Industrial Hemp > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains > Advice on Choosing a Strain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

250 watt grolux sodium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
skfblues View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote skfblues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 250 watt grolux sodium
    Posted: 17 July 2011 at 14:25
I am buying a grow tent 3 foot by 3 foot by 6 foot. The whole system includes a light, fan, timer, extracter. I want to grow 3-4 plants (after xmas when the electric bill is higher anyway).   Is this light enough for the whole grow? i keep reading of veg lights, flower lights, different wattage.etc    All i am concerned about is the electric bill.   Does anybody know how much the bill would rise with this set up? I am assuming that with the 250 growlux i won't get such a good yield, strength as using the different lights at different stages
cheers
alan

Leafless View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Leafless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 12:43
Hi,

u cna use the hps for the hole grow. However u don't need 30k lm for small seedlings and the first weeks of veg so u can save some power with fluorescent lamps during the first 4-6 weeks. U can also use 1 or 2 to add some extra light during flower.

Cost for ur setup depends on the kWh price;
(0,272kW * 18h + 0,05kW * 24h + 0,04kW * 24) * days of veg +
(0,272kW * 12h + 0,05kW * 24h + 0,04kW * 24)* days of flower
= X kWh

Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 19:50
check out Farmer Micks "Howto set up a basic grow space" on the indoor growing forum, it's a sticky near the top, check out some of his results under a 250watt Sodium.

He was an excellent grower but it just shows you what can be done!

%3ceed%20leaf
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
skfblues View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote skfblues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 13:05
Thanks for that. Once they sprout in the peat pots in a dark place how soon before i move them out of the dark to pots?
cheers
a
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 13:41
They need light as soon as they sprout.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
skfblues View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote skfblues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 11:45
Thanks, I am going to do a couple of experiments until i get the tent set up after xmas. I am thinking of using a 125 watt CFL in a cupboard for 2 plants, 12 on 12 off. Do i need to buy two? ie the blue one for veg and the red one for flower. In the "growers bible" it says you can use a CFL 'From seed to harvest" any tips?

PS i am not too worried about size and quality of harvest this is just a little experiment, i am doing 2 or 3 other things as well which i will post on when they get going.
cheers
a
clarksville View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote clarksville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 05:02
I would love to grow my own,but i always get cold feet,maybe i'll get the courage one day.
 Post Reply Post Reply