new grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
weegee View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 11:38
.bump..

just looking for some feedback on my seedlings..

are they ready to go under my 400HPS, maybe about 100cm away?
TheDeparted View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 14:54
they look fine pal.
u can out them under the hps now no probs, ive started seedlings under a 600w hps with no probs.
get that tent orderd big man and dont forget the flowers for the missus..lol
they say a 400w hps should be about 18" from the tops so maybe start  at 36" for a few days then get it down closer as time goes on.
when i did my seedlings under a 600w i had it down to 20" form 40" in a matter of days with no bad affects.
who,s gonna win the league today then big man im a hoops man mysel.
goodluck pal

weegee View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 17:25
interflora on speed dial, lol...

ive got the tent now 80x80x160, will have to do some topping and lst but thats fine..

as for the league, lets just say im a happier man than you today lol.

do feel really bad for lennon though, inverness ct was your downfall but next season will be cletics year.  (unless coisty gets some decent funds and we keep our stars)

anyhow back on topic, thanks for the info and help.

i will get it all set up and post some pics..  im growing white skunk to start and im guessing that they wont start to smell untill they are in flower, so holding off on the fan and will monitor my temps..

cheers again
TheDeparted View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 17:57
say ur well happy big man.lol
fair play.
good season considering for the gers.
m8 if u can try n get the fans extraction sorted quick as ur plants will thank yo later for all the extra airflow u give them now.
up the hoops..lol
weegee View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 20:14
mmm good point about the airflow.

i suppose any money i spend i will recoup come harvest, not in it to make money i just want to see if i can grow a big bud plant then sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labour.

also looking forward to some big cahooney hash (add bubble bags to list).

i saw a nice carbon filter fan kit on ebay, it was about £80.00 but it will be worth it.

i found a nice wee corner in the attic that would take the dimensions of the tent, it would be tight but it would save me putting it into the bedroom.  could also use the rafters to hang wires for ballast, fans etc etc  access t is not great though so i would have to get a better ladder..

fucks sake, this all started by buying a shit ounce of hash!! lol..

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 21:31
have a look at kitbag shop weegee, think they do a 5"rvk fan, with ducktingand carbon filter for about 80 squid. think the tt ones were about 50/60ish.
weegee View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 22:31
googled kit bag and it brought up football boots?, googled kitbag shop and it brough up some nice stuff, lol

cheers for the info i will have a look.
weegee View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 21:07
got a problem..

just placed my ladys into their new home, a 80x80x160 grow tent.

they have three sets of leaves and i was keeping the light about 60cm away but the heat got up to 37.8C!!, so ive turned it off for just now.

question is:  i know i need to get a carbon filter fan (was kinda hoping that i could get away with it until they start to smell) and what i need to know is "are the hydroponic fans one size fits all?", on ebay i saw some nice ruck ones, have already been advised that these are the best ones...

sorry for the noob question but if you dont ask you dont get "shy kids never have sweets", lol.

anyhow any help you good people can provide would be appreciated.

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 21:16
hey weegee,

its always advisable to have a extraction for your girls, not only for temp but so they have fresh air.

about sizes, i've got a 5" one, i think a 4 or 5" kit will be fine.

i've just vegged mine without any, there fine, but i did it under a 250w cfl so they dont really get hot.

sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 21:25
rucks are great i have the 100mm 4 inch and it will suck 230m3 per hour this would be more than enough for your tent theres a rule of thumb that says calculate the volume of the grow room and x it 20 this is the size extractor fan you need to change the air so many time i cant remember the amount of times an hour but this insures the plants have fresh air regularly
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 21:47
so what size extractor fan would i need for a 4x2x2 room ?? im not good at maths %3cmoking
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 22:17
Is that feet or meters
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 22:21

meters mate

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 22:29
You will want a fan that will suck 320m3 per hour your room is 16m3 most 5-8 inch fans should be able to do that.
weegee View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 23:13
thanks guys, i will go for the 4.

got the smaller tent so it may fit in the loft, better ventilation up there too..

it will all be worth it.%3chumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>