Am i ready to harvest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
marty12345 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am i ready to harvest
    Posted: 19 March 2011 at 20:03
Hi guy & gals,
I have a white widow & a northern light that are in flower 6 weeks yesterday ive noticed some of the hairs on the buds on both plants are turning brown im just wondering do i need to do anything at this stage they are hardly ready to harvest yet are they ??????????
I am also very very keen to try some of my bud out these plants have had a strange life ( long story 1st grow) will i get any idea of what my bud will be like if i dry out a bud and skkoke it????????????
cheers guys.....
stinkysticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stinkysticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 20:37
Hey marty, you could get an idea by quick drying some buds,now, but i advise you to wait at least a couple more weeks, or until there are between 70and80% brown hairs. More if u wanna get really stoned.

If u are patient enough, they will get fatter and more potent. If u wanna quick dry maybe u won't stop at one single bud, thus stressing the plant and yielding less. I've been through that and i regret it. Patience is virtue %3cink

Peace!
"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself."
Bob Marley
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stinkysticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 20:40
Oh, and you'll have no true taste if u quick dry it.
Bob Marley
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 22:48
Cheers for advice man,
Is that 70-80% of the lenath of the hairs or %age of hairs all over the bud.
I cant wait to try my bud iv been trying sence sep the 17th 2010 its my first crow
im just gonna have to try one bud man................ how should i dry it out ? 
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stinkysticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 23:07
70-80% brown colored hairs from all of them (the entire plant).

%3cmile Well, u have many options. 2 of them: you can hang it at a safe distance from the stove fire ( so it wouldn't burn your hand after keeping it half a min. above) or put it on the radiator. That's only if you're in a hurry. It ruins the taste and the thc but it will have some effect. If you're patient for about 3 or 4 days (maybe less), cut a small bud, keep it in a dark, well ventilated (not straight on it), non humid environment.

You've been growing the exact same plants from 17th sep. 2010?? That's a reallly long time. Post some pics if u can. I'm curious what giants u have.
Bob Marley
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2011 at 12:43

These plants ive 5 of them were planted in a ready mixed soil on the advice of a friend, because it was my first grow i wanted to make it handy for myself (bad idea) it was a jhon innes no 3 soil and the soil was not suitable it was only when i got some pics up on here you guys put me stright i was slowly chocking the plants so i got my act together regarding soil mixs and replanted on dec 30th 2010 & to my suprize they took of greatly bar one. so i then left them in veg for another month & then put to flower there doing realy well i think.... ill post some pics later i also have 2 babys coming along a white skunk & a ak47 they are now 6 weeks old in veg and not looking to big ill throw some pic of them aswell

G.A. View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling
Gone Away

Quote G.A. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2011 at 15:19
quick dry a true taste???sorry wrong. never get a true taste by a quick dry.
read your trichs not the hairs. lots of issues can cause them to turn but the true reading is the trichs as thats where the cannabinoids are, not on the hairs. amber knotting hairs can be a sign but the true way is trichs
growing since sept, must be huge by now with the long veg
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2011 at 17:34
gald to hear you'll be croping soon marty.

as has been said if you take a nugget off now it wont be as strong or as nice tasting.

Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2011 at 22:42
marty id get some pics on
to me another week or two depending
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2011 at 23:30
Thanks for advies fellow smokers
here are some pics
i had lots of probe with these girls luck there still alive 
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2011 at 23:43
these girls are 45 days on 12/12, 1 white widow 1 northern light
i have no hand lens yet so what is best way to tell when there ready
im giving 1 liter every 2nd day with a ph of 6.6
humidity mostly at 30% or less im not giving any nutriants cos i put a little fertilizer in my soil mix 
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2011 at 23:45
forgot to ask how dose my little white skunk look it 6 weeks old 
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 00:08
none of the plants are ready yet mate, and i wouldn't pick a bud off any of them.
1st pics is a good few weeks off, second looks more ripe, but i think she need a few more weeks as well.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stinkysticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 00:33
White skunk? 6 weeks of veg.? It looks pretty small for that time and ruderalis-like. No side branches... It doesn't look like worth keeping. Is it a second or third generation seed plant, by any chance? I tried it out once and it grew straight up, no high either.

The one in the 5th pic looks best. If you're that anxious u can try it out, but i agree with mellowchris. It looks like it needs at least 3 more weeks of flowering.
Bob Marley
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 00:35
sorry when i said 1st and 2nd pic, i ment 1st and 2nd plant.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>