Industrial Hemp > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains > Advice on Choosing a Strain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

exotic strain for a beginner?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ididntdoit View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ididntdoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: exotic strain for a beginner?
    Posted: 23 June 2011 at 03:58
I'm a beginner, matter of fact, first time. So nothing very difficult to work with.

I want some something that is as potent as humanly possible, or if you know something alien, that's even better.

I am indoor, small.

Here's the thing, I want something weird, something I haven't seen, something that looks like it's from another planet, something colorful, something exotic. I don't want to do it unless it's something I'm excited about. So I will be catering the room to the 2 specific strains I choose.

I like Indica.

Any help from the masters?

Like I said, I'm new, so be nice.... Thanks in advance...

And side note, this forum has the best emoticons! %3ceed%20leaf
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 12:22
its not that exotic but i'd go with skunk#1 from sensi or dutch passion both are very similar sensi's is a bit more indica in my experience, but for a first grow its cheap reliable and easy to grow and a dam good smoke imo and on a first grow when mistakes are bound to happen you dont want to be using 80-150 euro seeds cheap seeds let you learn the craft first and then move on to the more exotic strains. also regular seeds are good for beginners to learn to identify male/female plants.   hope this helps.
TheDeparted View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 16:02
thats some top advice there m8.%3chumbs%20Up
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 21:13
i'll agree with that, all the sensi sk1's i've seen grown look really good.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 22:49
Personal opinion, screw skunk#1, its a s generic as you can get, and unless you find a real real good kepper pheno, its certainly not very high on my list of great smokes.

You like indica, so you're pretty much like me. I prefer an indi dom hybrid to a sat heavy one.

Your request to find some alien and looks like its from another planet, its a tough one. Its hard to give you a strain that will consistantly look outstanding. For instance, being purple in colour, being covered in huge ammounts of resin, or have foxtailing calyxs. All these things are only present if the right genetics are in place and the enviroment provides the optimal atmosphere.

You want to 2 strains, so i will list you my own picks if buying seeds for consistant good quality. Sweetseeds - Green Poison, Moham Rahm, Psicodelicia, Cream Caramel, Black Jack, Sweet Afghani. White Label - White Ice, White Gold, Pure Power Plant. Pyramid Seeds - Tiburan ( Super Skunk x Northern Lights ).

I've tried all of these and they are all very good. The best two, depending on what you are after in a plant are different. For me, flavour, aroma and yield as most important. So my top two would be Moham Rahm closely followed by Cream Caramel ( if you prefer a more sweet taste to the kushy dankness of moham) and Pure Power Plant. An absoloute diamond of a plant. Find the right pheno out of a pack of PPP and thre weed will knock stuff like ukcheese, kush etc out of the water.
Green-Thumb Growing
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ididntdoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 00:51
Thanks for the replies... I like this. You seem to understand what I'm getting at. Which would you suggest for potency over arouma and taste? Keeping in mind I'm a beginner. Anyway, how about some reference material on making it look purple!? I want to learn how to do that! Thanks again. Good community.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ididntdoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 00:53
I also don't mind spending extra funds on the perfect stuff. As long as its not a difficult strain to work with, or one that's easy to mess up.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 01:30
White Ice is a very strong smoke. As is moham rahm . Moham rahm is a personal fav of mine, its a black domina x whitewidow cross, and has tons of flavour and great potency. The PPP is also a devastating smoke. You might thunb your nose as PPP, as i did before i smoked it and then grew it. Probably the best plant i have had the pleasure of smoking. Pipping nycd x kush to top spot. Though moham is a much different smoke, alot less foral, and more kushy dank, sulphur/petrol with hints of lemon. Shit hot cross. I;ve 2 in flower now, so wont be long until you can see them in full flower. I also have a ppp x lemon skunk bagseed in flower which is shaping up to be very nice.

The tiburan /  super skunk x nothern lights is also a potent smoke. Great aroma and flavour. Real classic weed smell. Reminds you of old school weed, when weed smelt of weed and not fruit.
Green-Thumb Growing
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ididntdoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 03:10
You love the Moham Rahm...  I'm going to look around at that now.  I don't know PPP... maybe I'm missing something.  I feel dumb.  I would be excited to see moham rahm in full flower.  And as far as the tiburan, seems we have similar tastes.  How is the yield on that?  I'll report back after I research some Moham Rahm.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:47
i still stand by my advice, and if your obsession is with strength witch most people are change skunk#1 for any of solid's suggestions also AK 47 an white Russian are good but remember thc readings are largely fabricated and when there not theres no way of knowing witch pheno was tested or if you'll get it in the seeds you've buy. in my opinion theres nothing generic about a 25% Afghani, 25% Mexican Acapulco Gold and 50% Columbian Gold cross that can through up commercial monsters such as cheese and that is a building block for almost all modern strains they all have skunk#1 in the some where but hay i guess its all relative anyway hope this helps.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ididntdoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 16:49
You make a compelling argument. Skunk just carries the generic name, and that is honestly what is keeping me from it. I will have to look around. Maybe I'll find a pic of a beautiful skunk and build my inspiration for that.

I ask the question again, anyone know where i can find more info on making purple buds and things of the like?
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 18:44
if its purple your after try googleing these

purple urkle
purple power
purple#1
purple kush
the purps aka gods gift
sweet purple
purple passion

to name but a few, any strain can produce the purple colourtion due to cold temps they produce a chemical that are kind of like antifreeze there are strains that will go purple without cold temps like the ones above that have been purposely breed for the trait. there is also a product called purple max that is meant to increase the purple coloration but it sounds nasty and is probably full of chemicals.
anyway sorry to rant on i hope you find what your looking for

sickle
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 20:09
Originally posted by ididntdoit

You make a compelling argument. Skunk just carries the generic name, and that is honestly what is keeping me from it. I will have to look around. Maybe I'll find a pic of a beautiful skunk and build my inspiration for that.

I ask the question again, anyone know where i can find more info on making purple buds and things of the like?

you know what i felt the same, i ended up growing the SuperSkunk, people have said its a generic taste, but i've never come accross it, what we call skunk round hear is more fruity where's the ss, has a dark musky taste.

about the mo ham ram and creme caramel, im defo gonna try those two and some jack flash( sensi) for my next grow, soild you sold me on them.

the SK 1, is also a strain i will be doing in the near futre.
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 01:08
well remember me when ya get some seeds our kid
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 01:11
Originally posted by blackboot

well remember me when ya get some seeds our kid

yor joking right, you got about 20 strains on the go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>