First Grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tommylee883 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 17:34
yeah with a cooltube you could aim for the 1.2m plants, a 600w HPS with cooltube can get as close as a foot away, so with a 400 you could get closer than that.
like martin gr said though, make sure temps are nice and stable for the wintery conditions :)

Tommy
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 20:13
martiniGR sorry if i seem noobish but what's a tubepipe extram? electricity cables i get easily get there's a shop around the corner from my house and it has anything that will be needed to mount it.
we are growing in the basement where the temperature is very stable. its around 27C and doesnt drop much during the night..
quick thing guys our fan's rotary system kind of failed today.. don't know why.. until we can get a new one we left the fan blowing constantly on the plants.. this won't be a prob for the plants will it?
thanks for all the help so far guys and sorry for the frequent questions, im just a perfection freak and i get really anxious now that they are still small..
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 21:10
your plants need constant fresh air, no fan means no moving leafs no fresh air around the plant is reduce of growth..

I saw a cooltube on the site, it was a cool tube only not including  in-going air "tube ' and  no outgoing air "tube"
see foto on thread : big bud (search word)..(friday 19 nov.)
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 19:14
i see what you mean martini.. thanks
probably wont get the cooltube and aim for the plant to reach 1m
the little guys btw are growing very nicely
some leaves are getting deformed by the air but its not something to worry i believe. the new ones coming out look beautiful and green. i'll post pics asap.
I noticed though, on some older leaves some yellow marks on the edges of a couple of leaves.. is that from overwatering or overfeading them?
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 18:46

i posted as many pics as i could so you guys could see and hopefully understand my problem. it wasnt like this a couple of days ago. things got really worse as you can see. however all the yellow leaves are older leaves. the new ones coming out look green and healthy which is a good sign i guess. anyone got any idea?
forma420 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote forma420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 07:28
did you spray the plants? looks like you sprayed them under the lights and they got microburns from the droplets. IMO they are 2 young to show deficiencies and the new growth is good n green. keep an eye on them for a week should be ok
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 00:04
yea i did the mistake and sprayed them once.. that's what it probably is cause as you said forma the new growth looks goooood.. i dont have a ph meter jp cause i didn't think i would need it at this stage.. i will have one at the end of the week at the latest so ill test then.. thanks m8s.. will post pics when i can
forma420 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote forma420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 20:11
IF u spray them--DONT do it under lights and DONT dry them under the lights. Learned advice on both.
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2010 at 17:59
hey guys just uploading some pics so you can see the progress of our babies. we are 25 days in veg and the plants are looking mainly healthy. just a few spots here and there but thats probably from the micro burns. we water carefully every 2-3 days waiting for the soil to dry. the leaves on one of the plants seem to have banked downwards a bit (pic 2) but it's probably the movement of the plant since overwatering is out of the question. anyway, let me know what you think. cheers.

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."
D&K
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2010 at 18:33
the look healthy man, not much side branches, do you have your 400w working already?
they can use some extra light
It's time to put them in  bigger pots..
they look realy healthy, but some extra light is better
 the good thing is you did not give to much food, exact good dosis,
if they grow bigger they need step by step a little more food
A shortness, if it will come, you can repair quite fast, to much damages the plant
succes!!

Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2010 at 22:46
thanks martini.. we will be re-potting in 5-6 days into what i think are 5 or 6 litre pots.. we will also be installing our 400w hps and starting the bloom period.. we dont want them to get to tall because of our limited ceiling space so we think its a good idea to starting blooming when they are 20-25 cm tall (they are currently about 16-20).
D&K
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2010 at 07:10
stop!!

Dont do everything in the same time, first things first
1 repotting as soon as possible (you can pot them under un angle of 45 degrees if height is a problem)
water them in the new soil part, they make more roots quick, few days at least
then they have to get used to the more light ( look out for burning keep distance to the bulb, day by day less distance to 40 cm )

BTW the plants are stretched because they want to grow as quick as possible towards the light, she has not enough.. thats why she has no side branches yet, all energy in height.
read my diary JF#5 girl, my plant is the opposit of yours.

succes!!

dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2010 at 19:24
thanks for the tips martini.. ok so we just repotted (ill post pics tomorrow probably) into 4 litre pots. we'll flush tonight or tomorrow morning with just water. i noticed though that the lowest leaves of 2 of the plants have a discoloration. they are a light green opposed to the new growth which is nice and green. will the lower leaves fall off eventually or is this some kind of def? also some leaves' tips are pointing upwards or downwards and also have a discoloration and look kind of dead (but just the tips). anyway all new growth looks gooooood and we are generally happy. our ph meter and 400hps lamp should come tomorrow or the day after.
D&K
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2010 at 19:57
they will grow over the small problems
they have to get used to the light, make roots etc.keep the lamp at 60cm ( 400w) everyday 5 cm less upto 40 cm dont give to much water and give in steps after a week some food some more if they do well
dont try to force growth with food  PLANTS DONT WORK THAT WAY
if she grows well she deserves some extra food step by step if she doesnt dont give her more.. %3ceek
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2010 at 04:59
hey guys day 30 today and we just put our 400w hps lamp and began the blooooomin! the babies are about 22-28 cm tall. they are looking really healthy especially a couple of hours after installing the 400w lamp (the photos below are before those couples of hours). damn they really like the light. however, the bottom leaves of one the plant (first 3 images) are taking a really weird curl and i have no idea what it is. also googled it and didnt find anything enlightening enough. anyone have any idea what is causing this? at first it was only one leaf and we thought maybe it was the fan that twisted it but turns out its probably not because all the lower leaves followed. the upper leaves and new growth looks awesome though. also we encountered some heat problems. after the couple of hours the temperature in the homebox reached 33 C which is not too good obviously. we will be upgrading our room's ventilation system and we will be adding more fans to try to bring it down to 30 to begin with. humidity was around 36% so we will add a large bowl of water to bring it up a bit. any extra ideas on how to stabilize temp around 27-30 would be greatly appreciated. let me know what you think guys. cheers!

p.s. i also found this great post on another forum on how to make a carbon scrubber out of plain things around the house. i found it really easy, helpful and clean.
http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/281136-how-cheap-easy-efficient-diy-carbon-scrubber.html

D&K
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>