My First Grow / Snow Ryder's x10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
matlear View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote matlear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 23:30
Here You go

[flashwidth=400 height=300]http://www.youtube.com/v/4GIte07m4tw[/flash]
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 23:55
they look spot on mate.
matlear View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote matlear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 12:40
Day 12 20th April 2011

A little update from me -
Plants are slowly getting bigger day by day.
Light cycle is still 20/4 and will stay like that untill I have harvested the Snow ryders.

Also started them all on 1/4 strength feed every other day as follows -

Nutrients - TNT COMPLEX 25ml for 10 LTR Water
Booster - TNT ROOT COMPLEX 25ml for 10 LTR Water, 2 Drops of SuperVit, and 10ml of TNT Power Zyme mixed into every 3rd feed.

All the above is mixed into 10 litres of PH 7.0 water, once I have stirred it and left to settle I then bring down the PH to around 5.9 with some Hesi PH Down. I then give each plant 1 Litre each.

Is this the correct way ???

Here are some photos from today

Afghan

Snow Ryder

Thanks for checking in

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 12:48
about the mixing of nutes mat, its up to you. what i find though is i ad my ph down and it gives me a reading then i go back 30mins later and it droped down.

what i used to do, was ph the water( and rhizotonic at the start) to about 6. something(dependant on how much feed im giving them), then wait 30mins, then ad in my feed to bring it down to 5.8.

but i've heard that you should leave it for longer, or with a 2 part feed give them a wait an hr or more then put in b and so on.

so in short, i think what ever works for you and you find easy stick with, i did it my way cause i thought i was losing to much feed, messing them up at the start.

which everway you do it, rember to leave it for at least 10/15 mins after adding ph down.

im feeding with canna range though
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 12:53
oh yeah, 1 ltr of water seems alot for such small plants, im doing 0.2 ltrs at the mo and getting plenty of run off.

water the plants till you get a 10% run off, so the nutes will pull oxygen through the roots, dont really need to do any more than that.

i was also told that in coco you give the plants food with every water. to keep the nute levels constant ect.

not grown with your nutes so dont knoe how much you should be giving them at the mo.

whatever your doing though seems to be working as your plants look good.
matlear View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote matlear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 13:55
Cheers's Chris, what size pots are you using ?

Oh and heres a little fun video of the afghans I made :)

[flashwidth=400 height=300]http://www.youtube.com/v/JtS4zoo8EAk[/flash]
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 17:05
dont know what these ones i started them in are, but think there 0.6ish, then 3.5ltr, then 10's to finish them. to be honest i was thinking that tens might be a bit small, im only left with 4 plants so might make em real big.
matlear View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote matlear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 20:14
So I should think about buying some pots before they get too big for 4.5 litre pots there currently in ??
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 20:18
its up to you?

i've always been told that you should have 10ltrs minimum. think it depends on how big you want the plants, if theres no room for root growth as the plant gets bigger then it will slow it right down.

having said that, i've seen someone do quite a few plants in 6ltrs and they were fine, think he got about an oz off each.( but the consensus seems to be 10ltr minimum)
matlear View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote matlear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 22:24
Roger that ...
Toothless View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling
Night Fury

Quote Toothless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 15:08
pot-sizes,

on both my previous grows, i used 7ltr pots as my final pots, i pulled over 1.5oz on all my plants.

this time as an experiment, ive got 9 plants, 5 in 7ltr pots and 4 in 10ltr pots,

i did this to c if it benefits much with the bigger pot.

im doing greenomatic from ghs, these are 55 days from seed to harvest, and will be 21 days in on sunday so they will begin the flowering process then.

id be happy with 3/4 of an oz frm each plant if they do finish in 55days. good quick turn around with them.

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 15:43
good test king, are you in coco buddie?

like i said people recomend the larger pots, i have only tried to finish in 10ltrs.

think i've seen pics from both ends, theres a chap got back 1oz of nice looking bud and he did it in a pot noddle cup, so thats probs about 0.5ltr?ish. and also seen a grow in a 60ltr hempy bucket and that plant was a absolute monster, allthough he said he lost most of it to bud rot.

but i thought for the fiirst time grow, best to listen to the masses then experiment later.

also with pot size i think it does reflect the size of the plant, it just what size do we need for the size of plant we want.
Toothless View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling
Night Fury

Quote Toothless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 17:17
im growin in plagron all mix chris, although ive just found a xompost in my local nursey with almost the exact same mix, so might try it next time.

ill respond on this thread as to what i yield from the diff pots, ill post up some pics now on my skunk#1 ive jsut finished

matlear View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote matlear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 19:50
Day 15 23rd April 2011

I raised the concentration of the feed to 3/4 strenght yesterday... I dont think they liked it.. A couple of burns are visible on the afghans but strangely the smaller autoflowering snow ryders dont seem to have been burnt...

Do you thinkn I should continue with the same strength mix or should I lower ? EC on the feed was o.8 and ph is at 5.8

Here are the piccies

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 20:23
hey,

yeah some plants need stronger feeds t5han others, thought it'd be the other way round though?

im doing a mix selection at the mo, 4 plants, 3 look a little under fed, the other has burnt its first set of leaves, im just giving this one root stim, if it starts to yellow then i'll give it some food.

plants are lookin good though, just keep ya eye on there colour, too yellow then up the feed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>