Speeding germination process.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
oscarsmith View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote oscarsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speeding germination process.
    Posted: 18 November 2010 at 19:29
Hi guys,

Its been a while, hope your all keeping well.

Just a quick one. I'm working away at the moment leaving the mrs looking after the girls whilst I'm away. I want to germinate my seeds this weekend but I doubt they will be done in 48 hrs. Does anyone know if there is a way of speeding up the process?

Thanks in advance.

Oscar.
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 20:03
Welcome back!

I have no idea. Nice temperature and humidity conditions are the fastest way to germ seeds. Not giving the seeds these conditions will slow the process.

Don't think it can be speeded up.
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Lazyman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Lazyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 20:17
How about starting to germinate them today so you have a day ore two more 'till this weekend?
C_weed View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote C_weed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 21:58
I've had many seeds germ within 48 hours. I don't think extra warmth will speed it up too much, just room temp, wrap the plate with plastic wrap to keep in the moisture, and keep them in the complete dark. If they're good seeds you'll have more than a few ready.
I love plants.
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 23:41
Bang em in rockwool they fly
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 01:03
yeah 2 ways germ them the sensi way, thats the way i done it got temps to 21C in between 2 paper towels, drenched but with excess dripped off. seeds cracked in about 24/36hrs, they are super skunk from sesni.
but you could just try and germ them in the medium you wish to grow, or as jp says rockwool, i don't think you'll get as good a result back, but who knows.
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote oscarsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 11:34
Cheers Salgado, how you doing mate?

Thanks for the advice guys.

So I could germinate in my biobizz?

I just germinate in between two pieces of kitchen paper in a dark seal tight tub in my airing cupboard between two towels. My last Blue Cheese took 3-4 days.

The problem I have is that I won't be home til tonight then leave again Monday morning.

Any more tips would be great, and thanks again
for being so helpful as always!

Oscar :-)
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 13:10
leave it to the misses,
yeah you can germ in the biobizz, but you might get a better return doing the tissue way and letting the misses transfer them over to the pots.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 13:50
on the other hand why not just germ them on monday when you get back, i know you wanna get em in asap, but its a long process and 2-3days wont make a difference
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 13:52
sorry bud, your away monday. god i used to do that in one of my previous jobs, leave sunday eve get home fri afternoon, eveyweek, livin outta a suitcase, nightmare.
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote oscarsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 08:51
So why do you have to germinate canabis seeds?

Is it not possible to just plant them like any other seeds? As if these seeds are not ready by Monday il have to leave it to the mrs to plant them but don't really want to as she dusnt know what to do and it's a lot of money to waste. If they can just be planted I'd rather do that??

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 14:02
yes you can just plant them, but people say that they dont get as good a return as gernin them first. if thats your only option then get em planted, make up some ph'd water and maybe give em some root stim. see what happens then you'll know for next time mate.
some guy i know always potsin to little pots of coco and he recons he has a 80/90 chance of em sproting.
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 14:22
Cheers Oscar how you doin? I think that if you want to start the process you can put them in soil right away or in peat pellets or rockwoll like Mellowchris does. Soak it and then leave it to your girl and ask her to spray them twice a day.

If you have put them already in plates put them in some medium and explain to your girl what you would do exactly. It's simple.

I think you'll have success doing this. No worries and You'll know your girls is great for a weed grower as you

PS. Make sure you leave everything planned like humidity and temp. And only leave the sparying job for her.

Good Luck and Im looking forward to see your beautiful topped plants!!!
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
forma420 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote forma420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 07:12
Seen em in the bag, in the towels,with water and they germed! 1/2 root in one night. couldnt get it potted that day, grew another inch in the paper towel! transferred to dirt medium and all good.
Taken dirt to hydro and hydro to dirt and these were at 1 month of age...just trying to see if actually worked.
all germs have been through this process of paper towels wet, not standing in water, in a dark cupboard in a plastic bag...and if the seeds are viable..they pop within 48 hrs..if not by then, they never will. Needs time..24-48 hrs...cant seem to speed this part up.
 Post Reply Post Reply