HD's hopefully awesome 1st grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD's hopefully awesome 1st grow
    Posted: 22 May 2011 at 17:16
Hi everyone

Been lurking and absorbing the info on this great forum and thought I'd register and start a diary.

It all started a couple of weeks back when a friend gave me about 100 seeds of unknown strain or origin. I shall refer to them as mysterons. Apparently, someones grow went to seed by accident and he gave them away to anyone that wanted them. So after some experimentation I decided to get the neccesary kit and have a bash.

For the price of a few ounces of hash I'm all set up and ready to go.

I got:

A 900mm x 900mm x 1600mm Secret Jardin DS grow tent.
A 400w HPS bulb
A 4" extractor fan etc

The tent seems pleasingly well made and most importantly doesnt let any light escape as there's a police station across the road. I'm limited to 1.6m high because it's an attic room used for junk storage.

Here's a pic:
http://imageshack.us/m/857/6209/p1330074crop.jpg

The mysteron seeds were only supposed to be for mucking around with but they have produced three little weedlings that I'm already sorta fond of.

Here's one of them:
http://imageshack.us/m/163/8262/p1330075crop.jpg

The all fem seeds I bought for the main project are:

1 x Skunk#1 - germed, potted, 1/2" tall
1 x Northern Lights - germed, potted, not broke soil
1 x Jack - germed, potted, not broke soil
! x Shortrider - germed, potted, just broke soil

Nutes to be used are Biobizz Bio-grow/bloom and Topmax. Compost is John Innes soil mix.

So far everything's going well. My only worry is what to do the mysterons. Do I go with just the 4 known, fem plants or do I cram the 3 unknowns in with them?

Anyway, hopefully it'll turn out to be awesome. I'm a novice grower but a veteran smoker.

stinkysticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stinkysticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 17:28
Welcome to the forum, HD, and good luck with everything.

Since you are that close to the cops, you should really prevent them from smelling anything. Try and get a carbon filter.
"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself."
Bob Marley
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 17:48
Hi Sticky and thanks for the welcome.

I've got a carbon filter installed, you can see it top right in the first pic. Handily, there's a hatch to a shallow roof space just above the tent to direct the expelled air into.
stinkysticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stinkysticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 17:59
i can only see the second pic, which took a lot to load. Insert the images directly here. It's a lot easier for everyone to see them.
"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself."
Bob Marley
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 18:11

Right, got it. This is the tent of awesomeness. I bang my head on that lightbulb everytime.

And this is my favourite mysteron.

TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 18:24
welcome to the site mate im kind of new aswell only been on a couple of months. happy smoking
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 18:39
Thanks UK1. I'll be happier smoking something other than £100 an ounce hash! 
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 18:55
Welcome hd nice set up and good luck for the future.
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 18:56
there is alot of crap on the streets these days and some of it really harmfull. that is one reason i started growing for myself. im not interested in making money i just want to know im smoking decent stuff. im not interested in doing 100 plants im just doing 4 for my personal use and il maybe do 2or3 crops a year
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 20:18
Hi and thanks sickle.

UK1, I agree. Erratic supply is my biggest bugbear. I've a few mates who gift me ready to smoke buds they've grown. It would great to return the favour.
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 20:31

just be careful if the police station is outside your house %3cmoking

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 21:05
The police here in smalltown Scotland are pretty decent UK1, the biggest danger is smalltown nosey neighbour - That HD chap keeps taking bags of compost into his house but doesnt have any pot plants on his window sill, whatever can he be doing? - kind of thing. 
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 21:44
lol yes you have to be carefull where ever you grow, theres always someone willing to bugger things up thats why its best to grow alone then its down to your own mistake if anything happens mate
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 22:49
Good luck man. I'd keep the mysterons, but then again, 4 plants will fill your space easy. How large do you intend to grow them before flowering? You going to be taking cuttings?
Green-Thumb Growing
zionist View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote zionist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 23:23
DOES NO 1 GROW IN WATER EVERY 1 SEEMS TO BE SOL OR COCO,MUST JUST BE ME THEN,BOO-HOO LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>