Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Online Status: Offline
  Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HEMP WILL COME BACK!!
    Posted: 16 September 2004 at 13:21
Today hemp is staging a comeback, used by fashion designers and mass producers alike. In addition to established producers such as China, Romania, Hungary and France hemp crops are now also grown in Australia, Canada, Britain and Germany where for decades there had been none. It is legally cultivated in at least 30 countries around the world, including every G-7 country. Even in the USA an experimental crop is being grown in Hawaii under a government license.

While processing is established for historical uses, innovative applications are being investigated. Hemp is used for products as diverse as car dash boards or panels (BMW, Audi, Cadillac) and horse bedding. Hemp fibre has excellent sound proofing qualities and is extremely water resistant. It has many applications in the construction industry where its use helps prevent deforestation. Hemp stalks can be made into plywood and chipboard and hemp hurds are a good insulation material.

Hemp seeds are a good source of protein and one of of the highest quality vegetable oils (rich in unsaturated fats). Unsterilised hemp seeds are sold as bird feed in Japan. Hemp seeds are also still contained in shichimi, the spice mix used with ramen noodle soup. They can be used in place of flour or tofu.

shom View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote shom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 13:33

hi there.........I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm a south african 23yr old woman wanting to learn how to grow and process and utilise hemp in as many ways as possible (soap, material etc.) because I want to teach the poor rural african communities how to provide these essential things for themselves. They barely have enough money for food and live in huts with almost no clothes. It would be awesome if we could reach and assist them in this way. There is plenty of land available to grow it as they live out in the mountains and the soil is good. Is it possible to grow and process and produce by hand? It doesn't matter how many hands are needed....all these people do is survive day to day with plenty of time and determination for a better life. I really know nothing about this at all, except that there is awesome potential.

Thank you so much.

Shomon

free
seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 03:54

Hi Shom

Hemp grows on allmost all types of soil. Making materials, oils, soap etc is very time consuming years. Allthough lets not kid ourselves. They have been going this byt hand for thousands of years we can savely assume..

For grow information you can first of all visit http://www.sensiseeds.com/ml/shop.asp?MainLev=9&nfoMainLev=5 for some basic information.

Also maybe look on www.HempFlax.com for other appliances.

Here is one way of making Soap. You can find all kinds of information on the internet regarding the versatile use of hemp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I've used a high % of hemp seed oil, but I believe it can be revised easily by upping the olive and lowering the hemp, and it would still be extremely nice and moisturising. I find this also makes a wonderful shampoo bar - especially for dry hair!"

Ingredients

• palm 1300g (36%)
  • hemp 880g - which happened to be 1 litre (24%)
  • coconut 760g (21%)
  • olive 560g (16%)
  • castor 100g (3%)
  • NaOH 498g (approx. 6% superfat)
  • water 850g
  • honey 1 tbs, dissolved in the lye water

At trace:

This was done as plain old CP. I mixed the soap at rather low temps (probably 40 C for the oils and 37 C for the lye water) and insulated for roughly 16 hours.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck, Seero

p.s. the only way to get this beautiful plant accepted is by utelizing it. It's very interesting to actually find out what Cannabis Sativa L. is capable of. You'll drown most likely

Alan Dronkers View Drop Down
Sensi Connoisseurs
Sensi Connoisseurs
hemp expert and cannabis enthusiast

Quote Alan Dronkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 13:13

see the european industrial hemp association site:

www.eiha.org

greetings

Sticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Sticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 13:29
I have such large dreams for hemp, But iam starting to wonder if my efforts are getting Anywhere here in Aus

It is such a threat to so many corporate Nasties here, And lic to grow it are almost impossible to get.

All the very best with your plans Shom, I am Moved by what you have said, And send you all the luck i can muster.

Sticky Embarrassed

Post Reply Post Reply