Green Peter's Grow Diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 17:53
is noise an issue for you ?

are you looking for reflectors for cfl ?

everything looks good :).. there will be lots of up and downs.. i have the dreaded mold man such a pain.. still first time smoking my own stuff felt good :)
peterpp View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote peterpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 18:06
Cheers billy bong

No noise is ok but oder is gonna be a right pain Id say.. Its a terraced house and i got the extracted air going into a small bathroom with the windows sealed.. Probably have to get an extrator fan and try get it up into the attic... More cost which I dont have the money for.. after spending nearly 1500 already.. Its never ending. :-(

I got a 300 watt cfl and have it in a reflector.. Cant remember what make it is.. Is there special reflector for them?? or should they be just left hanging with no reflector you think??

Lots of ups, downs, hours and drama so far anyways..

The small bathroom is probably gonna get covered in mould but im hoing the air out fan blowing constantly will keep it out... lol.

How you gonna cure them if they got mould billy??

Searching for the ultimate smoke!!!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 18:33
it is expensive, lucky for me i got my tent of a mate with payment of weed when i do my grow..

im hoping not all the buds will get mold, its only been a few so far.. crossing my fingers thats all im doing.. made alot of hemp butter and hash so its not so bad, the cookies i made were really good..
better with a reflector as your making use of the whole bulb...

you will need a window open at all times if you dont have your extraction fan blowing outdoors.. the humidity in my house was really high i had no windows open and thats what got me lol to cold outside..
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 19:42
Hey Peter,

Powerplant do a reflector designed for there cfls, it was only 30 squid or something and is a cracking reflector.

I got a normal reflector for the cfl on my first grow, but it was too week and after a couple of months it sagged.

Wow sounds like you've spent a lotta doh there buddie, but you got some cracking looking plants so it'll be worth it im sure, that mum lookm beautiful.

You not bought a carbon filter? there will be no smell with a filter.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 02:49
Any suggestions where I should make the clipping from. I cant put the light up anymore.. Could I use the top I cut off as a clone

Yes you can, top shoots make nice strong clones. All the best with your grow. 
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 09:17
check out low stress training to. helps when you dont have much room
peterpp View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote peterpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 12:30
Thanks Billy, Chris and Sarah... Dont know what I'd do without the forum. Tis really handy when trying to decide on what to do. The book and websites are a good guide but can be very confusing.

I put them into darkness an hour ago so gonna leave them there for 36 hours and then flower them between 22:30-10:30.

Those tents look good billy.. Save lots of labour hours. How big is your tent?
Hope the mould works out for you. Do you have to throw away/cut the buds that have it?
Luv the cookies myself. Haven't had in years though. Last time I had was in the Dam. Good coffee, cookie and a joint of the finest :-) yummy..
I'll look up the low stess training next week before I start bending the branches out. Not looking forward to that 1. Delicate procedure I'd imagine. Live and learn as they say!

I'll look up those cfl reflectors chris... Twood be nice to have everthing spot on. Going setting up a veg area over the next few weeks so I'll include that in the budget if I can... The mother is looking good alright. Was supposed to keep 2 but fried half of the other mother so I put here into flowering and gonna have to buy 5 more seeds. I have a carbon filter alright. I bought it from a guy and dont know how many times its being used. He said only once but he's full of it. Wait and see if it works or not I suppose.

Thanks Sarah lousie... Is it hard to keep mother plants small?? Going building the veg area and it has to be big enough for 2 mothers and about 8 plants during veg. Gonna top her next week and try get a clone from the tip. How far down should I make the cut. She's 21" in height and growing fast now that she has loads of space?

Much appreciated...
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 17:46
Hey peter,.

Yearh tent are good easy way to set up a grow, they come in all sizes from 60cm to 5 meters. not only labour hours but cost as well, My 120x120x200 tent with 600w light kit with uprade to parabolic, caqrbon filter, 10meters of duckting, easi rollers and timer all for 250 squid, bargin. 

The Cfls are all right but depending on the size of you veg spoace and what you want to do with it, there might be better options , i.e T5's, MH's, etc.

IMO a 200/250 CFL is good enough for 4 plants from seed to flower.

I have done 6 and more and I noticed the plants were slower to grow and not as stocky. Its the potting up thats the problem, as when there in 10/11ltrs they are to far away from the light.

Peter how far away is your CFL, I have mine about 1-2'' away.

peterpp View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote peterpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 21:48
Hi Chris,

It probably would have being a hole lot easier for myself and cheaper to get a tent. Too late now.. lol. Do they have an air in vent?

I got a 300 watf cfl at the moment and was planning to get a 220 watt so I'll have 520 watt altogether. Hoping this be enough for 2 mother plants and a max of 8 vegging plants.

I vegged them in 4" pots and then put them into 5 litre pots after 4 weeks this time. I didnt have room for the 11 pots ltr in the closet. I'll put them into 11 litre after 3 weeks or so the next time so the vegging space needs to be around 5*3 foot atleast. Maybe a tad bigger. I dont know how much space 2 mother plants are going to take up?

Is it possible to keep the mother plants small...ish
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 23:43
Im asking my self the same question about mums, I think you must have to trim them down origami style, wait no bonsi,lol.

About the tents, they are designed for growing so they will have a couple of exraction holes and a couple on intake holes, also holes for power cables, lined with reflective mylar and light proof.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 13:14
be carfull some tents dont come with extraction holes.. a teant is a great starting point i think.. my landlord came for an inspection i had the tent down and everything moved in a short time.. my tent is around 3feet x 3 x 8 give or take a bit..

LST is very easy.. branches can bend alot when there young... water them first then tie them down
peterpp View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote peterpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2011 at 02:50
I looked up the LST and its looks a bit tricky Billy. Are you doing it? I'll try and do 1 LST the next time round or do they all have to be done. I didn't top 2 this time and there about 8" taller than the rest which is a paint cause of the light distance.

Anyways here they are nearly finished week 1 of flowering. Just gave them a feed. I'm waterering with the bio nutes now once a week. Is once a week usually enough for watering them?

I have to get a dehumidifier soon. There fierse expensive. A cheap 1 is a bout 50 euro and there propably useless?.. Any recommendations of a good cheap 1.

They have 3-4 litre ones on ebay alright. Should they have a guage that can read the humidity so I could set it to come on when RH goes over 55%??

I'm gonna post a new thread on my mother plant tomorrow. She's geting way too big at about 26"... (Posted: "Mother Plant Maintenance" thread just there... Should I be putting everthing through the diary or is it better to post new threads)

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 00:06
hey peter, try letting the plants tell you when they need to be watered.. lift the pots and see how heavy they are is a good sign of how much water they have..

LST is so simple.. all you have to do is basicly tie the main branch down so its nearly 90 degrees with the pot.. let the side branches grow straight upwards and thats it in its simplest... i did it on my last grow and im doing it this time around to. keeps them small and you have more main branches to :)

peterpp View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote peterpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 17:45
Cheers Billy... You have to do the lot LST if doing it? Had to tie/bend one of them yesterday. She's getting way to close to the light compared to the others.

Week 2 of flowering

I topped the mother plant on Saturday

Took about 7" off her and thought it went fine. I cut off a shoot by mistake alright.

Had a look today and all the fan leaves are going soggy... Gave her a feed of bio grow, bio heaven and water so hoping she just needs a feed.
peterpp View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote peterpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 19:59
yep feed perked her right up
:-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>