Maintaining mother in coco help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Whoever View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Whoever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maintaining mother in coco help
    Posted: 06 October 2011 at 21:32
Hi, any tips how to maintain a mother in coco using canna products?
I am about to loos my second mother :( First one lasted for over 2 years, this last one only 1,5 years now.
Thanks all.
Whoever View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Whoever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 21:40
I can add that first mother turned yellow and tops just bended over and dried out until whole thing was only stalk, second and current are the same but it doesnt turn yellow, just bends over and dries out.
Thanks.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 12:03

Sounds weird... did you leave it to dry out too much? More information and/or a photo might help.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Whoever View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Whoever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 16:15
Is it weird? How do a plant die normally when to old? How long can it last? I do not let mother dry out to much, offcorse sometimes i have been late watering so that it starts hanging, but always try watering when i cant feel water in the coco with finger. I check 2-3 times a day. The last mother had a big top part die while the coco wasnt dry at all. 1/5 of top died, just bended over and dried out. to day some lower parts are dying. Any tips on how much coco a-b/cannastart, rhizothonic and cannazym to give mothers?
I dont like to post pictures, even if i delete them google has them saved.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 19:31
Hey all,

Not got anything to add, but a couple of questions cause i'm thinking of keeping a couple of mum's in coco.

Sarah, does coco have a shelf life that you know of? and how long have you kept a mum in coco for?
Whoever View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Whoever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 21:12
I am re potting. I use theese pots with holes in the sides so i dont think repotting will help. Cant find mould as i have found in last dead mother. this type i have now is chill, i dont get paranoid :) and it lasts for ever. I know i can just take another clone, but i love my mothers and want to keep them as long as possible.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 02:18
Originally posted by Whoever

1/5 of top died, just bended over and dried out. to day some lower parts are dying.
 ^^this is the bit I find weird... not seen or heard of a plant dying off from the top like that without obvious disease or pests... mind you, you did mention fungus. If a fungus attacks the stem that can cause the growth above the infection site to die off. 

Any tips on how much coco a-b/cannastart, rhizothonic and cannazym to give mothers?
I don't use the full range of products, just canna coco A+B. How much the plants will want depends in the strength of the lighting and how fast you wish them to grow. AFAIK there isn't a hard and fast rule for feeding mothers.

I dont like to post pictures, even if i delete them google has them saved.
Ok, if you would like I can give you an email address to send them to me direct.

Originally posted by mellowchris

Sarah, does coco have a shelf life that you know of? and how long have you kept a mum in coco for?
Not that I know of.... it does breakdown as any organic product will over time, but I doubt there is a shelf life for bagged or dry bricked coco.

I don't keep mother plants at all now, I used to keep them for limited periods (up to 9 months). I found taking clones from the production plants before putting them into flower was less hassle than maintaining extra plants.

Sorry I can't be of more help Whoever.
Whoever View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Whoever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 02:24
Sarah, i didnt realize it was you wri ting :) hello!
Please send me email. the stem is woody :(
Whoever View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Whoever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 02:33
The strange thing is that my clones are triving and very healthy, but when giving same nutrient(when on grow) to mother, it isnt good enoug. I give 25ml a+b and 5 rhizotonic, once a month i give cannazym 25ml. Now i give 20ml a+b and 30ml rhizo. Rhizo turns whole bottom of pot milky white but still bad for plant. I have the hanna combo ec/ph with clean/storage solution and two point ph calibration. I am doing everything right but god is not with me :(
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 02:51
cheers for the info sarah.

I hope you sort ya mums out whatever.

How often do you water them?
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 12:26
Originally posted by Whoever

The strange thing is that my clones are triving and very healthy, but when giving same nutrient(when on grow) to mother, it isnt good enoug.
Are the clones and the mothers under the same lighting?

I give 25ml a+b and 5 rhizotonic, once a month i give cannazym 25ml. Now i give 20ml a+b and 30ml rhizo.
How much water do you mix with the nutrients? And what are the EC and pH?

Also, check your PM inbox for a message.
Whoever View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Whoever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 14:06
No different ligthing.
the nutrient is per 10ml, ph is 5,5 ec i dont measure.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 17:58
Hey whoever,

The Nutriet is 10 ltrs not 10mil right?

So you make 10ltrs of water and put in 25 mil of a n b and 50mil of rhizo?

Is that right bud?

OH on the pH,

I was told to start my plants at 5.5 ph then work up. For me this didn't work and the plants were sick. I always start them at 5.8 and then finish them at 6.0ish.

although if shes lasted as long as she has I doubt it'd be a ph issuse IMLO.

Whoever View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Whoever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 18:20
Hehe right, stoned you know. I follow the growchedule that canna provides. yes 25 millilitres a+b and no just 5 ml total in 10litre of water. Ph is right, if not then hanna is not a good product. The meter is so advanced, i cant be stoned when cleaning/calibrating it :)
I am making some pictures for sarah as soon as the battery on camera is charged enoug :)

How do you grow your stuff?
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 18:35
in coco mate with canna's nutes.

your feed is the same as what my girls are getting now, I give them around 2.5mil/ltr of a n b, a shed load of boost, then i use the rhizo to bring them up to 5.8-6.0.

I am about to lower the a n b to 2mil a n b though as they are over fed.

I have a diray in the indoor section, i'll be wacking some pics on there at 7pm, have a look if you want to see how not to grow.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>