First Grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Grow
    Posted: 20 November 2010 at 15:48
Hello everyone, my friend and I are starting a new grow. I have tried once before by myself but got busted by my parents many years ago (ouch), but now the conditions are much much better. For starters we will be growing at my friends basement and he lives with his mother who is totally cool with the idea. Even smokes from time to time:)). Anyway, we are already one week into veg. I dont have pics yet but ill be posting really soon. Any questions, advice and criticism is of course welcome, since most of you here are much more experienced than us.

We are growing 3 feminised k.o. kush from heavyweight in a homebox L that is 80x80x160. K.o. Kush reaches about 120cm so i think the dimensions are good. Due to money probs we are using a fluorescent lamp for veg 250W (damn thing is huge). For bloom we will buy an hps 400W which i think is more than enough for 3 plants. We are using the BioBizz Starter kit which includes RootJuice, BioHeaven, BioGrow, BioBloom, and TopMax. The seedlings were put in the plates on the 8th, put in the dirt on the 10th and then sprouted two days later on the 12th. It's been one week and they are about 9-10cm tall which is surprisingly good if you consider we are using a fluo lamp. The temp is about 27 C and the humidity around 60% (we try to bring it up a bit whenever we can). They look healthy and green but you'll see that when i post pics.

Thanks for reading this and remember we are newbies so anything you can say to guide us will be appreciated. Will be posting pics soon.

D&K
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 22:28
here are some pics for now..

Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 00:44

Hi there dim_799

Nice growing you have there pal. Your seedlings look pretty nice as everything else.
Nice enginuous way to tie the plants %3c3chumbs%3c20Up 

One thing I advise is to hang the FL lamp horizontally not vertically. By hanging it vertically you'll provide your seedlings more light because now the biggest amount of light is spread and "wasted" to the sides and and those lil guys are not using them.

If you want to bring humidity a lil bit put a bowl with water and a fan blowin near it and the plants so water can evaporate and raise humidity a bit.

Other than that your ready to go. Good luck,

Sal
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 01:33
as sal said sort ya light out
and good luck
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 12:24
nice , do you have a fan blowing towards the plants??
Dont give to much water,they are small
take your time  and dont push them
To much water makes the roots lazy and the plants need strong roots, let the roots grow
by giving them just a little water
best from the underside
A fan is important to strengthen the stems
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 14:19
second pic on right of is it fan blowin
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 15:27
thanks sal! ill get to it then.. yea jp it is a fan on the second picture
thanks for the tips fellas.. i will post more as soon as i have something new.. martiniGR i give them a little less than 330ml everyday all together.. so basically 100ml each day for each plant.. you think i should cut back on it?

D&K
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 17:18
i cant say exactly
how many of your plants fit in a beer tin?
Im thinking a little less how much exact dont know
I am 100liter and drink around 1-2 liter a day
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
tommylee883 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote tommylee883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 11:48
like it's been said mate, sort your light out :)
a 400w hps like you said will be more than enough for 3 plants, i have 6 on the go under the same light :)
Heat may cause a problem though, and you don't want your plants to reach a final height of 1.2m, considering the light distance, and the depth of the light/reflector itself, you should aim for a final height of around 1m.
As for watering, don't over do it! Feel the weight of the plants when they are well watered, and feel the weight of a plant thats dried out and is needing watering, this is a good indicator of when to water again. Aim for approx 10% run off.
Your nutes are pretty much the same as mine, i stick with the biobizz grow stuff,
Heres links to my diaries for referance if you need it:

Grow #1 - indica

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6322

Grow #2 - sativa

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7226

Biobizz Feed Chart (very usefull)
Don't want to link another forum outside of sensi, google "biobizz feed chart"

Nutrient problems:

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6499

Hope this helps mate, best of luck with the grow,

Tommy

martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 12:59
If you gave to much water you could make some holes in the soil with a screwdriver or some stick, it dries quicker and gives oxygen to the roots

BTW this is also good right after potting: oxygen holes..
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 14:10
martiniGR thanks for the tip.. although i already reduced the amount of water i give them just to be sure.. tommylee thanks for the diary links.. they will help A LOT.. the feed chart came with the nutes so im good with the amounts... i was thinking of buying a cooltube with the lamp.. i have read in this forum that a cooltube pretty much holds all the heat, person claimed that he could actually touch the cooltube without getting burnt.. could I then aim for the 1.2 m plants?
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 15:06
Depending of where the heat goes, it could make your room colder, in summer is that nice but in winter.. Where goes the heat of the cooltube? maybe 130 cm.
dim_799 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dim_799 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 16:27
i really dont know.. im guessing it gets trapped inside..
http://www.head-nature.com/07036
thats the link that im going to order it from.. check it out if you want..
btw you were right about overwatering the plants because i just checked on them and the soil was very moist even though it didn't seem like it on the surface. 1 or 2 leaves have actually started to deviate downwards a bit. i guess that's a sign of overwatering. rookie mistake. i have also noticed a small white mark on one leaf. anybody got any idea what it might be? ill post a pic asap.
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 17:07
might be water on the leafs while watering, the bulb burns the white spot 4-5 mm?
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 17:12
you have to buy  the tubepipes extram and maybe even more? electricity cables?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>