big bud hermie seeds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cs70 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cs70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: big bud hermie seeds
    Posted: 28 July 2011 at 08:30
hi folks
so here is the situation  ,i bought fem big bud seeds and one girl get a bit hermie in last week of flowering ,due to stress,on the bottom of the branches ,in total i found 20 seeds the small green ones and more bigger ones dark colored
because of the heat issues where i am now i cant use my good seeds ,so i thought i will use the hermie seeds
i put in the plate to germinate 3 seeds one opened in 12 hours and i put it in soil ,the other ones dont want to open
is it ok to use the hermie seeds ?
now i put more seeds to germinate i hope they germ now
thx best regards

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 10:03
If the hermaphrodite pollinated itself, then the seeds will most likely produce exact copies of the single parent, with the same tendency to turn hermaphrodite.

If the hermie pollen reached another female and produced seeds, they will turn into plants that have some tendency to turn intersexual, but it's not definite. If the original hermie turned due to stress and the offspring are grown in better conditions, they may not turn at all.

Since the hermie seeds would be growing by themselves with no in danger of pollinating females from the good seeds, there should be no problem trying them out. Even if they turn, the results will probably be similar to the original hermie - good bud with a few seeds here and there.

Even if growing plants that have turned hermaphrodite, the number of seeds can be kept down by checking the plants every day and removing any male flowers that are spotted.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
cs70 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cs70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 10:35
Originally posted by Ganja

If the hermaphrodite pollinated itself, then the seeds will most likely produce exact copies of the single parent, with the same tendency to turn hermaphrodite.

If the hermie pollen reached another female and produced seeds, they will turn into plants that have some tendency to turn intersexual, but it's not definite. If the original hermie turned due to stress and the offspring are grown in better conditions, they may not turn at all.

Since the hermie seeds would be growing by themselves with no in danger of pollinating females from the good seeds, there should be no problem trying them out. Even if they turn, the results will probably be similar to the original hermie - good bud with a few seeds here and there.

Even if growing plants that have turned hermaphrodite, the number of seeds can be kept down by checking the plants every day and removing any male flowers that are spotted.

hi
thx for answer
now i understand better already ,thx for help
i just selected the best seeds and put them in the plate to germinate
yes the original seeds are fem big bud from sensi seeds lol
and the girl turn hermie in late flowering due to stress,the smoke was excellent and just few seeds so i am happy
thx again
best regards
 Post Reply Post Reply