Starsky & H.K. weed leaf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 16:18
stinkysticky is it just me or has afew of you plants got mites maybe ?? some plants seem like they are getting eaten to me !
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 21:37
re your clones ss, do you just plant them in soil or in some other medium to begin with? I read somewhere that it was good to start cuttings in the medium that they are to grow in? Anyway, looks like the way you do it is quite successful. 

All others look to be filling out nicely and I hope UK1 is mistaken about the mites.

TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 22:09
im not saying it is mites but the leaves look abit dotted to me??? it might just be the way the picture was taken??
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 22:26
Specks of dust show up under fluorescent light which is likely what it is, besides I was only being polite, all I really want is his cloning technique.
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 22:33

lol have you had a bad day hd %3cmoking

stinkysticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stinkysticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 00:35
yeah, UK, you see the tiny spots, right, mites attacked the plants but not too bad. they'll recover during flowering...i hope

yeah, HD, i planted the clones directly in soil, in very small pots

%3cig%3c %3cig%20smile
%3cig%20smile
"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself."
Bob Marley
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 04:55
Re your last set of pics SS - your tomato seedlings are due for a feed.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stinkysticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 14:55
Hey, Sarah! Do tomatoes need to be fed often? I wanna separate them and put each in a private pot, or at least some. (i hope i won't harm their roots too much). Depends on how much space i have for everything. Is it ok if i veg them under cfl's till they're about 10-15 cm's tall and move them on the balcony in bigger pots, after that?
Bob Marley
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 16:40
stinkysticky what are you using for the mites ? a couple of plants look badly infested to be honest
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 21:11
Having looked at the pics again, I agree with The UKOne, the pics labelled Hindu Kush1 do appear to have a good case of mites.

With the tomato seedlings... they are beginning to yellow... I'd go with a light veg feed in the container they are in and pot on once they have greened up a bit. They will want to be potted up in a week or so. They can handle root tangling better than cannabis, but you don't want them to tightly bound to each other.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 22:46

there seems to be afew plants that i can see with mite damage, ladybirds are the best if you can find them, and once theyve eaten all your mites put them in a tub and freeze them for the next time %3chumbs%20Up

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 23:00
Originally posted by TheUkOne

there seems to be afew plants that i can see with mite damage, ladybirds are the best if you can find them, and once theyve eaten all your mites put them in a tub and freeze them for the next time %3c3chumbs%3c20Up

im sitting here stoned reading this, you can freeze ladybirds, and they come back to life?
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stinkysticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 02:16
ladybugs? awesome. i saw one today, on the road, while walking my dog. i'll get it next time :).
I can't believe it either. Making them hibernate by putting in the fridge...weird
Bob Marley
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 03:04
Ladybirds are great for eating aphids and greenfly but wouldn't be the first choice for spidermite control indoors if only for the fact that they will fly straight into the hot lamp frying themselves.

There are other predatory bugs you can buy that are sent out alive in the post, people have good results with them but you need the right conditions for the bugs to live its not as simple as just throwing them in.

I have had great results with spidermite control using spraysafe from canadian express its around 12 quid a litre pre mixed.I couldnt recommend it enough,kills everything with a couple of applications.

Plants look great stinky%3chumbs%20Up ive a pack of HK in the fridge%3cig%20smile
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 19:59

the preditors you can buy are totally crap imho, i tried the 1s that come in the sawdust tub think theres 500 or so that are meant to kill mites then eat each other till theres nothing left!! waste of time! and all it did was make the leafs and plants look like id being doing joinery in the room allday

i actually have a bottle of spray safe just incase, never had to use it YET lol but im sure i will in time. lady birds are a winner and you can get them from good garden centres in season %3chumbs%20Up 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>