1st Grow ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
micmac63 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote micmac63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st Grow ever
    Posted: 29 August 2011 at 19:41
Gonna try and post some pics of new growth... have no idea what kind of strain it is and just following the directions given on this site, got a book, and researching the web... sometimes confused, definitely hopeful, frightened of screwing it up, and waiting patiently for finished result...so I can do it all over again...even better, loving every minute of it! MM

matlear View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote matlear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 00:59
All looking good so far mate..... Maybe time to pot up ??
Check My Grow Journal Here http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8329
matlear View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote matlear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 01:00
Also let us know your setup.....
Dougalis View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Dougalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 05:13
good luck dude :) were just finishing our 1st grow its deffo a roller coaster of emotion :D

Dougal and headies 1st grow ! http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8380&PID=68955#68955
micmac63 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote micmac63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 23:14
Hey there...thanks for the comments.

I am vegging w/ 250 MH and have 400 HPS for flowering... (4) 4ft. fluorescent's for cloning
Growing in fox farm amended w/ homemade compost... start feeding w/ fox farm gro big tonite
Found an odd assortment of bugs dead on floor beside plants and set up fly trap today, will also apply neem oil this eve..
I am concerned about some spotting on a couple of leaves...like something might have been eating them...or I have no idea??? (sigh).... keeping my eye on it... here's some pics

micmac63 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote micmac63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 04:32
Uh oh...that one leaf in the picture looks more and more like leaf miners...maybe I should just get rid of it!...#%*^!*!??   
OJ View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote OJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 07:11

In looking at this photo, do any of the black dots or the 'sheen' wipe off when you apply your thumb and forefinger?  I think I see a small bug (circled) that looks like a thrips to the left of the double dots by the edge of the leaf.  The ones I've seen seem to hop off (fly?), kinda like a grasshopper, when you excite them. 

micmac63 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote micmac63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 20:27
OK thanks, OJ.. checking them out today they are fine and dandy... no more progression of whatever is doing that to leaves. They are fed, applied neem oil to soil, will foliar spray this eve, and they are happy!!
I love my girls    MM
micmac63 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote micmac63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 23:49
Lookin good...
micmac63 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote micmac63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 15:18
Please help me figure out if my flowering plants are male or female...
No matter how much i read in books or posts, i cannot help but wonder...do male plants actually flower...or do they only get pods?.. can females get pods if stressed...like topping or such? After all the time I've spent and now they are flowering...don't want to "frack" it up!!!
Here are pics:

But it's really these little pod like structures at the internodes that are freaking me out...

Any help is much appreciated...seeing how I got this far with the posts on this site!!
MM
micmac63 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote micmac63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 15:20
P.S. can I pick off what I think may be pods?

Thanx, MM
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 15:42
the plant(s) in the pics are male im afraid to say and will only produce male flowers so id bin them. and in answer to your other question yes female plants can produce male flowers if stressed but not by topping if done properly it.
matlear View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote matlear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 16:09
Unlucky dude,,, Get planting some more.. Try to get feminised if your not breeding and take clones..
micmac63 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote micmac63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 18:05
Dude...so sorry to hear that man... but thanks for lettin' me know Matlear. Sooo bummed..but was wondering if you could check out these pics cause there are absolutely no pods on this plant and hopefully I can salvage at least this one..

micmac63 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote micmac63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 18:14
Heyy sicklehand..thanks for the reply...posted another plant can you look at it for me... just kinda outta my mind (not stoned) bummin'
MM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>