Personal Indoor Garden - Living with sexy ladies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 35>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 23:43
Update:

Doing this because today is day 1 of flower cycle for my plants. They are 20 cm tall in average so can wait no more. I'll do weekly updates but I'll open exceptions if there's a motive to.

Let's go to business:

Supports for them plants. A lil bit of "education" was needed coz they were getting insubordinate in terms of growing. The zip ties were applied not to tight so the stem may develop with no problems.

A photo with the light on showing the girls are with a fairly even height.

A family photo. I reorganized the pots so there are some space between them now. I still have some space to relocate them under 1m2 the lamp can cover. Some of them are showing they could be given some N. I'll give them tomorrow less then half dosage, maybe 25% only due to my recent suspections of Biobloom being a very nice stretcher.

Some of the smaller and lower branches were taken off. They were not getting much light so I decided to do it. The main goal is to grow big main colas and not some popcorn buds. This procedure will continue in the future and some more branches might be taken too.

To finish the smaller specimen. Looking good and happy.

It has some side branches getting big, no feeds yet and still very green. Can't wait to know wether it's a girl or not. I'm thinking when I'll top it I'm going try to root the leftover and if it roots I'll flower it. Don't want to flower the mother and then reveg it coz it might get too big for a Bonsai.

Nice weekend to you all.

Sal
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2010 at 01:09
look s good pal 1 idea keep ya hygrometer at the level of the tops of your plants not the bottom, it will give false reading sitting on soil for humidity and lower the heat rading to so in line with tops is best, ive mad a stand out of wood single peice up 2 across bottom nail in top and hang hygrometer on it and also another peoice of wood with drill holes to raise it with plant growth
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 17:26
Hi all, update.

Day 8 of 12/12

Plants are big. The non-topped ones are the biggest, with about 45 cm all. I wish I haven't topped the others coz they are some days delayed wether in height or in pistils. For this kind of grow this is not a good option, especially because if I'm going to have 45 plants in that space they'll have to be smaller and they can't be topped coz they try to use space they simply don't have.
     I gave the topped plants a lil bit more of BioGrow than the others: non-topped 1ml/l and topped 1.5ml. This is only to try to get them back in shape compared to the others.
     Beside BioGrow they were given 1ml of BioBloom and 1 ml of TopMax / L.
     They seem a lil bit bright on the main top maybe because the low temps we're having at night. The days are still sunny and warm but it gets pretty cold at night. I think it's still not time to put an heater or something because the lowest temp at night inside the cab is 18ºC so I think it's still nice although they seem to notice it.
     These are the news for the flowering plants so let's talk a little about the small one: bigger, healthy and topped for the first time. It was 10 cm tall since the first set of leaves so I decided to do it and actually she reacted pretty well to it. Did it last night and it was lovely today. Gave a lil feed this week 50% dosage still watering with 5.8 PH.
     One thing that got my attention on the small one is that it has few smell or no smell at all. Only when I rub the leaves the smell seems to exist bit it's very very soft. Let's see if I have a surprise in the future. One more thing about it is that in one internode seems to have a a small pre-flower with something weird one t and I don't to say it's a pistil ( wish I could say it now ) but I tried to observe it better with a magnifying glass but I couldn't conclude anything. Still have to wait.

Pics now:

The brighter part seems clear although nothing to worry about.

Had to level the pots so they are almost at the same height.

Example of a topped plant.

Pic of a nice pistil.

One more.

The flower starting to form

And to finish,

Here's how she looks.

Nice weekend to all.

Sal.

"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 00:50
Day 14 of 12/12

Plants are stretchy bitches . Some of them are about 80 cm! Didn't expect them to grow this much. The stretching hasn't finished yet and adding the size of the tops I wonder how tall they'll get. Of course the non topped plants are smaller in height and I still give some BioGrow to these ones to see if they can grow more because the leveling is getting difficult.

The flowers seem very nice. Lots of pistils and the smell in the room is starting to get "green". In a week or so I'm going to cut some of the lower branches again. Still have some branches that are not worth of it. Time passes slow...

I passed some time checking my plants if they are ok and I found some thrip damage and then I found one. How do these motherf**ks get into my garden every time? Can there be eggs in the soil? They really annoy me. way more than the fungus bastards. for these just some sticky traps are enough. When I find some spider I'll give them my flower room as a new home!

Girls are drinking 500 ml every 4 days but I'll increase it to 550 ml to some of them coz there's no run off. The PH now is 6.2 in every watering. On the next feed I'll check also the run off and see how it is.

Now about the small plant: It is showing lots of stress. The main stem and the leaves stems are very purple. It did not like at all to be topped and it has almost no smell. Can this absence of smell mean something?
Is it a low quality plant that should be discarded? Or is this simple a different strain which has nothing to be with my white widow? I wish it was because the plant already has... female flowers! Impressive!

I used to put it for some hours under the HPS so I could save some energy and maybe this is why the pre flower have grown. Also stress might be a reason for this. I was suspecting it already and I guess I wrote about it last update but now I am sure these are female flowers. The leaves are super indica, fat blades and beautiful. I'm going to repot it to a bigger pot soon.

If it can produce some quality weed the plant will represent a nice story.

Pics

Lights on.

Lights off.

Buds :)

They are getting nice.

They never get big :|

They are stretched but I love them.

Last one.

The small and most likely... girl.

High levels of stress. "She" is mad with me :(

A nice leaf.

And to finish the excellent news,

Pistils! :)

Nice weekend to you all people

Health and peace,

Sal.

snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 20:03
nice grow again...I hope I can start mine next months and get new cam...my feckin problem is that its hard to get seeds where I live and clones ar
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 03:48
Looking forward to see a grow of yours Snoopy.

