LED GROW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LED GROW
    Posted: 08 April 2011 at 11:55
after a few weeks off-line, i am back!
The first results of growing with Led´s ...
First picture showing 4 clones
the 2 clones at the left had 100w led lights (distance 50 cm)after potting, the other two had 600 w hps (1 mtr distance)
the 2 at the right had an advantage of 3 days but then burn..
the led clones had no slowdown. they started to veg immediately!!!
Leds give no heat so you can give them full light from the beginning..
%3c3c3cndefined

btw these plants are Jack Flash # 5.
second picture a jf5 50 days 12-12, the plant was weak at the beginning of the led project, it was a left over clone.
My opinion is that the quality of the buds is better and stronger and more beautiful!
Less weight, but remember in summer when its hot and you use a 600w it will be extreme hot you get less yield with a 600w too!
The white hairs turn into fluo orange under the leds, under 600w they turn light brown,the plants seem less stressed under ledlights.
I experimented with several plants and systems. At this moment the result is for me that its best to flower under 50% 600w and 50% 100w leds ) what i did was
3 hrs 600w + 6 hrs led + 3 hrs 600w = 12 hrs. i guess 50% yield but better quality and it was a few weeks cold so 600w is better then, but in summer definately leds for me,
btw laws are getting worse and leds are more safe, less electricity use.

%3c3c3cndefined
Loads of thc..the plant will give around 10 grams of short cut weed, pot: 3 liter.edit
at the right side a small plant skunk type the pot had 3 plants 1 was a male which i used to cross with JF5 the other one was a bad tasting weed and this one is left over, maybe 1 or 2 grams
i have been away for a few weeks, its impossible to answer all pms and replies in the threads..sorry!!
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
TheDeparted View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 12:45
nice to have u basck martini.
goodluck.
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 15:12
Hi Johnny!!
Winter is over and i have been outside last weeks, nice weather!!
Next weeks i will start with the outdoor project in the outdoor section.
The above plants are for outdoor growing.
I had some problems with my soil i guess, plants stopped growing no roots etc.
Last week i bought new soil, the guy from the shop told me they stopped with the old brand and are now selling a new type soil...
Gold Label / special mix.?.
I have 1 White label White Gold plant rooting but she doesn't look happy after 12 days..
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
TheDeparted View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 15:57
well im sure u will sort her out ok.
looking forward to watching ur grow.
goodluck
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 17:05
good to have you back martini

lol,  i still cant see any pics you post? well maybe the odd one off your other topics but none on here.

intrested in LED's cause there cheap to run, cheap to buy and give off an extra 1 degreeish in heat. pity i cant see ya pics.

they sell the flat panels for about 30 squid on eybay.

cant wait to see if there worth a look in.
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 19:44
Hi Chris!
i changed the pic name maybe you can see them now?
the led grow has positive sides and negative ones but a combination is working best.
for rooting leds, for veg 600w/100w combination i didn't tried to veg yet. All depending on temps outside. I give less water, less ventilation.
i bend the plants horizontal with for head branches it works ok.
i tried  for 5-6 weeks now, with 5 plants each plant a different age height. the first plant had 4 weeks 600w then 50/50 100w&600w for 5 weeks, the next plant 2 weeks 600w and then 7 weeks 100/600 every plant more led and less hps, the quality is better and the yield is less, but in hot summer??In the winter leds is not usefull, i have to give more heat in the room..i work with sunlight too at the moment depending on the weather..
see you all laterss
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 21:05
cool, so you've been giving them light alternate.

yep still can't see your pics, i see a big white box, just no image?
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 07:31
i changed the name of the picture the name was led clone, but in the word clone is the word one and the computer doesnt like that..
The leds give blue and red light, better for clones  instead of tube lights which give daylight.
So i use an old type with 2 colors which is not complete but for over 90% it is ok.
Leds is ok as an extra and in hot summer it will be the main light and give better results than the 600 w hps.For the beginning and for the ending of the grow, first and last 2 weeks leds only is ok. the middle part of growing needs extra spectrum in orange and white, for extra yield, strength. I use 60 % of normal electricity at the moment, its not the costs of the electricity, its the electricitymeter that runs fast, i use alone the same electricity of 3 households..
Dutch law is changing, if they catch a grower with 600w's there is heat and it can cause fire, now the new thing is that, if there is a possibility for fire, they say you bring your neighbours in danger= maximum sentence 15 years!!!Instead of the maximum of 4 years for growing weed!I stepped over just before this new rule , leds dont get warm, less danger..
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 09:49
fire is more dangerous than weed happy to heard you martini.
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
Maasa View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Maasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 14:52
Pics was linked wrong so i felt obligated to insert the right ones %3cmoking

Now i shall read the post :-)

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 15:00
cheers massa, i was blind now i can see.
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 20:40

Thanks for solving the pic problem! MASSA

allo allo
Breizganja!

no news today , just 1 thing my White label White gold is rooted at last! 13 days..
The stem is a little red so a new survival project!

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 20:48
you may wanna have a look in to them aeropropnaters, jp says his clones are rooting quick with it, think red told him to try it.

when i can save up some pennies i'll by myself one, just gotta get the rest of the stuff first.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 21:04

That looks impressive. Very surpised the clone under the 600watt was so small in budsize. I've grown auto aks and auto hindu kush that yielded more outside in the uk. How well was she cared for, fed, ph, ec. All exactly the same as the leds?

I'm still nowhere near convinced leds will outperform hid lights yet. In the furture, but this is the first grow ive seen with such favourable results from the leds. Good on you for doing a side-by-side, need more of them.
Green-Thumb Growing
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 22:44
you all know i had problems with my clones...
its over !!
Maybe the tubelights were not bright enough,i dont know,today i looked at 2 other clones, they are doing very well, for me unbelievable..they make side branches fantastic lets make a picture...
%3c3cndefined
at the left a jack flash#5 at the right a survivester White gold
the jack clone is growing fast in a small pot of 7x7x10 cm
first 2 weeks and last 2 weeks thats where the led is good for and for extra support when its hot.
Important: my leds give only blue and red , is not complete, so i need some 600w hps or sunlight..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>