First Grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 17:55
don't worry about it marty.. it's really no prob at all.. i don't mind anyone using my thread even though i think making your own thread could help you be more organized and you could get much better help.. nevertheless, use my thread as long as you like (hope that Ganja is ok with it)! anyway, thanks JustAsmoker, we are proud that this is our very first grow! haha and thanks sarah lou for the advice, good words and GREAT info!! cheers everyone!
"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."
D&K
marty12345 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 17:12
Sorry dim for using your thread im new to all this. ill figer it out soon man sorry again%3co%20high 
JustAsmoker View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote JustAsmoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 16:51
yeah sorry dim. i thout it was marty123's thread and when i seen his plant i thout that guy needs all the info he can get

nice plants dim, keep up the good work
activate the super lumens switch
marty123 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 16:30
??????????????????????????????????????
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 07:23
Great info in that there post sarah lou!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 01:04
Hi there dim_799 I have just been reading over your log. The plants look pretty good... maybe a little low in nitrogen (ie the yellowing on the plant, pictured next to someone's forearm on the 19th Dec, is due to low nitrogen levels).

Apart from that they look pretty good. To really increase side branching you need to top during vegetative growth. This will keep the plants shorter and bushy if that is the style you are after... just keep in mind when you top a plant you remove the growth that would have produced the biggest biggest bud during flowering.

All the best for the rest of flowering.

----

marty12345, it's usually best to begin your own thread for a problem like this... it helps to keep the information together, but seeing as  dim_799 doesn't seem to mind you using his/her thread, I'll answer you here.

The plant pictured seems to have really suffered during the last 3 months, it looks like you have been killing them with kindness. With the conditions you described I am surprised that they have lasted this long.

First up the soil is too heavy, cannabis plants need a light and free draining soil. Most growers will achieve this by mixing perlite with a premium grade potting mix. Using garden soil or natural compost is not a good idea for potted plants, it's too dense and tends to suffocate the roots as it doesn't hold much air in the mix.

Second, the root problems have been multiplied by the watering schedule. Watering each day prevents the soil from drying off and excludes air, compounding the oxygen starvation. A good rule of thumb with soil is to water the pot until about 10% of the volume has run through the drainage holes... make sure you don't leave the plant in a drip tray containing sitting water. Tip the excess water out of the drip tray after the pot has drained and don't water again until the pot has lost around half it's weight and the top couple of cm's of soil has dried out.

Third, with the roots in bad condition the plant cannot take up nutrients from the soil. This is why the new leaves look okay but the lower growth keeps dying off. The plant is sourcing the major growth nutrients from the older leaves rather than the soil. Not feeding the plant can make this worse, but at this stage, without dealing with the other problems first, I don't think feeding now will make any difference.

Fourth, the temperatures are way too high... from what you have written, I gather the temperatures are sitting between 32 and 35C. You need to try and take about 10C off the temperature... low to mid 20's Celsius is more appropriate for cannabis. 

Fifth... worrying over things like humidity and pH at the moment is unnecessary, the plants have so many basic problems that these parameters wont have much of an impact on the plant's ability to grow. 

Finally, if all the plants are as stunted as the one pictured, my advice would be to go buy some unfertilised seed raising mixture and start some new seeds. I think it is very unlikely that the pictured plant will ever thrive as a result of the long term, poor growing conditions.

If you still want to try and save the plants you have, I'd suggest letting them dry out by about half the weight of the pot... unpot, remove as much soil from the roots as possible without breaking too many roots (putting them under a slow stream of water might help loosen the old soil)... repot into a decent potting mix with about 25% perlite added and a spoonful of dolomite lime. Water in with some seaweed extract and lift the lights a foot for a day or so, as the plants recover, bring the lights back dow to the usual level. Do not water again until the pots have dried off again (as described above in the second point).

I hope you will begin your own thread and continue to update us on the plant's progress... oh and have a look at Basic Cultivation Instructions in the FAQ's.

All the best, sara %3c3ceed%3c20leaf
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 19:26
MARTY12345, there is much wrong with your plant, she needs not more than a cola glass of water aday or if she is not hanging even less. Give her next time water ina small bucket, put the plant in the bucket so she can drink from the bottomside, your soil might be not weedsoil, to low ph and rainwater is low ph too. humidity raising is simple spray water in the air, thats all.I ve seen plants that look worse than yours, she has small internode length thats positive, if she looks ok i would give no water, if the humidity is low you can spray the plant a few times aday.succes
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 19:16
they do it very good! They still have not much sidebranches but next grow with a 400w direct from the start they will make them then.
Nice grow , as JUST A SMOKER says less water is more air in the soil is better plants, you are doing fine . Let the plant do the work, if she wants more she tells you..
It is going very good, green stems, green stemleafs. green leafs, she has everything! Next time some food, might be better 2x 50% food instead of 0% +100%, or 25% and 75%
if there shows a problem you could give some more because then you are shure that it is a deficient, a problem with to much will not occur. its going fine
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 18:39
hey guys hope you are all good!! just an update on the beautiful beautiful ladies.. we are on day 16 of 12/12 and they have an average height of 50cm.. we repotted them a couple of days ago into what i think are 10-13L pots (not exactly sure). we gave them only water last time and we just fed them today. we didnt bring up the dosage, we'll do it next time.. everything is looking really good and bushy.. let me know what you think guys! cheers and merry Christmas everyone!

D&K
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 18:09
hey marty.. that certainly doesn't look like a plant that has been in veg for 3 months.. your methods sound fine to me even though i would only water it when it needs it (even once a day could prove too much with that pot, IMO). your humidity should be around 40-60% but i wouldn't worry if it goes off a bit.. if you want to bring it up without changing temps just put a bowl of water near the plants and the fan blowing at it will bring it up a bit.. your temps sound fine, mine drop to 18-19 at night and go up to 30-31 during the day and i have no prob.. anyway, i really cant understand why your plant is growing so slowly but yet again im not an experienced grower.. hope i helped some how.. good luck!!
D&K
JustAsmoker View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote JustAsmoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 18:04
hey man, its very small for 3 months old dude. that soil dont look to great either and watering twice a day is probo 2 much dude. its more like once every 3 days. i try to run my soil quite dry so the plant gets ust toit and keeping the soil dryer helps the roots breath. you get a better plant
cool man
activate the super lumens switch
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 17:35
cant see your picture , wrong title, use letters only, in the title, no-_+= etc.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 17:11
Managed at last to get some up .........ill be sending more.
This plant is a widow that is 3 month old all new leaves start off very well but always turn brown over time it is only about 6 and a half inches high
i am only watering 2 times a day and have lightened up a lot, the temp in there is now at a stedy 25c day & night i have switched off 1 of my lights too now only leaving 2 four feet long lights on with 1 cool & 1 warm bulb in each.
Im using rain water at the mo without a ph test my tester is broken
Its getting 16 hours of light a day............
Should i let the temp drop a little in the night ?
What should my humidity be at and how do i get it up without changing temp ?.............
Thank you guy again for this help%3clap
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 16:56
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 16:10
the pic i keep taking are to big i have to get my self a program to make them smaller be back soon........................ happy christmas to you %3cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>