clones in rockwool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2010 at 11:46
%3c3cndefined
clone left is clone 1, clone right is clone 2 in the middle clones 3&4  
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2010 at 09:17
In the last month nov '10 i started on the forum, i have seen many problems ,tried to solve them.
1 problem is very common in growing and that is: to much
to much water, to much food. (the grower wants that the plant feels well, so a little extra this and that..)
Cloning: many people give to much water..
A clone has no roots, she cant drink, she needs to stand wet in the rockwool, but not maximum. Water is important but more in the form of 80% humidity, my clones stand free from the bottom, they dont touch the bottom water.
While they stand in roomtemperature the water feels cold, this slows the rootingproces..

Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2010 at 09:07
Still no life to see..12 days.. pffff
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2010 at 22:19

why not import some clonex gel?or buy at different shop cause I think this is much better than the powder

martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2010 at 23:11
yeah, the powder is nothing..i have to improve my system, its not working.. 12 days not one root..they show a slowdown that i normaly will throw the clones away.. i wait a little, have no new mother yet.. EDIT i have some ideas with the aqua airbubble system if the airbubbles make a higher humidityit will solve the problem.. the problem is the greenhouse.it should be 80% humidity, but in combination with ventilation, the humidity goes down, air bubbles could make more water drops in the air..I should have cut the leafs shorter, and the mother was not perfect.. etc.
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 00:37
my clones in rockwool rooted quicker
are you sprayin the leafs with water?
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 03:29
yes i did, if necesary, if they stand right up i dont , but if they start to hang i spray..
they stand above water, they stand not dry,i refreshed the water under the plants 3x, i sprayed a little on the rockwool, every 2 days.
I have to improve the system, better roots hormons, i used powder and rhizotonic,
The problem with the rhizo is the high ph value, it says not on the package what to do with the high ph, lower it or not..I want to buy a gel instead of powder for the stems.
It is possible that the roots will come today or tomorrow.. but the leafstems are turning red already, so i took off the most leafs less evaporation..they have a definite slowdown already!!%3ctern%20%3cmile Next time better..
forma420 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote forma420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 03:41
Martini the gel is the way to go. it really doesnt take a lot once you dip'em and stick'em. there's been some cuts that thought for sure was never big enough to grow and k-pow...they coming all in less than 10 days using the same BUT full cubes your using. 
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 03:49
the cubes are not the problem, temp differences, humidity diff. and maybe not enough fresh air, old powder.. that are the causes
the solutions are gel,more stabil factors on temp hum and air..(lost 2 weeks..)
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 12:10
i just used plain water to get mine rooted didnt even ph the water
martini i tjhink you should make a bubble cloner or another idea is clonex
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 12:27
i am an unbelieveable grower, 30 years experience, cloning no survivor..
It started with a mother wich was not healthy, she had a slowdown already..
I made many clones, good ones, never had a 80% or more score..
I know all the theory, unbelieveable stupid, what can I say else? bubbles and gel are the next changes in the system..lost a month already..
I dont Ph the water too, if the clone is healthy,its not neccessary..
It has to do with "doing to much", like most grow problems.
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2010 at 10:04
good and bad news!!
The good news is  the first clone has a root ( after 16 days)
The rest is still bad news..
from the 4 clones i decided to take the worst one out and putted it in a glas without water, that one will not survive I thought...
The worst one has a root now and is potted.. She is yellow, red leafstems, etc. long way to go..
The 3 other ones stood to wet i guess?? to much water on the leafs maybe, to hot?
I m happy, the strain will survive, it will take weeks before she turns green again..
The soil is weed soil with some standard food in it..this will make her a little greener, after that i give small amounts of food extra, until she is normal again.
If i am to fast with food, she will die..
i took the 3 unrooted clones out of the "greenhouse box" they stand now on the same place as where the rooted one stood, i dont water them and wait..
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2010 at 10:08
these 3 have no roots..
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 13:29
This thread is continuing under the name of Survival of a clone part 2
/ Indoor growdiaries
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12