then get rid of 4 of them and strips the plant completely, he pinches them to death, lol to keep a even canape, so the tall ones get pinched to allow the others to catch up.

He ends up with an 1.5z per plant and has 25 in a 1.2 meter area with a 600w HPS, so that's smashing the gram per what, I make it 1000g.

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 15:30
well that seems like a record!back to the drawingboard.i some times pinch out the grow tip it has a hormone that sends a resrictor to the shoots below thats how plants get their christmas tree shape .but it always makes me cringe so i avoid it.if he gets 4 heads per plant i suppose it looks like that ;sea of green technique:its sort of what i try but my plants are less for legal reasons and they end up much taller..theoretically a clone just keeps growing .ive thought to try one plant  you know keep pinching the tip off 2=4=8=16=32=64 tops spread out with a huge tank and one huge trunk..i dont know though does a plant reach a point of dimminishing returns?it would take ages to veg ..point is how much can you get from one plant?my last crop was 40oz  from nine super iced grapefruit over 2sq meters and 2x600w poots..i suppose once you go over a certain line its ass kickin time either way!

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 15:46
yearh,

well thats what i'm in now, so 40 would be nice. i'm aiming for 30, which is funny cause 2 grows ago i got 20 off 4 plants, lol.

Well i've invited him over to the site so you'll be able to see what i mean't.

Print Page | Close Window