Any considerations about my small specimen?
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2010 at 16:21
Hello all,

Day 21 of 12/12,

Plants are doing really well. The stretch has almost stopped, some of them are almost 100 cm high! This means stretching 500%!

The are getting resinous and that beautiful sugar smell characteristic from WW is starting to develop. I keep smelling them by the way.

They are gonna get today only water today, there's still no nute burn. After this watering 2/3 of feeding will go on.

I'm more confident now then I was some days ago about how much they could yield. Don't know if they'll do as good as the last ones but they'll do good for sure.

There's really not much to say about the flowering plants. They are nice so only time needs to pass.

The small plant is still stressed and a lil nute disordered. No smell and even my girlfriend askes me if it will be worth of it. I can't answer that question now...

Pics

Group photo

A nice bud

Resin on its way

Last one.

Small one.

A lil Problem I'll try to solve as soon as possible.

Nice weekend to all.

Health and peace

Sal
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2010 at 16:28
looks great pal
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2010 at 18:56
Thx JP. Lately I've been considering some strains to buy. Purple Haze and some other stuff came into my mind but a lil too expensive for now. So I thought about buying some SuperSkunk fem but I couldn't make up my mind when I saw your Skunks!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2010 at 01:58
really easy no problems no tip burn or yellowing lovely and green even the first sets of leaves on my first grow so easy strain jst look at my latest pics i cant say a bad word  just dont let em strecth 1 of mine did  way out of sorts lots of crystals, ill be rollin with the blog so keep checkin
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2010 at 06:20
Hey sal great job man%3c3chumbs%3c20Up its getting exciting now!I cant wait to see how this set up does, ive often wondered,lots of small plants or a few big ones??%3c3cackoBut we will know soon!

Dont give up on the little one yet!It may have a bit of light stress from being under different lights at different times?Maybe?

I dont think it looks bad at all and will only get better after the repot.

Edit; Is the little one a seed plant or a clone?
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2010 at 14:53
Hey Alecky! I 'm getting tired of waiting. Still more then 40 days to finish but it will be worth of it!

SOG and SCROG if done correctly will improve yield for sure. I'm afraid this grow I'm doing won't be conclusive at all because plants are too big to be called SOG IMO and I'm not using all space available coz I didn't have more clones.

I'm only using this method because it's a pain in the ass for me to work with big opts like 11L ones in such a small place. I can´t take the pots from the grow room and it's exterior to the house so no privacy at all plus the plants would be in contact with my lil garden and I don't want that.

The small plant is stressed because I topped it. It didn't like it at all. It was from a seed I found in a bud offered from a friend. I'm only growing it because the weed got me stoned although the plant has no smell at all. When I touch my Widows and when I touch it the difference is ridiculous.

As it has females pre-flowers plus the high I got when I smoke it I'm gonna give it a try.
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 15:13
Hello everyone,

Day 29 of 12/12:

Gonna start with some bad news this time. The small plant has several nutrient disorders. It seems to have an Nitro, Potassium and Calcium/Phosphorus defs. And as I've fed it sometimes I don't think the reason it's lack of nutrients. I've transplanted it into an 1L pot with BioBizz all mix.

I think I know what is happening. The plant was germinated in coco. And when I was giving it pH 5.8 water all was good. SInce some waterings I've changed it to 6.2 and I guess that is why problems are appearing. Lat watering I've already changed again to 5.8 to see what happens.
I'm not that worried because I don't see much future in this plant but learn from mistakes...

The bloom plants are doing good. The smell is getting more amazing every day that passes. When go to the room to treat my plants the smell gets into my clothes and it's very intense. Sometimes in the next day the smell is still present. I had to tied some ropes to keep them from bending so more light can penetrate to the bottom and I've tried again to keep them even in height so the light reaches equal to all of them. Now they are more organized in the flowering space.

Stretching has stopped some days ago, frankly enough of stretching! The bigger ones are higher than 1 m and I've taken off some of the lower branches gain. They could have been exactly with this structure if if I have had flipped the lights earlier.

Curiously there were no tip burn until I've watered them only with water. Once only water was given a slight slight tip burn appeared in some leaves of some plants. Not all are showing tip burns. Any way I'll reduce nutrients for less than 2/3 of the recommended in the schedule.

Some plants, the topped ones are drinking more water now than the others. Perhaps because they are a little bit more bushy. 2 of them are with some nice big tops and that's why they are more thirsty then others.
This is good and bad for me because I now have to change the watering cycle. Sometimes I water 6 plants only and this takes me lots of time in the overall process. It's gonna worth it I know.

Humidity has really increased in last few days. So I might consider switching the extract for more time. It's also caused by exterior humidity. Last week weather is rainy and heavily rainy.

I've order some SuperSkunk. 5 fem seeds for my next grow. Gonna try to keep a good mother, or even two to take clones for future grows. They will arrive in a near future and will be germ as soon as they come.
I observe my current grow and I want to make better SOGs but I wonder how would that space be with a nice and perfectly done SCROG. I have 45 3L pots to make 45 small plants but the idea of making 80 big tops with only 4 or 5 plants came into my mind, especially with each top weighting 5 or 6 grams. Interesting.

Pics now:

Smaller one - overall plant look.

The problems - pic 1

Pic 2

And pic 3

General view

The structure and height

Bud pic 1

Bud pic 2

Bud pic 3

And bud pic 4

Nice weekend to all

Health and peace

Sal.
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 19:29
You grow with BioBizz products
The best biological weaponsystem in the weedworld,
Topmax is perfect but the price..%3cmbarrass%3cd
You almost need to be a millionair to use that system in my opinion.

Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2010 at 04:50
0.5L BioBloom costed 8 € and 0.5L Topmax costed 17 €. Not expensive I think.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 35>