LED GROW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2012 at 19:36
hi uk 1
the result is good, low yield good or better quality weed, spectrum not complete enough, usefull in some (hot) situations, noisy (coolers).
best is imo 400w hps and 4x 50w led in the corners. A combination
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2012 at 21:04
The lifetime of a LED depends on the temperature of the led while burning.
there are 2 types of led lights: with and without cooler. the ones without cooler live about 20-30.000 hrs, the latest LEDS with cooler live 80.000 hrs.
LED with cooler : noise, long life
Led without cooler: short life Especialy the led tl's
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2012 at 08:23
And safety:
the Leds are much safer, no heat (no detection,better environment, less water and food use) and there is no power peak, you dont need a relay / relais,
if you want yield, don't use the LED but hps, if you want quality, try a LED, 1 x 50 watt LED is enough for 50 x 50 cm, i paid 130 euri (eurupiah) for the 50 w. last year.
 edit 13 - 1 2012:
and a picture of a lot of plants under 2 x 50 watts, in the middle of the hot summer 2011. 
for 5 days it was the only lightsource, in a hot period the Leds are use full.

martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2012 at 15:18
I get more and more experienced with the leds..
I have found an explanation why my opinion until today is
Under led better but less buds.
my led light has 50 x 1 watt leds:
10 blue leds and 40 red leds.
this means an overdosis red spectrum and not enough blue spectrum.
Thats why the buds are so very solid , as solid as i have ever seen.The plants are small but the buds very solid, look at the small Jack Flash bud:

you see a very solid endbud. so with some 400 watt hps in the middle can be the perfect combination OR at the end before harvest extra led light, (after the stretch is over) i will keep experimenting, bud the buds are better, so if some one wants to win a cup..you cant without leds.Thats my opinion for this moment.The led is not bad!
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 17:31
Today i was in a ( more than 20 years old ) growshop and i talked about my LED experience , my conclusion is that the growshops are very much bizzy with this subject although they dont sell the equipment yet.
People are trying to find the right mix between the different colors.
Well that mix is quite simple if you have the book : closetgrow written by E Rosenthal.
In this book is a diagram of the colors that are needed!
In my opinion in a few years every one grows under LED with a 2 gram per watt.., i heard this should be possible already, with the right mix.. i have only blue and red.
What is important for the LED builders and buyers is the cooling of the leds, atm leds live up to 80000 hrs, cheap equipment bad ventilation/cooling lasts only 20000 hrs.
And the guy was interested in the price i paid for my 50 watts, So i feel, people are bizzy with it and the growshops will step over in a while..
its just guessing
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 17:50
Hey Martini,

I had a demonstration with a leading LED company, they were explaining how they have come on leaps and bounds in the last year and theres some new tech that will be out later in the year, which will be 30% brighter for the same consumption. That was to do with normal lighting though not grow lights, lol.

So are you still using the hps with the leds?

martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 19:36
Hi Chris!
 Yes i use the hps mostly until the stretch is over and then i give mostly leds its all about finding a balance, i trust the hps still the most, cant without it, or i have to accept  25% yield.
The 80000 hrs is recent news from the radio, i pick up info where i can. ( not true, i am not searching the internet), i am trying to make  the most out of my situation, i have for example an old and ( ofcourse) cheap quality!
The newest have a complete spectrum from far red to ultra violet.
An other interesting thing.......
They work on 12 volt if you want , you can grow in your car too..CarGrow haha
serious, mobile growunits will be the future..or ....not.
My first opinion was : aslong as philips isnt producing these LED things a lot, it cant be ok, but now i understand, its not their corebizniz and they dont want to harm their legal image ofcourse. I dont think Philips will bring a small version to the market or maybe for growing herbs in the kitchen.
this thread might look  a bit loose info but i use it as a notebook.
the 12 volt option.. i didnt talk about this until now, has a huge future. For example i dont need the 230 volt anymore in my house and i will save lots of money.. i hope.
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 15:32
source:Kastwiet /Ed Rosenthal/ first print 1990-91/(closetgrow)
my free interpretation schedule:

martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 17:48
new diagram hps against the wants:
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 17:54
so i start more and more to believe that the blue and red LEDS are as extra lightsource very good but are they enough or should i step over to 2 x 100 watt or more, at this moment i believe my 50 watts are to small to make a difference, i ll keep trying..
dylmadness View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dylmadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 20:46
hi,I read the posts on LED lights ,this is something i have been very interested in, having no mains electric any more.i have had ten years with using metal halide and sodium lights. but now we live in a lovely house but no leccy,we are using deep cycle batteries witch have their limitations.and fuel costs are going through the roof.the low energy use of LED seems to be remarkable e.g. 28 watts equal to 250w sod and 180w equal to 600w.Having read many reviews on LED's they have improved increadibly over the last few yrs. it seems that they can be very affordable but....i would avoid the cheep imports that have high claims.there are proven LED systems,so my plan is to go with the PRO Sourse ufo LED or smaller sister lights.there is hope for a continuos cyle once again I have missed the indoor control ohhhhhhhhhh yes!
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 21:48
Maybe in the futere we make (already) our own energy with solar cells etc.
you can use solar cells under the hps for a fan on 12 volt.
And batteries have improved a lot too!
future is near!
its all about the right spectrum x "lumen"
maybe, my opinion for a good combination is:
1 x 600 hps +
10x 400nm
70x 450nm
80 x 650nm
5x 700nm
this is a 165 watt led + hps theory, 650 nm should be 660 or 650 and 660 and 450 maybe 440 etc.
the leds i use werent the best , i knew this , but my goal was growing behind a window in summer, in combination with the leds this would be a complete spectrum with extra red and blue.
the leds were to bright to use behind the window, so i use the leds for indoor grow, as a lightsource the leds are not powerfull enough, 50 watts is 1 plant is 25% yield is 50x50 cm.
even a 100% better stronger quality would give maybe 50% yield of a normal hps grow..

Even if the leds can make us independent for energy only,
its a giant step forward for mankind!?Or something..
Ugh.
dylmadness View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dylmadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 23:47
i checked out a promo vid on youtube witch was for the prosource ufo 180w LED light i believe, and the results were looking very impressive. ive not the best understandind of lumens ,but do understand the nessecary spectrum in both growth and flower these lights have settings for both stages,the other mention was that the leds provide all the spectrum needed and none of those that arn't like the green end.the life cycle of the lights is around 100,000 hours near 12 years daily use. this has definitely caught my attention i'm looking forward to seeing more results from new endevers.
Toni.ss View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Toni.ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 14:09
Hello Martin

Congratulations, you did very good research%3clap. I already had in mind the acquisition of LED lights to eliminate power consumption and heat. You answered with this research to one or two doubts I had. eg if I add in small amounts HPS lights helped to complement the bud production without stressing the plants. I'm still very new at this%3ceed%20leaf.

Thank you best wishes
Put out my flames with gasoline
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 09:45
hi TonySS !
I keep experimenting ! If you have 1 hps as a basic light source you can use the leds for extra mtr2's ,
There is not much real info available, most info comes from LEDfirms who see a hole in the market , the have NO knowledge about plants but have knowledge about earning fast money.Independent info about leds is almost nowhere..
The test grows i saw where hps growers growing hps style under leds without good results..OFCOURSE!
The plant behaves different, there is no heatpeak under the bulb, it is all different, under leds.Diff stems, diff  leafs, diff buds, diff food scedule diff temp dif hum diff ventilation everything works different, including rooting.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>