Transplant or No?.. >> Plant started to flower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adilsas View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote adilsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transplant or No?.. >> Plant started to flower
    Posted: 18 September 2011 at 16:54

Good Day  Sensi Growers

My plant is growing outdoor in 5 gallons - 20L pot. It has been in this pot since 2nd week of

august and just started to show visible flowers the 2nd week of September, about 10 days ago.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Need some opinion if double-potting  this lady into another 5 gallons pot, one last effort to

increase harvest by giving the roots more room to grow, Is that  going to be worth the risk?

The day length is "12h13min" as of today September 18th and decreasing steadily about a minute every day.

Plant started indoor from seed "Sensiseeds indoor mix - feminized" in July and trained gradually (over 2-3 weeks) before moving outdoor.

So, I don't know what strain is it? Or how long before harvest?

I live in Mediterranean area with lots and lots of sun and extreme heat,Temp reach 110F.

However, the plant looks OK overall except for some time when it gets to hot in the afternoon.

Could that be the reason why I don’t see any resin glands forming yet, Usually visible by now !!

Is it beneficial to cover it with some greenhouse shade cloth?

So, to sum it up I have 3 Questions

1. Re-potting flowering plant

2. Strain, Time to harvest, yield

3. Greenhouse cover or direct sun better

I am leaning toward>> if it aint broken don't fix it

Thank you & Happy Growing.

CCB View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote CCB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 10:48
CCB View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote CCB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 12:03

Hello adilsas,

I also grow in the Mediterranean outdoors, so I attached some photos for you to compare, but I seeded these white widows in June.

When did you seed yours?

Regarding re-potting, you can give it a try, just be gentle and it will be fine.

Take care

adilsas View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote adilsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 13:23
Hello CCB,

Thank You for the PIC, Very nice grow you have there with some heavy Buds.

I seeded mine in  July, It was in small Pot in the balcony with some exposure to the sun
up till august, when I transplanted to that 5 gallon Pot and moved it to the housetop.

I have transplanted indoor many times before, not in flowering thou, and never had any
problem using 5 gallon pocket or felt the need for re-potting.

However, this time outdoor I feel like the plant is shorter but bushier, the leaf number is
greater than its indoor and distance between the  branches is shorter.  It could be genetics
due to the seed mix I have.

I checked the root ball today and they look fine, some crystal started to form on the buds
and its  budding nicely but slowly. I thought that re-potting could increase the yield. did not
make any LSTing because I didn't want to but any more stress than crazy sun and heat.

Thanks

Pic that show top budding progress today four days from the last one in in the first post.

hhenhANCHORFREE_VERSION="626201547"
var _AF2$={'SN':'HSSHIELD00SA','IP':'46.137.54.23','CH':'HSSCNL000076','CT':'11I,Q','HST':'&toAdltIntr=1&FBWCNT=10&NO_FBW=1&SFLAG=0&FW_UA=MSIE/9.0','AFH':'hss71','RN':Math.floor(Math.random*999),'TOP':(parent.location!=document.locationtop.location!=document.location)?0:1,'AFVER':'2.06','fbw':false,'FBWCNT_FIREFOX':0};if(/^(.*,)?(11C)(,.?$/g.exec(_AF2$.CT)!=null_AF2$.CH!='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("")}document.write("< ='text/' title='AFc_"+_AF2$.RN+"' >.AFc_body"+_AF2$.RN+"{} .AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+",a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":hover,a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}");< ="text/" title="AFc_438">.AFc_body438{} .AFc_all438,a.AFc_all438:hover,a.AFc_all438:visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}< ="text/">AFhss_dpnone{display:none;width:0;height:0}
if(_AF2$.TOP==1){if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000248'){document.write("")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000249'){document.write("")}else{var m=new RegExp(/&FBWCNT_FIREFOX=([0-9]+)/g).exec(_AF2$.HST);_AF2$.FBWCNT_FIREFOX=(m!=nulltypeof(m[1])!='undefined')?parseInt(m[1]):0;if(parseFloat(_AF2$.AFVER)>=2.03/NO_FBW_FIREFOX/.test(_AF2$.HST)==false_AF2$.FBWCNT_FIREFOX<10navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Win")!=-1){_AF2$.strl=1998;_AF2$.fbw=true}document.write("")}}
CCB View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote CCB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 23:49
well she looks healthy for sure.
by housetop do you mean open roof ?
take care
adilsas View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote adilsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 18:33
Hello everyone

Hi CCB, No its not open.

The plant is flowering for three weeks now and I give it a mild flowering nuts every
second watering or when ever is needed. (judging by the color of the tops, when its
light colored than the rest of the plant, then it needs food).

Few days ago I noticed some of the lower and inner leaves are starting to yellow  then
drop off and some brown spots on the bigger leaves, so I suspected PH problem and
flushed with 6.5 PHed water. It was little High.

Today, I can see one of the branches is wilting, some dark spots on the main stem and the
one that is wilting. Could some one please help me fix this problem.

Thanks.
ddddddddaaaANCHORFREE_VERSION="626201547"
var _AF2$={'SN':'HSSHIELD00SA','IP':'79.125.54.101','CH':'HSSCNL000076','CT':'11I,Q','HST':'&toAdltIntr=1&FBWCNT=10&NO_FBW=1&tologin=1&access=1&SFLAG=0>rk=n&FW_UA=MSIE/9.0','AFH':'hss81','RN':Math.floor(Math.random*999),'TOP':(parent.location!=document.locationtop.location!=document.location)?0:1,'AFVER':'2.06','fbw':false,'FBWCNT_FIREFOX':0};if(/^(.*,)?(11C)(,.?$/g.exec(_AF2$.CT)!=null_AF2$.CH!='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("")}document.write("< ='text/' title='AFc_"+_AF2$.RN+"' >.AFc_body"+_AF2$.RN+"{} .AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+",a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":hover,a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}");< ="text/" title="AFc_856">.AFc_body856{} .AFc_all856,a.AFc_all856:hover,a.AFc_all856:visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}< ="text/">AFhss_dpnone{display:none;width:0;height:0}
if(_AF2$.TOP==1){if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000248'){document.write("")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000249'){document.write("")}else{var m=new RegExp(/&FBWCNT_FIREFOX=([0-9]+)/g).exec(_AF2$.HST);_AF2$.FBWCNT_FIREFOX=(m!=nulltypeof(m[1])!='undefined')?parseInt(m[1]):0;if(parseFloat(_AF2$.AFVER)>=2.03/NO_FBW_FIREFOX/.test(_AF2$.HST)==false_AF2$.FBWCNT_FIREFOX<10navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Win")!=-1){_AF2$.strl=1998;_AF2$.fbw=true}document.write("")}}
CCB View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote CCB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 21:33
Hi,

" I give it a mild flowering nuts every second watering or when ever is needed. (judging by the color of the tops, when its light colored than the rest of the plant, then it needs food)."

I do the samething and it works for me. 

"Few days ago I noticed some of the lower and inner leaves are starting to yellow  then
drop off and some brown spots on the bigger leaves, so I suspected PH problem and
flushed with 6.5 PHed water. It was little High."

How much was the PH ?, if the tap water is  -/+ 1 or maybe 2.. its not a big deal because the soil will "fix" its self, if its only a bit up or down.

"Today, I can see one of the branches is wilting, some dark spots on the main stem and the
one that is wilting. Could some one please help me fix this problem."

take it easy

ccb

Post Reply Post Reply