Here goes-White widow DWC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 15:32
Hello i hope everyone is good.
Well after been in the soil for over 2 weeks one of the skunk 1# has decided to put in a appearance i had given up all hope but just left it in there any way.
After having zero success with germinating my last 8 sensi seeds i bought some Female seeds feminised Big bud x white widow,All 4 seeds cracked and had enough tap root for me to plant them into rock wool after 36 hours and are now in a propagator,I need to get my finger out and show these babies the careful attention to detail they require,God knows how much i am looking forward to taking clones off these [thats if they make it] as i have had a belly full of germination problems.
I in no way blame sensi for my problems as it is probably down to me being so hap hazard during the whole process.
I hope the skunk 1# makes it as i really want a mother for cloning off her and i will also be keeping a mother of the Big Bud X White Widow so fingers crossed they all pull through.
All have a good weekend
Live and let live
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2014 at 23:47
how did this turn out 1966?
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 21:28
Hello Billy i hope everything is good with you.
The skunk 1# didnt make it.
Only 3 of the big x white widow survived and 2 are now at 28 days 12/12 and 1 is at 7 days all in DWC,i decided against keeping a mother as i have had terrible problems with them.
My ph kept dropping from 6ish to below 4 over night and i dont understand why this was happening as i have never had a problem with maintaining a good ph through veg and flower apart from with these.
I have 5 white label white skunk on the go and are 14 days from the seeds cracking and they are coming along nicely all in soil,the plan is to keep the best as a mother for clones and the remaining 4 i intend to try my first scrog as i always keep trying new growing methods.
I will post some photos up tomorrow of the plants i have on the go at the moment so you can see for your self.
Have a good day
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 23:12
are you using tap water, what nutes you using. sorry if you mentioned this already but im tired and not able to re thru the thread. just doing some investigating for you ;)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 23:13
what are your res temps? have you enough dissolved oxygen. root rot ? these things seem to keep popping up
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 23:31
1 watt of air pump per 3.7L of water in your res?
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2014 at 12:01
Hello Billy as promised some photos.
All roots are nice and healthy looking and i am using tap water as i have always done without issue.I always let the new res water stand for at least 48 hours before changing it to get the temp up but i dont know the actual temp of it.I am using advanced nutes and have two 2 inch air stones in each bucket.
These are female seeds big bud x white widow at 28 days 12/12 today and me being me i have been trying a little LST.PH is now under control and barely alters since they have gone to 12/12

7 days of 12/12 and as you will notice there was a bit of a mishap which resulted in damage to the centre but i have tried to fix it with a cable tie and tape.

These are the white label white skunk at 14 days from the tap root appearing.I did not have enough small pots so had to put one into a 3 litre one but she is doing the best of the five as you can see.

As always any advice or comments are always appreciated.

All have a good weekend
Live and let live
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2014 at 12:09
advice hmmmm

keep doing what your doing,
they look great.
Peace
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2014 at 12:16
Hello Mr sickle i hope you are well.
The amount of hassle i have had trying to get the BBXWW to just survive has been truly testing.
So i will be glad to get back with sensi's sister companys strains.
You have a good weekend.
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2014 at 13:14
thats good news about the ph:)

im sure once the ph problem got sorted you have everything under control. keep it up :)
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2014 at 23:46
All these problem variables can be negated by growing in MP compost kp. White skunk is looking good however, what's the medium?
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2014 at 11:31
Hello HD i hope all is good with you.
The white skunk are just in a blend of different composts i had kicking about.
I transplanted one into dwc as it was way behind the others and when i did this there was barely any root on her,shes been in the dwc for a few days and is starting to pick up and develop a healthier looking root system.

Heres the white skunk at 21 days

These are the female seeds big bud x white widow at 40 days 12/12 so a couple of weeks to go

And this is a female seeds big bud x white widow at 21 days of 12/12

The idea is to clone the white skunk and try my first scrog with them in DWC and also try some super cropping on the scrog as well.
Soil is so much easier as you say but in comparison to hydro it is so slow of course that is when things are going right.
You have a good day.
Live and let live
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2014 at 00:40
I bet that bbxww that's almost ready is keenly anticipated '66. Not much stalk showing anywhere, another 2 weeks will fill the spaces.  Keep experimenting with stuff to your hearts content mate but if you really need weed soil's the safest route.

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2014 at 10:58
Sweet looking plants 1966!

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2014 at 12:30
Hello HD.
Your right about the anticipation on the BBXWW i hope its a nice smoke after all the trouble i've had with them.
I'm not expecting much off them but i have struggled so much with them it beggars belief.I hope the last one of them will give a better yeild as she seems to have been the best of the bunch and is developing quite a thick stem on her for such a small plant.
You have a good day.

Thanks Sarah i hope all is good down under and your back isn't giving you much grief.
You have a nice day.
Live and let live
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>