Misformed flowers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Misformed flowers
    Posted: 09 October 2005 at 17:49
Hello,

my plant, not of a Sensi strain AFAIK, produced calixes which do not released the stigmata. When the tip of the stigma began to brown, the calix began to rot. The rot spread to the buds. Is this common? Do I need to remove these flowers?

Uli
FunkyFarmers View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote FunkyFarmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 18:20
Picture(s) ?
Friends of Cannabis
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 16:25
Hey Funkies,

no pictures. Did you never see it?

Uli
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 14:17

Originally posted by Grasso

Hello,

my plant, not of a Sensi strain AFAIK, produced calixes which do not released the stigmata. When the tip of the stigma began to brown, the calix began to rot. The rot spread to the buds. Is this common? Do I need to remove these flowers

I've heard of this happening with outdoor plants, but it's not common. Are yours growing outside?

You should remove any rotting or fungus-infected parts of the plant as soon as you see them, before the rot can spread. Be as careful as possible when removing, as damaging plant tissues an leave them more prone to fungus.

Unpasteurised, unhomogenised milk makes a great fungicide when mixed 1:1 with water. Even treated, store-bought milk can have a good effect. Still, you probably don't even want to get milk on youtr plants once thet're well into flowering (THC/resin can dissolve in fat).

If you're growing inside, try to keep your humidity below 40% in flowering.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 12:55
It worked out well because the plant was strong enough. A funny plant hemp is! Next year I will care even more for her daughter.

Uli
 Post Reply Post Reply