First Grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 21:23
martini we are too damn scared to feed even with 25%.. anyway depending on how and if they recover we'll think about it.. for now only water.. mellow thanks for the good words bro, we only hope for the dopest weed we've ever smoked.. the yellowing seems to have stopped progressive even though i am not 100% sure for all 3 plants.. here is what is bugging me though: two of the plants are dark green but the other one is a pale green.. is that a deficiency or is it the final stage of flowering were leaves start to lose color and eventually fall off?? i will post pics so you can understand better but thats all for now.. cheers!!
"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."
D&K
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 14:40
good job dim, can't belive i missed it as were both newbs growing at the same time, although your infrount of me and will have some nice smoke soon, and yes they look a little bit over fed.
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 17:54
only water is ok, depending on how long it takes to harvest, i think if it is 2 weeks this week once with 50% then water only then maybe again 50%, and then only water to the end. Some people flush with 25% food in it.. dont give them as much water as earlier, they dont grow anymore just the buds..Its up to you, you make the decisions, you are with the plants and you have some green fingers now..and let me know what you decided! you have the steering wheel in your hands, do what you think is best! succes!
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 17:09
Thanks for the good words martini and sal.. just checked on them today and they look a little bit better.. martini are you sure i should feed, even with half a dose?? i was thinking giving them only water as they ought to be harvested in 2 weeks at the most..
D&K
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 22:16
The good are really good but the bad news might could get worst. But as your plants are entering the late stage it might not be so bad but next time is better to prevent the situation coz it might get out of control!

Excellent buds Dim
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 19:58
if the hairs ( hi dim) start to get orange you have not so very long to go and the problems seems to be only on the fanleafs.
My advise, give them water with a half doses (at most) do no soil change at the top( there grow no roots) i think she will survive!
i will pray for your plant and than it will be ok i guess!%3clap
for a first grow i find it good even if you have some troubles, the buds look great!last week before harvest just a little water, just a little,they will be fine.
see you later alligator..
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 19:18
ok so we are on day 45 of 12/12 and some hairs have started to get orange.. the buds have looooads of thc and look really healthy overall. however the yellowing and dying on the leaves hasn't subdued. i am not really sure if it has got worst either.. we are still giving only water, not too little but not too much.. if it doesn't get any better the next few days we are thinking of discarding the top 1-2 inches of loose soil and giving it a good flush.. generally it is a small part of each plant that is affected and the growth doesn't seem stunted.. the plant doesn't seem to be dying as almost all of the big fan leaves look green and healthy.. anyway here are a few pics, good and bad.. cheers!

bad ones..

and good ones..

D&K
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 21:25
in the beginning there were some same leaf problems, i didnt recognize insects, it might be that the damage of the middle part of the leafs come from this insects, they were not overfeeded. now they are .( i gave you a schedule..)
i hope  they will survive, no food !
 keep sending pictures next days
good luck!!
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 21:06
they look like my "survival of a clone" (indoor growing, not in diaries)  give only tapwater not to much the roots need some air.
some water on the leafs made the burning on the leafs, the leaf tips that are brown are a signal that they are extra overfeeded, wait  maybe 2 weeks with feeding. You flushed, let them dry a little, then small amounts of water each time, 1 cola glass for example.
If possible you could lift the plant and fill the bottom of the pot with new soil a few centimeters. Then give water from the underside , drinking from a plate, bucket.
They are heavy overfeeded. :((
edit : insects, i do not remember this problem, if some damage is done by insects its an unknown type for me, i had triphs , spidermite , fruitflies, white flies, small crawling creeps in the soil etc.
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 05:38
If you think its over ferted, dont feed it more! It does look very green. Give it just pure water for a while and see how it goes. It doesnt look anywhere near finishing so i wouldnt be in too much of a hurry to start flushing just yet. The flying bug is likely a fungus knat or thrip. I would ignore it for now but when your grow is finished be sure to clean your box up and leave it in darkness for a week, that ought to encourage whatever it is to leave. Some of your leaf damage may be down to leaving water droplets on the leaf blades. The unusual looking little tears might be thrip damage aswell. Where the leaf has been chewed on it dies but the surrounding leaf continues to grow, thats how they form.
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 01:36
hello to all! ok, so we are on day 39 of 12/12 and the ladies are not as good as we'd want them to be.. as you can see below some leaves show these yellow and dead parts.. some leaves are also a bit deformed.. our guess was that we over-fertilized them and so we flushed them 3 days ago.. we can't really tell for sure if the yellowing has subdued.. in about less than a week we plan on starting flushing them until harvest.. however we were thinking about feeding them one last time (with about half the dose we fed them last time).. do you think it's a good idea? And if that isn't enough, today we noticed a couple of tiny flying bugs inside the homebox.. they looked kind of like fleas.. what do you propose that we do? Anyway below are the pics.. we tried taking them as clearer as we could.. hope you can make something out of them.. cheers!

couldn't resist uploading some nice ones though..

D&K
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 16:49
yes but the seeds will not be as good as the original and will have more and more male flowers each grow..
life is life nana nana na
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 16:37
so if it is indeed a nana (we will upload some clearer pics soon), the only result is some seeds?? if so, i don't mind me some extra k.o. kush seeds!
D&K
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 16:12
i had in my JF the same as above photo when i looked very good with a magnifying glass it was not a nana, but it looks like it is a nana..
But what if it is a nana?? take it out? or accept the risk of a (few) seeds? i dont know!
edit:
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 15:08
nana=banana=male flower on female plants. Its blurry but it looks like one to me, you want to tweak it off.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>