Skunk Kush & Northern Lights 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2013 at 21:30
Hi mate, the FBG played a blinder, took one at the beginning of sept it could have done with another week but there was a week of rain due so I harvested her, lovely smoke but it has a strange sour weed smell, like cooking cabbage. The other I harvested end of Sept, it was ready, covered in resin and has a lovely skunky smell, haven't smoked that one yet.

The MD needed another month I'd say but its been raining all week and mould had started, I kept the main buds and hashed the rest, same story for the jamaican x aruba.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2013 at 22:31
The FBG really was a mixed bag, the four people i know who grew it this season all said to had a lot of variation needs a little work me tinks. I had one that sounds just like your skunky one but it got hit hard by the rot and i binned it, the others were all done by end sept. I had a so called friend rip a couple of branches off some while i was at work, needless to say he payed for it lol The pigfreeze are still out and showing great mould resistance as theres not a drop on them yet!

Peace
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2013 at 00:43
Nice looking plants Sickle, in the spring weather here I keep forgetting that winter is approaching over there.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2013 at 10:43
It definitely is SL, another month or so and it will be wet & cold. because of where i live when the wind blows from the north east it comes straight from Sweden & the arctic circle, itll cut you clean in half i tells ya, aha jim lad, shiver me timbers lol
Peace
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2013 at 20:51
Go sickle %3cig%20smile and your zombie shiva skunk.

Hope you're catching some of this Indian summer.

Oh, and a plastic mortar tub makes an ideal bath for mixing.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 12:27
Thanks Hd, She's cut and hanging,
I couldnt find a builders tub big enough.

Small update the the NL & SK are up and have been transplanted
to 3ltr pots under a 125 cfl.
Peace
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2013 at 21:17
Hello Sickle hows this adventure progressing?
Your Mrs wasn't in the bath at the time and you just started dumping all that on her?
As always this post is a must read.
News please.
Have a good evening
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 21:33
I apologise for the wait, been busy cleaning up after the recent storms
that hit the uk(lots of fire wood) throw crimbomas in the mix an im out for the count lol anyways here they are.

Two northern lights fem & two fem skunk kush both Sensi.
i pretty much abandoned them for a few weeks, these have had no liquid nutrients(just water)they are 100% organic they are living off what ive put in the soil and they have just been switched to 12/12.

The colours up on the camera

Skunk kush

Northern lights

Peace
Schwarzenegger View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2014 at 11:18
looking very lush and happy!
imho: your soil mix sounds totally awesome

i use large double layer trash bags ( the thicker type) to ripen soil.
just because I have no bath it doesnt mean I cant mix soil !
:P

the type I use can easily hold 70 litres.
Maybe your local hardware store sells that type of bag?
It saves some eyerolling from the missus...

best of luck , but it seems you dont need much luck to get to some proper results...

:)%3cmoking%3chumbs%20Up
"New shit has come to light, man" -the big Lebowski
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2014 at 12:06
Thanks man, heres an update, i was waiting for them to start flowering
for three weeks then realized that the timer had been coming on for 15 minutes half way through lights off doh!

Anyways all is back on track
Skunk kush(left) Northern lights(right)

NL

Im really amazed with the "just add water" grow method,
the plants haven't asked for anything yet even though they have been
in their pots longer than they should of been.

I will use bat poop & blood meal to top dress during flowering
to give them an extra kick. I have a feeling my time of buying over priced bottles of organic nutrients has come to an end.

All the best
Sic
Peace
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 13:09
Looking great sickle, the soil mix is keeping them nice and green. Definitely going to give it a go, the "just add water" bit is a huge attraction. I'm smoking my NL's, tis lovely, I think you will like! :-)
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2014 at 18:12
Thanks man, its a complete head f**k, I keep wanting to pour liquid fertilizer in them lol The soil mix is the one jonnyshope used only with a bit more of everything added, the recipe is on his coco vs super soil thread at C*nn*t*cs. Im going to have to top dress them because they should be well in to flower by now but we'll see. im not expecting the same yield as i normally get with ferts as its my first run but im shure it will be plenty for me and the mrs.

Peace
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 22:38
Heres are a couple of pictures to show them just before
the chop, NL on the right Skunk kush on the left. They finished with a "fade" which was new to me but means they have used all the goodness in their leafs. They also had some cold nights which has purpled the skunk kush. Its hard to get your head around an all organic grow particularly when you've used liquid ferts for years like i have.

all have had nothing but rain water.

Nice NL bud.

Overall the skunk kusk kicks arse in yeild & flavour but the NL
has that old indi kick to the head, both top notch fems.
Peace
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 00:11
Lovely jubbly! Enjoy the harvest bud! Good to see you around. I Love the sk Kush too, has a great kick to it as well as a great taste.
corrupt View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 01:18
good thread and info,thanks!corrupt x

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>