Here goes-White widow DWC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 10:28
I have just cracked the last 2 of the 5 seeds i had in a different tissue than the previous 3 and they have cracked in less than 24 hours so another lesson learned.
Thanks for the advice sarah.
This is the first of probably a dozen seeds i have cracked were i have had any issues and i certainly hope its the last.
Good morning Schwarzenegger,My father in law is a retired botanist who for the last 15 years or so has germinated seeds in all manner of ways but has completely given over using soil as he says he achieves nearly 100% germination compared to about 80% growing all manner of plants and vegetables.
All have a good weekend
Live and let live
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 11:15
It's hardly a "wacked out hippy of doing things" Schwarzenegger.

Hippies plant their seeds in the dirt according to how much we can see of the moon's face... I know this because my mother was a hippy. I'm definitely not.

Tissues and plates is Sensi's recommended method for germinating cannabis seeds.

What is the best way to germinate cannabis seeds?

Different people make different choices about grow techniques and I personally welcome people sharing techniques that work for them, but it would be nice if it could be done without the insults.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Schwarzenegger View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 12:28
seeds dry out quickly if placed too hot

and the transplant is a delicate thing

if I am in a hurry , and have 300+ seeds to germinate , i mix the seeds with soil, moisten the whole, ut it in a ziplock bag, and place in a warm area

When compared to the tissue method, I see quicker more vigourous growth with seeds that have been germinated in soi.

Soil is IMHO the easiest way of growing , form germination to hash

"New shit has come to light, man" -the big Lebowski
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 12:29
besides , I dont know a single respectable grower using the tissue method.
and there;s quite a few here in the netherlands

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 12:40
300+ seeds is that all?

[QUOTE=Schwarzenegger] seeds dry out quickly if placed too hot and the transplant is a delicate thing if I am in a hurry , and have 300+ seeds to germinate , i mix the seeds with soil, moisten the whole, ut it in a ziplock bag, and place in a warm area When compared to the tissue method, I see quicker more vigourous growth with seeds that have been germinated in soi.Soil is IMHO the easiest way of growing , form germination to hash

You have a good weekend
Live and let live
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 21:49
yeah , thats the biggest batch i ever tried to germinate.
It was a 30 year old batch of caramelflavoured sativa ,and i knew the germination rate would be very low...

only 7 sprouted.....

another smaller batch done with a home made druban cross had neer 100% germination rate , all with just a baggy of soil.

using tissues is a risk
why take it?

I'm just a passionate amateur
I learned that plantcount is sometimes invertedly related to the amount of experience one can gain.
The bigger your grow, the less you can focus on plants, the more maintenance you got...up untill the point you pay another peso to cut the bud you grow..
Cutting open buds taught me more than reading growreports...

you have a good weekend too , dude
J.B. Walton View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote J.B. Walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 21:51
My friend schwarzenegger is becoming a father within a few weeks..
He is in stress.. becoming the fathership isnt nothing..
Its one of the best moments in life!
So my thoughts are with you schwarzenegger..
I hope for a boy.. with my name !
Have a good weekend all!!!
NEW HASH PICTURES In the photogallery!them. New law march 2015: if you have a grow question then send me a private message.
I will give no grow info in public anymore.
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 21:54
yer right
stress

i need a smoking room , or the wind to lay down , so i can properly get stoned on my balcony...
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 13:55
germinating between plates on tissue works just fine, dont slate a perfectly good way of doing things just because your friends say so. once it works for you just do it ..

1966 any pics of your set up ?
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 14:17
Hello billy i hope everything is good with you.
I dont have any pics but there is obviously something that is dramatically effecting my germination and seedling growth.
The seeds cracked once i used tissue rather than kitchen roll but still are really struggling to climb up out of the compost.
I have done all my previous seeds the same way in the past and had no problems at all,The tissue issue i put down to the fact that the kitchen roll is made from recycled paper so god knows what if any chemicals were used in that process but i think it definitely was the cause of the problem.
At the moment i just have a sorry looking seedling struggling for life.
Gonna give it a week and take it from whatever position i find myself in.
Usually 2 weeks after the seeds have cracked i have some nice little healthy plants on the go,This is really frustrating to say the least.
Oh by the way congratulations Schwarzenegger on your up coming birth and i wish you and your family health wealth and happiness.
Any suggestions billy on what you think the problems i am having could be due to? as always any help or advice is always very much appreciated.
All have a good day
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 14:54
after they germinate are you putting them straight into soil? is the soil to rich? what size container?

are you still having that fungal problem you were discussing with sarah ? it must be frustrating after growing before then getting stumped germinating seeds. i know how you feel ;)

pictures would be a great help.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 15:28
just after reading over the thread again, like the advice you got before pot size maybe an issue. when seedling are in to big a pot slow growth over watering can be issues.

since your going hydro would it not be better starting them off in rockwool or some other hydro medium?
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 15:38
Hello billy and thanks for the reply.
Yep after about 3 or 4mm of root then into the soil and its the same soil i have always used which is aimed at seeds and seedlings.
They are in 0.3 litre pots and as regards the fungal problem i dont know,and yes it is so frustrating its beyond belief as as far as i am concerned i am not doing anything differently to what i usually do.
They are in the exact same environment as usual and as for photos theres nothing to see other wise i would post some up.the one seedling is now wilted and is laid flat.
I have spent £50 on seeds and not one has made it beyond 2 weeks
Skint now with xmas and having two young kids to sort prezzies for,I hope there is a santa and he brings me a few clones as this seed problem has really done my head in.
I always had clones on the go but we were looking into fostering so i just flowered everything but then it turned out we could not foster hence the new seeds.
Gutted.
You have a good weekend
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 16:22
yes its strange how the same system you always have used is not working this time.same thing has happened to me aswell. its hard for me to help you, you probably know more then i do. since your using soil for seedlings is there enough nutes in it? clutching at straws here.

my very first grow i ran into similar problems with seedlings not growing, that time it was down to over watering and pots been to big. but the pots i was using are hell of alot bigger then the one your using.

i popped 13 seeds last week and at the moment there pretty crap looking they stretched have purple stems, the leaves are a light yellow colour. im not to worried i know they will come right.

ye xmass is expensive enough with out having to worry about extra crap, i hope it all works out for you and your family :)
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 17:14
Cheers billy
I have been clutching at straws and praying for a miracle but i think i have more chance of winning the lottery.
I doubt very much i know a tenth of what you do as I've only been growing for two years,My biggest problem is that i do not know anyone else that grows who i could get some seeds or clones off,I will just have to wait for the new year to buy some more seeds and try and figure out were i have gone so terribly wrong with these.
Anyone in the uk fancy donateing to a very worthy cause?

Have a good weekend all
Live and let live
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>