Help finding strain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Chestertree View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Chestertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help finding strain
    Posted: 04 April 2011 at 18:11
Ello people hope you're all well!

I'm planning a head for next season, and am looking for some help finding the ideal strain based on my situation.

Latitude is 57, so pretty far north. Summers are short, and it can get damp.

I'm looking for a strain that is hardy (Indica/ Indica dominant), mold and disease resistant, that flowers early, and that and that clones well. I've heard that some early flowering strains have a slight tendancy to presex in an 18 hour photoperiod and I want to avoid that.

Any ideas? I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 18:39

G13xskunk, nl5/afghan, the nordle, shit, all will flower in 7-8 weeks save a few phenos in the g13/skunk. The nordle is supposed to be really good and would suit your conditions really well.

I've allready got my order in for mns nl5/haze, the nordle and the z series of fem seeds they are doing. Like a dream come true mns doing a fem veriety.
Green-Thumb Growing
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Chestertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 19:12
Thanks for the advice. How well do these varieties clone? Is there any risk of presexing in an 18 hour photoperiod?
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 21:11
Chestertree if your talking about growing outside at 57 lat I'd stick to Dutch designated outdoor strain's as these have been specially bred for for the Dutch climate, wet/humid and so on. Mr nice breed all there strain's in Switzerland and Spain. I'm not saying their not a great seed bank Shanti/Neville are the farther's of modern cannabis as we know it. In my experiences everything super strength grown outside in climate's like our's has always rotted away almost to nothing to dense or whatever. I'd go with Durban by any seed company as long as its a short flowering one, not as strong as the rest maybe but you'll end up with more bud as a result of this choice.No disrespect solid this is just my opinion.
Peace
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Chestertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 21:59
Originally posted by sicklehand

Chestertree if your talking about growing outside at 57 lat I'd stick to Dutch designated outdoor strain's as these have been specially bred for for the Dutch climate, wet/humid and so on. Mr nice breed all there strain's in Switzerland and Spain. I'm not saying their not a great seed bank Shanti/Neville are the farther's of modern cannabis as we know it. In my experiences everything super strength grown outside in climate's like our's has always rotted away almost to nothing to dense or whatever. I'd go with Durban by any seed company as long as its a short flowering one, not as strong as the rest maybe but you'll end up with more bud as a result of this choice.No disrespect solid this is just my opinion.

Thanks for the help. Durban is a sativa though isn't it? I'm concerned that Durban Poison won't be mold resistant enough, or hardy enough to survive or grow reasonably in the climate i discribed, what do you say to that? Also, Duban doesn't mature the earliest, apparently finishing late sept- early august.

I was originally contemplating using Early Girl, but I've decided to steer clear of it due to apparent problems regarding cloning and presexing in an 18 hour photoperiod.

Early Pearl is a sativa, but I'm concerned it won't be tough enough, although it is mold resistant. I'm also concerned its cloning capabilities.

Early Skunk sounds like a possibility, but apparently it doesn't flower until October, and ground frosts will have begun to occur by that point. I'm not sure about it's cloning abilities, do you have any idea?

Hollands Hope is something I'm seriously considering. It ticks all of the boxes, but I still don't know how good it is for cloning, maybe you have an idea?

Others on the maybe list are: Early Queen, Early Riser, and Manitoba Poison.
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 22:30
Durban in almost all it's cogitations is well acclimatized to the northern climate and is far removed from it's land race root's. Holland's hope is a great plant one of my first ever outdoor grow's. I'm doing early skunk this season but have never grown it before, i have grown passion#1 which from what i've read is almost the same thing, Dutch passion have some great outdoor strain's. sativa's can be hard to clone indica's being easier but suffer from bud rot.It's a bit like suck it and see,find something that work and add to it. I've grown my own strain for 8 years now which is holland's hope / friesion dew /skunk#1 cross and some are monster's and some are more sativa but all finish by oct 15th this year i've decided to expand the gene pool.

The fact of the mater is if it wasn't for a byes legal system we would all be able to grow and develop our own acclimatized strain which would become in tune with it's environment eventually.    
Peace
 Post Reply Post Reply