Here goes-White widow DWC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here goes-White widow DWC
    Posted: 25 August 2013 at 16:46
Hello all i hope everyone is hunky dory.
Not been here posting for a while had a lot going on.
Just ordered some white label white widow feminised and cannot wait to get them cracked and growing.
Heard a lot of good things about this strain so i hope i can do her justice.
I will update once i have them up and running.
All have a good day
Live and let live
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2013 at 22:37
Hi kp, good luck with the new grow.

May your buds be large and resinous.

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2013 at 11:11
Hello HD i hope all is good with you.
For one reason and another only just getting round to these now and am having a bit of trouble straight off.
Cracked 2 with paper towel method and planted them into compost with the plan being to transplant into DWC later.
Both grew but one withered and died within a week and the other one just is not growing what so ever.
They are under 1 x 105w 6400k 1 x 105w 2700k bulbs as have all my previous grows which have all seemed to do fairly well.
Just dont know what is going on with the little critters,
Any ideas as to why she seems to be stuck in time would be much appreciated.
All have a good day.
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2013 at 00:12
Hey '66, sorry to hear of your problems.

I had one that stopped growing in early infancy this year. I put it down to bad planting ie first attempt in went in upside down so I had to fish it out again and set it upright. How was your transfer, smooth? 

Delicate things are sprouted seeds
http://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/548104_10152151625070187_549292799_n.jpg

Or they could just be duff seeds. Get another couple cracked and let's get this show on the road.

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 11:34
Hello HD i hope you are well.
As you can see from this very poor quality photo after nearly 3 weeks she is still growing but painfully slowly.
Just now starting to see a tiny little improvement.
Was hoping to have her finished for xmas but that is looking very unlikely.Tempted to stick her under hps at a good distance to see if that would help her along but as there is a slight improvement i think i will leave her a week and see what happens.
Sorry about the photo but it was taken on my phone which has a poor camera.
Any suggestions as to what the problem could be and what to do about it would be more than welcome.
All have a nice weekend
Live and let live
SuperDuper View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote SuperDuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 15:33
Hi 1966 i have one question what kind of soil do you use coz look strange in picture end do not use HPS buy CFL 6500K to weg. end i think u have to big pot
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 15:59
Hello Super i hope everything is good on mars.
It is under a CFL and in a general multi purpose compost which i have grown in from just about day one without any problems.
She is in a 0.75 litre pot.
You have a nice weekend.
Live and let live
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote SuperDuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 16:18
the pot is to big i use for start 0.2 end biobizz light mix soil end biobizz nut. the plant need to build roots first thats why shee dont grow so fast
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 19:26
Keep tending it of course kp, but I'd still get some more seeds on instead of waiting to see if it recovers.

It looks very much like the one I had. It struggled on, even producing tiny sets of leaves but for whatever reason it's tap root didn't happen and the thin net of roots that it did produce couldn't sustain anything other than a tiny, scrawny plant. New growth would be green but it had to feed on earlier leaves.

Why this happens I'm not sure but it's most likely the conditions in the growing medium.

ps A big hello and welcome back to my favourite ever martian %3congue
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote SuperDuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 16:08
Hello HD I had a little break one year breeak :) but i started a new setup i will post it soon end i have outdor hervest now but only one plant Shiva skunk so i will update the picture ass well bestregards 1966 end HD
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 12:40
Well to say i am cheesed off is a under statement.All 3 seeds have been a complete disapointment.
2 cracked but did very little growth before withering away and the third did not crack.These are the first seeds i have had a problem with so just ordered 5 skunk 1 feminised so this diary s a non starter just like my seeds,BOO HOO BOO HOO, Gutted was really looking forward to growing this strain.
All have a good day
Live and let live
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2013 at 11:12
Sorry to hear you had trouble with germination 1966. It sounds to me like "damping off"... a fungal infection that kills seedlings.

Fingers crossed for you that the skunk#1's have a better run of things.

Cheers, sara %3ceed%20leaf
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2013 at 15:16
Thanks sarah louise.
I dont know what the problem is but im also having a little trouble cracking the skunk#1 i am beginning to think it might be something to do with the tissues i am cracking them in,the seeds seem to go white in colour and when they cracked the root was a light brown rather than white.
You have a good day
Live and let live
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 01:07
Yep, that sounds like fungal problem.

I usually used disinfectant wipes instead of tissues... rinse them well and then use the usual way. Might help?
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Schwarzenegger View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 07:50
using towels and tissues for germninating leaves an unnecessary risk: why not plant in the medium straight away?
You have no ideal how fragile the roots of a freshly sprouted seeds are have you?

best to just get a low-nute soil, make a smal dent in the middle (2 cm deep) and place a soaked seed in it .
you can pre soak seed for 24 hours to speed up the germination slightly , ad soften the seedshell.
cover the seed with soil and tap on soil slightly to make sure the seed has to work a little to get out, and loose the shell in the process.
eventually you will end up with clean compact greatgroing seedlings.

having to get them out of the tissue or towel and plant em in soil wis really a good recipe for fuck ups, excuse the language.

I feel N00bs have to be told the correct and classic way , not some wacked out hippy way of doing things.
but thats just my feeling ey?
%3clown

"New shit has come to light, man" -the big Lebowski
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>