Industrial Hemp > Sensi Seeds > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sign the petition against coffeeshop restrictions! - Event Date: 21 December 2010 - 01 March 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2011 at 16:51
Does any residents have some info regarding this? Whats the latest then guys??

Bowen
Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 11:42

I have a feeling this proposed discrimination against EU citizens is unlikely to take effect in Amsterdam.

The Mayor has openly stated that he thinks it's a bad idea, because it’ll drastically decrease Dam's most important industry - tourism - and increase criminal activity, since many tourists will still come to the city seeking cannabis.

Some border towns will take the opportunity to be stupid (see comment from ‘visitor’, below) and discourage the 'criminal element' (generally harmless border-hopping Germans), but Iit seems unlikely that tourists will really be prevented from buying cannabis in Amsterdam coffeeshops any time soon.

One of the main reasons giving this legislation so much publicity is that the christian government wants to look like it’s tough on the cannabis 'problem', but even they are not dumb enough to throw away a billions of euros in tourist cash each year. For them, it’s better to act tough without actually doing  too much.

Other examples of Amsterdam opting out of new laws that impede the tourist industry: the ban on magic mushrooms – which is not enforced in Amsterdam (partly due to the Mayor's objections); the ban on tobacco smoking indoors (whether mixed with cannabis or by itself) - largely ignored after a few months of compliance.

Dam is quite resistant to sudden change.

For the record, cannabis seeds are most likely to remain legal in Holland and most of the EU for a long time to come!

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 14:58
I have to say though when i was over in April it looked a helluva lot cleaner with not asmany dudes saying "pssssssst, coca!! XTC!!" lol. So banning alot of the main buyers who frequent the shops is a pretty sure fire way to bring these assholes back!....And i simply dont think any city needs that.

I was thinking that the amount of revenue going through those shops would be unbearable to lose, even a small percentage would be a major dent i would say.

As for the tobacco, yes you're right almost everywhere I went was happy to let you skin up but there were the few exceptions where it was simply not allowed. Managed to find a nice wee shop called the Tribe. Was like being back there in 2005 :) Pretty much anything went in there. Pints, joints with tobacco and I could buy from the budbox. As Charlie Sheen would say...............WINNING

Bowen
Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
weegee View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 23:24
im embarrassed to admit it nut ive never been to the dam %3cry

im going to have to get my ass in gear, the thought of sitting in an enviroment where im not considered a criminal for smoking a joint appeals to me in a big way.

i want to see the day when we can walk into a cafe in the uk and get some grade-A hash.  now there is a street party i would attend.  (i can dream)

sry a little off topic

snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 00:07
i just think about that its a pity cause in the usa where the ban of cannabis as medicne and as drug begun they have now better laws than as example in switzerland where ten years ago all was good...and now amsterdamm is the next point of cannabis authority theyre going to put down...its a shame...
its not very intelligent...foreign people will buy their stuff from side street dealers or ask an netherland guy to go buy for them and some criminals will make many money...i think every tourist pay 10£ when someone is going to buy them 5gr of hash or weed...so there will be a lot of guys who will buy for foreigners and make theyre money....not a bad job...if a tourist pay 5 or 10 £ for a buy its a greagt job and foreign tourist still be able to smoke...
too if they might been able to ban all tourism actions and stop side street dealers those will visist other countrys as example spain to by theyre stuff...in spain you get a lot of marrocan hash and its easy to there

some people may say they will not can do but swiss people told same 10 years ago and look at the situation there...99% of shops theyre closed and the rest isnt selling anything not even seeds...it can happen very fast if the government wants it...be aware
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 11:13
True, Switzerland did shut down their blossoming cannabis industry quite thoroughly.

It's worth noting that it wasn't as old and entrenched as the Dutch cannabis industry, so it was probably somewhat easier to shut down.

Then again, so much has been restricted here in NL over the last 15 years or so, that they may be trying to take things to the same level as Switzerland.

Still, I think Amsterdam/NL makes more of its income through tourists than Switzerland, so maybe that will hold off really unpleasant changes for a while longer.
numbnuts66 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote numbnuts66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 21:39
The situation in Switzerland has driven the booming weed trade back underground but belive me it is booming there.The problem with most EU countries is that they are run by centre-right governments that feel they are the moral savoiurs of us all, therefore the thought of the decriminalization of weed would be aporent to them.
The truth is though that by taking this action and allowing the free usage of weed, not only would it increase the government coffers by millions of pounds/euros every month through sales tax from us(the smoker) income tax from the thousands of people employed in the retail/commercial side plus annual liecense fees from growers and sellers.
The other major plus to this plan would be to take tens of millions of said pounds/euros straight out of the hands of organised crime in a blink of an eye, allowing them to better target their efforts on breaking these syndicates.
By stopping back street dealers to take away that first line to hard drugs(smoking dope will not make you a junkie, only wrong choices will).
I fear that this vision is only that, a vision. But hey who knows what tomorrow will bring, so sit back,relax with you girl and fire up that cone. Keep The Faith%3co%20high
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 16:24
Will be there from the 19-22 of august. I'm very excite!
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
CaveDog19 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote CaveDog19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2011 at 10:06
Anymore news on this, been looking around and from what ive been reading the south of Netherlands is going to start to whole ban on non locals and then next year start the ban for the rest of the country. Im hoping for a trip in Feb time after the Christmas expenses are done with, am i going to be disappointed ?

I really dont get it the comments i read are that the "drug tourism" has turned a once nice amsterdam into a seedy dirty place full of low lifes, but on all 3 of my visits ive never seen any police, no trouble has kicked off, streets are SOOOOOO much more cleaner then anywhere in my dam country and the people in general are much nicer. I really dnt get what the issue is ?
Joatmofa View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Joatmofa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 09:40
I don't think it will count as i live in England, but i signed it anyway. I hope it all works out.%3clunt
Joatmofa! 
Joatmofa View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Joatmofa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 09:55

No, you shouldn't be. As i understand it, if these new regulations do come into power, they will be in force from March/April, so Feb should be fine. Hoping to get out there myself.%3c3c3c3clunt
Try something other than s**t bar henna and beeswax, lol.

Joatmofa!%3c3coving%3c20it

Toni.ss View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Toni.ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 23:11
Hello people%3cug

Even in the Netherlands I'm already considered a "criminal." lol
Where I for the first and only time in my life I felt free and free from smoking a joint of cannabis in a public place (Maastricht). I thought this would be the future I wanted for my country. But the power of "dark forces" that control the truth, will and freedom of human beings for profit always comes to prevail.
Nothing I can do, nor can I join in the petition unfortunately%3cnhappy.
Well by what I read in May 2012 is over ... I hope that Amsterdam is left out.

Greetings to all
  Toni
mrwiggy View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote mrwiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 23:03
hi peeps.

hows this law going? i heard recently that amsterdam could set its own soft drugs policy. is this true? if so does this mean tourists can still buy weed there. ive been to the dam over 20 times & love it. so if this ban is enforced then i will actually cry!!

peace all, Mrwiggy
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 10:40
The 'weed pass' was quietly scrapped in the last month or two.

It went from 'at the discretion of local government' to 'no longer a policy'.

It remains to be seen whether Maastricht will drop the weed pass they already have in place. But it's not coming to Amsterdam in the foreseeable future.
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 10:47
thank fudge for that it really would have been a step backward and cant believe the open minded dutch let it get as far as it did. there maybe a trip on the cards for me in the next few months celebrate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12