Personal Indoor Garden - Living with sexy ladies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 35>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 16:29
Sweet new setup there, Salgado. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of it, as I'm sure you are too!
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 06:31
What' up Ganja? It's been some time since we've talked. Hope all is good with you and the shop. The setup is going to improve in the future, although it's quite good already. Buying the extractor is well spent money. I've learned that it's better to save some money to to buy the top growing gear rather then buy cheap shit and conclude that it no good for the job and spend more in addiction to buy better stuff. Next investment will be a 600w with cooling system. That will be nearly perfect

Your right! I'm curious what kind of results I'll get. Although this time I have even better conditions I hope that the number of plants won't be enough to beat the last amount of weed I produced, but if it's good anyway it means that doing a SOG of 45 plants with a 600 w will be worth of doing. At least I'm having fun with it and with all the construction and planning. See a green future for me

By the way I would like to have your opinion. I was thinking in topping the greens. Having to big buds on each plants gets me delighted but I dunno If as the plants get a little big structure they take some light from each others. I'm going to flip them in about 2 days coz they are growing very fast now so I don't have much time to decide and one advantage that can make me toping is that I haven't got the pots covering the m2 that my 400 w can work. If you would top them how much time would you still veg them ( not forgetting I'm doing a SOG) for the 2 new top branches to support big buds? I want to get as much as I can without compromising anything.

Here's some photos of the girls:

Group shot. They are growing very fast. They were transplanted 8 days ago.

They all have about 15 cm and I decided to let them grow some more cms.

These 4 were the last ones to root and and are a bit delayed compared with the others. I'm trying to make them catch up by giving them some BioGrow and only water to the others. I think it's working.

Here's a dancing girl. The drop aspect is coz the lights were of and I had them sprayed.

Roots very healthy, white and growing fast.

And to finish here's the lil fella and how it's doin. Guess I'l top it in about a week or 2.

Thx for stopping by and for the comments you can give.

Peace

Sal
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 11:51
Hi salgado my father would agree with you,he always said we cant afford to buy cheap shit!

Plants are looking very good ive topped plants in veg and left them for a few days before before i switched to flower.I also have topped plants in the first few days of 12/12 with no apparent problems,although i have read that topping while plants in flower can stress them,maybe ive been lucky!

Maybe top half of them as a little experiment?
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 11:56
There is a technique you can use to even out clones that involves trimming the root balls all down to equal sizes, (or something%3co%20high) never had any reason to use it myself but it might be worth looking into
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 12:59
A bonsai-loving friend was very much into trimming roots and reported good [initial] results from trying the same technique on cannabis. He had small plants in bonsai net pots, which allow the grower to snip any roots that poke through the medium/net. He seemed to think they were growing faster, though I don't know if it made much difference to the final result.

I don't think it's a method I'd try. I've always been taught to encourage and protect root growth above all else. Foliage above ground can be replaced quite quickly, but I've always been nervous about damaging roots. On principle, the roots should be similarly resilient and quick to regrow, but they're so fundamental to the plant as a whole, I'm cautious about messing with them.

If anything, the main root ball should be treated with kid gloves. Clipping the outer tips of roots is less likely to cause major stress, but I'm not sure that it would have any positive outcomes.
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 15:22
Originally posted by alecky

Hi salgado my father would agree with you,he always said we cant afford to buy cheap shit!Plants are looking very good ive topped plants in veg and left them for a few days before before i switched to flower.I also have topped plants in the first few days of 12/12 with no apparent problems,although i have read that topping while plants in flower can stress them,maybe ive been lucky!Maybe top half of them as a little experiment?

Your father is right Alecky especially in this crisis time. Cheap shit s loosing money and time. I also thought topping half the plants but if in the end I recon I could had topped them all I would be unhappy. I'll wait for Ganja's advice too.

In his video, Mr. Green tops his plants one week into 12/12 and he says it works. But I guess that doing it a week or some days before should be better.

Originally posted by Proteus

There is a technique you can use to even out clones that involves trimming the root balls all down to equal sizes, (or something%3c3co%3c20high) never had any reason to use it myself but it might be worth looking into

Wouldn't this technique promote faster development after the plant recovers?

Originally posted by Ganja

A bonsai-loving friend was very much into trimming roots and reported good [initial] results from trying the same technique on cannabis. He had small plants in bonsai net pots, which allow the grower to snip any roots that poke through the medium/net. He seemed to think they were growing faster, though I don't know if it made much difference to the final result.I don't think it's a method I'd try. I've always been taught to encourage and protect root growth above all else. Foliage above ground can be replaced quite quickly, but I've always been nervous about damaging roots. On principle, the roots should be similarly resilient and quick to regrow, but they're so fundamental to the plant as a whole, I'm cautious about messing with them.If anything, the main root ball should be treated with kid gloves. Clipping the outer tips of roots is less likely to cause major stress, but I'm not sure that it would have any positive outcomes.

In terms of Bonsais I've read that trimming root balls can be used to recover plants in some bad conditions, renewing the root system revitalizes the plant.

I also read that doing this helps to keep the plants small. Of course you might have read this info too coz it's on the net.

I'm not disagreeing with you Ganja. Not at all. Just including some points of view to the debate. I respect more your opinion than anyone else's.

What do you think about topping my plants?

"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 15:38
Maybe better not to. If you're doing a relatively large number of plants in a small space, then the extra space required by topped plants may become impractical in the later stages of flowering.

In general, a topped indoor plant will not necessarily produce more bud than a single-stemmed. There are cases where a double-stemmed indoor plant will produce slightly more than if it had been kept to one stem, but in cases of 4 or 8-stemmed plants, this is usually not the case.

The advantage of topping is more often seen outdoors (where space and light penetration are not so much of a problem). Indoors, the advantage of multi-stem plants usually comes from using one root system to create a plant that fills a full cubic metre or two. In this case, extra veg time is important for root growth and above ground foliage to reach full potential before flowering is initiated.

Since these are clones, you could top up to five of them to test whether the individual mother plant responds well to topping and whether the extra yield, if any, is worth the extra space the topped plants will take up.
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 15:46
Thx for the answer. Just one more. I decided to let the plants grow 20 cm high instead of the previous 15 cm and then flower them. Should I wait for them all to get this tall, top 5 and change the light cycle immediately or should I wait a day or too giving the topped ones some nutes so they can catch up the others?
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 15:47
I'm thinking that perhaps should I top the most developed ones so they'll be fairly even?
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 16:14
Topping the most developed ones might give an inaccurate view of whether topping really improves yield, as these ones already have potential to outweigh the smaller ones.

Maybe select a couple of the biggest to top and leave a couple of others the same size in order to test the method.

If you're going to top, best to do it now to allow the new shoots to regrow before everything is put into flower.
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 16:36
It's done. I'll give the topped ones some feed so the shots can grow quickly in a few days. Don´t have much time left though, maybe a couple of days only. They are about 17 cm more or less and growing fast.

I'll keep this updated.

Thx Ganja have a nice day.
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 19:06
i topped the smallest plant i have and now at a visual look its as big as the rest, ill let all know in my final page in skunk 1 grow
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 19:43
your clones look strong so topping is the best for them in anyway...up to 4 times more yield I think but dont set too early to flower ... a special hint to your ww grow...they love 24 degrees day and night so if you can set down it would be great
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 01:00
Thx for the tips Snoopy
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 01:45

4 times more yeild from topping i dont think so some how it really not make any difference at all or a little where did you get that from snoop????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 35>