Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EarlyGirl
    Posted: 21 March 2011 at 20:14
So its that time of year again%3chumbs%20Up and this year im growing Earlygirl,really looking forward to seeing how these do outdoors in Ireland.I started 5 seeds in jan of those 1 didnt germ at all and another grew a twisted root from the shell which i broke trying to straighten it out.Out of the remaining 3 i got 2females 1male.

I took a few clones from one female and put the mother into flower indoors,those clones have rooted and are in veg,ill plant them out first week in april.The other female was a bit behind the first,i took some clones of it today and put the seed plant out in the garden.Its probably a bit early to put it outside but the weather is good at the minute and its not as cold at night as it has been.Anyway i hadnt much choice as the plant is to big for my veg room,it already has a burnt leaf from touching the lamps!

We had a small bit of snow at end of march last year but i dont think its likely to happen this year and if it does im fairly sure the plant will be able to survive through it,if not ive some clones to replace it.

I'll update again when i plant out the clones and probably once  or twice a month till flowering starts.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
TheDeparted View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 22:23
looking good alecky!
will be very intrested in this grow and i hope shes a belter m8!
as im sure it will be%3chumbs%20Up
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 02:30
An equinox babe... I don't know how quickly your days lengthen, but if I did that here at the spring equinox, she would go straight into flower and then revert to vegetative growth about 5-6 weeks later.

I'm interested to see how she does in the Irish spring so I hope you'll update more than monthly. What sort of temperature range to you have atm?
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 02:48
Hi Sarah Lou I was thinking that may happen and the short answer to your question is I'm not sure!! Last week it was around 10c in day going to -4c some nites, over weekend temps have picked up, 16c today 8c right now! We getting just about 13 hrs daylight and it usually gets longer very quickly, exactly how much I don't know but I'll keep an eye on it. Clocks go forward next week.

I hope it will be ok! Had no choice but to put it out i have no room indoors.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 12:13
There may be some unusual growth at first, but I think it will progress normally overall. Although the days just hit 12hrs in length, they are getting quite a bit longer every day.
The further north you are, the more extra minutes of light per day you get.

Outdoor (and wild) strains frequently germinate before the equinox, and grow normally, even though their early days are short. Most such plants seem to kept from going into flower too early because, as they're photosensitive, they register that the short days are getting longer each day.

There's also the 'grow!' imperative of seed plants that have been vegetating for less than 3 months (discussed many other places on the forums). Clones and older seed plants might show some flowering growth if put out around the equinox, but they should also revert quite easily as spring progresses.

I'm still learning about outdoor growing in the north, so please keep us posted.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 02:10
Originally posted by alecky

I hope it will be ok! Had no choice but to put it out i have no room indoors.

Well, if you have no room, you have no room. Very interested to see what happens.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 21:16
Thanks the intrest people!! So we getting 12hrs 55mins of light at the moment, this is from my own observations, not from the interweb or anything!! The plant is doing fine so far, doesn't seem to have any adverse reactions to being put outside, it's even grown a bit. I think the days are going to get longer quite quickly, I'll stay up again after work next week to see what time it gets bright at.

The clones are doing fine, after transplanting them from the bubbler into pots of soil on Monday, they have roots poking out end of pots already. I'm aiming to have them in the ground by second week in April at the latest. I'm going to grow 4 plants, 3clones and the seed plant pictured. The clones are from another female flowering indoors.
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 22:42
are you going to let that plant grow as is?? any training??? that is going to be some size at the end of the season lol nice thread alecky i will be lurking
ANDWHAT
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 05:43
Not sure yet munzy,ill decide as i go along.Ill leave it as it is for a while then probably start topping it on every branch and see what happens!!!.The one i grew last year was huge, about 4ft wide and 4ft tall bush,ill more than likely go down that road again.If i can that is!!
dacca1 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote dacca1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 11:05
Nice to see a early girl grow best of luck with her.
Bloom as often as you can
monsenor View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote monsenor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 15:20
Any good suggestions for a feminised seed which won't grow too tall outdoors in the UK?
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 10:24
Early Skunk is the only fem seed in our collection that would be able to grow outside in the UK.

Personally, I'd go for a non-fem strain for outdoor UK growing.
Early Girl
Early Pearl
Early Skunk
Durban
Ruderalis Skunk
Jamaican Pearl

Early Girl would be the shortest of these strains, but be aware that outdoor plants usually end up a lot bigger than indoor plants due to their long growing phase.

To keep outdoor plants shorter, they can be left in a relatively small pot (>10lt) , which will restrict their root size and the size of the plant as a whole. They can also be bent, trained, pruned or even started later in the year.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 06:25
We have been getting unusually good weather here for past couple of weeks and the EG is all the better for it so far.Seems to have adapted to outside conditions no problem and is growing well,no signs of it going into flower,but we are getting more than 13hrs daylight now and the days are getting longer fairly quickly.

Ive planted out some seeds in veg bed too,potatoes,parsnips,swede,carrots and scallions. I hope they grow well cause they are part of the camouflage i have in mind for the EG!!

Magpies are making a nest in the trees at the bottom of garden,i think its a bit unusual because the trees are only about 14ft tall,i thought they built there nest high up? There are a lot of cats around too and i regularly see them stalking birds in those trees. Most people i tell about it tell me to get rid of the nest cause the magpies are little feckers but i think its great,and i cant help thinking these 2 are slightly retarded building it there in the first place!

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 10:39
Nice, you'll need to tie that EG down pretty low to hide her behind the carrots(lol). I'd leave the magpies to do their thing, poor little buggers need somewhere to nest in the human sprawl.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 05:53
Yeah it will need a lot of bending to hide behind the carrots alright smart arse!!%3cmile But i am hoping the spuds will grow tall enough to hide it a bit from one side.Only time will tell!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>