anybody no what the problem is here?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheDeparted View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anybody no what the problem is here?
    Posted: 04 May 2011 at 14:40
hi guys one of my bbbc has some bad leaves.
its had trouble from early in the grow but came round nice now she is looking rough again.
is this much to worry about?
im at 39 days 12/12.
thanks for any help

stinkysticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stinkysticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 16:32
those leaves look like they're light burned. The others have a good green color so i don't think there's a N deficiency.

Also, as far as i know, in the later stages of flowering, it's normal for the fanleaves to slowly start yellowing and falling. If they don't, the plant is probably overfed.
"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself."
Bob Marley
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 17:03
thanks ss.
ive been having trouble with temps so thats possible although the bulb is always 18 2 20" form the tops of the plants and my biggest hasnt got this so not sure.
its a bit of a freak of a plant it had trouble early but was ok untill last few days.
im putting them on different feed to the superskunk as there at different stages should of done this from the start i suppose but will no for future.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 19:53
Hi jonny short answer is I dont know what's causing this!! But I would hazard a guess it's down to overfeeding and possibly salt build up in the medium. I had this before with would you believe GHS cheese, BB cheese and GHS cheese are one and the same I believe. I know I keep banging on about it but I would say not having an EC meter isn't helping either. Blue cheese is I presume blueberry x cheese? from what I've read blueberry is a fairly sensitive strain when it comes to feeding.

I'm not sure if there's much point in you flushing the plant at this stage as you have no EC meter so therefore you won't know how much feed to start at again, and will just end up in the same boat. Maybe just give plain ph'd water for next couple of feeds and see how it goes.

There is not long to go now with these plants and they are in the height of flower, they need food more than ever now, this is why I think flushing may do more harm than good at this stage. I would just give water next couple of waterings then start feeding again at a reduced rate to what they are getting now and make sure they get a good flush before harvest.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 20:08
cheers alecky.
been looking around and theres quite a few that get same problem on leaves of blue cheese.
i no the ec meter is a problem and i could have bought one but im doing this lot first without just to see what can be achived and i aint had it this long so why not eh!?lol
think most people bring this strain of blue to 70 days flower so thought id flush to then slowly build up again as i think they need a lighter feed than the superskunk.
anyhow hope it all ends well.
cheers

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 22:22
think u were right alecky i went there tonight and the plant above has got much worse!
dont think the flush helped much to b fair but lesson learned.
its like it has a bad case of acne and yellowing leaves.
all the other plants are fine just this one above with problems.
anyways ill keep at it and try n learn as much as possible of it.

Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 00:32
Originally posted by alecky

Hi jonny short answer is I dont know what's causing this!! But I would hazard a guess it's down to overfeeding and possibly salt build up in the medium. I had this before with would you believe GHS cheese, BB cheese and GHS cheese are one and the same I believe. I know I keep banging on about it but I would say not having an EC meter isn't helping either. Blue cheese is I presume blueberry x cheese? from what I've read blueberry is a fairly sensitive strain when it comes to feeding.

I'm not sure if there's much point in you flushing the plant at this stage as you have no EC meter so therefore you won't know how much feed to start at again, and will just end up in the same boat. Maybe just give plain ph'd water for next couple of feeds and see how it goes.

There is not long to go now with these plants and they are in the height of flower, they need food more than ever now, this is why I think flushing may do more harm than good at this stage. I would just give water next couple of waterings then start feeding again at a reduced rate to what they are getting now and make sure they get a good flush before harvest.
  i agree elecky my sensi blueberry has got some tip burn and alittle funny colour in places the thing is i aint been over ec 1.4 max normally ec 1.2 so they are sensitive, i guess a good few day flush is in order
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 01:02
Maybe a ph drop/rise from overfeeding a few times is causing some sort of lockout and the damage to the leafs. Doesn't immediately strike me as overfeeding, rather a problem caused by a slow buildup of slightly over feeding causing a lockout of some kind, as looking at some of the green leafs around, their tips are yellow on many, so it's at the point of allmost being overfed. Less is more, make them work for it if you can!

Next time they need a water, i'd flush with plain water, at whatever ph suits your medium, and dont let the plant sit in the runoff obviously, lol. Quite alot of people actually do this, even people i know. Then depending on how fast she is drinking, id give her another plain water feed with an additive with plenty of micro nutes and the like in it. Then start feeding again at a lower rate.
Green-Thumb Growing
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 12:50
thanks for that solid!%3chumbs%20Up
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 16:28
i think its heat+ overfeeding.
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
 Post Reply Post Reply